Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

fart simpson posted:

how was the soup?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
a good ripe mango is like ambrosia

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
I do not enjoy mangoes.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

President Beep posted:

I do not enjoy mangoes.

gently caress you not voting for you again

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

mangoes are kinda tricky, you gotta catch em at just the right spot where they’re softening but still kinda tart

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

President Beep posted:

I do not enjoy mangoes.

:mods:

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

I want a mango now. I shoulda picked one up last night

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

President Beep posted:

I do not enjoy mangoes.
i will stand with you on this beep. not against the general flavor but eaten as a fruit it is as much of a wildcard as the rapscallion banana

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

the trick to the banana is to go to the Asian market and find the nam wah ones. They have a much better window of edibility than the Cavendish

toiletbrush
May 17, 2010

Kenny Logins posted:

i will stand with you on this beep. not against the general flavor but eaten as a fruit it is as much of a wildcard as the rapscallion banana
buy the pulp tinned, add some lemon to get the perfect tartness and then freeze it for the best sorbet imaginable

if you can get decent mangos puree them yourself ofc

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

depending on the brand, frozen mangos are the way to go imo. usually very good and the texture isn't entirely destroyed by being frozen. i like using mangoes in things where they aren't just rendered to mush

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Get yourself some alphonso mangos, then never go back to the lesser mangos.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

do you have alphonso mangos in a can?

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

I wish I could eat a durian without making everyone else in my place sick

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
once again thick cut pork chops have let me down. I don’t think I’ve ever had one that wasn’t totally bland on the inside.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

big hamburger patties? thick pork chops? take that poo poo away from me. feed it to the dog.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
for pork chops try souvlaki seasoning or marinade. also cooking low and slow

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

wife does thin cut sometimes. i quite like those.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

President Beep posted:

wife does thin cut sometimes. i quite like those.
my wife does thin cut and deep fries them tonkatsu style and they are insanely good that way. one of the few foods I still eat with ketchup (if there's no curry around)

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

Postin bout hot sauce. Valentina standard for daily driver. Valentina black label for special occasions

mod saas
May 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer

President Beep posted:

big hamburger patties? thick pork chops? take that poo poo away from me. feed it to the dog.

beep these are the policies that make you a hero of the people

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

President Beep posted:

go off.

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

Silver Alicorn posted:

they’re softening but still kinda tart
don't subtweet me 🤬

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

President Beep posted:

once again thick cut pork chops have let me down.
On the other hand I once started a kitchen fire cooking super thin porkchops for

you know

😞

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

President Beep posted:

totally bland on the inside.

don’t sign &c. &c.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

President Beep posted:

once again thick cut pork chops have let me down. I don’t think I’ve ever had one that wasn’t totally bland on the inside.

where were they from out of curiosity

i don’t buy grocery store pork hardly ever, it’s always bland (all the other issues aside). maybe the occasional butt to pull. if we want to get a good chop i’ll usually add some local heritage chops to the meat order for the month. it’s really a noticeable difference.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

mediaphage posted:

i don’t buy grocery store pork hardly ever, it’s always bland (all the other issues aside). maybe the occasional butt to pull. if we want to get a good chop i’ll usually add some local heritage chops to the meat order for the month. it’s really a noticeable difference.

they were from a pig

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

PokeJoe posted:

do you have alphonso mangos in a can?

Nope I buy mine from the Indian store. You can find them canned, although they add quite a bit of sugar to the pulp version.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

mediaphage posted:

some dumb chain restaurant nearby. maybe one rung above applebees.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Archduke Frantz Fanon posted:

Postin bout hot sauce. Valentina standard for daily driver. Valentina black label for special occasions
I've been using this one as my daily drive:

I like to put this ontop of pizza though:

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

AnimeIsTrash posted:

I've been using this one as my daily drive:

I like to put this ontop of pizza though:

Have you considered having a palate?

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

Ellie Trashcakes posted:

shots fired.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Ellie Trashcakes posted:

It's kind of like calling everything you gently caress up cooking chicago style, but instead you just douse it in hot sauce.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

President Beep posted:

some dumb chain restaurant nearby. maybe one rung above applebees.

ah yeah not too surprising i guess

so much restaurant food is so disappointing these days, we just don't eat out too much (excepting bar snax when not in a pandemic) anymore unless we're like out of town

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

mediaphage posted:

we just don't eat out too much
so do you take turns being batman or like what

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Ellie Trashcakes posted:

so do you take turns being batman or like what

sure

Trimson Grondag 3
Jul 1, 2007

Clapping Larry

Ellie Trashcakes posted:

I always figured it was a smoker thing so they could taste/feel something when eating but apparently not.

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Hello,

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

i like this stuff a lot but usually just use secret aardvark or texas pete extra hot as my go-to's. didnt there used to even be a hot sauce thread?