Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

haveblue posted:

subscribe to game pass

or as i call it: the really expensive way for me to still just play slay the spire all the time.

i will get to another proper game some day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

It mystifies me that they never made DLC for Slay The Spire

MrQueasy
Nov 15, 2005

Probiot-ICK

TOOT BOOT posted:

Slay the Spire and Hollow Knight... the devs spoiled us.

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

or as i call it: the really expensive way for me to still just play slay the spire all the time.

i will get to another proper game some day.

this looks like somethimg i could get into

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

TOOT BOOT posted:

they could easily have charged money for all the post-release content they added. truly blessed devs

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

MrQueasy posted:

Plug it in first.

you aren’t plugging that nintendo on into my tv. it’ll mess it up!

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

President Beep posted:

you aren’t plugging that nintendo on into my tv. it’ll mess it up!

Nintendos can turn your TV into a bomb!

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

TOOT BOOT posted:

The game's basically perfect already. I suppose they could add another, entirely separate spire with different enemies but it seems unlikely they'd capture the magic again

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
game pass is pretty incredible if you havent played games for the past 10 years

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
I just bought a bunch of games for my switch and I’m getting a lot more use out of it vs last year

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
i was thinking about getting a switch but the controls seemed so incredibly flimsy when i tried one. can you use an xbone controller instead?

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

High School Grads Eligible!

Shaggar posted:

i was thinking about getting a switch but the controls seemed so incredibly flimsy when i tried one. can you use an xbone controller instead?

the switch pro controller is very good

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

the switch pro controller has the same layout and supports the HD rumble

I got some “zen grips” for my switch lite and they are very deace

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

A Wheezy Steampunk posted:

that looks like a mad catz knockoff of a xbox controller

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

it looks derivative but it feels very comfortable and sturdy

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

wound up getting an 8bitdo sn30 pro (+ in my case, 2 is apparently much the same) in addition to my switch pro controller, and found myself preferring it. beyond just feeling better (could be subjective, but i challenge anyone to find it worse) it is cheaper and doubles as a xbox controller so you can pair it with your pc etc.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

A Wheezy Steampunk posted:

I have the 8Bitdo knockoff version of this and can confirm it's very good.

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

i pretty much play only handheld, but i use a satisfye grip and it's great. i've heard good things about the hori split pad pro, but i already have the satisfye and a bunch of joycons so havent tried it

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Shaggar posted:

You can https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0786JC6VW/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_glt_fabc_BEFV0R194R0EEF759QY8

Corla Plankun
May 8, 2007

improve the lives of everyone
what racing games do you guys like from this generation?

i got really into gta a-spec and the burnout games and i'm interested in a more modern take on doing fun car stuff.

i got project cars 3 the other day but it was not very fun. I think I kind of hate the "RACING SIMULATOR" genre because everything is super accurate and I want to do tryhard driving but then the AI is just a bunch of psycopaths who are constantly ramming my car all the time and it is so. unprofessional.

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Corla Plankun posted:

Forza Horizon is my favorite arcade racing sim.

e: the LEGO level and car DLC is loving awesome. Racing around & tearing a bunch of poo poo apart into its constituent bricks will never stop bringing me endless joy.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I keep telling myself I should play more Wipeout VR, but that's probably not what you meant by "racing game"

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

echoing forza horizon for the best arcade racing game on modern systems

horizon 4 is on game pass, 5 will be out in a few months and will be a game pass launch title

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

what are the best switch games? i only ever play ring fit on mine.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Can't wait for the new Forza Horizon, looked super good

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

i can't fit in the ring yet but one day...

MrQueasy
Nov 15, 2005

Probiot-ICK

PokeJoe posted:

Beyond Breath of the Wild, Mario:Odyssey, and Hades, what are you looking for?

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

PokeJoe posted:

DQ11 is great if you're looking for something to kill time. There are a bunch of really good remasters on the switch now too.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

PokeJoe posted:

i can't fit in the ring yet but one day...

No joke Mario Rabbids is pretty fun and surprisingly deep in regards to combat

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

the divinity port on switch is solid

also portable stardew valley is good

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

the mario rabbids one was a fun strategy game

i gotta get back to ring fit because it definitely felt like a decent workout and i should probably get the new golf game soon

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

fire emblem: hogwarts was good too

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

oh, i played carrion on switch and enjoyed it too, but that's on a ton of platforms. a lot of indie games have found there way there and run fine. if you're like me and didn't get them initially on a pc it's a good way to catch them

tetris 99 is block battle royale if you want a free game with good energy

AnimeIsTrash posted:

DQ11 is great if you're looking for something to kill time. There are a bunch of really good remasters on the switch now too.

yeah, the katamari port seems fine as someone that didn't get to play it originally

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

I picked up the Wonderful 101 remaster coz I’d always wanted to try it (get the physical version on eBay to save some cash)

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

Corla Plankun posted:

i got really into gta a-spec and the burnout games and i'm interested in a more modern take on doing fun car stuff.

i got project cars 3 the other day but it was not very fun. I think I kind of hate the "RACING SIMULATOR" genre because everything is super accurate and I want to do tryhard driving but then the AI is just a bunch of psycopaths who are constantly ramming my car all the time and it is so. unprofessional.

i still play and love burnout paradise - it was remastered for ps4 (and now switch). i doubt it'll get a ps5 upgrade or anything. i really lvoe the open world instead of tracks, too

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

I'd recommend the secret of mana collection. It has some bangers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=apts5fnjnnQ

Corla Plankun
May 8, 2007

improve the lives of everyone

Achmed Jones posted:

i still play and love burnout paradise - it was remastered for ps4 (and now switch). i doubt it'll get a ps5 upgrade or anything. i really lvoe the open world instead of tracks, too

it is a kickass game but i have been playing it over and over since it came out on PC and i just wanted something new. It is maybe my favorite car game of all time

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Corla Plankun posted:

gonna agree forza horizon 4 is what you want, I’d also recommend wreckfest and dirt rally 2.0

PokeJoe posted:

get wonderful 101. and monster hunter rise

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

Corla Plankun posted:

it is a kickass game but i have been playing it over and over since it came out on PC and i just wanted something new. It is maybe my favorite car game of all time

ahh that's fair :)

that starfield game looks like it's gonna be rad, too. i cant see myself getting an xbox (and certainly* not a gaming computer) just for that and trying out forza (which i dunno if id like), but im gonna look longingly at all the people havin fun with em!

*probably

Jenny Agutter posted:

get ... monster hunter rise

gently caress yeah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trimson Grondag 3
Jul 1, 2007

Clapping Larry

Jenny Agutter posted:

gonna agree forza horizon 4 is what you want, I’d also recommend wreckfest and dirt rally 2.0

wreckfest is good fun, the AI is the right combination of trying to crash and trying to drive. some fun soft body physics too without full beam.nah