Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

the local electricity company sent me some of the glass double walled espresso cups. thanks Mr local electricity company public relations dude

unsurprisingly I am drinking some espresso + it's staying nice and hot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mystes
May 31, 2006

I love glass double walled cups except that they're very easy to break.

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

they're great 'cause you get to see how you hosed up the layering on cappuccinos and such

Anne Frank Funk
Nov 4, 2008

the rims are a bit too wide on them but I never had one break despite dropping them a few times

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
freddo espresso

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

One way, dead end... Street signs are such fitting metaphors for the human condition.

very tired this morning. concerned about being hypnotically lulled to sleep by the grinder.

but imma do it anyway

shoeberto
Jun 13, 2020

which way to the MACHINES?
Some rear end in a top hat neighbor was setting off fireworks at 4:30am this morning so I'm gonna need some more coffee.

shoeberto
Jun 13, 2020

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qP97PPTufJA
It's this video but my salt counts are elevated so I need to balance it out with coffee.

mod saas
May 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer

thanks for your thoughts!

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
Is coffee with ice cream "a thing" (like is it called something Italian and fancy)?

Because it's real good. You can also make milkshakes with coffee.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Schadenboner posted:

Is coffee with ice cream "a thing" (like is it called something Italian and fancy)?

they sell that stuff at starbucks and mcdonald's now. it's very popular

office-return update: coffee from the machine here tastes different from instant coffee :science:

lord funk
Feb 16, 2004

yeah it's an affogato

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Schadenboner posted:

i used to know what this was called but i forgotto

shoeberto
Jun 13, 2020

Schadenboner posted:

There's coffee-flavored ice cream? And yeah I guess all those coffee-shake hybrids that Starbucks etc do.
Frappe is maybe a term? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frapp%C3%A9_coffee

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

lord funk posted:

yeah it's an affogato

i googled that word, and it turns out you weren't just messing with us :D

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
I always get real :ohdear: with prepackaged milksshake. You can’t know if it’s real whole milk and a good vanilla frozen custard unless you make it yourself or you literally watch the guy do so behind the counter.

And coffee ice cream is e.deece but doesn’t really taste like coffee.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
Also how do I get espresso cups from my power company? All those fuckers ever send me is disconnect threats.

:(

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
going back to the office today. coffee, give me strength

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

Schadenboner posted:

I always get real :ohdear: with prepackaged milksshake. You can’t know if it’s real whole milk and a good vanilla frozen custard unless you make it yourself or you literally watch the guy do so behind the counter.

And coffee ice cream is e.deece but doesn’t really taste like coffee.

I am making ice cream rite now while on this Teams call (it is a lot more multi tasky than I bargained for)

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

One way, dead end... Street signs are such fitting metaphors for the human condition.

maybe it's because i had a swig of a smoothie beforehand, maybe it's because roasted beans and toasted malt aren't too dissimilar, maybe it's maybeline ... but my coffee this morning tastes uncannily like guinness.

there's no head, so i know i didn't accidentally do a switcharoo...

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through
coffee thread on the second page, shameful

havin some cremmmmmma

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
feel like death rn, but I know coffee tomorrow will make everything right as rain

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

pot of drip filter this am

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

Managed to get an espresso out of the last of the beans. It's now unavoidable that I'll have to leave the bunker and go to the shop.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

super digging this roast

mr Scoop
Feb 13, 2006

Help! Someone! Cut my head off, it's trying to murder the rest of me!

Grimey Drawer
my kettle stopped working so i guess i'm aeropressing some cold brew

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

mr Scoop posted:

my kettle stopped working so i guess i'm aeropressing some cold brew

Aeropress the ground beans up your rear end in a top hat.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
With the bosses starting to come out of their hidey holes and back into the office the k-cup machine has returned. :iiam:

Brothers and sisters our long national nightmare of Monster drinking is, at last, over.

I once again have access to sub-par coffee delivered in an ecologically destructive single-serving preparation container.

:woop::coffee:

E: This would be another situation where smilies being reversible would be useful because Mr. Woop could be double-fisting :coffee:, maybe something like :coffee-r: (for a right-facing handle) and :coffee-l: (for left-facing)? Goddamnit, Radium! :mad:

Schadenboner fucked around with this message at 12:50 on Jul 9, 2021

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

nature is healing

when i eventually get around to looking for a new job i'm gonna have to be sure to get as much wfh as i can get so i can get decent fuckin' coffee

Glorgnole
Oct 23, 2012

Schadenboner posted:

E: This would be another situation where smilies being reversible would be useful because Mr. Woop could be double-fisting :coffee:, maybe something like :coffee-r: (for a right-facing handle) and :coffee-l: (for left-facing)? Goddamnit, Radium! :mad:

there's a feature request forum now if you wanna surface this with the site devs

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
I had cold brew this morning and I think I’m going to stop buying keurig pods cause they suck rear end, actually

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Schadenboner posted:

in germany if you order an iced coffee they will bring you coffee with some scoops of ice cream

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Silver Alicorn posted:

I had cold brew this morning and I think I’m going to stop buying keurig pods cause they suck rear end, actually

you should

cold brew is great and so easy to do at home, and even lovely coffee can make ok cold brew

plus if you want a hot coffee in the morning you can just heat it up or add some real hot water if you make a concentrated version

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
coffee

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Glorgnole posted:

there's a feature request forum now if you wanna surface this with the site devs

While it's worthless (that is it is without value) developer time is nevertheless still costed. The solution will be "Just buy :coffee-r:" and from a business perspective this is correct.

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮

can’t get enough of it

mystes
May 31, 2006

Schadenboner posted:

While it's worthless (that is it is without value) developer time is nevertheless still costed. The solution will be "Just buy :coffee-r:" and from a business perspective this is correct.
They should let you buy any combination of modifiers like :coffee-pink-200%: for an existing smiley for only $5.

Or go the Discord route where you need to buy an Awful Nitro subscription.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
nitro brewed smilies

fisting by many
Dec 25, 2009

bump_fn posted:

in germany if you order an iced coffee they will bring you coffee with some scoops of ice cream

i went to one cafe that had a "german coffee" and i didn't know what it was so they explained it was coffee with ice cream in it so I ordered it

it had an entire *chocolate dipped cone* plopped on top

it was good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

I made vanilla ice cream last night specifically so I could have an affogato this morning. It's a beautiful day and I enjoyed my ice-creamy coffee sitting in the sun.

fun fact, affogato means "drowned" in Italian :smith: