Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Aurora posted:

granolah is being set up as not the arc final boss so i imagine it's possible vegeta beats him

Nah.
I expect Gas to be the final boss.
What I expect:

1: Granolah is unable to defeat Vegeta and has a breakdown due to realisation that he lacks experience and Vegeta may have tricked him into further collateral.
2: Vegeta uses the breakdown to talk some sense into him.
3: The Heeters have found the dragonballs and make a wish.
4: Gas shows up and attacks, probably severely wounding Granolah first. Old Namekian shows up and Granolah realizes he was an idiot.
5: Granolah, Vegeta and Goku work together to defeat the Heeters family.
6: Frieza has a delicious sorbet somewhere, completely oblivious to all this.
7: Granolah dies having accomplished nothing and we learned a valuable lesson about revenge, sorbets or both.

I wonder if one can wish to be the strongest. Get their revenge, find the dragonballs again and just wish for the dragon to take the power back thus restoring his lifespan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Darth TNT posted:

Frieza has a delicious sorbet somewhere, completely oblivious to all this.

Nah, man, Sorbet died five arcs ago. :v:

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I wonder if Freeza is going to bother getting directly involved in any of this, considering all the major players are doing what they're doing because of him.

I also wonder if Freeza's been training at all since he caught the fight bug. He arguably did the best against Raged Out Broly of anyone who wasn't a fusion or an Angel. IE Survived getting the poo poo kicked out of him for an hour

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

freeza's nothing if not durable

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Burkion posted:

I wonder if Freeza is going to bother getting directly involved in any of this, considering all the major players are doing what they're doing because of him.

I also wonder if Freeza's been training at all since he caught the fight bug. He arguably did the best against Raged Out Broly of anyone who wasn't a fusion or an Angel. IE Survived getting the poo poo kicked out of him for an hour

The Broly movie is canon right? I wonder if it’ll be chopped up into episodes and readapted like the other two were if/when the Super anime ever comes back.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:

Burkion posted:

It is time for Platinum Freeza.

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

Larryb posted:

The Broly movie is canon right? I wonder if it’ll be chopped up into episodes and readapted like the other two were if/when the Super anime ever comes back.

Oh god I hope not

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

dr.acula posted:

Oh god I hope not

Me either honestly. I'm personally hoping that if/when they bring the anime back one day it'll be set post-Broly (or perhaps after the next movie they're currently working on).

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Ham Cheeks posted:

was the full potential of SS3 ever explained? or what a mastered SS3 could be like?

According to Toriyama himself in a 2014 interview:

Toriyama posted:

Interviewer: Goku endlessly keeps getting stronger, with Super Saiyan 3 in the manga and Super Saiyan 4 in the anime; does Super Saiyan keep getting limitlessly stronger too? Might we eventually see things such as a Super Saiyan 5…?!

Toriyama: Super Saiyan 2 and 3 are nothing more than powered-up variations of Super Saiyan. After the fight with Beerus, Goku realized that mastering his normal state and Super Saiyan would raise his level more and sap less strength, so I think he probably won’t become Super Saiyan 2 or 3 any more.

That's the only statement on it I can think of. Basically, mastering regular SS1 is better than trying to make SS2/3 work.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Darth TNT posted:

Nah.
I expect Gas to be the final boss.
What I expect:

1: Granolah is unable to defeat Vegeta and has a breakdown due to realisation that he lacks experience and Vegeta may have tricked him into further collateral.
2: Vegeta uses the breakdown to talk some sense into him.
3: The Heeters have found the dragonballs and make a wish.
4: Gas shows up and attacks, probably severely wounding Granolah first. Old Namekian shows up and Granolah realizes he was an idiot.
5: Granolah, Vegeta and Goku work together to defeat the Heeters family.
6: Frieza has a delicious sorbet somewhere, completely oblivious to all this.
7: Granolah dies having accomplished nothing and we learned a valuable lesson about revenge, sorbets or both.

I wonder if one can wish to be the strongest. Get their revenge, find the dragonballs again and just wish for the dragon to take the power back thus restoring his lifespan.

Yeah, this seems pretty plausible to me. I don't think the Heeters will use the same wish that Granolah did (although I would expect them to ask the Dragon what the wish was), but considering that all the Heeters seemed more powerful than him pre-wish, they could probably make a wish that gives them enough power to make them threats to him, much less Goku and Vegeta.

And undoing the wish seems possible if Granolah is popular enough

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Shenron is gonna undo the two ball dragon's wish for free cause he really hates that guy.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Nanigans posted:

That's the only statement on it I can think of. Basically, mastering regular SS1 is better than trying to make SS2/3 work.

Isn't this also basically what Gohan said he was trying to do with his base form in the anime (and maybe the manga, I didn't read it while Super was on the air)?

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

I figure Super Saiyan 3 could be mastered, but it'd be pointless when ki control is vastly more useful as a road to power. SSj3 is essentially Kaioken for the Super Saiyan form, pushing the multiplier as high as possible until burnout. It felt like that with its one showing during the ToP - Goku got so excited he just started to poo poo ki, went 3, realized he couldn't afford that and backed down into control again.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Nanigans posted:

Why not just master Super Saiyan 2? :shrug:

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

the hair is harder to draw

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Electric Phantasm posted:

Shenron is gonna undo the two ball dragon's wish for free cause he really hates that guy.

Imagine only having 2 balls

This post made by 8 ball gang

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

imagine a dragon with ten balls

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Why doesn’t everyone just ask the ball granting dragon for infinite balls?

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Ethiser posted:

Why doesn’t everyone just ask the ball granting dragon for infinite balls?

how many balls do you think it takes to summon such a being

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Super Saiyan 2 is just False Super Saiyan 3.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
How many balls could Piccolo manage for a dragon these days? Surely he's could do more then the old Kami model.

Kortel
Jan 7, 2008

Nothing to see here.

Caidin posted:

How many balls could Piccolo manage for a dragon these days? Surely he's could do more then the old Kami model.

0 sadly, he lost the ability to make anymore balls.

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

This is what Future Trunks does. It gets him to SSJ3 level with what seems to be control on the level of Goku and Gohan in perma-SSJ1 from the Cell Saga.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Kortel posted:

0 sadly, he lost the ability to make anymore balls.

It doesn't make a bit of difference, the balls would be inert.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

TwoPair posted:

It doesn't make a bit of difference, the balls would be inert.

D . . . Does that mean they don't work?

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
Anyone got that nightsoul vegeta excerpt? Need it for a joke.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

this one or some other one?

Kild fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Jul 22, 2021

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Kild posted:

That's the poo poo. Thanks! Might want to spoiler caveman Vegega.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
i think the new look is cool

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

that douj is bullshit for assuming theres a gap in strength between base goku and vegeta

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Vegeta at peak performance. :v:

The funniest part of that, from what I understand, is that Vegeta breaks out Super Saiyan 3 shortly afterwards, completely invalidating Night Soul.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Kild posted:

I almost respect Toyotaro for using the Super manga to make stuff from his fanfic canon.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Nightsoul Vegeta is such a cool name.
Nightsoul

snickothemule
Jul 11, 2016

wretched single ply might as well use my socks
Bulma's gonna love the new look.

Covok
May 27, 2013

projecthalaxy posted:

Nightsoul Vegeta is such a cool name.
Nightsoul

IIRC, someone pointed out that "Nightsoul" is likely just an overly literal translation of the kanji that make up Majin. But I prefer this reality.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Yeah Nightsoul is way cooler than Majin.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Covok posted:

IIRC, someone pointed out that "Nightsoul" is likely just an overly literal translation of the kanji that make up Majin. But I prefer this reality.

I'm pretty sure that's outright impossible. I'm not exactly a Japanese expert but even there I find it unlikely that anyone could get to "nightsoul" from 魔人 (majin, lit. "demon person").

Plus it's a Dragon Ball transformation. It was probably written in katakana even in the Japanese version. ナイトソウルベジータ, I imagine.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I heard it's made up of the kanji for "night" and "soul" :thunk:

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Night soul is the exact name you would use in a fanfic so it’s just that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Nightsoul Sonic