Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wilkins Micawber
Jan 27, 2005

as we leave this existence
looking for another
Fallen Rib
poo poo is that what it does? Gf said it made it easier for the BTs to see you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

wait the what now?

(e) both this stealth charm and better bt method

Ciaphas fucked around with this message at 21:59 on Jul 10, 2021

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Talking about when you can just MGS-stealth kill them individually by cutting their cords.

As for the Bell... it might've been in my head? None of the wikis seem to have concrete info besides the vague descriptions from in-game. Gamefaqs/Reddit claim it does anything from what I thought, slightly lowered my detection radius, to someone who said it made MORE BTs appear in BT zones, and lastly, and the one I'm leaning towards now just since I could theoretically test it (but will probably forget): That it makes all BTs appear as little pings on your map automatically whenever Sam enters a BT zone. I think your scan only adds some to your map briefly, whereas the charm adds em all instantly?

Wilkins Micawber
Jan 27, 2005

as we leave this existence
looking for another
Fallen Rib
Then again, charm or not, I am the queen of removing Beach balls like slice Like a beloved cat you stop petting for 5 seconds and then -clip- she's chewed through your earphones. I'm the Bride with a katana & the mohel of your own demise. 💀☁️

meanwhile she's over here using safety scissors. Shameful.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Bride and Mohel confirmed new preppers in director's cut

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

oh yeah i forgot the cord cutter was a thing. i'm not much for stealth in most video games, i try way too hard to stay hidden followed by being way too blase about going loud :v:

night slime
May 14, 2014
I'm pretty sure this is right, seemed like it just attracted them and made them more likely to show up in zones (seemed like this one area off the highway with a bunch of rocks had them there when it usually didn't, I forget which prepper it was nearby)

CJacobs posted:

Some enterprising players have finally figured out what the Bell accessory does. The description claims to have some effect on BTs but doesn't specify what the effect is or even if it's positive or negative. It turns out it apparently causes there to be several times as many BTs floating around in every BT zone as long as you're wearing it. So if you stuck it on your backpack hoping it would make stealth easier or something, bad news, you accidentally enabled hard mode! I haven't confirmed this for myself yet but I'm currently wearing it and the tiny BT zone next to the Photographer had like 20 BTs there last time I wandered through, so it seems plausible.

CJacobs posted:

Yeah, I just tested it with the BT zone next to the photographer and it was like night and day. There are so many more of them.

Bell:

(4 normal BTs and a baby BT in front of one of them)

No bell:

(3 normal BTs)

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Just like Arnold.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Finally came back to the game and got that stupid Anti Matter bomb delivered to the paleontologist. It felt so immensely satisfying. It’s amazing to have that feeling from the “journey to the quest marker.”

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Pakistani politics posted:

Umm, also does anyone know wtf is with the stabilizer? You can't carry a drat extra thing, no friggin batteries, so there has to be a trade-off. I gotta be missing something 🤔

rabidsquid posted:

i know people tend to avoid the stabilizer because it takes up the ENTIRE back slot and doesn't appear to "do much" but the way it works on your balance significantly lowers stamina usage in any kind of non-flat terrain, plus i don't think the game communicates it well but the stabilizer sort of has a half a battery pack or so of extra energy too. i think it's one of the most overlooked items in the game. i also think maybe kojima did stuff like make the oxygen mask and stabilizer a lot better than they sound to reward players who try stuff out and pay attention

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

so i just got to heartman's lab "yeah, boyee" lmao i'm loving dead (edit) and so's that guy

Ciaphas fucked around with this message at 04:34 on Jul 12, 2021

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Khanstant posted:

Bride and Mohel confirmed new preppers in director's cut

They're in the same shelter, but only the Mohel speaks.

My issue with the cover is that I don't like how it looks. If you could choose a less ostentatious colour for it I would be more down to use it.

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress
So is Director's Cut making it to PC? Will it be a whole new purchase or is it an upgrade to my existing purchase? I was also JUST about to play through again on PC after my first run been PS4 on launch but I may hold out if DC will be coming through

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

HebrewMagic posted:

So is Director's Cut making it to PC? Will it be a whole new purchase or is it an upgrade to my existing purchase? I was also JUST about to play through again on PC after my first run been PS4 on launch but I may hold out if DC will be coming through

probably in a year or so, i imagine its timed exclusive.

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress
A full year would kill me considering I'd have to take an actual human life to get a ps5

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.
https://twitter.com/HIDEO_KOJIMA_EN/status/1414442896367915015

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Or, as it's known in the games industry, "DLC".

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

if he doesn't like to call it director's cut why doesn't he just call it something else

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

pmchem posted:

if he doesn't like to call it director's cut why doesn't he just call it something else

Because Sony marketing wants him to call it this to match their other stuff that's doing the same thing. This is the branding now.

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

Death Stranding: A Netflix Original

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Delector

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
Looks like we'll be getting a Kojima edited trailer
https://twitter.com/HIDEO_KOJIMA_EN/status/1414500821744590851?s=19

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Philippe posted:

They're in the same shelter, but only the Mohel speaks.

My issue with the cover is that I don't like how it looks. If you could choose a less ostentatious colour for it I would be more down to use it.

You don't make everything you can colour be shiny gold?

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Khanstant posted:

You don't make everything you can colour be shiny gold?

I know I'm tremendously boring, but no. Cap is Bridges Blue, Ludens mask is white, backpack is Coyote Brown. I like how the cover looks once it starts degrading, but having a solid chunk of gold on your back feels really weird to me.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

pmchem posted:

Go back to the MGS tradition of thematic titles for rereleases. Death Stranding: Subpostoffice

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

Vince MechMahon posted:

Because Sony marketing wants him to call it this to match their other stuff that's doing the same thing. This is the branding now.

It's a thing in film too. "Director's Cut" has become kind of a meaningless term, basically any movie that has a re-edit that adds in some deleted scenes gets re-branded as the "director's cut" regardless of how much the director actually had to do with it. Or how much the original was already the director's cut, in the case of something like Death Stranding.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

I'm aware that there's a sort-of-point-of-no-return sometime soon(ish?) after Episode 8 (Heartman). How far can I go here before getting locked into... whatever comes after?

In fact would anyone mind broadly spoiling what does come after? I'm sensing lots and lots of the Mads Combat Hour, lots of BT-killing, or both :(

Also: wow do packages & backpack covers get shredded fast in those mountains, jfc. I wanna bring a dozen PCC2s everywhere with me just so I can drop and destroy timefall shelters alongside ziplines :stare:

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

Ciaphas posted:

I'm aware that there's a sort-of-point-of-no-return sometime soon(ish?) after Episode 8 (Heartman). How far can I go here before getting locked into... whatever comes after?

In fact would anyone mind broadly spoiling what does come after? I'm sensing lots and lots of the Mads Combat Hour, lots of BT-killing, or both :(

Also: wow do packages & backpack covers get shredded fast in those mountains, jfc. I wanna bring a dozen PCC2s everywhere with me just so I can drop and destroy timefall shelters alongside ziplines :stare:

There isn't really a point-of-no-return - you will be locked into the endgame once you reach a certain point but after finishing it dumps you back into the sandbox so you can finish up any stuff you left hanging. There's no difference to any of the story stuff that happens in the ending based on how much you completed beforehand so there's no real rush to try to get everything done before it.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Oh, okay, that helps some. I thought it'd be save-reloading at worst, or more likely a rewind to just before... whatever... kicks off

It's still a multi-hour affair of not much delivery at all, I assume, but I guess I'll find out

(e) assuming I don't hulk smash my controller trying to get that incredibly fragile package delivered. haven't tried it yet but based on earlier experiences that's going to suck :cripes:

Valtonen
May 13, 2014

Tanks still suck but you don't gotta hand it to the Axis either.
There’s not that many Mads Combat hours in game tbh; and not spoiling at all I loved the plot twist about him at the very end. I did NOT see that coming, even though I propably should’ve

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

Ciaphas posted:

Oh, okay, that helps some. I thought it'd be save-reloading at worst, or more likely a rewind to just before... whatever... kicks off

It's still a multi-hour affair of not much delivery at all, I assume, but I guess I'll find out

(e) assuming I don't hulk smash my controller trying to get that incredibly fragile package delivered. haven't tried it yet but based on earlier experiences that's going to suck :cripes:

The end game begins when you cross the tar belt. After all the ending stuff and real not fake out credits, it drops you at a "two weeks earlier..." kinda deal to do any side missions or open world fuckery you missed.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

oh god there IS more Mads Mikkelsen Combat Tour :cripes: the return trip and the stuff preceding was fine, i didn't want this, i haven't seen a single credit roll even :cry:

i'm pleased i figured out crossing the belt pretty quick, at least. not that all the mails weren't a considerable hint

Ciaphas fucked around with this message at 02:46 on Jul 15, 2021

Nitevision
Oct 5, 2004

Your Friendly FYAD Helper
Ask Me For FYAD Help
Another Reason To Talk To Me Is To Hangout
I'm not finishing this game because of the forced encounters with some of the absolute stupidest and least fun boss fights of all time. It's like I'm eating a parfait and one layer is diarrhea.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

despite being forewarned I’m amazed how lame this “interactive” credit roll thing is

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib

Ciaphas posted:

despite being forewarned I’m amazed how lame this “interactive” credit roll thing is

I really loved playing the game but the unending endgame story dump left a really bad taste in my mouth which is a bummer

Valtonen
May 13, 2014

Tanks still suck but you don't gotta hand it to the Axis either.

Nitevision posted:

I'm not finishing this game because of the forced encounters with some of the absolute stupidest and least fun boss fights of all time. It's like I'm eating a parfait and one layer is diarrhea.

The (eventuall, actual) ending is Good though. Like Good Good.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

wyoak posted:

I really loved playing the game but the unending endgame story dump left a really bad taste in my mouth which is a bummer

lol if you didn't expect that from a kojima joint

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

Nitevision posted:

you could turn the difficulty down for the bosses

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Ye I went down from VH straight to normal for the whole finale because eff that

At the second credit roll, hope this is the real one or I’ve made a terrible error this evening

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe
You'll know when you're for real done because the transition between "the plot has ended" and "now go do the rest of the open world stuff" is pretty overt.