Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rodney The Yam II
Mar 3, 2007

No they're back

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

Enos Cabell posted:

Are the Kirkland brand AA/AAA batteries good?

In my experience over ten years they aren’t worth it. They corrode something fierce often ruining the device they’re in.

E: way more than energizer or Amazon basics

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum
Yeah I saw some people getting samples on Thursday when I went in San Jose.

Mecca-Benghazi
Mar 31, 2012

The new churros have finally reached a Costco near me :unsmith: A bit bigger and more cinnamon-y

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Mecca-Benghazi posted:

The new churros have finally reached a Costco near me :unsmith: A bit bigger and more cinnamon-y

They're the fuckin poo poo

A slice and a churro put me in a combination food-sugar coma

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

I haven't seen them return in the Seattle area yet, but the lines are also so long I rarely stop for a dog these days anyway.

morethanjake32
Apr 5, 2009
Tables at the food court are back at our local church in Phoenix. Still no polish dog.

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

Tables back in Durham.

Poopelyse
Jan 22, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
a few free samples at costco today and condiment pumps outside too. no onions still :argh:

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord

binge crotching posted:

I haven't seen them return in the Seattle area yet, but the lines are also so long I rarely stop for a dog these days anyway.

Venture to Federal Way for churros.
I always get a dog or a slice, though. The chicken bake doesn't taste the same.

E: unless you're referring to samples. In that case, you can still travel to Federal Way! Everyone seems to just ignore them. The samples folks also don't seem motivated to call folks over.

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

I miss going to Seattle costco, the beer section was always really great when I would go 4+ years ago. The current costco I go to has really bad beer selection, like hardly anything.

Pinus Porcus
May 14, 2019

Ranger McFriendly
Walked in the customer service/food court door today (I have a toddler who always has to pee before shopping) and they asked for our card. The guy was cool, and as my husband fumbled with his wallet to get the card, he was like, "go ahead we just have to ask now, but you obviously have one," but it still surprised me.

Apparently no more dogs for those that don't pay the annual tithe.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
Just tell them you are getting prescriptions and no problem.

Pinus Porcus
May 14, 2019

Ranger McFriendly
??? The pharmacy is in the main part of the store there...do they really not care?

I mean, I'm a member, so it really doesn't matter, just surprised me since we've never pulled the card to go in the 'out' door before.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
The pharmacy is open to all. You do not need to be a member to use it.

So, if you just say you are there to go to the pharmacy, you can move throughout the store, including visiting the cafe or, if you are particularly inclined, visiting all the free sample stations.

Edit: Just in case: https://customerservice.costco.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/796/~/do-i-need-a-membership-to-purchase-prescription-drugs%3F

yes, it's the greatest loophole in retail consumerism since asking for a water cup and getting soda instead.

ShowTime fucked around with this message at 02:56 on Jul 12, 2021

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

Went to Costco today (pbuc) and about half the customers were wearing masks, and in a state with a high vaccination rate!!

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERFUCKER!

The Slack Lagoon posted:

Went to Costco today (pbuc) and about half the customers were wearing masks, and in a state with a high vaccination rate!!
Is the chopped onion dispenser up at your Costco yet?

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

why do the Kirkland Steak Strips say they have to be refrigerated?

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I'd imagine they can mold. I've seen that label before but I never refrigerated them. :shrug:

They probably have less preservatives than things like Jack Links.

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

BeAuMaN posted:

Is the chopped onion dispenser up at your Costco yet?

I forgot to check

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011

FogHelmut posted:

why do the Kirkland Steak Strips say they have to be refrigerated?

Because they can go rancid and spoil if you forget them in your car for half a day in mid-May and think you're safe to eat them because it's probably fine, there is more salt in them than the ocean. It will taste bad, you will get sick, and you will regret everything the whole time.

AKZ
Nov 5, 2009

They turn green with mold. I ate one by accident after ignoring the refrigerate part of the instructions.

E: accident is a bit generous. I briefly looked at it, saw something was wrong, and in my near-infinite stupidity was already throwing it in my mouth and chewing.

My wife yelled at me like you would yell at a labrador "SPITTHATOUT!"

AKZ fucked around with this message at 00:12 on Jul 13, 2021

WescottF1
Oct 21, 2000
Forums Veteran
While I was out of town for a Steel Panther concert Saturday, my wife and mother-in-law went and bought me a chest freezer as a birthday surprise. I rarely go into the basement so I didn't even know until I was catching up on weekend email and some paperwork about it was emailed to me (that wasn't supposed to). Birthday isn't until tomorrow and I'm off the rest of the week so she was gonna send me down to "run the dryer" so I'd see it, but that part of the surprise got spoiled.

Regardless, I am very excited to stock it up like a proper church member would!

BadSamaritan
May 2, 2008

crumb by crumb in this big black forest

My parents are downsizing and are giving me their chest freezer and I think I’m more excited about that than any other thing I’ve gotten from them in the past few years. Looking forward to new, expanded Costco runs.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Now you can buy the whole pigs and lambs in the freezer aisles.

Spazzle
Jul 5, 2003

Enos Cabell posted:

Now you can buy the whole pigs and lambs in the freezer aisles.

This is some costco business center energy

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

The Slack Lagoon posted:

I forgot to check
If there's no chopped onion dispenser then the plague isn't over yet and the half wearing masks are rightly cautious. :parrot:

They should just replace COVID stats with "% of Costcos with working chopped onion dispensers" to know how the plague is going.

Irradiation
Sep 14, 2005

I understand your frustration.
When I went yesterday there was no onion dispenser, and the condiment dispenser only had ketchup and yellow mustard but no relish.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

AKZ posted:

They turn green with mold. I ate one by accident after ignoring the refrigerate part of the instructions.

E: accident is a bit generous. I briefly looked at it, saw something was wrong, and in my near-infinite stupidity was already throwing it in my mouth and chewing.

My wife yelled at me like you would yell at a labrador "SPITTHATOUT!"

Lmao

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
WHERES THE loving ONIONS AND RELISH COSTCO?????

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9twTtXkQNA

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Chinatown posted:

its loving BULLSHIT. raise the loving price to $2 if you need to. wheres my FUCKIN ONIONS AND RELISH COSTCO??!?!?

Um anyone who raises the price WILL be murdered by an irate founder

durrneez
Feb 20, 2013

I like fish. I like to eat fish. I like to brush fish with a fish hairbrush. Do you like fish too?
Onion dispenser chat reminded me of a Costco date I had with my husband many years ago. I was seated in the food court, waiting for my husband, and scarfing a combo slice. He excitedly sat down and said, “I just saw a guy cover his slice of pizza with onions.” I stood up and, with a mouth full of pizza, said, “A WAN DAT” and scurried over to put onions on my pizza.

:(

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
Went to Costco today.

Wife and I stopped by after a brunch date so not hot dog but I saw our tables returned and the condiment dispenser was back. Couldn't see if the onion dispenser was there but, still

Nature is healing

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

durrneez posted:

Onion dispenser chat reminded me of a Costco date I had with my husband many years ago. I was seated in the food court, waiting for my husband, and scarfing a combo slice. He excitedly sat down and said, “I just saw a guy cover his slice of pizza with onions.” I stood up and, with a mouth full of pizza, said, “A WAN DAT” and scurried over to put onions on my pizza.

:(
This is how I make Combination Pizza at 7-Eleven. Get the All Meat, then spoon on onions from the condiment cart.

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!

ShowTime posted:

The pharmacy is open to all. You do not need to be a member to use it.

So, if you just say you are there to go to the pharmacy, you can move throughout the store, including visiting the cafe or, if you are particularly inclined, visiting all the free sample stations.

Edit: Just in case: https://customerservice.costco.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/796/~/do-i-need-a-membership-to-purchase-prescription-drugs%3F

yes, it's the greatest loophole in retail consumerism since asking for a water cup and getting soda instead.

I often said "visiting the pharmacy" ( when actually going to it) to avoid looking for the card, one time that we were waiting and were roaming around the store some security guy asked us to show a card or leave, or wait right by the pharmacy.
He was rude as hell too, so I don't recommend doing that if you don't want a security guy full on Testosterone finding "something to do".

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Inflation! Anyway here's the cheapest dress shirt on earth.

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica
Anyone ever try just walking past the receipt checker person? I'd be interested in hearing how it worked out.

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

I don’t understand two things about Costco:

1) why do they check ID at the door and the checkout? I guess to eliminate people coming in without a membership and trying to buy something/holding up the line when being told they have to buy a membership?

2) why do they check my receipt? Do that many people try and steal stuff after the checkout?

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica

nwin posted:

I don’t understand two things about Costco:

1) why do they check ID at the door and the checkout? I guess to eliminate people coming in without a membership and trying to buy something/holding up the line when being told they have to buy a membership?

2) why do they check my receipt? Do that many people try and steal stuff after the checkout?

Asking this will just prompt people to repeat Costco's company line "we are helping you not forget merch or you being double charged"

Jokerpilled Drudge fucked around with this message at 17:39 on Jul 13, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
Given how much each item costs, that's reasonable.