Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ofecks
May 4, 2009

A portly feline wizard waddles forth, muttering something about conjured food.

Josh Lyman posted:

shave little toaster

:five:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

felgs
Dec 31, 2008

Cats cure all ills. Post more of them.

Video Nasty posted:

New addition to our family is Luci

hello new cat

xcheopis posted:

You can really see how tiny he is under all that floof!

Now you have to use the floof to create a back-up toaster. :science:

I could potentially make two toasters, there was so much floof.

Josh Lyman posted:

shave little toaster

:five:

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
Pongo has decided to start sleeping next to me at night instead of on his perfectly comfortable bed downstairs. someone is Not Happy.

xcheopis
Jul 23, 2003

Video Nasty posted:

New addition to our family is Luci

:3:
Definitely getting next cat(s) a bumblebee toy

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016

xcheopis posted:

https://youtu.be/KLKsmJzn5Q8

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
Six years ago today, I brought Oscar home from the shelter

I don't have a picture yet from today but he's pretty much exactly the same in every observable way. I suspect he's sleeping in one of the bedrooms and the last time I went in there to verify that I woke him up and he yelled at me so you'll just have to take my word for it.

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

xcheopis posted:

It has a little velcro pouch on the back for adding catnip. We didn't realize that there was already some included and Luci went absolutely bonkers apeshit when she first caught it. She has some incredible hops already!

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

skaboomizzy posted:

I don't have a picture yet from today but he's pretty much exactly the same in every observable way. I suspect he's sleeping in one of the bedrooms and the last time I went in there to verify that I woke him up and he yelled at me so you'll just have to take my word for it.

oscar has always been thicc and orange

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

happy get day, Oscar :unsmith:

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
a fresh Oscar picture from today now that he has decided it's time for Fort Warms

skaboomizzy fucked around with this message at 17:12 on Jul 8, 2021

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.
congratulations on another year's hard work in being good and orange, Oscar

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

How often when cats are lying like this on wood floors do you just... spin them around.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

MikeJF posted:

How often when cats are lying like this on wood floors do you just... spin them around.

when they were young, often

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

i still spin bun around

i also don’t give her any steak

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

MikeJF posted:

With Rokit? None.

Underwater Shoe
May 26, 2005

an informative notation for your appreciation
please please give me your cat training tips

Beauden has been with us for a couple of months now and is just not learning some things - like staying off kitchen surfaces, not climbing on the hob, and not waiting for us to dish out his food

some of them could be genuinely dangerous. we’ve been pretty consistent at just putting him on the floor/saying no/hissing noise but it’s not making a dent. he bit me yesterday because he bum rushed his food bowl and didn’t wait for me to take my hand out.

I don’t want to resort to spray bottles, but positive reinforcement isn’t an option because he’s never NOT on or in the process of climbing on surfaces when I’m cooking or dishing up cat food

help

Ofecks
May 4, 2009

A portly feline wizard waddles forth, muttering something about conjured food.

MikeJF posted:

My former partner would do this to her cat while doot-doot-dooting the tune of Sabre Dance

Ofecks fucked around with this message at 18:53 on Jul 8, 2021

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Underwater Shoe posted:

I don’t want to resort to spray bottles, but positive reinforcement isn’t an option because he’s never NOT on or in the process of climbing on surfaces when I’m cooking or dishing up cat food

help

Aluminum foil on the counter is typically great at preventing unwanted visitors.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

Temptation.jpg

all this talk of cats on counters got me searching for this one from almost 9 years ago.

Raymond T. Racing
Jun 11, 2019

Underwater Shoe posted:

please please give me your cat training tips

Beauden has been with us for a couple of months now and is just not learning some things - like staying off kitchen surfaces, not climbing on the hob, and not waiting for us to dish out his food

some of them could be genuinely dangerous. we’ve been pretty consistent at just putting him on the floor/saying no/hissing noise but it’s not making a dent. he bit me yesterday because he bum rushed his food bowl and didn’t wait for me to take my hand out.

help

I decided a long time ago with my kitty that spray bottle was pretty much only for “climbing something you’re not supposed to be climbing” or “something permanently destructive”, only used it while the behavior was immediately happening, and tried to keep them from seeing me be the one spray then and it worked fantastically

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

ssscat sprayers are great but expensive

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_cphGWOPi0k

lol this guy shows how to refill the cans

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wIYB3Dtgn50

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

floofwings

felgs
Dec 31, 2008

Cats cure all ills. Post more of them.

skaboomizzy posted:

Happy gotcha day Oscar!!

MikeJF posted:

Lucky: Every time, he likes it

Toaster: never, he will run away; I do fuss his belly though

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
Louie walk update: eating grass again

Golden-i
Sep 18, 2006

One big, stumpy family

Golden-i posted:

Refurb's not so quick to warm up... lots of angry stares and hissing if the puppy comes her direction.

They've had at least one meal together, at least.

A year later, they're... tolerating one another. It's better than I expected.

fishbacon
Nov 4, 2009
wonderful yet strange smell

Golden-i posted:

A year later, they're... tolerating one another. It's better than I expected.

what happened to the tiny puppy and why is that dog so big?

Golden-i
Sep 18, 2006

One big, stumpy family

fishbacon posted:

what happened to the tiny puppy and why is that dog so big?

I don't know, we just kept putting dog food in it

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

holy poo poo that’s a big cat

or furb is just tiny cat

Golden-i
Sep 18, 2006

One big, stumpy family

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

holy poo poo that’s a big cat

or furb is just tiny cat

furb is currently 5.4lbs, so small cat.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.
To be fair she's also a few ounces short

Golden-i
Sep 18, 2006

One big, stumpy family
she hated her prescription food so i think she just ate enough to stay alive, and it made her poo poo her rear end off constantly anyways

we moved her to some food last week that's high-calorie/fat and she's ravenous for it. gonna start adding a supplement to it that should help even more. she's got more energy and sass than she's had for a while, and we're hoping that the bladder issues that put her on the old diet in the first place are better. FWIW, the vet sees no issues with her other than she's too small.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

i like cat pictures

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

Captain Foo posted:

i like cat pictures

I hope videos are ok too. 🔉

https://i.imgur.com/yhIuRK4.mp4

Milly's labs came back and she has hyper-thyroidism. At least she's a teddy bear and easy to pill...twice a day forever. She just turned 8 and we caught it super early so things looking pretty positive.

Boogalo fucked around with this message at 01:04 on Jul 10, 2021

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Boogalo posted:

I hope videos are ok too. 🔉

https://i.imgur.com/yhIuRK4.mp4

Milly's labs came back and she has hyper-thyroidism. At least she's a teddy bear and easy to pill...twice a day forever. She just turned 8 and we caught it super early so things looking pretty positive.

videos are very ok yes thank u also be well milly

Golden-i
Sep 18, 2006

One big, stumpy family

Captain Foo posted:

i like cat pictures

i hope this one is big enough

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Golden-i posted:

:popeye:

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Golden-i posted:

I’ve had furb on my desktop for five years or so and this one might be the replacement ty

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Captain Foo posted:

i like cat pictures

have some cats