Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Yeah I'm just saying be careful when going through offline friends or clearing out your friends list because you can stumble upon that poo poo out of nowhere. Gave me a full blown existential crisis realizing I'd been talking to this dude regularly for over half a decade and then never knew what had happened or even his real name until I contacted one of the folks who had posted RIP on his profile that knew him irl.

Thanks for the condolences. I miss my friend, he was an amazingly cool dude. Markgreyam was his SA username.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

verbal enema posted:

wanna get bummed out? go to ur offline steam friends see whos been offline the longest and struggle to remember what game u last played together loving 10 years ago

nah, I had a good laugh instead

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Zetsubou-san posted:

it feels like only yesterday

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
matoi had a funny melty because because the site admins made a terrible loving promotion call and gave a misguided sense of importance to a byob dude whose emotional baggage was being channeled into a dead comedy forum and since they dont care we all had to wait for his posting and modding to get even weirder until he hit a breaking point, frankly it's sad outside the one copypasta

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the copypasta is very funny, however.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i still dont know why the admins even made them mod at all

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Eh gotta mod someone

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

The Colonel posted:

i still dont know why the admins even made them mod at all
They offered me the position before them. I could be your mod right now. :)

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Captain Invictus posted:

dear god

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

it was probably a bad idea to promote someone to moderator while they were struggling with their housing situation

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Someone give stair the disintegrating Liz av back.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

verbal enema posted:

wanna get bummed out? go to ur offline steam friends see whos been offline the longest and struggle to remember what game u last played together loving 10 years ago

It's always Call of Duty

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Captain Invictus posted:

At least we avoided the worst-case scenario

Red Minjo
Oct 20, 2010

Out of the houses, which is the most blue?

The answer might not be be obvious at first.

Gravy Boat 2k
The only person on my Steam friends list that's been offline for like 4 years is still alive, I just think they only really played L4D2 on Steam and haven't had a reason to play it.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

verbal enema posted:

I have a bunch of goons I've never talked to because I don't want to bother people that I have never played a game with.

There's also some people like the dev of Lisa who only log in once a year and as someone who never logs off kts just so weird to me.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

tfw you watch yawara for 118 episodes and slowly realize that the story of yawara's dad abandoning her has moved from a background element to now actually being the driving force behind the whole show as her dad has been in the shadows for the past 20 years secretly pulling the strings to create the perfect judoka, like a metal gear solid villain

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

les yawara terrible

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Droyer posted:

At least we avoided the worst-case scenario
well that's not very nice!

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

homeless snail posted:

tfw you watch yawara for 118 episodes and slowly realize that the story of yawara's dad abandoning her has moved from a background element to now actually being the driving force behind the whole show as her dad has been in the shadows for the past 20 years secretly pulling the strings to create the perfect judoka, like a metal gear solid villain

lol

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

let the poor girl go to a liberal arts college or whatever it was she wanted

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
What if dad had gotten a second baby

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

yawara no pedal

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

im so pissed off dude, the last episode we watched yawara finally decided she wanted to earnestly do judo. and then the camera zooms out and her dad is just hiding behind a tree 10 feet away from her going like hmm yes, just as i planned
https://files.catbox.moe/klqka3.mp4

why does yawara have to suffer...

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

please... just say hello to your daughter, thats all she wants

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

homeless snail posted:

im so pissed off dude, the last episode we watched yawara finally decided she wanted to earnestly do judo. and then the camera zooms out and her dad is just hiding behind a tree 10 feet away from her going like hmm yes, just as i planned

cannot watch the mp4 rn but lmfao

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

I will never say hello

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

good thing you'll never have a daughter

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Stair needs this avatar...POSTHASTE.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

homeless snail posted:

Lmfao

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

It's hosed up that that exact scene happens in every urasawa manga

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

If ibram loved me he'd buy me it

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

GorfZaplen posted:

It's hosed up that that exact scene happens in every urasawa manga
I didn't finish reading the manga because I didn't want to get ahead of the stream, but it definitely feels like embryonic urasawa. only instead of pretending to be tezuka this time he's channeling takamori asaki and making a low stakes sports comedy, while still also writing about a deeply paranoid world where everyone's conspiring against the main character. and I'm just sitting here wishing he played it straight and made the judo version of ashita no joe instead, instead of a manga about what if joe didn't want to box

also I was reading the manga to figure out if the comedy episodes where everyone is either gaslighting yawara into liking judo or having some kind of three's company level misunderstanding were urasawa or anime original, and they're all urasawa baby. then I read an interview he gave where he talked about how much he was inspired by american sitcoms

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

yawara has some good rear end ops too. honestly i blame srice
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJpUHgpmd0g
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7H9Zs7yjkk

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

Zetsubou-san posted:

Gawd drat.

We’re old.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

Gawd drat.

We’re old.

made my steam account when I got half life 2 for christmas.

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

homeless snail posted:

have you read happy! ?

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

homeless snail posted:

lmao

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

Captain Invictus posted:

made my steam account when I got half life 2 for christmas.

i went to check my account while thinking to myself "surely it can't have been that long" and lol, my steam reg date is 4 days after yours

old as gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Ringo Roadagain posted:

have you read happy! ?
not yet but what i've heard about it, at least happy has a bare minimum of stakes