Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

Just let yourself become a worthless person!
Personally, I won't get excited until the opposite happens. I want the next Touhou game to star Reimu, Marisa, and that green helicopter with the adjustable shot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

if they got the Dangun Feveron announcer to shout out attack pattern names they can have my money

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy
If CAVE can make a good Touhou game it'd likely revitalize my enjoyment of that series. I haven't liked a Touhou game since UFO, it really felt like ZUN peaked and lost his touch after that.

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

I will be very surprised if it's not a waifu gacha shmup.

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

Yeah, it's probably gonna be largely a Touhou-themed Gothic wa Mahou Otome (the "Gomaotsu" mentioned in an above posted tweet), the mobile gacha shmup Cave released in 2015.

Ofecks
May 4, 2009

A portly feline wizard waddles forth, muttering something about conjured food.

Oh hey there will be a possibly actually good Tohou game that I'd be willing to play myself?

I've never been interested in them at all. They look (and sound) just so flat and amateur-ish. Like the flash games of the 00's. Plus they're all sky-stage things as far as I can tell and overly reliant on boss fights. Just not my thing. Cho Ren Sha is the only sky-stage-only shmup that I've ever liked.

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't
I'm not the biggest fan of normal Touhou but I love the "Shoot the Bullet" games with the whole "photograph the boss and their bullet pattern" thing :)

japtor
Oct 28, 2005
https://twitter.com/dengekionline/status/1415234880502472705
Google translated linked article:

quote:

M2 announced that it will deliver the live broadcast program "M2STG Live Broadcast # 7" from 19:00 on July 15th. The broadcast will reveal new information about the various titles of M2.

The original title "Battle Blade Arresta" developed for the content download system "ALL.Net P-ras MULTI Version 3" for amusement facilities. In this title, the participating voice actors will be announced with staff comments.

Also, new information on the "M2 Shot Triggers" title, which will be released on PlayStation 4 and Nintendo Switch, will be released.
So covering Senjin Aleste and announcing a new Shot Triggers PS4/Switch game.

And I think this Senjin Aleste site is new?: https://m2stg.com/senxin-aleste/

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
The big news for Battle Blade Aleste is that it's out in arcades... today! Probably not the best time to release an arcade-exclusive game, but hey, whacha gonna do.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZbszby0TOc

The new Shot Triggers title is Ultimate Tiger-Heli.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8PrOM6TwI1Y

This brings together Toaplan's Tiger-Heli and Twin Cobra into one package, with both their US and Japanese versions and the usual array of border-filling gadgets. Also included is a previously-unreleased 2-player version of Twin Cobra's Japanese version. There is also a DLC expansion (packed into the physical release), adding the home console ports of the two featured games and also another entirely unrelated Toaplan game, GetStar (aka Guardian), because why not?

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
^^read that

PaletteSwappedNinja fucked around with this message at 13:44 on Jul 15, 2021

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica

The Kins posted:

The big news for Battle Blade Aleste is that it's out in arcades... today! Probably not the best time to release an arcade-exclusive game, but hey, whacha gonna do.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZbszby0TOc

Blue girl is sus :v:

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

Hrrrrrm, this is the first time a Shottriggers has me less than hyped.

Ofecks
May 4, 2009

The Kins posted:

The new Shot Triggers title is Ultimate Tiger-Heli.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8PrOM6TwI1Y

This brings together Toaplan's Tiger-Heli and Twin Cobra into one package, with both their US and Japanese versions and the usual array of border-filling gadgets. Also included is a previously-unreleased 2-player version of Twin Cobra's Japanese version.

Finally. Although this has kinda already been done before - Toaplan Shooting Battle Vol 1 on PS1. They shoulda started with Tatsujin Ou and Out Zone. Ah well, Garegga was a similar story and it worked out ok. As with all the Shot Triggers releases, I'll be interested in seeing what the arrange modes are like.

The Kins posted:

There is also a DLC expansion (packed into the physical release), adding the home console ports of the two featured games and also another entirely unrelated Toaplan game, GetStar (aka Guardian), because why not?

Cool. Toaplan's non-shmups are pretty interesting. Although the NES/FC ports are Micronics shitheaps and aren't really worth playing. The PCE version of KT is good stuff and has my endorsement.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
They'll probably stick Tatsujin-ou with OG Tatsujin, Out Zone with Fixeight, Hishouzame with Same!Same!Same, etc. Most of their stuff has an obvious pair, and I guess they'll tack all the weirder/less popular stuff onto other bundles like they're doing with Get Star.

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

I want Batrider bad but PS4 couldn't handle it, and it probably got bumped down the list when they started to include Switch ports. Who knows how long M2 will take to get to PS5 dev.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Bakraid was the one that was giving them issues, Batrider was more "it'd be a chore to debug/add to".

McFlurry Fan #1
Dec 31, 2005

He can't kill me. I'm indestructible. Everybody knows that

drat I do want Shottriggers Ultimate Tiger Heli, but not as much as the other Toaplan games. I'd quite optimistically now been hoping they would be announcing plans for Dogyuun / Grind Stormer / Batsugun.

Battle Blade Aleste looks great though and I'll happily pay the full price for a port in about 5 years time.

M2 is great.

Ofecks
May 4, 2009

McFlurry Fan #1 posted:

Battle Blade Aleste looks great though and I'll happily pay the full price for a port in about 5 years time.

Yeah! I watched the announcement stream yesterday and the footage of that was very impressive. Let's just hope it doesn't end up on Exa Arcadia so we can actually get a port of it.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Ofecks posted:

Yeah! I watched the announcement stream yesterday and the footage of that was very impressive. Let's just hope it doesn't end up on Exa Arcadia so we can actually get a port of it.
It's not on Exa, it's on Sega's ALL.NET digital distribution platform, so the dream of a home port is still alive.

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

Tentatively interested in the lowest tier steamdeck as a shmup+roguelike (+everything else) machine. I'll wait to see if it has any inherent input delay issues.

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Bakraid was the one that was giving them issues, Batrider was more "it'd be a chore to debug/add to".

oh well then gimme that friggin' Batrider already M2, I have $35 ready to go. :hai:

McFlurry Fan #1
Dec 31, 2005

The Kins posted:

It's not on Exa, it's on Sega's ALL.NET digital distribution platform, so the dream of a home port is still alive.

I read it was rejected for EXA because of slightly long input lag, and average play time of 40mins per credit. Which sounds about right for an Aleste game.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Played Cotton Reboot a bit today

Sure is a reboot of Cotton

Except it's actually a weird semi remake of the first game with a bunch of new scoring stuff and other things added.

McFlurry Fan #1
Dec 31, 2005

Strictly Limited preorders for Rolling Gunner + Over Power have just gone live for Switch and PS4. A plain one and a fancy one as usual.

Held off on playing this so far, but I do love a good hori so my order is in.

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

Are they going to publish PS4 digital?

McFlurry Fan #1
Dec 31, 2005

Highly doubt it but I wouldn't be surprised if it turns up after these places have sold their physical copies.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

bees x1000 posted:

To be frank if we go by the track record of these games usually there will be a digital release.

I think the only game not to get a digital release was the western version of psyvariar.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Data East's 80s shooter Darwin 4078 is now on Switch and PS4 by way of Arcade Archives.

https://twitter.com/HAMSTER_Corp/status/1416436148805672960

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

bees x1000 posted:

ININ said they are but it's probably going to be late yeah. and ofc you still can't buy this pc game digitally on pc

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

Ineffiable posted:

I think the only game not to get a digital release was the western version of psyvariar.
hm? Psyvariar Delta is on Steam and the eShop, and was on PSN for a while before being delisted?

lets hang out posted:

ININ said they are but it's probably going to be late yeah. and ofc you still can't buy this pc game digitally on pc

and to compound the insanity, the PC DLC is a digital download!

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

The Kins posted:

Data East's 80s shooter Darwin 4078 is now on Switch and PS4 by way of Arcade Archives.

Super Real Darwin is on sale on the switch eshop for $2 rn too along w/ a handful of other "Johnny Turbo" releases which, in my experience w/ Night Slashers, have a kind of annoying emulation wrapper. But...$2

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

bees x1000 posted:

hm? Psyvariar Delta is on Steam and the eShop, and was on PSN for a while before being delisted?

I think it's the only game to have some issues with the digital release still. All the rest are still available digitally. They must have majorly messed up the rights with psyvariar or could only get it for a year for ps4.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
It's more that the publisher has been barely functional for the last few years. They hosed up Game Tengoku too, and they still haven't released Radirgy Swag.

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

Seems to be some confusion here between Strictly Limited and Dispatch. Dispatch has a long list of failures (Radirgy, Psyvariar, Tengoku, etc..) Strictly Limited has actually gotten things like Cozmic Revelation and Cotton Reboot out the door. SL is handling Rolling Gunner.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Yeah, I was replying to the guy who specifically asked about Psyvariar.

SLG/ININ has a history of holding back digital versions until they're done selling physical copies, and they say Rolling Gunner won't be ready until October/November (and they've been really slow/behind on a lot of recent stuff, so I wouldn't count on them hitting that date).

McFlurry Fan #1
Dec 31, 2005

Yeah SLG are slow but have been reliable so far when I've ordered from them. Although I still reckon I'll get my hands on Rolling Gunner before my preorder of the Cotton Saturn Tribute from City Connection which is due out slightly sooner.

Origin
Feb 15, 2006

The Kins posted:

I’m playing this right now and it really reminds me of another game from Data East, the Famicom version of B-Wings.

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

Origin posted:

I’m playing this right now and it really reminds me of another game from Data East, the Famicom version of B-Wings.

Oh hey, I've been meaning to ask about a shmup I played on some Famicom 50 in 1 pirate cart back in the day but could not remember the name of and it's totally B-Wings. So thanks for answering my question before I even asked it

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Saw a pretty glowing review of Cotton Reboot, which I think comes out digitally tomorrow

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=224jCGIbnsA

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
A friend of mine linked me to that review last night while demanding I purchase it so he could play it. Looks fun, but for $40 I'm gonna need to see more opinions on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.

The Kins posted:

Does Hamster have the rights to Boogie Wings, or does another company have them?