Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Skyarb
Sep 20, 2018

MMMPH MMMPPHH MPPPH GLUCK GLUCK OH SORRY I DIDNT SEE YOU THERE I WAS JUST CHOKING DOWN THIS BATTLEFIELD COCK DID YOU KNOW BATTLEFIELD IS THE BEST VIDEO GAME EVER NOW IF YOULL EXCUSE ME ILL GO BACK TO THIS BATTLECOCK
Here you go thread:

https://discord.gg/m8wu6j5b7n

A general discord for battlefield goons. All the pertinent games:. BF4, BF1, BFV.

Skyarb fucked around with this message at 02:30 on Jul 19, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Kibayasu posted:

There are hit markers though?

I think it is the lack of sound or at least compared to CoD.. it was strange. Just something to get used to I suppose.

Julius CSAR posted:

The best thing to do with “server rules” is to immediately use the the weapon that they have banned. No stinger/igla? gently caress you duder I’m using that thing.

It kills you when you get a kill with it as I found out, lol. Who bans shotguns, honestly!

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

priznat posted:

I think it is the lack of sound or at least compared to CoD.. it was strange. Just something to get used to I suppose.

Yeah, one of my favourite things in the current CoDs is being able to set what the hitmarker sound is and how loud it is. I hope 2042 has that kind of feature.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Kazinsal posted:

Yeah, one of my favourite things in the current CoDs is being able to set what the hitmarker sound is and how loud it is. I hope 2042 has that kind of feature.

Hitmarker sounds are like mini dopamine shots and daddy needs his medicine

Shrimp or Shrimps
Feb 14, 2012

Julius CSAR posted:

The best thing to do with “server rules” is to immediately use the the weapon that they have banned. No stinger/igla? gently caress you duder I’m using that thing.

I've been playing on a server that bans frag rounds and has a sniper limit, and if you use either to kill someone, the server kills you.

psyman
Nov 1, 2008

Symetrique posted:

Hardcore isn't really a popular mode, especially with the tryhard pilots. You're unlikely to see any of the really good ones if thats the only mode you play.

I remember Hardcore mode being well populated in BC2, there was a simple HC checkbox on the map selection/matchmaking screen (on consoles at least) and just having that there front and centre was very effective. I haven’t seen the same popularity of HC since in subsequent BF games, where most people use the server browser and don’t bother to change filters. Though in all honesty I only played HC to squish friendly snipers with the Blackhawks on that big map with the windmills.

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

I see a ton of BF4 hardcore servers in the browser every day.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Kibayasu posted:

There are hit markers though?

Yes! And though it's a little tedious, you can customize everything from how big they get to what color they are. Differentiating suppressive fire, hits, headshots and kills is actually pretty useful for finding people in smoke. Man that's a dark sentence.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Customize your nationally funded mass murder in the name of... What was BF4 over anyway, it was like near-near future yeah, yet another Russians are somehow still the bad guys but also China?

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.

D-Pad posted:

I see a ton of BF4 hardcore servers in the browser every day.

Same. I just like regular tho. I did manage to find one without any weapon restrictions and most the maps in the playlist so hopefully it stays populated

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Any hardcore sever that bans shotguns but not bolt action sniper rifles is run by cowards.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Kibayasu posted:

Any [...] server that bans shotguns [...] is run by cowards.

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"

Kibayasu posted:

Any hardcore server[...]is run by cowards.

jisforjosh fucked around with this message at 20:29 on Jul 19, 2021

Clavavisage
Nov 12, 2011
any servers running less than 60tick should be DDOS into oblivion, but 90tick+ is bf4 perfection so your shots don't magically reject from server side authentication

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

So higher tickrate basically means better hit detection? Is there a reason why servers are still doing 30/60?

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
It's cheaper to rent servers with a lower refresh rate

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

dog nougat posted:

It's cheaper to rent servers with a lower refresh rate

Ah okay, that makes sense :downs:

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Exclusively play HC and mostly exclusively use snipers dont @ me

Sgt. Cosgrove
Mar 16, 2007

How about I bend your body into funny balloon animal shapes?

Some bf4 server runs 60hp but no friendly fire and I am convinced it's the best way to play bf4, makes snipers and shotguns actually fun to use.

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

Sgt. Cosgrove posted:

Some bf4 server runs 60hp but no friendly fire and I am convinced it's the best way to play bf4, makes snipers and shotguns actually fun to use.

but shotguns are already fun to use???

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Sgt. Cosgrove posted:

[...] makes snipers [...] actually fun to use.

This is not a good thing. Also shotguns are plenty fun on normal as it is.

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

codo27 posted:

:chloe:

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?

codo27 posted:

MODS!?

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

codo27 posted:

Don't listen to all the gatekeepers bro your playstyle is valid so long as you're having fun, even if I'll probably curse you silently behind the scenes if you end up on my team

Skyarb
Sep 20, 2018

MMMPH MMMPPHH MPPPH GLUCK GLUCK OH SORRY I DIDNT SEE YOU THERE I WAS JUST CHOKING DOWN THIS BATTLEFIELD COCK DID YOU KNOW BATTLEFIELD IS THE BEST VIDEO GAME EVER NOW IF YOULL EXCUSE ME ILL GO BACK TO THIS BATTLECOCK

Insert name here posted:

Don't listen to all the gatekeepers bro your playstyle is valid so long as you're having fun, even if I'll probably curse you silently behind the scenes if you end up on my team

Don't listen to him. You live in Sin and must be cleansed with fire.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSbEX5yK84E

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Insert name here posted:

If you do curse me, it'll only be because you cant overtake me for first place on the team. I'm not one of those hide away in the hills snipers, I'm a run around like a madman capping all the flags causing havoc and grief snipers

Orv
May 4, 2011
You see your honor, I'm not this kind of rear end in a top hat, I'm this kind of rear end in a top hat.

Honestly HC BF4 with a short optic sniper rifle up close is a shitton of fun and everyone should at least try it.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

my intro to battlefield was BC2 HC mode on 360 with friends, sneaking through some construction site and trying to spot/kill enemy snipers. it was fun as hell.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender
I think I'm going to join the BF4 rehype train.

But it's been five goddamn years since I've played it. What are some forgiving weapons to learn for each kit? I think I have maybe 2/3 of the guns unlocked in general.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Node posted:

But it's been five goddamn years since I've played it. What are some forgiving weapons to learn for each kit? I think I have maybe 2/3 of the guns unlocked in general.
Do you have the MTAR?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIV1cvIebV8

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Node posted:

Most automatic weapons with an RPM under 800 or so are pretty forgiving and simple to learn. You’ll lose more close range fights with the lower RPM but you might lose them anyways if you aren’t used to a higher rate. The AK-5C carbine is the very first carbine you get and a perfect starting weapon all classes get access to.

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

Node posted:

Ump 45 for engineer was my go-to for a long time. Pretty good damage for an smg and next to no recoil. Only downsides are that it has a slower rpm and only holds 25 rounds, but those are easy to play around since its so easy to hit most of your shots

Has EA said what theyre gonna show-off for BF2042 on Thurs? Im hoping for a long gameplay demonstration

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

saw this screen when firing up BF1 today:

the QR code takes you to the EA play stream on youtube

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

ScootsMcSkirt posted:

saw this screen when firing up BF1 today:

the QR code takes you to the EA play stream on youtube

It's totally going to be a the rumored Battlefield Hub. The tank outline through the distortion was reminiscent of a Panzer 4

Chikimiki
May 14, 2009
Went back to BF5 for fun, but this game is basically dead for casual play:
- half of the players are level >200, the other half are low level that (I assume) try out the game like me... So games quickly end up a stomp if one team has more high level players
- the gunplay and low ttk is crap... Ok if you can aim and have twitch reflexes it may be cool, but for casual players like me this means you're dead before you can even shoot back.
- enemy player visibility is crap, i didn't like 3D spotting but at least it meant you could see the enemy
- weapon and especially vehicle unlocks are behind so much grind
- paradoxically, vehicles being weak means that they all hang back sniping where you can't counter them
- etc.
So yeah, unless you can spend 8 hours a day to git gud at this game you needn't apply.
Hopefully they won't copy anything from 5 for 2042 :v:

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

Chikimiki posted:

Hopefully they won't copy anything from 5 for 2042 :v:

Lol, you're in for a surprise and not a good one

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

BFV is a bad game but squad revives are a legit good idea

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

The revives in BFV are funny how they are basically grab your hand and pat it like ok buddy you’re good to go.

I think they’re good things the animations just make me chuckle

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Jam
Jul 22, 2008

I miss the gloriously broken ragdoll physics of BF2. Watching someone’s corpse fly a few hundred feet into the air from a direct artillery hit never got old. I’ve seen it happen in BF1/5 if you take enough explosive damage while vaulting or climbing.