Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yithian
Jun 19, 2005

Pollyanna posted:

I main Gio and I don't wanna use the dash macro I don't wannaaaaaaaa. That's another loving button. At least it'd give my left pinky something to do :sigh:

loving do it, you won't regret it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

JBP posted:

I don't know anything about Baiken but I like samurai and she's got big boobs. Seems cool to me.

sounds like you know everything about Baiken.

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=emYIxB7z6bo

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

Pollyanna posted:

I main Gio and I don't wanna use the dash macro I don't wannaaaaaaaa. That's another loving button. At least it'd give my left pinky something to do :sigh:

If you're going to use it (you should), probably put it somewhere more comfortable.

Glagha posted:

Start playing nagoriyuki or potemkin and it'll never be a problem again :unsmigghh:

Look at this dork trying to drift rc manually

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Arzachel posted:

Lol.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

wait what kind of controller do you use your left pinky on

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Maybe they are a cross hander on stick

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

Arzachel posted:

If you're going to use it (you should), probably put it somewhere more comfortable.

Trying? I succeed. The lack of dashing means I've saved my strength for the dash input when it counts.

Also I'm kinda set in my ways on my button config and I can't find a comfortable way to hit the dash button and rc without either hitting an uncomfortable 4 finger chord or taking my hand away from the home position. I use it pretty much exclusively for backdashes.

Hyper Crab Tank
Feb 10, 2014

The 16-bit retro-future of crustacean-based transportation

b_d posted:

The Z button on the Nintendo 64 gamepad, the only gamepad you'll ever need, duh.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

Real hurthling! posted:

Maybe they are a cross hander on stick

:dogwhistle:

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Glagha posted:

Trying? I succeed. The lack of dashing means I've saved my strength for the dash input when it counts.

Also I'm kinda set in my ways on my button config and I can't find a comfortable way to hit the dash button and rc without either hitting an uncomfortable 4 finger chord or taking my hand away from the home position. I use it pretty much exclusively for backdashes.

KSH
PdD

You tap d with your middle finger tip and then hit all three top row buttons.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

Hyper Crab Tank posted:

The Z button on the Nintendo 64 gamepad, the only gamepad you'll ever need, duh.

this is giving me a stroke. you know which finger the pinky is, right?

edit:

Real hurthling! posted:

KSH
PdD

i use that layout but i hit d with my thumb for that. then i don’t have to move any fingers between the inputs.

big deal fucked around with this message at 17:08 on Jul 12, 2021

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

Real hurthling! posted:

KSH
PdD

I know but like I said, I'm set in my ways and the friction of relearning the positions of my pokes and poo poo is way harder than just tapping the stick twice considering how I'll RC drift like twice a match maybe. If I pick up a character with a dash I'll consider it.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Glagha posted:

I know but like I said, I'm set in my ways and the friction of relearning the positions of my pokes and poo poo is way harder than just tapping the stick twice considering how I'll RC drift like twice a match maybe. If I pick up a character with a dash I'll consider it.

Thats cool i was only saying that its not simultaneous dash+rc cause your post read like you were saying you had to hit all 4 buttons at once.

tokenbrownguy
Apr 1, 2010

Elephunk posted:

things I do as an old-school floor 10 scrub ram main:

-Your best combo happens off of 5K. (5K > 2D xx Dauro, 5K ender) I use f. S > H to scare people at the start of the round, but I really want to land a dash-in 5K to get my combo rocks off. if you're at the point where you "can't get in besides f.S" , it's time to go for that 5K payoff

-6P is amazing after they "beat" f.S. Most characters beat f.S by going over it or stuffing it, which 6P beats 90% of the time.

-if 6P doesn't beat their stuff, like a previous poster said - 2S will! - and then you can do (2S -> 2H -> Dauro, 5K ender) just like above situation

-Once the round is going if you land a f.S > 5H you can actually confirm that into a real combo. I "levelled up" this week because now when I recognize this situation I can do (f.S > 5H xx Dauro whiff 66RC 5S > 5H > Corner death) and actually confirming a 60% off of her ridiculous full range f.S feels amazing.

-After they're scared of everything above this and not dead, you can just run up and throw so many people who are making GBS threads themselves watching for f.S or 6P or whatever. I love throw, RC into ender and use it all the time.

--

things I don't know about Ram and need to use more, advice appreciated:

-The flip move, I think it sucks and just pretend it doesn't exist

-Anti-airing with j.P hitconfirm into air 214S, I just never get to the point in Ram rounds where I need this ever

edit: "Ender" means (5K -> 214P rekkas) if you're away from the corner, (5K > 6H > 236HS, etc.) if you're in range for corner victory

thank you pony man

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

Glagha posted:

Left/right isn't as bad but getting a tight up or down drift on stick or pad is not a fun time

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Glagha posted:

Start playing nagoriyuki or potemkin and it'll never be a problem again :unsmigghh:

Pot/Nago can still use the dash button for RC drift! :eng101:

I haven't gotten used to it though. I'm using the dash macro to dash on other characters but I always do the manual 66 input for RCs like some kind of dope

RPATDO_LAMD fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Jul 12, 2021

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි
Play with a keyboard and you'll never have trouble with the double tap inputs. :smug:

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Keyboard lets you use one more finger for dash macro..... mayhap u have much 2 learn, n00b

Just Andi Now
Nov 8, 2009

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

I'm using the dash macro to dash on other characters but I always do the manual 66 input for RCs like some kind of dope

The only thing I use the dash macro for is retaining dolphin charge while backdashing. Everything else is double taps, which messes up a lot of my microdash throws, but i refuse to give up.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Manual dash is minimum 3 frame input and dash macro is 1 frame every time so it is strictly superior.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Here’s why you can’t respect potemkin players…, they’ve nicknamed their character “pot”. The hell, that sounds so lame… what are doing that’s so fast that you can’t spend the time to write out his full name… not dashing across the screen that’s for sure

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

b_d posted:

Keyboard.

ASDF = dash/left/down/right
Space = up
JKIOP = P/D/K/S/HS

Not sure where to put dash, cause yeah pinky is confusing as poo poo.

wologar posted:

Play with a keyboard and you'll never have trouble with the double tap inputs. :smug:

Yeah, seriously, though. I don't have trouble with dashing, cause it's literally just me going ffdsssssssssss ff ff ffodpdsi but I hear the macro's amazing, so I'll try it.

Pollyanna fucked around with this message at 20:40 on Jul 12, 2021

teh_Broseph
Oct 21, 2010

THE LAST METROID IS IN
CATTIVITY. THE GALAXY
IS AT PEACE...
Lipstick Apathy
More Ram stuff,
In neutral esp when they get scared of your big buttons you can do 2k/5k > 2d or whatever into the rekkas (though watch out either none or not all of those hits into rekkas are a true blockstring), which gives you the games of one rekka hit into dash cancel throw, be safe and let two rock, yolo let all 3 rip, or if you have meter just let all 3 rip for decent chip and corner carry and dash RRC cancel into more pressure.

Full video on rekkas here, lot of good Ram stuff on his channel in general https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YcrIwza56wo.

Elephunk posted:

-Anti-airing with j.P hitconfirm into air 214S, I just never get to the point in Ram rounds where I need this ever

j.P is an awesome button, but I've been trying to practice landing conversions off j.S cause if it hits especially on CH you can airdash cancel into something like j.K > j.D > 5k > 6H

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Why not move your left hand one key left and use Shift, ASD, Space? Shifts the universal sprint button anyways so it probably wont be hard to relearn muscle memory for it

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
Air to air jP is pretty sick with most characters since even if it's catching an empty jump block you're cranking risc.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Control Volume posted:

Why not move your left hand one key left and use Shift, ASD, Space? Shifts the universal sprint button anyways so it probably wont be hard to relearn muscle memory for it

Pinky is still a weak finger, especially on my non-dominant hand.

But I'll get used to it...

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Pollyanna posted:

Keyboard.

ASDF = dash/left/down/right
Space = up
JKIOP = P/D/K/S/HS

Not sure where to put dash, cause yeah pinky is confusing as poo poo.

Yeah, seriously, though. I don't have trouble with dashing, cause it's literally just me going ffdsssssssssss ff ff ffodpdsi but I hear the macro's amazing, so I'll try it.

put dash macro on L or U or somewhere around that area, like the fight-stick/ arcade layout.
you wanna press direction with your left hand and dash button with your right hand

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

I've been playing Leo against my friend for ever now and for all this time he didn't realize that Leo's front-turned super was a super.
Because it does less damage than Sol's DP, surely it's too puny to be a super.

:negative:

Happy Hedonist
Jan 18, 2009

I use my pinky all the time on my stick. I’m surprised it’s uncommon. Haha

unimportantguy
Dec 25, 2012

Hey, Johnny, what's a "shitpost"?
I tried specifically focusing on using 3K less in matches last night and decided that any time I wanted to hit a button for no good reason to just hit 5K and I think I trolled the poo poo out of this Giovanna with it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9WUq1RaTjAI

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Jack Trades posted:

I've been playing Leo against my friend for ever now and for all this time he didn't realize that Leo's front-turned super was a super.
Because it does less damage than Sol's DP, surely it's too puny to be a super.

:negative:

sol's dp does like 70% if the sol knows what he's doing so that's a pretty hard threshold to overcome

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

Happy Hedonist posted:

I use my pinky all the time on my stick. I’m surprised it’s uncommon. Haha

People here are specifically surprised at the use of the left pinky. You know, the one on the hand that most people use to move the stick.

Happy Hedonist
Jan 18, 2009

Peewi posted:

People here are specifically surprised at the use of the left pinky. You know, the one on the hand that most people use to move the stick.

Oh. I’d use that one too if there was a button within reach. Years of piano pays off!

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

put dash macro on L or U or somewhere around that area, like the fight-stick/ arcade layout.
you wanna press direction with your left hand and dash button with your right hand

Holy crap U works so much better. Thank you!

Happy Hedonist posted:

Oh. I’d use that one too if there was a button within reach. Years of piano pays off!

Playing a fighter on a keyboard actually reminds me a lot of piano. Playing chords and progressions and such. :v:

Happy Hedonist
Jan 18, 2009

Pollyanna posted:

Playing a fighter on a keyboard actually reminds me a lot of piano. Playing chords and progressions and such. :v:

I tried to play with my midi controller yesterday and the game told me to get hosed. The only mechanical keyboard I have is 60%, but I may give it a shot. I’m waiting for this new generation of consoles to settle, but I really want a hitbox for this reason. My first thought after getting my stick earlier this year was “ooh this is like playing piano!!”. :)

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008
so, I started practicing the microwalk/microdash 5K with Giovanna to extend combos out of 214K and uhh...wow, it makes a huge difference in damage output. I'm not getting hte full combos yet because I haven't practiced enough but I can get a huge chunk without meter

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I spent the day playing ram and im hopeless at dauro cancelling from sweep so im going to embrace evil and just play flowchart sol :devil:

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Skypie posted:

so, I started practicing the microwalk/microdash 5K with Giovanna to extend combos out of 214K and uhh...wow, it makes a huge difference in damage output. I'm not getting hte full combos yet because I haven't practiced enough but I can get a huge chunk without meter

Oh yeah no it's huge and you can take a massive chunk of life off of the opponent. It just takes some getting used to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Here’s why you can’t respect potemkin players…, they’ve nicknamed their character “pot”. The hell, that sounds so lame… what are doing that’s so fast that you can’t spend the time to write out his full name… not dashing across the screen that’s for sure

Lol if you need to run. Just punch them with your 12 foot arms and walk them into the corner and delete them. Chasing is for people who need more than one engagement to win.