Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
i was downloading DQ Builders 2 to my switch the other day and realized i had access to Nintendo's online SNES collection thing. i opened it up and instead of actually downloading DQ, i ended up playing the greatest golf game ever for hours

this game was so good. and my brother, being 5 years older than me, loving stomped my rear end in a top hat out at it for several years as a kid.

Imps, did you play this excellent game? nobody I know even remembers it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

You're absolutely correct OP.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
It's one of my favorite games ever

It was actually originally released as a non Kirby game for the satellaview, so if you're bored one day and want to try a different version of it, give Special Tee Shot a whirl

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGSaCq4W_iE

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

It's good, OP.

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
When you realize you can knock your friends’ Kirby out of the hole so they lose points…ohohoho

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Chumbawumba4ever97 posted:

It was actually originally released as a non Kirby game for the satellaview, so if you're bored one day and want to try a different version of it, give Special Tee Shot a whirl

Woah

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

those are some full-gear Super Nintendo sounds

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Also you might be interested in the Japanese version of the game

https://tcrf.net/Kirby%27s_Dream_Course#Regional_Differences

It's the only instance I can think of on the snes where they cut stuff out of the English release to fit a game onto a slightly smaller cartridge to save money.

They cut out some pretty cool stuff. Not earth shattering but pretty cool stuff if you're a big fan of the game and already beat it a bunch of times

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Also you might be interested in the Japanese version of the game

https://tcrf.net/Kirby%27s_Dream_Course#Regional_Differences

It's the only instance I can think of on the snes where they cut stuff out of the English release to fit a game onto a slightly smaller cartridge to save money.

They cut out some pretty cool stuff. Not earth shattering but pretty cool stuff if you're a big fan of the game and already beat it a bunch of times

drat, thanks for sharing. That Japanese title screen is way cooler :argh:

Nutmeg
Feb 8, 2004
kirbys dream course owns

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I hesitate to call it a golf game OP but it's a very good golf-like. Perhaps even great.

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

It's a puzzle game first and a golf game second. But yes, it's incredible. The music is really good too.

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

one of the best snes games ever

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
you can put English on the kirb in this game and, to me, that is some win

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
its a good game

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

ive posted it before but this super clean perfect TAS of every course is very cathartic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndzE-AB5-UE

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

extremebuff posted:

ive posted it before but this super clean perfect TAS of every course is very cathartic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndzE-AB5-UE

Bob's line rider moment

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
lmfao

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Bob's line rider moment

Testikles
Feb 22, 2009
I was the only kid who had this game in school and it felt weird having an awesome game nobody knew about it

copy
Jul 26, 2007

man kirby dream course so good it's got its own doki-doki panic origin story drat. game is v nice too

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Testikles posted:

I was the only kid who had this game in school and it felt weird having an awesome game nobody knew about it

same but uniracers

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
all kirby games are good :)

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Testikles posted:

that was the quintet games for me. nobody i knew played them until i found the internet.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
its ftw. i used to play it with a friend as a little kid and i always won so he started accusing me of cheating with a secret magnet button that sucked kirby into the hole and it pissed me off so much we never played again

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

absolutely anything posted:

its ftw. i used to play it with a friend as a little kid and i always won so he started accusing me of cheating with a secret magnet button that sucked kirby into the hole and it pissed me off so much we never played again

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
They should make a sequel but do pokemon branding this time

je1 healthcare
Sep 29, 2015
When I got it as a kid I was kind of pissed that it turned out to be a golf game because I didn't like golf. But I still played it a ton because I got 1 new game every couple of months so it had to last. It was still pretty fun.

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

I remember the UFO power being really good but also nerve-wracking because I would forget what button stops it half the time.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Im at my friends house for the first time since quarantine started and were playing two player. He keeps stealing my stars :blastu:

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Rented this game twice off Blockbusters back in the day
Time to get rolling again

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

NienNunb posted:

Im at my friends house for the first time since quarantine started and were playing two player. He keeps stealing my stars :blastu:
Two-player is insanely fun in this

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
the mechanic where you blow yourself a little bit as the jump ends for a bigger jump has stuck with me forever. Golf With Your Friends implemented jumping at about the same timing and thank God

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Meloncholric posted:

all kirby games are good :)

i honestly don't remember playing a bad kirby game ever. even the "weaker" ones like mass attack are still fine on their own

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

Aardvark! posted:

the mechanic where you blow yourself

lol

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Kirby’s Dream Course was actually pretty good RAM wise

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Plutonis posted:

i honestly don't remember playing a bad kirby game ever. even the "weaker" ones like mass attack are still fine on their own

I still think about how awesome the Kirby Air Ride mode was where you’re in an open city that’s littered with power ups and secrets like a THPS level

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mkvltra
Nov 1, 2020

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

I still think about how awesome the Kirby Air Ride mode was where you’re in an open city that’s littered with power ups and secrets like a THPS level

Game is equal parts epic and win.