Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Noa was too antsy to get her nails clipped last time we were at the vet, so they prescribed some sedatives so she could safely have her nails clipped next time(today). but they sedatives make her almost straight up drunk, she is wobbly as hell, and can barely stand up. don't think we'll be doing that again. I'd rather wrestle her to the ground and hold her in place while someone clips them than her hopping up in her chair only to fall off it(or not be able to get up in it to begin with), or lay down like a corpse because she's so out of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
made a new friend at my daughter’s piano lesson

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

"piano lesson waiting room" is a pretty ideal hangout spot for a dog

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
buddy it’s not playtime right now, we’ve played plenty today

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

You just gonna scroll past this post without giving Apollo a boop on his sweet little puppy nose?

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

I booped but feel like Lando needs a boop too.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
My username has a lot of people asking questions already answered by my username.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

Goober Peas posted:

I booped but feel like Lando needs a boop too.

Have at it!

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Hey lovely folks. Pictured are some of the lovely pups that have recently been rescued by the fine folks at the rescue I volunteer with. Unfortunately... rescues tend to need a bit of medical attention and love which doesn't always come cheap. We are facing some fairly hefty bills this month, and we'd like to ask anyone who can spare a few dollars to donate. Every bit helps, and you're supporting a great cause that gives these lovely animals a second chance. Thanks in advance from the White Wolf and the Ferryman!!!
Donations can be made here:
https://www.chaineddog.org.nz/donate/

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

Hey lovely folks. Pictured are some of the lovely pups that have recently been rescued by the fine folks at the rescue I volunteer with. Unfortunately... rescues tend to need a bit of medical attention and love which doesn't always come cheap. We are facing some fairly hefty bills this month, and we'd like to ask anyone who can spare a few dollars to donate. Every bit helps, and you're supporting a great cause that gives these lovely animals a second chance. Thanks in advance from the White Wolf and the Ferryman!!!
Donations can be made here:
https://www.chaineddog.org.nz/donate/

Very Kiwicenric ordering form there.

(still works for a cash donation but might be tricky if you're trying to order merch)

Also, note that prices are listed in NZ dollars, current exchange rate is NZ$1 = US$0.69, so to Americans it will look like you're donating more than you actually are.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
So Americans have the opportunity to donate $69 for the low price of $47.61!

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

FrozenVent posted:

So Americans have the opportunity to donate $69 for the low price of $47.61!

....Nice?

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Wingnut Ninja posted:

Very Kiwicenric ordering form there.

(still works for a cash donation but might be tricky if you're trying to order merch)

Also, note that prices are listed in NZ dollars, current exchange rate is NZ$1 = US$0.69, so to Americans it will look like you're donating more than you actually are.

If you want merch, get in touch with me. I'll have it delivered to my place and I'll eat the cost of shipping.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
My allergies have been going crazy.

So I did a thing.

I kicked Monty out of the bed and he slept in his own bed last night.

I hate to report this, but I slept wonderfully and didn’t wake up with my eyes swollen shut.

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
this absolutely gorgeous girl showed up while we were at the dog park this morning:

It was nice and cool for a summer morning, we had rain come through yesterday and cool things off.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

boop the snoot posted:

My allergies have been going crazy.

So I did a thing.

I kicked Monty out of the bed and he slept in his own bed last night.

I hate to report this, but I slept wonderfully and didn’t wake up with my eyes swollen shut.

Your offer is insufficient to absolve you of the crime, but is nonetheless appreciated.

You loving monster.

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!
Every day around 3pm Aubrie gets like this. Bored of me working and not playing with her I assume.

https://i.imgur.com/0n54cBI.mp4

She hasn't been to well recently. A lot of eye discharge and a runny nose. Vet visit booked in tomorrow.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
They thought they had control of the situation

THEY THOUGHT WRONG

https://twitter.com/OfficerEdith/status/1413519851142799360?s=19

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Mega Comrade posted:

Every day around 3pm Aubrie gets like this. Bored of me working and not playing with her I assume.

She hasn't been to well recently. A lot of eye discharge and a runny nose. Vet visit booked in tomorrow.

God she's such a model, I love how shiny gray/silver she is.

My two adapted to my work from home schedule pretty well - breakfast and nap all morning, hour lunch spent walking 2 miles, then they'd nap more until the end of the day.

But then I was lucky enough that "end of the day" was 3:30 for me.

New job I don't end until 5, so I'm curious to see how they'll be later the afternoon when I'm still stuck to my desk, once I get settled in enough to start working remotely.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

My wife took Apollo up to NJ to visit her mom and dad so it’s me and Lando for the weekend. Having a hard time reading his affect- do you think he’s happy to receive bully sticks and chin scritches without an adorably obnoxious puppy all up in his grill?

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
tfw you’re not allowed on the couch but wanna snuggle

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

Peace was never an option

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1jxsfO9Dc5g

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
got a picture of a sleepy Noa finally.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Oh are we doing sleepy dogs?

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
I got a new neighbor in my apartment and their dog is a bit of a yapper, and every time we leave the apartment the new dog goes off. My dog is pretty used to apartment living and doesn't usually react (especially after the previous neighbor was a puppy howler) but he's starting to bork under his breath at the new dog when it goes off.
Any ways: That's two neighbor dogs who are less polite than my good boy. Thank you for listening.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Yea everyone in my neighborhood has yappy little ankle biters that always go off when I walk by their houses. Bonnie doesn't even react, Gigi always wants to go say hi 🙃

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
I have a confession

I do not like yappy dogs.

I also tortured Monty this morning and gave him a bath!

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!
All dogs are good dogs. The problem is owners who don't train out the yappyness. It's not hard to do but because they are small people think it's not an issue as they can't really do nay harm.

I had a women give me dagger stares the other day cos I didn't give her enough of a wide berth so her two yappy dogs went mental and starting running round trying her up in the lead. Aubs just laid down and wagged her tail thinking they wanted to play.

It's you and your dogs who are the problem, you walk in the mud.

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

boop the snoot posted:

I have a confession

I do not like yappy dogs.

I also tortured Monty this morning and gave him a bath!

Hopefully that helps with your allergies and you guys can share some naps together again soon!

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Goober Peas posted:

Hopefully that helps with your allergies and you guys can share some naps together again soon!

he jumped into the bed uninvited this morning after my alarm went off and I let him stay for about an hour and just set another alarm. But he paid the price!

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Mega Comrade posted:

All dogs are good dogs. The problem is owners who don't train out the yappyness. It's not hard to do but because they are small people think it's not an issue as they can't really do nay harm.

I had a women give me dagger stares the other day cos I didn't give her enough of a wide berth so her two yappy dogs went mental and starting running round trying her up in the lead. Aubs just laid down and wagged her tail thinking they wanted to play.

It's you and your dogs who are the problem, you walk in the mud.

1000% this. Also a lot of people get small dogs because they want a "lap dog" they think they don't need to train as much. Those type of people can and do get big dogs too, which leads to "barky" dogs, which can be just as annoying.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Jehde posted:

1000% this. Also a lot of people get small dogs because they want a "lap dog" they think they don't need to train as much.

I sincerely believe that this is the attitude for 90% of small dog owners.

And then they get mad at Monty for barking aggressively because your small poodle wanted to literally jump on his face.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

Mega Comrade posted:

My wife and I have started calling our dining room table "the bad rectangle" because we get treated to this exact song and dance if someone thinks we have spent too much time sitting at it.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

devmd01 posted:

tfw you’re not allowed on the couch but wanna snuggle

D'aawwwwwww :kimchi:

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

Very proud dad over here. Hoping that someday he’ll get accepted into Pawvard or Tale.

Wise Fwom Yo Gwave
Jan 9, 2006

Popping up from out of nowhere...

Timothy and Zipper would probably be considered “yappy dogs” because usual first greetings take place in their territory so they feel they must defend, and so they bark until you “pay the toll” with a handful of mini-biscuits.

They’re still good dogs.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
When should I be worried that my dog is getting too 'snappy' at puppies at the park? He's a tad more agressive than I'd like when correcting them as part of like a 4 month process to warm up to them. (We live in an apartment building, so he's going to be exposed to them either way)

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
A pup pup or an adult pup?

E: either way, I recommend a gentle leader and having leashed interactions until you get the behavior where you are comfortable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

boop the snoot posted:

A pup pup or an adult pup?

E: either way, I recommend a gentle leader and having leashed interactions until you get the behavior where you are comfortable.

He's 4, I'm just worried I'll have to stop taking him to the park if he scares off all the other dogs.