Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

Space Jam posted:

I miss the gloriously broken ragdoll physics of BF2. Watching someone’s corpse fly a few hundred feet into the air from a direct artillery hit never got old. I’ve seen it happen in BF1/5 if you take enough explosive damage while vaulting or climbing.

I remember flying a blackhawk to a beach point on Gulf of Oman just as arty landed, and a floppy carcass bounced across my windscreen.

Truly a battlefield moment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Melman v2
Kolibri!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_ONLwgVVIk

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Fart Car '97 posted:

BFV is a bad game but squad revives are a legit good idea

BFV was a bad game full of legit good little ideas like that.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Chikimiki posted:

- half of the players are level >200

I have no idea what would possess a person to play this much BF5. I don’t see the draw.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

Blue Raider posted:

I have no idea what would possess a person to play this much BF5. I don’t see the draw.

There are a few streamers at level 500 which I believe is the cap. I don't know how to wrap my head around that. I can understand Warzone players having high levels and prestige - I'm fairly sure Jackfrags is prestige 16? - because that game is constantly changing and evolving and pushing new content. Battlefield V is static and not very good.

Orv
May 4, 2011
There are a ton of people who play video games who don't look at them critically at all. And they're not wrong to do so, if you just wanna shoot WW2 mans in the latest WW2 shooter fuckin' go for it, but that sure ain't my brain. Mine's always screaming about "This animation is too long" and poo poo like that.

Orv fucked around with this message at 22:36 on Jul 20, 2021

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"

Blue Raider posted:

gaze upon sheer insanity

Space Jam
Jul 22, 2008

253 days of game time :stare:

Symetrique
Jan 2, 2013

Pic of the tank jizzy j was talking about.

and a scrambled image of valparaiso:

Orv
May 4, 2011
Give me Arica Harbor and Fall of Berlin or give me death.

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

Symetrique posted:

Pic of the tank jizzy j was talking about.

and a scrambled image of valparaiso:

:yeshaha:

Space Jam
Jul 22, 2008

If the leak about Hub is correct, I would imagine Hub will have a completely separate gun/vehicle progression system from main 2042 if they’re keeping guns accurate to the maps from their respective games. I wonder how that will work.

e: oh it specifically says it might just be a sandbox with no progression

Space Jam fucked around with this message at 23:20 on Jul 20, 2021

Orv
May 4, 2011
I believe the leaks have stated that Hub will use 2042 mechanics and gun play and I could see that or it being direct, modern replication of old stuff. The latter is a shitton more work though, depending on how they're planning to support Hub.

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Ask yourself, do you really want to talk to pair of really nice gaudy shoes?

ScootsMcSkirt posted:

saw this screen when firing up BF1 today:

the QR code takes you to the EA play stream on youtube

The reveal happens this Thursday, please don't suck :pray:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EIeQnMKFNIY

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Unless I can drive a carrier, battleship, and submarine into a pacific island the Battlefield Historical Hub will be incomplete and will suck.

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
Yeah, it was a blast hunting the enemy team’s carrier in a submarine. Could get very tense. But there are few battlefield moments quite like putting a full spread into a enemy carrier and then spending the next fifteen minutes trying to clear datum while getting depth charged by an extremely unhappy destroyer guy.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

I don’t remember anyone ever doing anything resembling useful with any of the ships. Someone beaching the carrier so the shore cannons or tanks could freely shoot any planes or people that spawned on the deck was my Battlefield Experience.

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
I could very well be the only person that ever put effort into it. It’s slow, and you’ll have a terrible k/d, but it’s fun. Just takes quite a bit of patience, which is of course a terrible play style for BF lol.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Oh yeah the submarine was awesome, I loved that on the big naval maps.

Playing BF4 after years of CoD the biggest difference is how long the TTK is now, I will hose someone and just turn expecting them to be dead and they will get me back, lol.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Reinstalled BF1 after my Titanfall2 comeback ended in spectacular failure. BF1 is still so good. I know it's complete nonsense, but I love all of its weird, barely functional prototype guns, half of which end up blocking your LOS. They've got so much more character than the same suite of modern ARs you see in every other game.

I am also reminded of BF1's reverse performance history, where it kinda runs like poo poo now.

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

Mordja posted:

Reinstalled BF1 after my Titanfall2 comeback ended in spectacular failure. BF1 is still so good. I know it's complete nonsense, but I love all of its weird, barely functional prototype guns, half of which end up blocking your LOS. They've got so much more character than the same suite of modern ARs you see in every other game.

I am also reminded of BF1's reverse performance history, where it kinda runs like poo poo now.

Are you running DX11 or 12?

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

jisforjosh posted:

Didn't seem to make much of a difference...

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

jisforjosh posted:

Yeah PSA to turn off DX12. It's ultrafucked on Battlefield One and forever will be, regardless of your setup.

Philman
Jan 20, 2004

They did something in bf1 about 6 months into the game and It started to run much worse. It might have been one of those cpu updates to heartbleed or whatever the ghost one is. :iiam:

Is your cpu quad core?

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?
Can't wait for DICE to tell us that Hazard Zone is indeed Tarkov tomorrow

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Alright soldiers, in Shanghai there's a prison hidden underneath the metro station,

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I managed to get a couple buds to play BF4 with me and we had a blast last night. One of my friends plays engineer so we spent the whole round with me spotting and him with the rocket launcher and it turns out the "spot everything for a whole round" strategy works so much better when you have a dedicated engineer to shoot at what you're spotting instead of all the randos on your team just ignoring the easy layup rocket kills. :v:

I just love being a dick to the sky kings by making them deal with a constant locked tone the whole time.

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

THANK THE LORD METRO

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
If they include more of the outside areas I'm all for metro. At least BFV's had enough flanking routes to make the map semi playable/not a complete and utter slog to play through. If they can incorporate those changes it'll at least be alright.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

jisforjosh posted:

THANK THE LORD METRO

hell yeah

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

dog nougat posted:

If they include more of the outside areas I'm all for metro. At least BFV's had enough flanking routes to make the map semi playable/not a complete and utter slog to play through. If they can incorporate those changes it'll at least be alright.

Metro but it's Rush only

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

jisforjosh posted:

THANK THE LORD METRO

was there ever any doubt that Metro would be in 2042?

ScootsMcSkirt fucked around with this message at 16:11 on Jul 21, 2021

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Metro but it's 1872 counterhistorical with the commune having held off the army for a year

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Metro but it's 2242 on Mars in low gravity.

Clavavisage
Nov 12, 2011
metro will return but it'll be like the subway in Warzone and can only be used to get around Hamada

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

Battlefield Hub will be every BF map ever all combined into one and fought over endlessly like Planetside and the only way to get from one map to the other is by going through a Metro map each time

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?

ScootsMcSkirt posted:

Battlefield Hub will be every BF map ever all combined into one and fought over endlessly like Planetside and the only way to get from one map to the other is by going through a Metro map each time

Congratulations, you have described hell.

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

Yami Fenrir posted:

Congratulations, you have described hell.

its what we deserve

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Holy loving flying jesus I forgot about the outdoors (grass side) part of metro. It was only in 3 wasn't it? gently caress rush

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Symetrique
Jan 2, 2013

codo27 posted:

gently caress rush

Mods??