Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
tfw you spend like $200 on a headset and then can't hear someone because they walked up stairs in tarkov

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orv
May 4, 2011

IronicDongz posted:

tfw you spend like $200 on a headset and then can't hear someone because they walked up stairs in tarkov

Yeaaaah, the headset will help but only so far as Tarkov's sound works. For me getting a better headset helped me track people and pick out sounds better in Tarkov and then shortly after it made me realize how incredibly bad Tarkov's sound is, moreso than I already had. But it'll also work on other sound dependent games of which there are more and more every year.

Plus as someone who did persist solely on lovely gaming headsets for many years, owning actually decent headphones was absolutely revelatory In a "Music can sound this good?" sense and I want anyone else who is doing the same buy a $50 headset, wait for it to break, buy another shuffle to be able to have that experience.

Orv fucked around with this message at 19:03 on Jul 18, 2021

Raymond T. Racing
Jun 11, 2019

Wrr posted:

Thank you all for the headphone recs! I'll start doing my shopping soon. I'm eyeing one that does not have a built in mic, like the ADX series cause they look great. I have a Blue Yeti for my desktop mic which is fantastic so I'm not worried about that.

Right now I'm just using my SoundPEATS, which is what I use for music and walking around and work purposes (these things are a excellent for being able to put one in and have comms with a coworker as we troubleshoot various parts of a transmission line or something).

If you're using Bluetooth headphones make sure you're using the media profile, not handsfree, since Bluetooth only supports two audio streams, having the microphone enabled on the Bluetooth headphones results in you getting mono audio.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
tarkov sound is way better than most gamesm which makes the ways it falls over more noticeable w stuff like verticality

Orv
May 4, 2011
I would argue that Tarkov has incredible sound design but the actual engine is trash, though getting slowly better. Verticality, distance and occlusion all have major problems.

Incoming Chinchilla
Apr 2, 2010
I played Warzone for a few months with some friends and it made me appreciate the sound in Tarkov. Someone can be walking on your head in that game and you wouldn't hear them.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
warzone sound design is that every single sound no matter what source is mixed to be phsyically punching you in theh ear

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before
The Tarkov sound engine is dogshit even if the sound design is good.

Condoleezza Nice!
Jan 4, 2010

Lite som Robin Hood
fast inte
God drat it why can't I find a phase control relay anymore?! I just need two of them!

Orv
May 4, 2011
I was drowning in the things last wipe so they probably tuned em too far down.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

My god I swear sometimes my brain short circuits and compels me to fire center-mass when I know drat well I'm loaded with magnum and the legs would be swiss cheese in two shots. Why am I like this.

Simon Numbers
Sep 28, 2013

Bussamove posted:

My god I swear sometimes my brain short circuits and compels me to fire center-mass when I know drat well I'm loaded with magnum and the legs would be swiss cheese in two shots. Why am I like this.

Big same

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

abigserve posted:

The Tarkov sound engine is dogshit even if the sound design is good.

dunno. when ive gone back to pubg or warzone or something i start realising wow, i cannot place where things are w the same level of accuracy at all on teh horizontal plane. its pretty good other than the vertical issue.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013

Bussamove posted:

Center of mass as aiming point is one of the hardest things to not do.

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

I used to play a lot more pubg and one thing I miss is the distinctive boot clomp sound when someone was above me

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

sheesh i can't find gpus for poo poo

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn

rap music posted:

I've found two of them this wipe in the Idea front office on the cardboard box in the corner before going back into the storage shelving room.

Yesterday morning I spawned as a scav one minute after the match started and I was right outside the idea office with two grizzly kits in my backpack. I saw the GPU and ran out the front to railway exit by the time the clock was at 38 min.

AntiDepressor
Jun 3, 2011

rap music posted:

I’ve had pretty good luck with the small tech store across from Mantis at Interchange. I’ve gotten 3 in the past couple days on my Scav. The store across from Emercom medical seems less picked over too than the tech stores near Oli.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

rap music posted:

art imitates life.........................

Fender
Oct 9, 2000
Mechanical Bunny Rabbits!
Dinosaur Gum

rap music posted:

I've been finding them somewhat regularly in aisle 10 of the cash registers in Idea. I've found 2 in the last few weeks, and my Tarkov buddy has a couple more from the same place.

Copper For Lyfe
Jun 1, 2011
I lucked out and got 2 of the 3 gpus needed for farming part 4 on back to back woods raids. One was in a stash, the other in a duffle bag.

Ice cream cones is what's holding me up. I've only got the basic edition so I was trying to save my screws for the stash upgrade, but I gave up and upgraded the lavatory last night to craft em. Checked zb14 on woods many times with no luck.

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

Thanks for all the tips, gave me some new favorite loot spots

I lucked out and found two in techlight on a nighttime scav run and hauled rear end outta there

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

welp, hit a wall of all my quests being obnoxious bullshit (getting a bunch of kills in specific gearsets and locations) that i don't want to slog through

gently caress quests i guess

tokenbrownguy
Apr 1, 2010

The shoreline ones are pretty fun to play tarkov as essentially a podcast / movie game. Just hop in the bushes overlooking the tunnel / river extracts and put on your fav degenerate media.

Chill and enjoy until you hear footsteps or see movement, blast 'em, loot, extract, repeat.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Has anyone else been encountering more and more "Anticheat connection failed" errors this wipe? I swear, almost every time I go out as a Scav it's like 10 minutes on the dot before I get one. I even switched ISPs for a bit to check if it was that but nope, still disconnects into game crashes all day.

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

got some kills for the shotgun customs quest but I was wearing the wrong hat

Wrr
Aug 8, 2010

A cool thing about playing USEC on the Tarkov singleplayer mod is that all the AI USEC PMCs emote when you first shoot then complaining and telling you to stop shooting and it makes them all sound like whiney gamers

NJersey
Dec 1, 2008

Wrr posted:

A cool thing about playing USEC on the Tarkov singleplayer mod is that all the AI USEC PMCs emote when you first shoot then complaining and telling you to stop shooting and it makes them all sound like whiney gamers

I tend to follow them around until they get killed, looting their kills unless they start looting first. Then I execute them and loot both bodies.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Tweak the settings to they're hostile. I mean its tarkov :v:

NJersey
Dec 1, 2008

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Tweak the settings to they're hostile. I mean its tarkov :v:

Finally got the mods working, loot spawning how I like it and removed the fog on interchange yesterday. I’m probably gonna make the USEC hostile tonight, stop loving with all the mod setting and just start playing for keeps.

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

End of the fiscal year, bitch.
MP's got time to order pens for year year, hooah?

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made

Lipstick Apathy
…they have a version where you can play with non-hostile PMCs? That’s basically a scavenger hunt but you have a gun for no reason. What’s the appeal?

Wrr
Aug 8, 2010

Oh drat I didn't know I could change that. Half the time I'm walking up behind them and just cap them in the back of the head, I can't tell if the AI can hear me sprinting around like a madman or not. Absolutely going to be building up some training scars here, although I am getting way better at insta-gunning down fools.

Also decided to stop spawning in Hoards of Impossible AI. As cool as it is to have dudes to constantly shoot, its murdering my framerate and also half the time the exfil is camped by a wall of a dozen scavs to instagib me.

Is the loot model defaulting to being extremely generous? I'm seeing things I almost never see in real-world servers, like intel and tank batteries.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

The last version I tried had some pretty good mods for the bots, that made them surprisingly lethal, mostly by making much more liberal with the use of full-auto.

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012
Crack open the configs and you can do whatever you want with the AI. Larger groups of PMC’s, more guards for bosses, random raider spawns halfway through a raid etc etc

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

For clarity’s sake this is all for the fan made the single player server emulator. It’s not possible to change this kinda stuff on the actual live MP game. :v:

NJersey
Dec 1, 2008

Wrr posted:

Also decided to stop spawning in Hoards of Impossible AI. As cool as it is to have dudes to constantly shoot, its murdering my framerate and also half the time the exfil is camped by a wall of a dozen scavs to instagib me.

Is the loot model defaulting to being extremely generous? I'm seeing things I almost never see in real-world servers, like intel and tank batteries.

Depending on what map and what I'm trying to do I usually just do Hard and High.
I had to drastically increase the global loot number because I was seeing 0 loose loot on the default settings. Now I'm seeing a ton of stuff but it's not crazy rare stuff or out of place items. Maybe see what you're numbers are at and bring it down, they may not be default.

AI is pretty good and funny, I've had multiple raids where a scav must be roleplaying as 1001 dicks or whatever the cheaters name in this thread is, just waiting for me at the factory exit.

There's a mod that add like 1600+ quests...tried it and it took forever to load eft to the point I just removed it.

Ereshkigal's mods are all I'm using and with some tweaks, it's just the tarkov experience I'm looking for.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013

Fender posted:

I've been finding them somewhat regularly in aisle 10 of the cash registers in Idea. I've found 2 in the last few weeks, and my Tarkov buddy has a couple more from the same place.

Thanks! I checked and boom, first attempt.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Kikas posted:

Has anyone else been encountering more and more "Anticheat connection failed" errors this wipe? I swear, almost every time I go out as a Scav it's like 10 minutes on the dot before I get one. I even switched ISPs for a bit to check if it was that but nope, still disconnects into game crashes all day.
have never gotten this error any wipe

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn

Kikas posted:

I had this happen once this wipe when loading into a game as a scav. It eventually let me rejoin the game and I haven't seen it since.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
ultra medical storage key is pretty good huh

e: I'm now 2 for 2 on finding ledx in there

LazyMaybe fucked around with this message at 05:48 on Jul 22, 2021