Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
Good Sister farming Warframes from personal experience are any that give you shields or invuln, so Revenant, Valkyr, and Nezha are tops.

If you're looking for a good spot for the 6X combo for 30 seconds, Lt. Kril on Mars is real good for it, since he does no damage and has long periods of invuln.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spanish Matlock
Sep 6, 2004

If you want to play the I-didn't-know-this-was-a-hippo-bar game with me, that's fine.
Good sister farming frames are summoning your mausolon from orbit and holding down the left mouse button until they die.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Revenant has always been my go-to for liching and that has not changed with the sisters.

Nezha is quite good too and Rhino of course is as capable as ever. As long as you're reasonably tanky and (preferably) status immune, you'll be just fine.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

So, is it really worth grinding more Lich weapons hoping for a better element percentage?
Or is it something to do if you're bored?

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Inzombiac posted:

So, is it really worth grinding more Lich weapons hoping for a better element percentage?

How full is your liquor cabinet?

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
Depends on how much free time you have and the weapon. I'm passing on trying to upgrade my flux rifle or any of the pistols unless they feel amazing. Envoy, sure I'll fish for upgrading that one.

Tangentially, do the ergo glast ones come with a certain range? Or can the community luck out and get a 60% some time? I'm probably gonna get this 40 that's in there and skip the 20s.

Edit: I'll upgrade the fun guns while I'm still farming ephemera but once I have them all I'm not likely to touch them again. Those new kuva ones will likely just get the one secured.

hazardousmouse fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Jul 14, 2021

Quill
Jan 19, 2004

Inzombiac posted:

Rarely worthwhile, unless you have literally nothing else you want to do in the game, but still for some reason feel like playing it.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Sometimes people with way too much plat will buy 60% perfected lich weapons but it's not worth getting the weapon done and then trying to find one of those people.

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

Orv posted:

Sometimes people with way too much plat will buy 60% perfected lich weapons but it's not worth getting the weapon done and then trying to find one of those people.

you can't sell the actual weapon, only a converted lich

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

I hunt all my liches with Ivara, as I can't be bothered to deal with them in open combat.

Orv
May 4, 2011

BMan posted:

you can't sell the actual weapon, only a converted lich

Oh right, that's even worse.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
Sisters use a supremely hosed up damage scaling mechanic based on your weapon's calculated DPS, to the point where a lovely weapon with half its mod slots empty may end up killing them faster than a minmaxed endgame weapon.
However the details on how it works are pretty vague and it's hard to test which loadouts are good or bad since nothing in the simulacrum uses the same damage scaling.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
At least they're accessible to new players then. gently caress it, you know you have the tools to brute force your way through it.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet

Inzombiac posted:

The bonus is equivalent to a 60/60 mod. But people would use the mod anyway so its bored mostly. If you like the weapon I would because why not? I like the kuva chakkhurr and spawned an extra one.

I have a lich with a 60% rad arca plasmor. And she's mah wife.

temple fucked around with this message at 20:23 on Jul 14, 2021

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
It's probably not worth setting out specifically to grind for 60% but if you're farming larvlings trying to roll for a weapon you haven't seen yet and you get a dupe of your favorite tenet/kuva weapon you might as well grab some free extra damage, if you feel like it.

edit: especially now that the game lets you choose which damage type to use, so you can e.g. farm for the cold ephemera while using all the cold weapons as valence fusion fodder and keep your toxin/heat damage.

RPATDO_LAMD fucked around with this message at 20:30 on Jul 14, 2021

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
I kept getting 55% sister weapons so I've maxed two mostly by accident while ephemera farming. It's nice but also my 25% kuva weapons absolutely own so there's no functional reason to do it beyond Number Go Up, which is as valid a reason as anything in this game

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

temple posted:

The bonus is equivalent to a 60/60 mod. But people would use the mod anyway so its bored mostly. If you like the weapon I would because why not? I like the kuva chakkhurr and spawned an extra one.

I have a lich with a 60% rad arca plasmor. And she's mah wife.

Alright, hmm.
My current sister has a dope Arca, aura and personality but I want all her poo poo and will have to kill her soon :smith:

temple
Jul 29, 2006

Inzombiac posted:

Alright, hmm.
My current sister has a dope Arca, aura and personality but I want all her poo poo and will have to kill her soon :smith:
Same, I spawned this sister specifically to convert and she had 60% rad.

TheParadigm
Dec 10, 2009

Inzombiac posted:

I'm gonna need Mutagen Masses to be easier to farm.

Three invasions for 1 is nuts when some items require 10. I'm crafting them as well but this is taking ages.

This is one of those stupid rear end bullshit DE things where you can just buy fieldron, mutagen and detonite - the completed finished resources- from the ingame market for 10p each (the same way you do orokin cells)

And the rush costs are still 25p per bp.

Just farm some relics, sell some prime poo poo, and buy it.

Build up your stash once a day in between bouts of having to care about it. (if you have everything, try to keep 10 ish on hand in case of new weapon that needs it). (the -ite/agen bp's take an annoying amount of plastids if you smash 3 out once a day for a long period of time; throw distilling extractors on plastid planets to counteract)

Also invasions are actually a good thing.
a)keep an eye out for mutagen on phorid because that is speed runnable
B) invasions rotate mission types every 15 minutes. This means (unless its about to expire) that you can just do another mission and check back when its capture and smash it rq.

TheParadigm
Dec 10, 2009

Inzombiac posted:

If you use the weapon a lot its a 'might as well' thing.
If you like farming new weapons to sell to the trade chat market for the lazy factor/free plat, sure.
if you're the person that just wants the ephemera, you can keep rolling on an element until you get it and decide what to do on a case by case basis.

There's a few specific endgame-ready weapons that are just good enough its worth taking to 50-60; nobody is gonna fault you for maxing out a nukor. Karak, tho, eh.

Sometimes there's a wierd niche reason to take a weapon to a certain element. One of my notable interactions: I had an imperator riven for sale for a while, and the guy who eventually got it was apparently a pro/serios profit taker speed runner/record holder. (it was ideal for him, because of +corpus alongside other ideal stats).
We talked about it for a bit; I asked for his builds.
Turns out he'd made a magnetic nukor to 60 just for the sake of covering damage bases on the shield phase.
He may be the only one, ever to bother.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
Magnetic Nukor is fairly popular actually. You can use it to make a condition-overload-enabler status hose that applies 5 statuses at once really quickly, since the Nukor's head-growing 'microwave' status counts for it.

I think kuva nukor and now the tenet envoy (which has innate cold damage) are the only lich weapons in the game that have a good reason to take something other than toxin/heat. (Well ok and radiation if you only want to use a gun on status-immune eidolons or something.)

RPATDO_LAMD fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Jul 14, 2021

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

Sisters use a supremely hosed up damage scaling mechanic based on your weapon's calculated DPS, to the point where a lovely weapon with half its mod slots empty may end up killing them faster than a minmaxed endgame weapon.
However the details on how it works are pretty vague and it's hard to test which loadouts are good or bad since nothing in the simulacrum uses the same damage scaling.

i'm pretty sure it doesn't actually work like this, unless the one for sisters is wildly different than the one for liches / necramechs / etc. and also way worse

it does have extreme diminishing returns, and it's calculated per-hit which leads to some really wacky unintuitive bullshit where high fire rate guns work better than single shot and pellet guns work best of all, but "unmodded is somehow BETTER" is probably just the graduated income tax fallacy lol

also recent patch notes gave us an official name for this poo poo (which was completely undocumented when it was first slipped into the game): "damage attenuation"

okay both of us are wrong, jesus, it's worse than i thought. see below

Tuxedo Catfish fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Jul 14, 2021

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
oh they play by lephantis rules?
time to pull my "oops all grakata!" loadout on them

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Ask me about how people having a bad reaction to MSG makes them racist, because I've never heard of gluten sensitivity

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

Magnetic Nukor is fairly popular actually. You can use it to make a condition-overload-enabler status hose that applies 5 statuses at once really quickly, since the Nukor's head-growing 'microwave' status counts for it.

I think kuva nukor and now the tenet envoy (which has innate cold damage) are the only lich weapons in the game that have a good reason to take something other than toxin/heat. (Well ok and radiation if you only want to use a gun on status-immune eidolons or something.)

What element do i want on the envoy? Haven't gotten one yet.

Also farming max bonus weapons is something I only did because there was this huge dearth of challenging content other than liches or sitting in an endless mission for 4 hours straight, so meh, i did it. I expect there will be another desert like this in the future and you might take the time to max out weapons

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

hazardousmouse posted:

oh they play by lephantis rules?
time to pull my "oops all grakata!" loadout on them

not exactly, but similar consequences. i think lephantis literally just has a cap on per-hit damage, this is slightly less naive than that

e: okay it's worse, it's more complicated than what i described, a lot of what i said was wrong, but it's actually even loving stupider than that

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Damage_Reduction#Special_Enemies_and_Damage_Attenuation

also the notion that the Corpus Lich version is different and worse than the Kuva Lich version looks a lot more plausible than it did a second ago because jesus loving christ it's different for everything they've added to the game up till now. every entry on this loving list has its own formula. this might be the most horrifying page on the wiki

anyways, assuming the wiki is correct (and it has a bunch of provisos saying it might not be) the actual good advice is not "multi-hit weapons" but crit weapons, and avoid spool-up weapons like the kohm or gorgon

Tuxedo Catfish fucked around with this message at 23:48 on Jul 14, 2021

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

TheParadigm posted:

Turns out he'd made a magnetic nukor to 60 just for the sake of covering damage bases on the shield phase.
He may be the only one, ever to bother.

The PC clan's full of magnetic 60 nukors. It's the best element for the nukor because the nukor is such a status hose.

BabelFish
Jul 20, 2013

Fallen Rib

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

Heck the magnetic kuva nukor does not even need a condition overload melee weapon anymore, it can combo with itself: Gavlanized Shot.

TheParadigm
Dec 10, 2009

Guilty posted:

What element do i want on the envoy? Haven't gotten one yet.

Also farming max bonus weapons is something I only did because there was this huge dearth of challenging content other than liches or sitting in an endless mission for 4 hours straight, so meh, i did it. I expect there will be another desert like this in the future and you might take the time to max out weapons

Envoy is innate cold so I want toxin for free viral. This has the bonus perk of letting you just slap primed cold on.

Its easier to ask yourself how many elemental mods you're gonna throw on and go from there.

smallmouth
Oct 1, 2009

What about magnetic makes it good for the nukor?

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Damage_Reduction#Special_Enemies_and_Damage_Attenuation

also the notion that the Corpus Lich version is different and worse than the Kuva Lich version looks a lot more plausible than it did a second ago because jesus loving christ it's different for everything they've added to the game up till now. every entry on this loving list has its own formula. this might be the most horrifying page on the wiki

Jesus christ that page. Like I know the running gag about how DE game design is just making things not work here because shut up they don't, but at least invulnerability phases are obvious and damage weaknesses/immunities are in-game information. I thought the punished-for-modding thing was limited to necramechs. :gonk:

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Ask me about how people having a bad reaction to MSG makes them racist, because I've never heard of gluten sensitivity

TheParadigm posted:

Envoy is innate cold so I want toxin for free viral. This has the bonus perk of letting you just slap primed cold on.

Its easier to ask yourself how many elemental mods you're gonna throw on and go from there.

Oh, the other dude said something other than toxin/heat, so i figured there was some other trick

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
what monster clogged up proxima survival rotations with ASH schematics?

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

smallmouth posted:

What about magnetic makes it good for the nukor?

Nukor has innate radiation so going for magnetic is adding a second dual-element baked in, then factor in your mods and you've got a weapon that can apply multiple statuses with zero effort.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

And Tyler Too! posted:

Nukor has innate radiation so going for magnetic is adding a second dual-element baked in, then factor in your mods and you've got a weapon that can apply multiple statuses with zero effort.

Also the status will just rip through Steel Path Corpus, making it perfect for any mission.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
holy poo poo
a cursed railjack mission
fell out of bounds, couldn't use chat so couldn't use unstuck and it decides to kill my frame for this, I'm not allowed to revive
stuck watching two absolute morons run around and try to find the final objective I was running to, guy parks his RJ right outside the missile battery and earns himself 6 catastrophic failures in short order
I don't know how he did it but the guy sends his RJ into warp then drops, leaving me in an infinitunnel
just... :psyduck:

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

That's kind of impressive.

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

sounds like an average session of release railjack

temple
Jul 29, 2006

Anyone make a build for Yareli?

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

temple posted:

Anyone make a build for Yareli?

I've been enjoying the top build on overframe. I haven't finished it since I'm lazy and don't like frames without Vitality, but high strength and range both seem to work well for her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

temple
Jul 29, 2006

Kinda what I was thinking, str and range