Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Tbh I think if you're going against og and they stop being annoying you know you've got them tilted, it has to be such a great feeling

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quincy Smallvoice
Mar 18, 2006

Bitches leave
aui getting real

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
They should be spamming the ceb offended spray on OG

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

lol

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
You hate to see it but this is what you get for picking magina

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I thought Tundra was gonna win another high ground defense after blowing up SumaiL under bkb lol

Victory Lap
Feb 25, 2001
lol it really felt like Tundra was gonna pull it off again there.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Yeah Antimage sucks too bad to win but drat Tundra didnt make it easy

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Centzon Totochtin posted:

You hate to see it but this is what you get for picking magina

You know who would have won that game? Weaver

Mortimer Knag
Nov 23, 2007
Hate the players on OG but they always have really fun games, but Tundra are really fun to watch too. Hope they stick together even if they don't qualify.

E: To clarify, I don't hate the players on OG, you guys do. then again I also love mason and PPD just because theyre assholes so my opinion is poo poo

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

og owns. good players. good people.

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

im rooting for sumail but i hate og life is complicated

i havent watched a true sight in 4 years because i hate og so much

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Sumail and og have won already. let's go Jingjun wu.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Topson is good and pure

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

baby delivery truck posted:

Hate the players on OG but they always have really fun games, but Tundra are really fun to watch too. Hope they stick together even if they don't qualify.

the combination of actually fun dota play and the endless toxicity in this thread towards anything that isn't an NA team makes it tough not to end up supporting OG- especially as the only real issue from what I can tell is Ceb occasionally being toxic himself. I still struggle to understand why you guys get angry about voice lines and sprays

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Because it's annoying and if you're trying so hard to tilt the other team you really bring it on yourself

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

n0tail hides it better than ceb but lets be real here, he is a piece of poo poo

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

I would really prefer if you would be quiet.

RisqueBarber posted:

lol imagine missing out on the best two true sights because you hate a team

This guy has no chill man

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

sorry but that whole team is toxic as poo poo except saksa and jerax

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

When has topson ever been toxic

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

love the voice line spam and sprays, so funny to see.

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

I would really prefer if you would be quiet.
Yeah Michael Jordan was toxic too but I still have a Lotta respect for how much he owned other people at his game

Thom and the Heads
Oct 27, 2010

Farscape is actually pretty cool.

NtotheTC posted:

the endless toxicity in this thread towards anything that isn't an NA team

As an EG poster... lol at this statement

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe

NtotheTC posted:

the combination of actually fun dota play and the endless toxicity in this thread towards anything that isn't an NA team makes it tough not to end up supporting OG

As a fan of real sports who has seen this a million times before, let me explain how this works. The thread is not biased towards NA DOTA. You feel emotional attachment to a team, so negative poo poo directed at that team feels bigger and more toxic to you, whereas negative poo poo directed at other teams barely registers. That’s it.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Grapplejack posted:

Because it's annoying and if you're trying so hard to tilt the other team you really bring it on yourself

still seems like a weird take to me, voice lines and tips are harmless fun thrown between players. The "?" incident was generally positively received here and I don't see the difference.

Pamela Springstein posted:

n0tail hides it better than ceb but lets be real here, he is a piece of poo poo

I don't know enough to comment I guess, in the HON days I never saw anything particularly egreigious from him but I've not followed the dota scene closely. I mean if you're going down that route, i know from firsthand experience that sn3yking was a fountain of toxicity back in the day, do people hate him too?

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Kild posted:

sorry but that whole team is toxic as poo poo except saksa and jerax

literally yes lol

NtotheTC posted:

the combination of actually fun dota play and the endless toxicity in this thread towards anything that isn't an NA team makes it tough not to end up supporting OG- especially as the only real issue from what I can tell is Ceb occasionally being toxic himself. I still struggle to understand why you guys get angry about voice lines and sprays

og fans be like

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

please dont' get emotional

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

rjmccall posted:

As a fan of real sports who has seen this a million times before, let me explain how this works. The thread is not biased towards NA DOTA. You feel emotional attachment to a team, so negative poo poo directed at that team feels bigger and more toxic to you, whereas negative poo poo directed at other teams barely registers. That’s it.

I don't support any teams outside of having a preferred winner in whatever game I'm currently waching (usually the underdog). I said that because a couple of weeks ago during the major this thread was full of pages of unironic "lol EU / CIS / CHINA DOTA" "NA DOTA BEST DOTA" cheerleading and it was extremely offputting/twitch chatty

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

I also don't get the OG hate, but I also don't read Twitter posts.

They're an amazingly fun team to watch and seem like they have a lot of fun playing DOTA

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

NtotheTC posted:

I don't support any teams outside of having a preferred winner in whatever game I'm currently waching (usually the underdog). I said that because a couple of weeks ago during the major this thread was full of pages of unironic "lol EU / CIS / CHINA DOTA" "NA DOTA BEST DOTA" cheerleading and it was extremely offputting/twitch chatty

european spotted

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

RisqueBarber posted:

yikes

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

RisqueBarber posted:

you should watch them

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
The 2 red button profusely sweating meme but instead of deleting aeon disk or flicker its rooting for naga or terrorblade

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Ceb is also french so there's already a pretty high baseline for being terrible

Mortimer Knag
Nov 23, 2007
core wyvern? hell yes

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

skip the Og/Liquid True sight but watch the vid where they get the two teams together to watch the True sight

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Hell yeah core wyvern again

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

should not be letting Ceb have 4tb pick Timbersaw

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

The REAL Goobusters posted:

european spotted

glad you were able to spot yourself in my comment, and no I'm from the UK which has literally zero good dota teams or players so you're welcome to say "lol UK dota" if you like and I'd have no comeback. your post is designed to wind me up similar to a chatwheel spam, and we're not even playing a game so again I'm wondring why you get so angry about it

NtotheTC fucked around with this message at 19:14 on Jul 10, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I am an OG fan and this thread is fine.

OG deserves all the ribbing they get after Ceb's (and notail's) dumb meltdowns