Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dex01
Apr 9, 2012

Our favourite game starring everyone's favourite green soldier.

Bowser's Fury is the added content for the re-release of Super Mario 3D World, Originally released for Wii U in 2013, for Nintendo Switch. It was developed by Nintendo's 1-UP Studio and released in February this year.

Hi, remember us? We are the people originally responsible for the 3D World thread way back in 2014 that somehow for some reason got 42 active thread participants to part ways with their money and buy a Wii U. It was generally a well recieved thread at the time and now we are back to cover the Adittional Content.

When it was finally announced that 3D Wolrd would be getting an enhanced Switch port I was of course incredibly happy, however I was Not expecting them throw in a whole other game! It does kind of explain why the Switch port took so long and, for those of us who played the original is essentially a £50/$50 DLC for a game that is now (I'm sorry) 7 years old. The big question for a lot of people then of course is "If I've already played the game, is it worth double dipping?" and I am somewhat hesistant to say yes. Basically: if you haven't played 3D World before then I can reccommend with 100% certainty. It's a great game and the Switch version runs a lot better and has the added Bowser's Fury stuff! If you have already played the game though it really depends how bad you want to play Bowser's Fury. Don't get me wrong it's an excellent addition but if you're on the fence honestly I would suggest trying to find the game second hand somewhere for as close to a reasonable price as possible. I would ordinarily say "wait for a sale" but of course we all know Nintendo does not do those.

And it really really sucks that I have to add this caveat because Bowser's Fury rules! It's a fully open world Mario game, you can run around an archipelago as a Cat/Tanooki/Hammer Bro, the music is once again outstanding, Bowser is actually a threat, Bowser Jr. is there. I could go on but the fact is the game is very very good for what it is, and yes it is quite on the short side even if you go for 100% BUT. Despite that I still had a blast playing it the first time round and am honestly delighted that this LP is giving me an excuse to pick the game back up and play it once more.

So why don't we see exactly what Bowser is so Furious about?

Let's Play Bowser's Fury!

Videos!
Bowser's Fury Part 1 - [YouTube]/[Polsy]
Bowser's Fury Part 2 - [YouTube]/[Polsy]
Bowser's Fury Part 3 - [YouTube]/[Polsy]
Bowser's Fury Part 4 - [YouTube]/[Polsy]

Dex01 fucked around with this message at 22:42 on Jul 13, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gertrude Perkins
May 1, 2010

Gun Snake

dont talk to gun snake

Drops: human teeth
THE TRIUMPHANT RETURN!

Really looking forward to this, your SM3DW LP was exemplary and you've only improved your presentation since then!

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
Oh, you've returned!

Yeah Bowser's Fury is excellent but hoo boy yeah it sucks that the caveats have to be added cause I'm hesitant to say double dipping should be done for what would essentially amount to a $60 campaign as well. Of course if you've never played 3D World at all, the package is absolutely worth it.

grimlock_master
Nov 1, 2013

Fuck you, suzie
Heck yes! I bought a wii u cuz of y'all, too bad I already have a switch or you'd make me buy one too!

Black Mage Knight
Jan 25, 2012

stop biting my cape
it is kind of a shame that yeah it is pretty short and thus kind of a steep purchase if you already have 3D World, because like not only is Bowser's Fury just fantastic, but even 3D World itself is pretty massively improved on from the original release with much faster movement and full online multiplayer. I already was of the opinion that 3D World was one of the best platformers Nintendo ever made and the Switch version both with the improvements and Bowser's Fury kinda further just cement that.

Dex01
Apr 9, 2012

Update!

We check out some new islands, see some familiar faces and travel by ice skate in todays video!

Bowser's Fury Part 2 - [YouTube]/[Polsy]

Dex01
Apr 9, 2012

Update!

At Vile's request in the previous video, we crank the intensity of Bowser Jr.'s assistance up to max then sit back and watch him go

Bowser's Fury Part 3 - [YouTube]/[Polsy]

Precambrian
Apr 30, 2008

Jesus Christ, the spiky roller obstacles in the water are hammerhead sharks... who are also cats. This game has a theme.

Also, Bowser Junior going all out is the one time I've ever seen a Nintendo handholding feature I'd actually want to turn on, just because it's so hilarious to see him just on the attack. Enemies aren't really a threat, so it's not that much of a difference, but it's so funny to see him just go aggro. He was just done with shadow Luigi's poo poo!

Dex01
Apr 9, 2012

Update!

We finish up the game, collect all remaining shines and have the final showdown with Bowser. Yes, we really 100% LP'd this game in just 4 videos. Please clap.

Bowser's Fury Part 4 - [YouTube]/[Polsy]

Gertrude Perkins
May 1, 2010

Gun Snake

dont talk to gun snake

Drops: human teeth
I'm clapping! I'm clapping!

It's a real shame Bowser's Fury is so short, but what is there looks pretty great, even if there are a few samey sections. Makes me wonder what direction Mario games are going to be pulled in future instalments...

bewilderment
Nov 22, 2007
man what

You guys are pretty funny and I enjoyed this LP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Precambrian
Apr 30, 2008

Everything about Bowser Jr. is ridiculously cute, and that was a fantastic way to cap off a very good LP.