Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

DarkstarIV posted:

MOTYC: Mens MITB, MITB 2021.

Match loving ruled and the right man won. Absolutely worth watching this match.

This. Fantastic spectacle

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

DarkstarIV posted:

this was the best wwe match since sasha/bianca at mania. nth

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

DarkstarIV posted:

Nth.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

DarkstarIV posted:

Dango Bango posted:

HM: Charlotte Flair vs. Rhea Ripley - WWE Money in the Bank - 7/18

Nth

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

DarkstarIV posted:

Nth

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

fez_machine posted:

MOTYC: CHOCOPRO #138: TropiKawaild (Yunamon & SAKI) VS Best Bros (Baliyan Akki & Mei Suruga)

It's a Best Bros match against a great challenger with something at stake, of course it was going to be amazing.

nth

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Shoot this guy in the face.

Fallen Rib

DarkstarIV posted:

WMOTYC: Womens MITB match, MITB 2021

Nikki ASH won in the dumbest way possible and she was by far the least over woman in a match that involved loving Natalya and Tamina.

Edward Mass posted:

MOTYC: WWE feed vs. Peacock (18 July 2021)

DarkstarIV posted:

Nth to all of these.

Macksy
Oct 20, 2008
WMOTY edge vs roman reigns money in the bank 2021 I made a huge mistake deciding to watch this bullshit it went onj forever and it's still not over as i write this gently caress off roman sucks hard

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Macksy posted:

WMOTY edge vs roman reigns money in the bank 2021 I made a huge mistake deciding to watch this bullshit it went onj forever and it's still not over as i write this gently caress off roman sucks hard

Yup. Very good sleeping aid if that's what you need though.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Macksy posted:

This match was an eternity. Nth.

e: oh dammit I didn't realize this was a mid-match nomination. My post was after the match.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
WMOTYC Edge/Roman, from the ppv

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Macksy posted:

I waited to NTH until the match was over but that was such overbooked garbage. Lame loving match.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

WMOTY: Edge vs Roman Reigns, WWE Money in the Bank 18/7

What a boring plodding mess, Christian & Matt Hardy had a great old man match on tv last week but this is the poo poo that Edge and Roman served up on PPV.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Macksy posted:

Nth. Edge is ruining his case for the Hall of Fame.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Testekill posted:

What a boring plodding mess, Christian & Matt Hardy had a great old man match on tv last week but this is the poo poo that Edge and Roman served up on PPV.

nth total dogshit start to finish

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Additionally

WMOTYC: Bobby Lashley vs Kofi Kingston, WWE Money in the Bank 18/7

I know that we've given MOTY noms to squashes before but this was purely Lashley murdering Kofi for 8 minutes all so they can do Bobby vs Goldberg at Summerslam. It wouldn't have gotten a nom if we'd gotten a decent main event to balance it out but both world title matches were awful in different ways. There wasn't even anything like Lesnar running into the ring post and there being a hope spot

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

Testekill posted:

nth. very boring.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
WMOTYC: Women's MITB
HM: Charlotte Flair vs. Rhea Ripley
WMOTYC: Roman Reigns vs. Edge

And I'll be the jerk and say MOTYC: Bobby Lashley vs. Kofi Kingston. It loving ruled, sorry not sorry.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I didn't count the nominations for Roman/Edge that apparently got made before the match ended, but it still has enough to make WMOTYC regardless.

fez_machine posted:

MOTYC: CHOCOPRO #138: TropiKawaild (Yunamon & SAKI) VS Best Bros (Baliyan Akki & Mei Suruga)

It's a Best Bros match against a great challenger with something at stake, of course it was going to be amazing.

What was the date on this show? July 18th?

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Jerusalem posted:

I didn't count the nominations for Roman/Edge that apparently got made before the match ended, but it still has enough to make WMOTYC regardless.

What was the date on this show? July 18th?

7/19 JST

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Thanks!

Chewybiteems
Mar 16, 2009

DarkstarIV posted:

Nth. I would be perfectly fine showing this match to someone who doesn't watch pro wrestling and demands to see one match to understand it's appeal. Everyone beat the piss out of each other, every wrestle man got at least one marquee spot. Right man won off an incredible spot and the crowd erupted. So much fun and reminds you that when everyone isn't being booked into oblivion (which is 95% of the time) WWE has a world-class roster.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Main roster has more MOTYCs than NXT :laugh:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

WWE and NXT combined however equal.... Impact..... :stare:

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Impact Wrestling would have more MOTYCs if more people watched it. That’s just science.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Maybe more people would watch Impact if they had more MOTYCs :thunkher:

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
Maybe you should watch Slammiversary and find out why Jay White decided to wrestle there!

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
He hasn't wrestled there yet though, has he? :v:

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮

Rarity posted:

He hasn't wrestled there yet though, has he? :v:

He’s in a tag team match this Thursday

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Rarity posted:

Maybe more people would watch Impact if they had more MOTYCs :thunkher:

I think more people would watch Impact if it wasn’t Impact

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

Jerusalem posted:

WWE and NXT combined however equal.... Impact..... :stare:

speaking of which....

Pylons posted:

Impact Slammiversary 7/17

HM: Ultimate X Match: Rohit Raju, Petey Williams, Ace Austin, Chris Bey, Josh Alexander
MOTYC: Thunder Rosa vs. Deonna Purrazzo, Knockouts World Championship

nth both of these

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

a cyborg mug posted:

I think more people would watch Impact if it wasn’t Impact

the commentary is abysmal

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
Also, just for the record, Trey Miguel was in the X-Division match as well.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Jonny Nox posted:

speaking of which....

I stand corrected. WWE main roster and NXT combined now make up.... 3/4ths of the MOTYCs of Impact!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Speaking of speaking of which.... we're over halfway through the year, and here's a bunch of matches that didn't quite hit the threshold for MOTYCs or WMOTYCs!

Matches in bold are very close to making the threshold!

(ALMOST) Best Matches of the Year:

01/01 | Emi Sakura vs. Antonio Honda vs. Rin Rin vs. Obihiro Sayaka vs. Chon Shiryu in a New Year's Deathmatch - Gatoh Move/ChocoPro #77 (4 votes)
01/04 | Hiromu Takahashi vs. El Phantasmo - NJPW Wrestle Kingdom 15 Night 1 (5 votes)
01/11 | Mei Suruga vs. Shinno Hagane - Gatoh Move/ChocoPro LIVE #80 (4 votes)
01/23 | Suzu Suzuki (C) vs. Tsukasa Fujimoto for the ICE×∞ Title - Ice Ribbon #1095 Winter Story (4 votes)
01/25 | Kota Ibushi, Hiroshi Tanahashi & SHO vs. SANADA, Shingo Takagi & Hiromu Takahashi - NJPW Road to the New Beginning (6 votes)
02/09 | UNCHAIN (Jun Kasai & Kenji Fukimoto) vs. E.R.E. (Masashi Takeda & Takayuki Ueki) - FREEDOMS Go Beyond the Limit (4 votes)
02/10 | Nanae Takahashi & Arisa Nakajima vs. Momo Watanabe & Saya Iida - SEAdLINNNG Shibkiba Night (5 votes)
02/10 | Hiromu Takahashi (C) vs. SHO for the IWGP Junior Heavyweight Championship - NJPW New Beginning in Hiroshima (4 votes)
02/11 | Kota Ibushi (C) vs. SANADA for the IWGP Heavyweight and Intercontinental Championships - NJPW New Beginning in Hiroshima (5 votes)
02/12 | Kenoh vs. Masakatsu Funaki for the GHC National Title - NOAH Destination 2021 ~ Back To Budokan (4 votes)
02/23 | Eruption(c) (Kazusada Higuchi and Yukio Sakaguchi) vs. Sauna Club (Konosuke Takeshita and MAO) - DDT Friendship, Hard Work, Victory in Nagoya (4 votes)
02/26 | Jon Moxley (C) vs. KENTA for the IWGP United States Heavyweight Championship - NJPW New Beginning USA (6 votes)
02/28 | Yuka Sakazaki vs. Ryo Mizunami - AEW Women's World Championship Eliminator Tournament (5 votes)
03/03 | Mayu Iwatani vs. Yoshiko - Stardom All Star Dream Cinderella (4 votes)
03/03 | Giulia (C) vs. Tam Nakano in a Hair vs. Hair match for the Wonder Of Stardom Championship - Stardom All Star Dream Cinderella (5 votes)
03/07 | Shun Skywalker vs. Kaito Ishida for the Open the Dream Gate Championship - Dragon Gate Championship Gate Night 2 (4 votes)
03/18 | Switchblade Jay White vs. David Finlay in the New Japan Cup Quarterfinals - NJPW New Japan Cup (5 votes)
03/29 | Ryo Mizunami vs. KiLynn King - AEW Dark Elevation (6 votes)
04/04 | Suzuki-Gun (Yoshinobu Kanemaru & El Desperado) (C) vs. Roppongi 3K (SHO & YOH) for the IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Tag Titles - NJPW Sakura Genesis (4 votes)
04/04 | Kota Ibushi (C) vs. Will Ospreay for the IWGP World Heavyweight Championship - NJPW Sakura Genesis (6 votes)
04/09 | Arez, Black Taurus & Gringo Loco vs. Aramis, Dragon Bane & Laredo Kid - GCW Presents rSpring Break (5 votes)
04/10 | ERUPTION (Higuchi & Sakaguchi) vs. SMILE PISSARI (Okabayashi & HARASHIMA) - DDT April Fool (4 votes)
04/17 | Best Bros (C) vs. Chango and Psycho for the Asia Dream Tag Titles - GatohMove/ChocoPro 108 (5 votes)
04/26 | Suzu Suzuki vs. Masashi Takeda - Ice Ribbon Spring is Short, So You Maidens Should Fight (4 votes)
04/26 | SANADA vs. Aaron Henare - NJPW Road to Wrestling Dontaku (4 votes)
04/28 | Orange Cassidy vs. Penta El Cero Miedo - AEW Dynamite (4 votes)
05/15 | Abismo Negro Jr vs. Aramis vs. El Hijo del Vikingo vs. Latigo vs. Villano III Jr - AAA (4 votes)
05/26 | Citrus Wind (Nanae Takahashi & Arisa Nakajima) (C) vs. Las Fresas de Egoistas (ASUKA & Makoto) for the Beyond the SEA Tag Team Championship - SEAdLINNNG Shinkiba Night (4 votes)
05/30 | Best Bros, EGG TART, Beauty As Is, Othello, Chon Shiryu & Lulupencil, and X (Mystery Team) in a Gauntlet Match - Gatoh Move/Chocopro (6 votes)
06/03 | Kzy vs. Kota Minoura - Dragon Gate King of Gate Finals at Korakeun (4 votes)
06/06 | Jun Akiyama (C) vs. HARASHIMA for the KO-D Openweight Championship - CyberFight Festival 2021 (5 votes)
06/11 | The Young Bucks & Brandon Cutler vs. Penta El Zero M, PAC & Eddie Kingston - AEW Dynamite (4 votes)
06/12 | Utami Hayashishita (C) vs. Syuri for the World of Stardom Championship - Stardom Dream Cinderella (6 votes)
06/17 | NEO Biishiki Gun (Sakisama & Mei Saint-Michel) (C) vs 121000000 (Miyu Yamashita & Maki Itoh) for the Princess Tag titles - TJPW Additional Attack (5 votes)
06/19 | Miu Watanabe vs. Pom Harajuku vs. Hyper Misao - TJPW Spring Tour ~ The Bullet ~ (5 votes)
06/20 | Konosuke Takeshita vs. Mao - DDT King of DDT Round 2 (4 votes)
06/20 | HARASHIMA vs. Yuji Hino - DDT King of DDT Round 2 (4 votes)
06/26 | Shinya Aoki (C) vs. Chris Brookes vs. Shunma Katsumata vs. Yukio Naya for the Ironman Heavymetalweight Title - DDT Shiro no Yu Presents Shiro no Yu Street Wrestling (4 votes)
07/01 | Miyu Yamashita vs. Maiumi Mirai in a UWF rules match - TJPW Inspiration (6 votes)
07/01 | SHO vs. Takanori Ito - GLEAT Ver. 1 (4 votes)
07/01 | Tomohiro Ishii vs. Yuji Nagata - NJPW Kizuna Road (4 votes)
07/04 | The Brahman Brothers vs. Gabai ji-chan & Kikutaro - FMWE Independence Day (5 votes)
07/06 | Fuego Del Sol & Marko Stunt vs. Baron Black & Ryzin - AEW Dark (4 votes)
07/11 | Momo no Seishun (Daisuke Harada and Hajime Ohara) (C) vs. Kongoh (Haoh and Tadasuke) for the GHC Jr Tag Team Championships - NOAH Cross Over 2021 in Sendai (6 votes)
07/11 | Naomichi Marufuji (C) vs. Takashi Sugiura for the GHC Heavyweight Championship - NOAH Cross Over 2021 in Sendai (4 votes)
07/11 | ASUKA (C) vs. Ryo Mizunami - SEAdLINNNG ~ Nane Takahashi 25th Anniversary ☆ ARIGATOU ~ (5 votes)
07/11 | Chihiro Hashimoto (C) vs. Mio Momono for the Sendai Girls World Championship - Sendai Girls Senjo Chronicle (4 votes)
07/17 | Kenny Omega (C) vs. Sami Callihan in a No DQ match for the Impact World Championship - Impact Slammiversary (5 votes)

(ALMOST) Worst Matches of the Year:

02/21 | Roman Reigns (C) vs. Daniel Bryan for the WWE Universal Championship - WWE Elimination Chamber (4 votes)
03/21 | Drew McIntyre vs. Sheamus in a No Holds Barred match - WWE Fastlane (4 votes)
03/21 | Roman Reigns (C) vs. Daniel Bryan for the WWE Universal Championship - WWE Fastlane (3 votes)
05/05 | The Pinnacle vs. The Inner Circle in a Blood & Guts match - AEW Dynamite (3 votes)

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

Jerusalem posted:

(ALMOST) Best Matches of the Year:

01/01 | Emi Sakura vs. Antonio Honda vs. Rin Rin vs. Obihiro Sayaka vs. Chon Shiryu in a New Year's Deathmatch - Gatoh Move/ChocoPro #77 (4 votes)
01/11 | Mei Suruga vs. Shinno Hagane - Gatoh Move/ChocoPro LIVE #80 (4 votes)
02/28 | Yuka Sakazaki vs. Ryo Mizunami - AEW Women's World Championship Eliminator Tournament (5 votes)
03/29 | Ryo Mizunami vs. KiLynn King - AEW Dark Elevation (6 votes)
04/10 | ERUPTION (Higuchi & Sakaguchi) vs. SMILE PISSARI (Okabayashi & HARASHIMA) - DDT April Fool (4 votes)
06/06 | Jun Akiyama (C) vs. HARASHIMA for the KO-D Openweight Championship - CyberFight Festival 2021 (5 votes)
06/11 | The Young Bucks & Brandon Cutler vs. Penta El Zero M, PAC & Eddie Kingston - AEW Dynamite (4 votes)
06/17 | NEO Biishiki Gun (Sakisama & Mei Saint-Michel) (C) vs 121000000 (Miyu Yamashita & Maki Itoh) for the Princess Tag titles - TJPW Additional Attack (5 votes)
06/26 | Shinya Aoki (C) vs. Chris Brookes vs. Shunma Katsumata vs. Yukio Naya for the Ironman Heavymetalweight Title - DDT Shiro no Yu Presents Shiro no Yu Street Wrestling (4 votes)
07/01 | Miyu Yamashita vs. Maiumi Mirai in a UWF rules match - TJPW Inspiration (6 votes)
07/11 | Momo no Seishun (Daisuke Harada and Hajime Ohara) (C) vs. Kongoh (Haoh and Tadasuke) for the GHC Jr Tag Team Championships - NOAH Cross Over 2021 in Sendai (6 votes)
07/11 | ASUKA (C) vs. Ryo Mizunami - SEAdLINNNG ~ Nane Takahashi 25th Anniversary ☆ ARIGATOU ~ (5 votes)
07/11 | Chihiro Hashimoto (C) vs. Mio Momono for the Sendai Girls World Championship - Sendai Girls Senjo Chronicle (4 votes)

I'll chuck all of these a +1

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

You have Chihiro vs Mio in your almost MOTY list but you already added it to the MOTYC list

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

You have Chihiro vs Mio in your almost MOTY list but you already added it to the MOTYC list

That's due to an unrelated issue of me being a dumbass! :sweatdrop:

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Jerusalem posted:

That's due to an unrelated issue of me being a dumbass! :sweatdrop:

MOTYC: J-Ru vs Basic Competence 1.1.2021-19.07.2021

Or no wait, I guess this is ineligible because the match still ongoing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

There hasn’t been one month all year where WWE hasn’t gotten multiple matches with multiple WMOTY votes, and frankly, the streak may never end even past 2021