Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nuh-uh no way
Mar 27, 2010
Hanging out on the bed this morning.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

she’s just eating grass so I expect barfs in the morning

update: there were barfs

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
I’ve been occasionally putting their food bowls close together at dinner time to help pepper with desensitization while I stand there so she knows she’s safe. tonight about halfway through her bowl Pepper started growling, which is great progress considering it usually happens immediately!

Pongo ended up giving her a short growl back after a long while of her growling, basically a “just shut the gently caress up plz” so I moved his bowl back a bit.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Bob is pretty great

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Luci got into her shark house finally but it didn't last for long.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

So Mango has never thrown up a hairball and almost never puked. The last couple of days, he has at a couple of instances horked a fair bit like he was going to, but never did. I've suspected a hairball since I'm staying with my parents and he has taken to grooming my parents extremely fluffy ragdoll cat.

After a few days of this I decided to take him to the vet to check to make sure it wasn't something caught in his digestive tract or a blockage or something.

Anyway I brought him to the vet. Getting him in the carrier was easy because I got him while he was asleep and didn't know what was happening until it was too late. He howled like the world was ending for my betrayal but didn't befoul his carrier so got good boy points for that. Poor boy was trembling at the vet. :saddowns:

Then came the vet time.

We managed to wrangle him onto the table do the vet could check him out. He wriggled, but didn't attack me or the vet and put up with it quite well. I was very impressed.

The diagnosis? Is cat. Maybe a hairball but will likely pass out one end or the other in time. Possible Asthma so keep an eye out for that. Weight is 6.4kg, or 14lb. He got straight back in the carrier himself after the vet was done. :haw:

The ride home was uneventful and even slightly less howling. Current Mango status;

Purring his head off on his favourite blanket after sulking under my bed for 20 minutes.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

tramatized mango

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Synthbuttrange posted:

tramatized mango

Very

Also this flooflord

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

mango be good okay

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
good cats

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Happy Birthday, Dee Eight. You are really one of the good ones out there.

I’m gonna post this picture again with no apologies because it’s appropriate

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

Happy Birthday, Dee Eight. You are really one of the good ones out there.

I’m gonna post this picture again with no apologies because it’s appropriate

thank you

y'all come and post cat pics in my birthday party thread
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3973237

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

*finally* got my claim for rocco settled, a mere month after his last vet visit. i'm getting back all but about $400 of what i "claimed". (the first bill included flea and tick meds for both cats, which i wasn't claiming but there's no way to break them out), so that's good.

Ofecks
May 4, 2009

A portly feline wizard waddles forth, muttering something about conjured food.

Please give Melba the meat

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

just one of those days

Flakey
Apr 30, 2009

There's no need to speak. You must only concentrate and recall all your past life. When a man thinks of the past, he becomes kinder.
Don't worry Marceline, you don't look like a freight train.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

username/post

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Grand Fromage posted:

username/post

lol

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

birds

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
we had to take down the bird feeder, Indiana DNR is tracking a wierd bird-killing disease so they want everyone to take down their feeders to help slow the spread. :mad:

Neophyte
Apr 23, 2006

perennially
Taco Defender
my brain's coping strategy when I have an upcoming task that's even slightly inconvenient or stressful:

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

devmd01 posted:

we had to take down the bird feeder, Indiana DNR is tracking a wierd bird-killing disease so they want everyone to take down their feeders to help slow the spread. :mad:

we had that here and they figured out it was from people using insecticides to kill cicadas, a completely harmless insect

Underwater Shoe
May 26, 2005

an informative notation for your appreciation
is cat

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Long boi

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Neophyte posted:

my brain's coping strategy when I have an upcoming task that's even slightly inconvenient or stressful:

Yep. Pets resembling their owners and vice versa etc

Crocobile
Dec 2, 2006

Golden-i posted:

i hope this one is big enough

Oh hey, I drew your cat! Earlier this year when I was pining for a catte of my own I was drawing a lot of cats in my sketchbook and used some random goon’s cat pic for reference. I’m positive this was Furb:

Work’s been a lot so I haven’t drawn in months. :( But A+ cat face you got on your hands!

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

That is an excellent Furb drawing

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

That's a great Furb

For content, I posted this picture in Discord last night and was told it should go in the thread:

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Crocobile posted:

Oh hey, I drew your cat! Earlier this year when I was pining for a catte of my own I was drawing a lot of cats in my sketchbook and used some random goon’s cat pic for reference. I’m positive this was Furb:

Work’s been a lot so I haven’t drawn in months. :( But A+ cat face you got on your hands!

what a great furb

Antivehicular posted:

That's a great Furb

For content, I posted this picture in Discord last night and was told it should go in the thread:

correct assessment

Animale
Sep 30, 2009

Shelly hisses at Tracker anytime he is near. I think they like each other.

Radio!
Mar 15, 2008

Look at that post.

hey this rules

felgs
Dec 31, 2008

Cats cure all ills. Post more of them.

Crocobile posted:

this owns

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

Ofecks
May 4, 2009

A portly feline wizard waddles forth, muttering something about conjured food.

gently caress SNEEP posted:

just one of those days

slug mode

computer angel
Sep 9, 2008

Make it a double.
I love kitty cats

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Binary Badger