Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Gaius Marius posted:

That's a full pickle tho

sexy tiger boobs posted:

Pickles and relish

And not just any relish, but dyed neon green relish.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!

Jokerpilled Drudge posted:

Anyone ever try just walking past the receipt checker person? I'd be interested in hearing how it worked out.

that is what I do when going to the pharmacy or the food court, or didn't actually buy anything but they don't like it if you do it with a cart.

Solvent
Jan 24, 2013

by Hand Knit
Has anyone else posted this yet?
Go out and try it, $20 a case for the Kirkland version of Stone Delicious.
Holy poo poo it’s just right.

My new goto

https://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/21516/534751/?ba=brewerburgundy

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

Ha! I picked up a few cases, it's a fabulous crusher. I wonder if they changed the recipe from the poor experiences folks had earlier.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Pennywise the Frown posted:

:yum:

I have one of those tattooed on my body and regert nothing

It's been too long since I ate one, though, gently caress

Solvent
Jan 24, 2013

by Hand Knit
My pilgrimage to the miracle of Morena blvd has rewarded me with several cases as well.
Holy poo poo it's so refreshing for something that has alcohol in it.
I have not yet had a single beer induced headache the way Societe's The Pupil blinds me, The Pupil is also $34 a case and the best IPA offering at Costco I've seen, that isn't a drat variety pack.
https://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/28994/81838/

They need to get Societe's The Harlot in there, way better, best golden ale I've tried in years.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I can't decide if the chicago dog or chili cheese dog is my favorite. We have a hot dog place here but they're a bit skimpy for the price. I should get some anyway.

Captain Toasted
Jan 3, 2009
If you live in: Arizona, California, Connecticut, Delaware, Hawaii, Indiana, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, New York, Texas, or Vermont you can walk in and say “I’m just here for alcohol” and even buy it without a membership. Used to be a godsend back in college before I became an established gold star member

Solvent
Jan 24, 2013

by Hand Knit
Tobacco too I thought, before they quit selling it at every location I've visited in the last couple years.

I've been to a few too, its good to buy Costco tires before you go on a west coast roadtrip, free and quick service is very fine indeed.

Bibliotechno Music
Dec 30, 2008

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Celery salt is visible at least, but those onions look cooked and it’s missing the sport peppers. Come on, Wikipedia!

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Bumble Dong posted:

If you live in: Arizona, California, Connecticut, Delaware, Hawaii, Indiana, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, New York, Texas, or Vermont you can walk in and say “I’m just here for alcohol” and even buy it without a membership. Used to be a godsend back in college before I became an established gold star member

NY Costcos don't sell alcohol.

Ours has an attached liquor store but it doesn't carry Kirkland brand booze so it's pointless.

BadSamaritan
May 2, 2008

crumb by crumb in this big black forest

The Massachusetts Costcos put the dangerous liquor/beer area in its own cage-like room after the registers to protect us from its sinful allure or something because this state’s blue laws are extremely weird and archaic.

schreibs
Oct 11, 2009

Renegret posted:

NY Costcos don't sell alcohol.

Ours has an attached liquor store but it doesn't carry Kirkland brand booze so it's pointless.

This is the same in Texas and I hate it. Also, cant even buy beer before noon on god's day because of reasons.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
NY used to have that law about selling booze before noon as well.

It was abolished in like 1992 or some silly poo poo but still doesn't stop olds from complaining about other people buying beer on Sunday.

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123
Why can’t we all just be like California and be able to buy booze anywhere with a liquor license any day of the week? People are day drinking in wine country starting at like 10am.

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERFUCKER!

infraboy posted:

Why can’t we all just be like California and be able to buy booze anywhere with a liquor license any day of the week? People are day drinking in wine country starting at like 10am.
Yeah but we still can't buy liquor past 2AM, even in a grocery store. I mean that's a lot better than other states but I'm still annoyed about that.

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!

BeAuMaN posted:

Yeah but we still can't buy liquor past 2AM, even in a grocery store.

yeah, nightlife in california sucks, coming from europe or even nyc where I'd go home from a nightclub at 6 or 7 am, here 2 am and that's it

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123
A lot of states have those boooze curfews not just California though, there was talk of extending it to 3am or something for San Francisco but it fell through, we can still sell cocktails to-go though

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERFUCKER!

Celexi posted:

yeah, nightlife in california sucks, coming from europe or even nyc where I'd go home from a nightclub at 6 or 7 am, here 2 am and that's it
Yeah, but for me it's not even that; I work late, so 2AM doesn't leave a lot of time for me after work.

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011

Johnny Truant posted:

:yum:

I have one of those tattooed on my body and regert nothing

It's been too long since I ate one, though, gently caress
It should upset you that we have matching tattoos.

My Chicago dog is holding a bottle of ketchup because I thought it would be hilarious but it's just gotten me yelled at by Chicagoland punks :(

Original_Z
Jun 14, 2005
Z so good
Huh, it was finally time to stock up on the Kirkland paper towels and right away thought they weren't as big as they used to be, they're 140 sheets per roll instead of 160! With 12 rolls you're essentially losing close to 2 rolls worth of paper towel! I blame the shareholders!

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Johnny Truant posted:

There were pallets of Thai Kitchen coconut milk at my Costco

Were they monkey slavers, too? Was it just like, every coconut milk company? I only saw one article about chaokah
the whole thing is super shady; and not in the business practice side of things but the way it was all just allegation-based and hyper-focused on naming one. they all source coconuts from a lot of suppliers all over (iirc no big coconut milk owns farms themselves), and I would wager they all have virtually almost overlapping venn diagram of suppliers. so it's a little strange that only chaokoh was named in this instance when I don't see why TK would be different.

that said monkey-labor allegations are way better than using slave and prison labor which goes into pre-peeled garlic to probably half the clothing you can buy at co/target/wm and a whole host of other goods and things that no one cares about so it feels entirely performative. but i guess animals get feathers ruffled whereas abusing humans is a-okay.

e: and to be clear, it is very bad. any abuse isn't good at all. but my thing was more like, how come just one brand and not all the rest of them? it's all similar subcontracted from a variety of plantation suppliers that all goes to different factories for processing and canning. seemed a little sketchy that it wasn't listing out almost every brand and just the one.

Xaris fucked around with this message at 03:54 on Jul 15, 2021

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

fizzymercury posted:

It should upset you that we have matching tattoos.

My Chicago dog is holding a bottle of ketchup because I thought it would be hilarious but it's just gotten me yelled at by Chicagoland punks :(

It's upsetting that there aren't more Chicago dog tattoos out in the world, hell yeah tattoo buddy your dog sounds awesome(even with the ketchup :mad:)

Xaris posted:

the whole thing is super shady; and not in the business practice side of things but the way it was all just allegation-based and hyper-focused on naming one. they all source coconuts from a lot of suppliers all over (iirc no big coconut milk owns farms themselves), and I would wager they all have virtually almost overlapping venn diagram of suppliers. so it's a little strange that only chaokoh was named in this instance when I don't see why TK would be different.

that said monkey-labor allegations are way better than using slave and prison labor which goes into pre-peeled garlic to probably half the clothing you can buy at co/target/wm and a whole host of other goods and things that no one cares about so it feels entirely performative. but i guess animals get feathers ruffled whereas abusing humans is a-okay.

Good points all around :hmmyes:

Capitalism fuckin sucks

Costco doesn't

Thank you for coming to my TED talk

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
No ethical consumption, Costco just sucks less than alternatives.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

Bumble Dong posted:

in minnesota there's nobody checking for your membership when you walk into the separate entrance to the costco liquor store. because all they can sell in there is booze. to everyione. DUH

also i think because they can't restrict it to members-only here, the prices aren't amazing. at least, i don't remember the prices being anything special the couple of times i went into the costco liquor store

Lutha Mahtin fucked around with this message at 03:55 on Jul 15, 2021

Bigchops
Mar 13, 2005
Biggus Choppus

Jokerpilled Drudge posted:

Anyone ever try just walking past the receipt checker person? I'd be interested in hearing how it worked out.

Another followup. Someone did this today. Refused to show the receipt for the merchandise they bought (it was purchased) and walked right out.

A manager and LP was called up to follow them to their car, and at their car they still refused to show their receipt. Got a picture of their license plate, but that wasn't needed since we verified that they purchased their merchandise through the security cameras.

Their membership was cancelled without refund, and since memberships are tied to your ID, they are now permanently banned from applying for a membership at any Costco.

Poopelyse
Jan 22, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

Bibliotechno Music posted:

Celery salt is visible at least, but those onions look cooked and it’s missing the sport peppers. Come on, Wikipedia!

serious question: where can you buy sport peppers? i've never found them in stores. i recently moved to california, anyone know of stores that might sell them?

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Bigchops posted:

Another followup. Someone did this today. Refused to show the receipt for the merchandise they bought (it was purchased) and walked right out.

A manager and LP was called up to follow them to their car, and at their car they still refused to show their receipt. Got a picture of their license plate, but that wasn't needed since we verified that they purchased their merchandise through the security cameras.

Their membership was cancelled without refund, and since memberships are tied to your ID, they are now permanently banned from applying for a membership at any Costco.

incredible. was this their first costco purchase?

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Bigchops posted:

Holy gently caress

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Bigchops posted:

A perfect three act Costco story.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

Poopelyse posted:

serious question: where can you buy sport peppers? i've never found them in stores. i recently moved to california, anyone know of stores that might sell them?

uh, in grocery stores? maybe you just aren't looking in the right ones

Bibliotechno Music
Dec 30, 2008

Like giardiniera, they are indeed almost impossible to find outside of the greater Chicagoland area. My MIL on the east coast looked for ages and never found them, despite living in a heavily Italian county.

E: editing so I remember to get and take a pic of one of the massive jars of giardiniera they sell at my church. I’ll look for sport peppers too!

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm
There’s a local butcher shop near me that sells sport peppers (and the radioactive relish). I would look for independent stores that sell “weird” items.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Renegret posted:

NY used to have that law about selling booze before noon as well.

It was abolished in like 1992 or some silly poo poo but still doesn't stop olds from complaining about other people buying beer on Sunday.

heh. heh heh. We can't buy liquor after 7PM and just got the right to buy beer on sunday *checks calendar* last week

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

Poopelyse posted:

I've seen them at Cost Plus World Market. Alternatively, Amazon

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Bigchops posted:

They giveth and taketh away.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Bigchops posted:

That is awesome.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Original_Z posted:

Huh, it was finally time to stock up on the Kirkland paper towels and right away thought they weren't as big as they used to be, they're 140 sheets per roll instead of 160! With 12 rolls you're essentially losing close to 2 rolls worth of paper towel! I blame the shareholders!

I noticed they look smaller but I didn't do a count. The old boss would have never let this happen. "Don't change the amount of sheets in the paper towel roll or I will loving kill you."

Edit - https://www.eatthis.com/news-costco-downsized-paper-towels/

Allegedly is to be able to supply more rolls per resources given. The amount per sheet is the same.

Poopelyse
Jan 22, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

Whooping Crabs posted:

I've seen them at Cost Plus World Market. Alternatively, Amazon

sweet, I'll check there. thanks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal

Bigchops posted:

I assume this person is some moorish traveler of the land or whatever the hell it is too