Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Melman v2

Open Source Idiom posted:

Edit: it's being developed by the IT director guy, Muschetti. That's not great.

EL BROMANCE posted:

Could be worse, could be directed by the guy who did IT Chapter 2.

*checks imdb*

Oh no
I mean he also directed the first chapter and MAMA so eh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Clown!!!! Mimic!!!!!

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

Hulu has an option to add Disney+ and ESPN for $8 per month, total? :crossarms:

No it doesn’t. That bundle is for ESPN+ which doesn’t include the real ESPN. :crossarms:

Edit: to be clear you cannot at this moment purchase a ESPN channel subscription directly. It is only available as part of a live streaming service (YouTube TV) or cable, and Hulu Live TV is not the same as regular Hulu. It is a larger live streaming service like cable.

Also ESPN calling it ESPN+ and not including the real ESPN has caused so much confusion. I wonder what they are going call it when ESPN finally is offered directly.

nate fisher fucked around with this message at 11:52 on Jul 20, 2021

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
ESPN++Good

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Started watching Genera+ion. This poo poo’s real fuckin good

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
Catching up on Dave. The Kareem Abdul-Jabbar episode was loving hysterical, just the way he played it placid the entire time while still slowly ratcheting up the intensity -- and it turns out he worked on the Veronica Mars continuation as a writer too. LMAO. Dude's awesome.

Also reading reddit's reaction to the bromance episode was wonderful. So many meltdowns.

Escobarbarian posted:

Started watching Genera+ion. This poo poo’s real fuckin good

YES. gently caress YES. Finally.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

YES. gently caress YES. Finally.

I was sold by someone posting one of the loving hilarious flash-forward cold opens in the discord (haven’t come across it in the show yet but it’s the one where a kiddie pool is brought in) and I was SO HAPPY to see that they’re a continuing thing across the show. Also, Justice Smith! Martha Plimpton! Curtis from Misfits! This is a very cool cast

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Escobarbarian posted:

I was sold by someone posting one of the loving hilarious flash-forward cold opens in the discord

:justpost:

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
haha I was just finding it to post

https://twitter.com/screamiirene/status/1414721788358057988

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Which should I watch first, season 1 of For All Mankind or Raised by Wolves?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Depends on what you want. For All Mankind is a lot more optimistic and Raised By Wolves is pretty bleak. For All Mankind is definitely better though.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
For All Mankind for sure

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Awesome, I appreciate the input.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
If you're really into t-posing watch raised by wolves first

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

What the hell is t-posing.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

GreenNight posted:

What the hell is t-posing.

When a video game fucks up and doesn't animate a body they tend to do this

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

GreenNight posted:

Which should I watch first, season 1 of For All Mankind or Raised by Wolves?

Can't really go wrong with either. They're both good, grounded takes on space exploration.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

IRQ posted:

When a video game fucks up and doesn't animate a body they tend to do this

Luigi died for our sins.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Azhais posted:

If you're really into t-posing watch raised by wolves first

I burst out laughing the first time I saw that.

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL

X-O posted:

Luigi died for our sins.

Oh poo poo, Luigi died? Usually find these things out in the schad thread

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

WTF

quote:

Amazon’s big-budget TV series adaptation of Robert Jordan’s fantasy book series “The Wheel of Time” has kicked off production on its second season just two months after a renewal order was handed out.

https://www.darkhorizons.com/the-wheel-of-time-s2-begins-filming/

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
Bring on the Seanchen, with all of their glorious Texas accents and samurai armor

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

I'm curious about Wheel of Time. I never read the books and am not about to, despite being a big fantasy fan. I can't do the whole "farmboy who might be the chosen one" thing. But I can sit through a couple hours of tv to see if they've made something of the story. If it seems interesting maybe I'll keep watching.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

It sounds like they are changing who the main character is for the adaptation so I have to imagine it won’t be as cliched, but who knows. Would be nice if they showed anything.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

This is a kind of goofy bit of news, way back in 2014 Victoria Cartagena was on like half of the first season of Gotham as Renee Montoya. She ended up getting dropped from the series as they moved more towards Batman villains. Well 7 years later she's back playing Renee Montoya on season 3 of Batwoman.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
They're incorporating stuff from the prequel novel, New Spring, into the first season which is why Moiraine is going to be more of a pov character that she was in the first book. It's an ensemble story, I wouldn't say there's real a main character.

Also it's real obvious from the start who the dragon reborn is, it's not really played as a mystery. I just wanna see some cool sword and some cool explosions and I really really hope they get to book 4 with the Aiel because them motherfuckers is dope.

e: Rafe Judkins, the show runner, said at Jordancon last week that they should have a trailer dropping by the end of the summer, so it's coming soon-ish.

ONE YEAR LATER fucked around with this message at 22:33 on Jul 20, 2021

Raspberry Bang
Feb 14, 2007

If they somehow make it to the last book I hope that one chapter, you know the one, is a five hour long episode.

mistermojo
Jul 3, 2004

I don't really like The White Lotus that much but I trust you Mike White

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

mistermojo posted:

I don't really like The White Lotus that much but I trust you Mike White

I'm finding it interesting at the very least, they're definitely doing their best to make as many people difficult to like as possible though. I'm super curious to see if the body being loaded on to the plane that we're supposed to assume is Rachel is a fakeout or not.

HOLY FUCK
Mar 31, 2007

Cats are terrifying, everyone knows that! 'Cause they're witches! And they've got knives in their feet!

muscles like this! posted:

This is a kind of goofy bit of news, way back in 2014 Victoria Cartagena was on like half of the first season of Gotham as Renee Montoya. She ended up getting dropped from the series as they moved more towards Batman villains. Well 7 years later she's back playing Renee Montoya on season 3 of Batwoman.

Hahaha wow, it always struck me as a little weird how she just kind of faded out of Gotham. That rules.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

muscles like this! posted:

Goddammit Barry

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

EL BROMANCE posted:

I'm finding it interesting at the very least, they're definitely doing their best to make as many people difficult to like as possible though. I'm super curious to see if the body being loaded on to the plane that we're supposed to assume is Rachel is a fakeout or not.

IMO it's a fake out -- considering the show's class themes, it's got to be a staff member right? I'm guessing that it's probably Armond.

HOLY gently caress posted:

Hahaha wow, it always struck me as a little weird how she just kind of faded out of Gotham. That rules.

When the show got an extended first season contract they chose to cut her character (and a few others IIRC).

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Hakkesshu posted:

It sounds like they are changing who the main character is for the adaptation so I have to imagine it won’t be as cliched, but who knows. Would be nice if they showed anything.

That's due to prequel stuff being included. Wheel of Time has it's cliches for sure but the main character isn't it, Jordan wanted to show how the pressure of being the "chosen one" would break a person and he does not hold back from that even a little.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

GreenNight posted:

So who the gently caress does CNN think is gonna pay for CNN+?

Is the plus to cover more international news thoroughly?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The Glaze as New Patti was pretty inspired casting as he is really good at riding that edge of believable sitcom and really bizarre.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

TV Zombie posted:

Is the plus to cover more international news thoroughly?

The plus is for all the extra opinion pieces

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

IMO it's a fake out -- considering the show's class themes, it's got to be a staff member right? I'm guessing that it's probably Armond.

When the show got an extended first season contract they chose to cut her character (and a few others IIRC).

Cutting her character was a good and necessary decision considering it was part of switching out "terrible drama-bomb fiancee Barbara" for "psycho crime boss Barbara"

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Netflix pushed "Great News" to me today, just hit play. First thought was they were trying offbrand 30 Rock, then Tina actually showed up.

Realizing they started me on Season 2, presumably because Tina is introduced. Going back to the pilot different tone and they correctly assumed I probably wouldn't have kept watching. Liz Lemon with CEO energy is pretty cool, but the rest of this show isn't really landing for me. Overbearing mom interning at kid's job just ain't my bag. My mom's cool, I don't get it.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I liked what I saw of that show mostly because of John Michael Higgins

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
John Michael Higgins is great in that and I was surprised how good Nichole Ritchie was too, she was really funny.