Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

Been up since 5 with mini and now she’s decided to have a nap and I’m up buzzin on coffee

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Muffin
Apr 25, 2007

Women like you are the reason this chickens late in the first place.
Anyone who wants to fight me about my blueberry stance is welcome to come round and have a go. (Bring portable Aircon plz. I have inflatable Dino paddling pool already set up, we can make peace over Lidl Chardonnay)

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Back garden faces west, so outside the front door is currently Hell. But I’m standing by the open back door and my arms are chilly. It’s lovely having different climates on different sides of the house.

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions

NotJustANumber99 posted:

On site pacing up and down still a bit drunk, just buzzing

Enjoy the inevitable lunchtime crash. Maybe you can delay it with energy drinks idk

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

Captain Muffin posted:

Anyone who wants to fight me about my blueberry stance is welcome to come round and have a go. (Bring portable Aircon plz. I have inflatable Dino paddling pool already set up, we can make peace over Lidl Chardonnay)

captain discount blueberry muffin

Bobby I'm sure I've said it before but it's genuinely great seeing you post pics of the boy being happy

I miss my dog but do not miss the big yawns that sounded like a squeaky door

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
That was the worst night's sleep I've had in ages.

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!

Bobby Deluxe posted:

i can tell you from personal experience he is tryin his best

Well I think he's doing a marvelous job.

And to share, here is mine. She's 6 months in a few days.

It's much cooler downstairs but she still insists on hanging around with me in the sweatbox, also known as my upstairs office. (apologies for the knobbly blinding white knees)

And comparison shot for when we first got her at 8 weeks.

Gasmask
Apr 27, 2003

And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee

NotJustANumber99 posted:

i love you guys im so depressed lol gonna take this fence dude to town

give him one from me, officer, give him one from me

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010

Mega Comrade posted:

Well I think he's doing a marvelous job.

And to share, here is mine. She's 6 months in a few days.

It's much cooler downstairs but she still insists on hanging around with me in the sweatbox, also known as my upstairs office. (apologies for the knobbly blinding white knees)

And comparison shot for when we first got her at 8 weeks.

Dogs do not give a poo poo about the heat if it means being close to the human they love. My two insisted the other day in sleeping on my bed and who was I to refuse?

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

crispix posted:

i had one last month that was too big to even go in a cup, i had to use a cereal bowl

We have a pre-pay gas meter box at the front of the house that needs to be opened to top up. There's an absolute beast of a spider living inside. I guess any bug that crawls in through the gap at the bottom of the box has no chance of escape so it's been dining easy for a while.

Because of all the pipes and widgets in there there's no way to easily get it out.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

relatable dog in this weather

https://i.imgur.com/1GuG4W7.mp4

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Clyde Radcliffe posted:

We have a pre-pay gas meter box at the front of the house that needs to be opened to top up. There's an absolute beast of a spider living inside. I guess any bug that crawls in through the gap at the bottom of the box has no chance of escape so it's been dining easy for a while.

Because of all the pipes and widgets in there there's no way to easily get it out.

Fire

Mojo Jojo
Sep 21, 2005

The office dog is not coping well with the heat. She now barks a lot rather than just jiggling merrily at you for strokes/food.

Life is bullshit when you're all hairy and it's hot

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

GLUPP SHITTO FAN CLUB PRESIDENT
What’s the easiest way to make cold brew again? I think another week of hot coffee will do me in.

Gasmask
Apr 27, 2003

Aidan_702 posted:

What’s the easiest way to make cold brew again? I think another week of hot coffee will do me in.

put coffee in water and leave it in fridge for a bit

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Room temp water in a jug with coffee grounds in the bottom. Don't stir. Leave for 12 hours to brew.
Strain it off, then chill it.
You can brew it in the fridge but it takes twice as long.

If you want it faster you can just make iced coffee. Make a normal coffee, let it cool then put it in the fridge/add ice. But iced coffee and cold brew have very different flavours.

Clarence
May 3, 2012

You all already know this, but everyone with a dog please make sure they have plenty of water available to drink nearby.

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

Ah both easier than I remember. I’ll send you all some delicious cold wet coffee in the post thank you

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

I found out my headphones will blast "LOW BATTERY" into your ears at full volume when they're almost running out. Lovely when your listening to podcasts on low volume in bed trying to nap.

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Clarence posted:

You all already know this, but everyone with a dog please make sure they have plenty of water available to drink nearby.

Also avoid walks between 9am and 8pm as anything above 20c is getting too warm for a walk, especially if your dog has breathing problems.

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

Mega Comrade posted:

Room temp water in a jug with coffee grounds in the bottom. Don't stir. Leave for 12 hours to brew.

If you want it faster you can just make iced coffee. Make a normal coffee, let it cool then put it in the fridge/add ice. But iced coffee and cold brew have very different flavours.

Spoon in your coffee

Put milk in about a fifth to quarter of the way up the cup/glass

Stir really really hard to make a kind of syrup

Pour in milk the rest of the way

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

just keep them in the drawers in your fridge for now

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

Mega Comrade posted:

Never thought about making my own cold brew, just popped some in the fridge for tomorrow

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

Babe please don't dox me

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
These vaccines are makin me thirsty

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
Also I feel like poo poo

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

stick to water imo

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Aidan_702 posted:

What I do is make espresso (well, use my moka pot) and then just top a shot of that up with water and ice then add milk. If you've got a blender, that works even better so you can make a coffee slushie.

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

feedmegin posted:

What I do is make espresso (well, use my moka pot) and then just top a shot of that up with water and ice then add milk. If you've got a blender, that works even better so you can make a coffee slushie.

I just made room temp water with grinds and am chilling it, ignoring the blender and moka pot that was directly in front of my face when doing. I’ll try that tomorrow!

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Clyde Radcliffe posted:

Regular blueberries go from fresh to mouldy in about a day in this kind of weather. I hope those discount blueberries went into the freezer ASAP.

I mean, any berry of any sort should go straight in the fridge, of course, but said fridge will be the same temperature now as in the depths of winter?

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

coffee pods. sugar. ice. milk. final destination

don't think i didn't see the guardian article on iced coffee that was the real source of this conversation though. i know your game, goons

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Aidan_702 posted:

I just made room temp water with grinds and am chilling it, ignoring the blender and moka pot that was directly in front of my face when doing. I’ll try that tomorrow!

It's good to try both. One is a cold brew the other is an iced coffee, they have very different flavours even if you use the same grounds.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
I could get legitimately addicted to those £1 starbucks iced lattes

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
One of our drivers got NHS app pinged while he was out doing deliveries in Brighton and another has a funeral tomorrow fuckshitarsetitwank

Of course since the weather is hot as gently caress everyone and their mother is ordering beer

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting

el dingo posted:

Enjoy the inevitable lunchtime crash. Maybe you can delay it with energy drinks idk

this bit now

Gasmask
Apr 27, 2003

just lol if you drink coffee for flavour instead of drinking it by the pint for a mild stimulant effect

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Gasmask posted:

just lol if you drink coffee for flavour instead of drinking it by the pint for a mild stimulant effect

The coffee I'm drinking at the moment has "notes of stone fruits, strawberries and cream" :smug:.
If I'm honest, I taste the stone fruits but not the strawberries and cream.
The last batch I had was notes of 'Cantaloupe melon and caramel' it was delicious.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

el dingo posted:

One of our drivers got NHS app pinged while he was out doing deliveries in Brighton and another has a funeral tomorrow fuckshitarsetitwank

Of course since the weather is hot as gently caress everyone and their mother is ordering beer

Has someone turned the app on now? It hasn’t seemed to do anything for anyone over the last year, but in the last week, everyone has been getting pinged.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

finally gave in and defrosted the freezer, it was very tempting to get in it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

I HAVE GREAT AVATAR IDEAS
For the Many, Not the Few

The_Doctor posted:

Has someone turned the app on now? It hasn’t seemed to do anything for anyone over the last year, but in the last week, everyone has been getting pinged.

That's cos everyone went out and got covid op