Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm
When I first found this thread I thought everyone was buying in bulk for their church

I… didn’t fully consider the audience

Edit: wow what a godawful page snipe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

Thank you thread.

I got turkey breast and havarti cheese slices for my sandwiches this week and a hot dog and pizza slice for lunch.

A blessed quick trip. I saw someone had the Momo-san fancy ramen in their cart at mine while I was there, but I just bought a ton of ramen and had to abstain in the face of temptation.

Solvent
Jan 24, 2013

by Hand Knit

Johnny Truant posted:

penises, but utterly cheap

https://costcofan.com/costco-bully-sticks/

It's an actual bag of dicks, utterly cheap. Dehydrated bull dicks. Not rolled up rawhide like I thought.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

Solvent posted:

It's an actual bag of dicks, utterly cheap. Dehydrated bull dicks. Not rolled up rawhide like I thought.

quote:

Bully Sticks are made from beef muscle

lol

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal

jimmy mnemonic posted:

Thanks so much for mentioning this. I had no idea this product existed, I usually ignore this part of the deli case. I much prefer leg and thigh meat to breast meat so this is a win for me. I picked up a container on my visit this morning and am looking forward to it.

Wow I need to be on the lookout for these, that's an amazing deal.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Gatts posted:

Peace be upon Costco

It's praise you absolute JERK

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
edit: what he said ^^^^

Gatts posted:

Peace be upon Costco

It's Praise Be Unto Costco.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Ooooooh I thought it was like the whole Peace be upon the Prophet Mohammed thing.

poo poo I’ve been a bad cult member all this time.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Solvent posted:

Single Ingredient: Bull Pizzle ( aka bull penis)

ah... what

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

NewFatMike posted:

Gotta out myself, what does PBUC mean?

Patting Butter Under Crotches

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

please bring ululating cats

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation
Please buy un costcodog.

durrneez
Feb 20, 2013

I like fish. I like to eat fish. I like to brush fish with a fish hairbrush. Do you like fish too?
https://twitter.com/solomongeorgio/status/1416543409175621633

:hai: :hai: :hai: :hai: :hai: :hai:

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

gently caress yes they do. If they can find those $2 food stalls in Singapore to laud over then Costco deserves one too.

Always worth a reminder
https://boingboing.net/2020/09/25/costco-co-founder-to-new-ceo-if-you-raise-the-effing-hot-dog-i-will-kill-you.html

quote:

I came to (Jim Sinegal) once and I said, 'Jim, we can't sell this hot dog for a buck fifty. We are losing our rear ends.' And he said, 'If you raise the effing hot dog, I will kill you. Figure it out.' That's all I really needed. By the way, if you raised (the price) to $1.75, it would not be that big of a deal. People would still buy (it). But it's the mindset that when you think of Costco, you think of the $1.50 hot dog (and soda).

What we figured out we could do is build our own hot dog-manufacturing plant (in Los Angeles) and make our own Kirkland Signature hot dogs. Now we are doing so much hot dog business that we've opened up another plant in Chicago.

BadSamaritan
May 2, 2008

crumb by crumb in this big black forest

Btw the frozen beer battered cod from Costco is thoroughly superior to like all supermarket fish fillets. They’ve got big, chunky pieces of good fish in them and the batter isn’t just a heavy congealed mass. Would recommend a box for a few family dinners. Had some with baked beans and a veg last night :yum:

Tell me about buying a washer and dryer at Costco. Ours is reaching end of life and I’m keepin an eye out for deals.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

BadSamaritan posted:

Btw the frozen beer battered cod from Costco is thoroughly superior to like all supermarket fish fillets. They’ve got big, chunky pieces of good fish in them and the batter isn’t just a heavy congealed mass. Would recommend a box for a few family dinners. Had some with baked beans and a veg last night :yum:

Yeah the Trident fillets are great. I just eat em straight up with some tartar sauce and a side or two. They are also awesome for fish tacos.

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

BadSamaritan posted:

Tell me about buying a washer and dryer at Costco. Ours is reaching end of life and I’m keepin an eye out for deals.

Fwiw we were looking at Costco for appliances but ended up going with Yale since Yale has their own technicians on staff, if you have an issue. Came in handy when one of the appliances we bought was a dud and they were able to replace it in a few days vs ??? for a replacement from Costco.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I was about to ask if they were alcoholics and yeah, psych units are fun. I've probably spent 6-8 months of my life in one collectively.

When I was in boot camp I went into our cleaning closet and ran into two guys drinking mouthwash.

That must have been a common thing.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

BadSamaritan posted:

I would highly recommend taking a look at heat pump dryer models. They require no exhaust so they aren't heating and dumping air conditioned air outside in the summer, raising your cooling bills, or dumping heated air outside in the winter, raising your heating bills. They also use a tiny fraction of the power of resistive heating models. Only thing you really need to do with them that's special is clean the radiator every month or two, as well as provide a path for the water condensate to drain (you should have that already since you'll have a drain for your washer)

My Samsung heat pump dryer actually uses less power than my washer, and only takes maybe 25% longer than a regular resistive heater driven model.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

McGurk posted:

The mini chocolate chip cookies are soooo good

So good they are downright dangerous. I had to seal the bag and throw them across the room yesterday because I think I idly ate 30 of those little delicious fuckers

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011

GORDON posted:

That must have been a common thing.
It's common enough that I had to stop putting alcohol-based hand sanitizer in the bar bathrooms because the alcoholics that were already in a bar would go through a whole bottle a day.

I know what they're doing in there and it sure as poo poo wasn't sanitizing.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Chinatown posted:

Yeah the Trident fillets are great. I just eat em straight up with some tartar sauce and a side or two. They are also awesome for fish tacos.

Agreed on the Trident beer battered cod being great, but I like the tortilla encrusted tilapia better for fish tacos.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

Gatts posted:

Ooooooh I thought it was like the whole Peace be upon the Prophet Mohammed thing.

I think it’s supposed to be. But you know like all religions the origins are a bit murky.

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm

Enos Cabell posted:

Agreed on the Trident beer battered cod being great, but I like the tortilla encrusted tilapia better for fish tacos.

Yeah those tortilla ones are good. One of those in a wrap with some slaw mix + mayo + 505 is some good low-effort eating

durrneez
Feb 20, 2013

I like fish. I like to eat fish. I like to brush fish with a fish hairbrush. Do you like fish too?

Chinatown posted:

oh snap, i didn't realize that they're Trident product. i'll pick up a box.

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

BadSamaritan posted:

I bought our washer and dryer from Costco 3 years ago. I bought them online, it was pretty painless like buying anything else online. Scheduled delivery, and they delivered and installed them and took my old washer and dryer away.

A very regular and normal transaction.

The good:

They had the best price anywhere on the washer and dryer I bought. I paid 1999 for the Samsung Flex washer and dryer set, which was easily 700 dollars less than anywhere else. Home Depot was selling the set for 3K.
I got a 150 dollar Costco Cash card as a rebate, and a total of 7 years of warranty coverage. 2 years direct from Samsung, years 3-5 through the additional square trade warranty I bought, and years 5 to 7 are covered under the Costco Visa card.

The rest:

Took about 2 weeks to get everything delivered I think. Order has to process, and then you have to schedule things. A lot of places don't actually stock the appliances they sell. There's generally a regional warehouse where these things are kept, and the company that sells the appliance, sends the PO to the manufacturer, who then contracts a 3rd party delivery company to deliver the appliances. The only thing Costco did was process the order here, which is pretty common. Some places will keep appliances in stock for faster delivery, but Costco does not generally. This is pretty normal though, same thing happened when I ordered my fridge from Home Depot. HD sends the order to LG, LG contacts their logistics company, delivery via 3rd party is arranged.

fischtick
Jul 9, 2001

CORGO, THE DESTROYER

Fun Shoe

david_a posted:

Yeah those tortilla ones are good. One of those in a wrap with some slaw mix + mayo + 505 is some good low-effort eating

I picked up the tortilla tilapia last trip and they were a hit, but we're also big fans of the Trident "World's Best" fish sticks. They go great with some Mac & Cheese or in a lunchtime fish taco or as a "that's a surprising and uncomfortable amount of ketchup" delivery system for my kid.

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

Gatts posted:

The terms have been used interchangeably itt and one should be wary of zealots who insist on one or the other. Costco deserves both peace and praise; let us not a schism form.

HOMOEROTIC JESUS
Apr 19, 2018

Verily I say unto thee, That this night, before the cock crow, thou shalt deny me thrice.
there is no 'co' but Costco, and the hotdog is its profit

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation
We snackrifice the prophet Hotdog, so the rest of us may save on bulk purchases and rotisserie chickens.

Lava Lamp Goddess
Feb 19, 2007

Apologies if already talked about:

Has anyone tried the new Costco version of their ready-to-freeze vodka cocktail popsicles? They come in a resealable bag instead of a canister thing now. I bought some on Sunday morning and they have yet to freeze in our half-full freezer. I turned the freezer from “cold” to “colder” to see if that helps, but I assume it’s having issues due to the alcohol content.

I’m not above drinking vodka sugar water out of a plastic tube, but I would really prefer them to be popsicles...

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
Why not put them in your upright freezer?

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

fischtick posted:

I picked up the tortilla tilapia last trip and they were a hit, but we're also big fans of the Trident "World's Best" fish sticks. They go great with some Mac & Cheese or in a lunchtime fish taco or as a "that's a surprising and uncomfortable amount of ketchup" delivery system for my kid.

Anything made by Trident seems to be good; because I'm a goon I buy the fish sticks pretty regularly.

Solvent
Jan 24, 2013

by Hand Knit

StormDrain posted:

Why not put them in your upright freezer?

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy

Lava Lamp Goddess posted:

Apologies if already talked about :

Has anyone tried the new Costco version of their ready-to-freeze vodka cocktail popsicles? They come in a resealable bag instead of a canister thing now. I bought some on Sunday morning and they have yet to freeze in our half-full freezer. I turned the freezer from “cold” to “colder” to see if that helps, but I assume it’s having issues due to the alcohol content.

I’m not above drinking vodka sugar water out of a plastic tube, but I would really prefer them to be popsicles...

They're pretty good. Only 8% per icy and not overtly boozy. The one i got was margarita and it was more an ice slushie to an actual ice pop

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Man, I was thinkin bout doing a costco run today but then realized I had my executive rebate thingie chillin on my fridge at home. It sucks it isn’t just tied to your membership but they don’t do that just because of poo poo like this. Well gently caress them I just won’t go today! *pout*

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

pentyne posted:

gently caress yes they do. If they can find those $2 food stalls in Singapore to laud over then Costco deserves one too.

Always worth a reminder
https://boingboing.net/2020/09/25/costco-co-founder-to-new-ceo-if-you-raise-the-effing-hot-dog-i-will-kill-you.html

well instead of raising the price, they've cut back on secondary. i.e. removing saurkraut, onion dispensers, getting rid of polish dog (and italian sausage?); and then trying more big-ticket items like vegan al pastor, acai bowls, hamburgers for $5-6

i'd gladly pay more for a polish dog with kraut + spicy brown mustard + onions again

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

Xaris posted:

well instead of raising the price, they've cut back on secondary. i.e. removing saurkraut, onion dispensers, getting rid of polish dog (and italian sausage?); and then trying more big-ticket items like vegan al pastor, acai bowls, hamburgers for $5-6

i'd gladly pay more for a polish dog with kraut + spicy brown mustard + onions again

We need Jim Sinegal to release another statement to current C Suite assholes: "If you do not return the onion dispenser, I will loving kill you."

Please, Jim. Please threaten to murder these people again.

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know

Xaris posted:

getting rid of polish dog

We don’t talk about that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Toasted
Jan 3, 2009
My ‘Co has ketchup mustard and relish but no onions and kraut. Been just skipping the dog because ITS NOT THE SAME