Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Literally Lewis Hamilton posted:

Lol Vingegaard told Pog that Carapaz was bluffing

no way to get friends in the peloton smh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

It wasn't hard to figure since Carapaz had no problem sticking when they gave it the beans, but was constantly looking like he was in extreme pain.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

BlankSystemDaemon posted:

It wasn't hard to figure since Carapaz had no problem sticking when they gave it the beans, but was constantly looking like he was in extreme pain.

Thanks captain hindsight

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

Yeah lmfao

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
Pogacar was definitely laughing at him as Vingegaard was catching up

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Thanks captain hindsight
Did you watch the same bike-race as I did? Because even the hosts were talking about it.
If you understand Danish, I can probably put the recording of it somewhere.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Cavendish looks a little stiff.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

I'm gonna need Carapaz do drop out of the podium spots somehow. Everything else is fine with me.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
Did Crapapaz get on the wrong program or is British cycling clean now since the doping bust?

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
They're just a bit confused because doping works on the 4 year Olympic cycle.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

I’m waiting for one of the NBC commenters to accidentally[?] compare Pog to Armstrong

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

goatface posted:

They're just a bit confused because doping works on the 4 year Olympic cycle.

Serena Williams skipped the Olympics. Very interesting!

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
https://twitter.com/ammattipyoraily/status/1415375979925606407

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Managed to avoid the result until now and watched the last 40k. Lmao carapaz, was so obvious he was faking and I'm glad vingegard beat him. Ride of the day for me was gaudu, thought he was going to abandon on ventoux but plugged away to be the best of the rest.

Also bring back orla

Loving Africa Chaps fucked around with this message at 23:05 on Jul 14, 2021

TengenNewsEditor
Apr 3, 2004

yes i'm here for the Tour de France
my name? uh... Pierre... Le Tour

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
oh so that's why they didn't take Padun

https://twitter.com/roadcc/status/1415600755852075009?s=19

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe

Cyclingnews posted:

Movistar were also at the same hotel in Pau but they were not visited by the authorities.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

It's not the tour without a police raid. Maybe the police were annoyed they weren't uploading to Strava?

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

https://www.cyclingnews.com/features/philippa-york-carapaz-bluff-was-an-epic-fail/

:hmmyes:

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Love it

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Oh hell yea

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

As a follow-up to that tweet, the French prosecutor has now said it's a preliminary investigation into doping allegations - although I don't know how much stock to put in that, as it's apparently the very same prosecutor who did exactly the same last year with another team (I forget who), and absolutely nothing but a few columnist articles came out of that.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
That was the Arkea-Samsic raid, yeah

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

The Arkea-Samsic investigation blew up faster than Nairo

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

Not sure why allegations of doping are a police matter, but it's France, I guess

HappyCamperGL
May 18, 2014

Komet posted:

Not sure why allegations of doping are a police matter, but it's France, I guess

Doping is a criminal offence is France. Also the substances involves are often controlled

Eg festina was uncovered as the team were smuggling stuff across the border iirc.

HappyCamperGL fucked around with this message at 14:37 on Jul 15, 2021

Heliosicle
May 16, 2013

Arigato, Racists.

Komet posted:

It seems like most of the effective anti doping initiatives (in cycling at least) have come about thanks to the police

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Komet posted:

this (the idea that it was harder for French teams to dope because it was a police matter) was why for a while you had the whole "deux vitesses" meme and French teams were absolute garbage from like the late 90s to the early 2010s at least.

it's actually sad to see how bad the French teams like Credit Agricole are in like the 2007 Tour. Christoph Moreau :france:

Feels Villeneuve fucked around with this message at 14:42 on Jul 15, 2021

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

HappyCamperGL posted:

Doping is a criminal offence is France. Also the substances involves are often controlled

Eg festina was uncovered as the team were smuggling stuff across the border iirc.

I’m guessing it’s a criminal offense in almost every country as the drugs are almost always controlled substances being used outside of their designed usage

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
I hope Matej goes full Floyd Landis and becomes a legend.

HappyCamperGL
May 18, 2014

I’m guessing it’s a criminal offense in almost every country as the drugs are almost always controlled substances being used outside of their designed usage

It's like a specific statute that criminalises WADC violations. So I assume would cover even OTC stuff that's prohibited by WADA.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Latour and Alaphillippe are having a competition to see who can ride in the most French manner possible.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
More of a sporting fraud offence than a drug use offence?

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Want to see someone punch a spectator. Haven't seen one for a bit

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
RIP Uran

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Ah, Julian got caught, no more dancing off the front.

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
Rusty and Badwout just wobbling into the crowd

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Love Luz Ardiden. Reminds me of how many great Pyrenees finishes haven't been used forever because whatever ski resort is there doesn't want to pay for a finish or whatever. Superbagneres hasn't been used since like 1989! Hautacam barely gets used anymore!

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I wonder if pog is enjoying his tow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream
Nice of ineos to do all this work for pog