Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

try the new taco place
Jan 4, 2004

hey mister... can u play drums while I sing and play plastic guitar???
I got kinda burnt out on wrestling and my voice was getting incredibly hoarse/gone, so I tapped out of the final session. I kinda want to get surprised by the #1 contender battle royal and the finals of the Homecoming King/Queen thing, too. I'll try to type up a more detailed thing of the first session today a little later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

try the new taco place
Jan 4, 2004

hey mister... can u play drums while I sing and play plastic guitar???
No really who on planet earth wants to see Myers v Omega? Am I missing something

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

try the new taco place posted:

No really who on planet earth wants to see Myers v Omega? Am I missing something

At the end of the day Impact is still TNA.

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

try the new taco place posted:

Brian Myers.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

I bet Cardona is invested.

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
I think Myers and Cardona are actually old buds of Omega from the OVW days so they might have angled to get to work with him.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I suspect something will happen with Myers and either someone else gets added or he's taken out. Weird choice to go heel/heel again instead of to Sabin or something.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I heard Myers was pretty good in Impact?

HidaO-Win
Jun 5, 2013

"And I did it, because I was a man who had exhausted reason and thus turned to magicks"
Impact are going to need their top babyface to take the title back off Kenny after he falls from grace. Maybe that’s Cardona if they can’t lock down someone like Buddy Murphy.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

HidaO-Win posted:

Impact are going to need their top babyface to take the title back off Kenny after he falls from grace. Maybe that’s Cardona if they can’t lock down someone like Buddy Murphy.

I want it to be Willie Mack.

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

the triumphant return of alex shelley

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Willie Mack would be great. Trey Miguel seems finally done with his miserable Sami Callihan feud and is a fantastic wrestler, he'd be cool too.

MJeff posted:

I heard Myers was pretty good in Impact?

Yeah, I've liked everything I've seen from him there. He's kind of a weaselly heel right now so it is an odd match but not because he isn't any good.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Myers was always really good on the local indies before he went back to WWE and spent years being a bad joke

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

Procrastinator posted:

the triumphant return of alex shelley

This is literally the main thing I wanted when Omega started working Impact. Then Shelley had to go on hiatus due to completely sensible reasons.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Impact

Before The Impact:
Sam Adonis defeats Joessa
Petey Williams and Trey Miguel defeat Tony Gunn and Kal Herro
Crazzy Steve defeats Fallah Bahh

Homecoming:
Drama King and Deonna Purrazzo defeat Matt Cardona and Chelsea Green. Postmatch Green says she'll see Deonna again soon
Crazzy Steve and Rosemary defeat Tommy Dreamer and Rachael Ellering
Deaner defeats Willie Mack after Eric Young interferes
Drama King and Deonna win the Homecoming King and Queen tournament over Crazzy Steve and Rosemary

Eddie Edwards defeats W Morrissey in a hardcore match
Jake Something wins a fatal fourway over Daivari, Trey and Rohit Raju
Chris Bey (with Jay White) defeats Juice Robinson (with David Finlay). Postmatch Jay inducts Bey into Bullet Club with a shirt
Moose defeats Chris Sabin
Taylor Wilde defeats Kaleb
Steve Maclin defeats Jah-C
Josh Alexander retains the X title over Daivari. Postmatch Jake and Josh stare each other down
FinJuice defeat BeyBlade by DQ after Jay White hits Juice with a chair. Postmatch Finlay's also beat up
Tenille Dashwood defeats Wilde after Madison Rayne interferes
John Skyler defeats Cardona after distraction from Raju and Mahabali Shera
Mickie James offers Deonna a contract to appear, and defend the Knockouts title, on NWA's women's PPV EmPowerrr; Deonna won't sign without knowing her opponent in advance. Melina arrives
Brian Myers wins a battle royal for #1 contendership to Kenny Omega's title at Emergence

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
So is Impact just going all in on mixed tag teams now?

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Drakkel posted:

They just had the one tournament, like Mixed Match Challenge. I don't think it goes much further than that.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Like... who goes over Omega once Page takes the AEW title in Chicago? White?

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

Gaz-L posted:

Danielson duh.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Gaz-L posted:

I could definitely see it being someone taking Option C. Chris Bey wouldn't be a bad pick at all.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

pac should beat up hangman and ruin his championship coronation and injure him. hangman should have to forfeit the title the very next week on crutches and then pac should beat him up again. death triangle rules over the company for 4 months or however long until the next ppv where hangman gets his shot at revenge but pac beats him clean. pac holds the championship for 5 years and retires on top. i will graciously end my viewership career and you can have your thing

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

Pylons posted:

I could definitely see it being someone taking Option C. Chris Bey wouldn't be a bad pick at all.

If reports are correct, Josh Alexander is in the "big deal fairly soon" position, so I'd expect him to use Option C.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

DeathChicken posted:

Myers was always really good on the local indies before he went back to WWE and spent years being a bad joke

Between WWE runs he wrestled IWGP Heavyweight Champion AJ Styles at PWG for BOLA and I was loving baffled that Curt Hawkins was considered legit enough to both work PWG for BOLA and get a match with IWGP Heavyweight Champion AJ Styles.

And then the match was hot garbage.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

a big Omega-Josh Alexander main event would probably be loving incredible

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Drakkel posted:

They were going all-in on being The Intergender Promotion but then Tessa flamed out so now they're doing this weird half-measure

Also I'm becoming more convinced that Kenny is just vacating the belt, or losing it in like a three-way without getting pinned or something

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

It's only for one Impact+ event, geez

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

Benne posted:

They were going all-in on being The Intergender Promotion but then Tessa flamed out so now they're doing this weird half-measure

Also I'm becoming more convinced that Kenny is just vacating the belt, or losing it in like a three-way without getting pinned or something

Nah you either have him lose to Page and Andrade then desperately cling to the Impact belt or have him lose the Impact and AAA belts and stop at nothing to keep the AEW belt.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
There's also arguably money in a NEVER vs Impact title match. The NEVER title is basically the only belt in New Japan Kenny's never held and Jay can definitely get some heat from that.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
NXT is taping tonight, the two big titles matches have been set for Takeover 36:

Karrion Kross vs Samoa Joe for the NXT Championship

Raquel Gonzalez vs Dakota Kai for the NXT Women's Championship (Dakota is being positioned as the heel)

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://twitter.com/Tarratastic/status/1418035089083191300?s=20

This is kinda tasteless.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://twitter.com/seanthurmond/status/1418050827282010112

Oh no Lee

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Getting to face TNT Champion Miro is like a Make A Wish except it's the wish that means you die.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Huh, I didn't think NXT would go back to taping shows ahead of time.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

Jiro posted:

Pretty sure it's cause they're getting pre-empted for several weeks

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

DarkstarIV posted:

Karrion Kross vs Samoa Joe for the NXT Championship

lmao what
"OK Joe you're back BUT NOT AS A WRESTLER you are my physical enforcer BUT you can't attack people unless they physically provoke you.
No it doesn't count that Kross literally choked you out, because you had a ref shirt on at the time.
Yeah fine you get a title match."

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Miro doing a reverse open challenge for the belt where he personally calls out new contenders is such a perfect fit for this character, he’s doing such great work right now.

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS

Jiro posted:

they had to reshoot a karrion kross segment because of hardy chants

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Mat Men podcast (broke a lot of WWE news lately, including more roster cuts, their date of return to touring, and NXT giving up on the War) says Rock's showing up at Survivor Series Nov 22 in Orlando

November's the 25th anniversary of his debut. Obviously he also has a home in Florida

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Yeah, I could see The Rock going for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
SRS mentioned that all these releases earlier this year would have an important ramification in the last half of this year, so The Rock returning for a match with Roman fits