Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Anime Bernie Bro
Feb 4, 2020

FUCK MY ASSHOLE, LOL
A KiM ("kibimeter") is precisely 1024 meters.

Base-10 is bumpkin poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fanfic insert
Nov 4, 2009

The Bloop posted:

I tip based on the weight of the receipt

The more I order the bigger the receipt will be

Thankfully you don't have to tip at CVS

How do you go about measuring the weight of the receipt?

Compare it to a standard saltshaker?

Edit; no wait that's not a bodily thing, average sized boogers?

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Anime Bernie Bro posted:

A KiM ("kibimeter") is precisely 1024 meters.

Base-10 is bumpkin poo poo.

Imagine using only the entirety of your fingers and not your phalanges to count your sheep

Must have very little sheep so finger counting is enough

This post made by base-12 gang

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Imagine using only the entirety of your fingers and not your phalanges to count your sheep

Must have very little sheep so finger counting is enough

This post made by base-12 gang

This is a false flag operation.

A true dozenalist would never describe the system as “base-12”.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Based 12

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

I skipped 200 posts did anyone bring up tonal numbers yet

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Don't literally call it "branded for life" that makes it so much creepier jesus christ

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

The dialectical struggle of history has always, essentially, been a question of how to apply justice to matter. Take away matter and what remains is justice.

If Elon literally offered to brand his fans how many would do it

and would elon's boner be noticeable?

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

I agree, we should start calling actors as 'entertainers', whatever the hell that means

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

The dialectical struggle of history has always, essentially, been a question of how to apply justice to matter. Take away matter and what remains is justice.
Also I only tip circumcised waiters because I believe in reparations

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

tokin opposition posted:

If Elon literally offered to brand his fans how many would do it

and would elon's boner be noticeable?

Dethklok's The Gears but it's real and in service of Tesla

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

tokin opposition posted:

This will never take off, just like a plane on a treadmill.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

tokin opposition posted:

Do you tip 10% based on length or girth?

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

getting some weird mc escher feelings from the broken perspectives in this

Jabronie
Jun 4, 2011

In an investigation, details matter.

our great imagination and dream is to live on another planet doing the same exact thing and bringing cars

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

She aint wrong

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

The only interesting unit conversion story is that time we fuckin' pancaked a space probe into Mars at 10,000 mph.

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Megillah Gorilla posted:

People who never intend to sell their homes but are constantly concerned over its perceived value.

but if i sink $40,000 into getting new kitchen cabinets and quartz countertops, think of how much better my pop tarts will taste

Anime Bernie Bro
Feb 4, 2020

FUCK MY ASSHOLE, LOL

The Nastier Nate posted:

but if i sink $40,000 into getting new kitchen cabinets and quartz countertops, think of how much better my pop tarts will taste

the great irony is that actual rich people, historically, would have never given a poo poo what the kitchen looks like

they'd probably be extremely amused if someone tried to brag about their kitchen

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Oh are you allowing me to use the courts? Thank you so much Amazon!

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

i hosted a great goon meet and all i got was this lousy avatar
Grimey Drawer

PostNouveau posted:

Oh are you allowing me to use the courts? Thank you so much Amazon!

It turns out the only thing more expensive than a class-action lawsuit by 60,000 people is 60,000 separate arbitrations.

https://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-uber-ipo-arbitration-miscalculation-20190508-story.html

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Anime Bernie Bro posted:

the great irony is that actual rich people, historically, would have never given a poo poo what the kitchen looks like

they'd probably be extremely amused if someone tried to brag about their kitchen
When we were house-hunting in the Bay Area, we saw this house with absolutely glorious three-story views out over the canyons near 280. The kitchen was smaller than those in some of the apartments I've lived in. The house was obviously built for entertaining, so my husband and I deduced that it was designed for people who had caterers.

I've seen (on hate-reading links) upscale houses that have one kitchen for the servants and another for doing your own cooking.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
Was just about to post that. Amazon discovering why class action suits were invented in the first place loving owns.

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!

sue me in space bitches yeeeehaw

Slugnoid
Jun 23, 2006

Nap Ghost

Mola Yam posted:

sue me in space bitches yeeeehaw

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!
for real though what's up with billionaires and them having cowboy brothers? kimbal musk, mark bezos, and bill koch all love living that cowboy life.

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
its a fun thing for a failson to do that requires enormous amounts of money and serves a purpose for the brother. he gets a custodian for his enormous tract of southwest land, his brother gets a lasso

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents

Mola Yam posted:

for real though what's up with billionaires and them having cowboy brothers? kimbal musk, mark bezos, and bill koch all love living that cowboy life.

If you came from wealth, would you rather destroy the world via twitter or hang out in nature and drink beers? Seems like the billionaire brothers are the actual failsons

Hollandia
Jul 27, 2007

rattus rattus

Grimey Drawer

Platystemon posted:

No one born since the War has actual teaspoons.

They just use table spoons and don’t know any better. It’s like how most “butter knives” are actually table knives.
What.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

I'm sorry you had to learn the hard truth about teaspoons this way friend

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

spoons for tea are big right?

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Arsenic Lupin posted:

I've seen (on hate-reading links) upscale houses that have one kitchen for the servants and another for doing your own cooking.

this is supremely common in actual megamansions now, and also literally every house over like 3k square feet built before 1900

that or they have back stairs that lead to the kitchen from a small, separate part of the house. for reasons :)

Hollandia
Jul 27, 2007

rattus rattus

Grimey Drawer

Shame Boy posted:

I'm sorry you had to learn the hard truth about teaspoons this way friend

Is this an American thing? Because every house here :australia: has a bunch of teaspoons.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Hollandia posted:

Is this an American thing? Because every house here :australia: has a bunch of teaspoons.

We have objects that are called colloquially "teaspoons" that are physically much larger than the unit of measurement known as a "teaspoon", because they're just fuckin' normal-rear end spoons. For some reason the wires got crossed several decades ago and now that word just means "normal fuckin' spoon" here.

A lot of people also have actual teaspoon-sized teaspoons and they may or may not differentiate between the two, or (like we did growing up) just call them "the small spoons"

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

It sorta feels like the moment dinner table setting stopped being a formal thing that women would have to rigorously train on to be proper and ladylike - y'know back when you were supposed to have a salad fork and a soup spoon and a tea spoon and a butter knife and a table knife and all that poo poo just for eating dinner with your boring-rear end white people family and they had to be arranged in just so order or your value as a woman was forfeit - whatever the hell kind of spoons and forks and knives happened to be on the table the moment that stopped being a thing condensed out as the "default" silverware we use now.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Teaspoons are for stirring your tea (obviously), eating yogurt or jello or pudding cups etc, spoons are for eating soup and cereal and icecream.

Slugnoid
Jun 23, 2006

Nap Ghost
yooooooooo why is this video sending me down the uncanny valley

https://twitter.com/CBSThisMorning/status/1417247246257696769

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Shame Boy posted:

We have objects that are called colloquially "teaspoons" that are physically much larger than the unit of measurement known as a "teaspoon", because they're just fuckin' normal-rear end spoons. For some reason the wires got crossed several decades ago and now that word just means "normal fuckin' spoon" here.

A lot of people also have actual teaspoon-sized teaspoons and they may or may not differentiate between the two, or (like we did growing up) just call them "the small spoons"
What are all my other bigger spoons called? They're not soup spoons, they're not round enough.