Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

https://twitter.com/hizakozo_rat/status/1413032462318391296

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

What's that behind my foreskin lad? CHEESE!

Lady Demelza
Dec 29, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
Just lol if you can still tell the difference between Pepsi and Coke once you've added all the Jack Daniels.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

freelop posted:

What's that behind my foreskin lad? CHEESE!

Salisbury Snape
May 26, 2014
While a grain platform can be used for corn, a specialized corn head is ordinarily used instead.

Three days off work. Was supposed to start a private job but turns out there if far too much for me to do in five days. Had to punt the work to my boss and take a cut of the profit instead of banking 10k profit.
Time to do copious amounts of mushrooms and maybe do some kayak fishing tomorrow.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
Got my second jab booked for Monday

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

fridge corn posted:

Got my second jab booked for Monday
Godspeed, I just got mine and the oooole sore arm is setting in.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting

Salisbury Snape posted:

Three days off work. Was supposed to start a private job but turns out there if far too much for me to do in five days. Had to punt the work to my boss and take a cut of the profit instead of banking 10k profit.
Time to do copious amounts of mushrooms and maybe do some kayak fishing tomorrow.

i know its probably some london goon but... yeah it bothers me... the 10k marrkup you can only just not manage in a week.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.

Lady Demelza posted:

Just lol if you can still tell the difference between Pepsi and Coke once you've added all the Jack Daniels.

:hmmyes:

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

my builder, the quality of whom we are all well aware, also now, hasn't been back in a month. i loving despair.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
here lies engerland

it never scored

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Locked out

Salisbury Snape
May 26, 2014
While a grain platform can be used for corn, a specialized corn head is ordinarily used instead.

NotJustANumber99 posted:

i know its probably some london goon but... yeah it bothers me... the 10k marrkup you can only just not manage in a week.

A couple days work turned into a couple of weeks. 15m of granite wall to scat out, lay a hardcore driveway and cover in slate chippings. Dig out and remove a couple of 500x500x2400 granite gate posts and set on the other side of the property, rebuild the section of wall/gateway they came out from, baby strip foundations for a big ol' greenhouse and lay a 6x4 foundation for a shed.
Plus some other little bits and pieces.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

people drive on slate chippings?

Salisbury Snape
May 26, 2014

Yep, although it wouldn't be my first choice.
20mm black and white is a lot cheaper and I think it's a cleaner finish personally.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Salisbury Snape posted:

our thoughts and prayers go out to you

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Salisbury Snape posted:

15m of granite wall to scat out

i hear that's hard, on the whole

WonkyBob
Jan 1, 2013

Holy shit, you own a skirt?!
Marmite fudge is good, the balance of sweet and savoury is drat near perfect.

Gasmask
Apr 27, 2003

And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

i hear that's hard, on the whole

:golfclap:

Captain Muffin
Apr 25, 2007

Women like you are the reason this chickens late in the first place.
Yeah so positive covid test in nursery means gotta babysit all day for next ten days and do my work in evenings and weekends. Where's the goddam postman with my fudge. Imagine the quality of software I'm gonna write starting at 7pm every day with a bar of fudge and a pot of coffee.

poo poo I need to order another five bars.

Gasmask
Apr 27, 2003

Captain Muffin posted:

Yeah so positive covid test in nursery means gotta babysit all day for next ten days and do my work in evenings and weekends. Where's the goddam postman with my fudge. Imagine the quality of software I'm gonna write starting at 7pm every day with a bar of fudge and a pot of coffee.

poo poo I need to order another five bars.

hello are you me

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

just leave the child in a chest of drawers or a wardrobe or something

Camrath
Mar 19, 2004

The UKMT Fudge Baron

All orders have now shipped :)

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

My boss and his boss at my day job have been trying to persuade me to coming into the office over the period. I've been putting it off despite having both my jabs.... and now they've both been pinged to isolate for a week. I feel quite vindicated in my choice.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Probably quite safe now they are not there now though.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Places are daft trying to get people back in before vaccinated don't have to isolate

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Go and piss in their coffee mugs. Assert your biological superiority.

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!

NotJustANumber99 posted:

Places are daft trying to get people back in

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
The list of corporations sticking with masks is growing though innit.

That blower guy from the daily telegraph is for sure going to get himself arrested for ram raiding Sainsbury’s with a mobility vehicle over it.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
I have FINALLY been contacted by social services and we have agreed I will temporarily continue in my role one on one in my house and they will be sending me information on groups to sign up for so we can have a fluid and seamless transition period (professional speak like).

I need the information before 5 so I can do my work

she is supposed to be calling me back to tomorrow at 1 for answers on what to move forward with

She has not yet sent me the information.

This is all incredibly time sensitive.

Captain Muffin
Apr 25, 2007

Women like you are the reason this chickens late in the first place.
Ground breaking news! Vanilla Party Cake from Asda can be eaten straight from the freezer (we had too many cakes from a 40th). Madeira sponge with butter cream and plum raspberry jam and icing.

These are the icing boosters to my fudge rocket.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Most cheesecakes are also possible to eat from the freezer, if you have a good knife.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
I magic complained myself an email

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Captain Muffin posted:

my fudge rocket.

:dudsmile:

Gasmask
Apr 27, 2003

learnincurve what happened to ur avvy

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
I irritated a vaccine denier who put covid picture and a tldr text saying “don’t do what I do or you’ll get covid” or something.

I spent a day explaining every time I posed that I was a carer in N95 and that’s how I got covid and then a very nice admin took pity and blanked it.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
I just saw Sandi Toksvig on Hungerford Bridge. She is incredibly short.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer

learnincurve posted:

I magic complained myself an email

Was it a useful one?

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

goatface posted:

Was it a useful one?

It shows a staggering lack of basic job doing by social services like one of the piss poor number of options is horses and a simple “does he like horses” “no he hates horses” would have saved time and yet here we are. But at this point I will take someone doing the bare minimum.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

The_Doctor posted:

I just saw Sandi Toksvig on Hungerford Bridge. She is incredibly short.

I saw Kathy Burke outside a cafe on Upper Street not so long ago, she called Fiona Bruce a wanker.