Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kitten smoothie
Dec 29, 2001

slashdot people rolling up to some random microsoft sales office demanding to return their OEM license of windows for a refund

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

statpedia

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

rip ian

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

statpedia is a roaring success, it's getting nearly four new statistics added per month!

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

Sweevo posted:

statpedia is a roaring success, it's getting nearly four new statistics added per month!

you just added a fifth.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Statpedia Ian banned me for repeatedly making a 'Good Beep Posts' chart, said something about stub pages.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

hey!!

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

What is this

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

Volmarias posted:

What is this

it's what happens when your turn your monitor off

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

it's what happens when your turn your monitor off

it would be cool to grow some bad-assed horns

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

Along with some kind of bacon arm and vagina dentate :confused:

Is that supposed to be shredder without armor?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

mediaphage posted:

it would be cool to grow some bad-assed horns

Why would you want pissed horns??

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

horns.piss

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Why would you want pissed horns??

idgi

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

im a fucking monster

Volmarias posted:

What is this

quote:

We understand this is something that has never been done but in 1492 Christopher Columbus went out into the sea and everybody told him he was going to fall off the end of the world but with his risk and passion we now know the earth is round and without his will and guts we would not be where we are today. The point i am trying to make nothing is risk free 16 years ago there was no internet but one man changed that. HEDY LAMARR was a actresses in the 1930's she came up with guided torpedoes for world war 2 she called and called the US army, government but no one listened because she was beauty and she was a actresses. My point is no one can understand vision if it was the 1930's are 1492 would kickstarter be a place to support like Hedy Lamarr and Christopher Columbus.

Sweevo fucked around with this message at 00:11 on Jul 22, 2021

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

:wtc:

Is this a teenager with schizophrenia?

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

i definitely dont understand this vision

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

is this the crimson haze thing?

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

im a fucking monster

ok i thought people might have remembered this one.

several years ago a guy tried to get his game idea kickstarted. the game was called 'Lore' and it was the usual amateurish "I am making the greatest game ever, it will be a mix of <list every then-popular AAA game>, blah blah blah" from someone who couldn't complete a Game Maker tutorial. kickstarter/indiegogo is full of that stuff, but this one was so bad it got picked up and reported in the mainstream press.

so the guy starts posting his concept art and people figure out that it's all plagiarised - his signature enemy the 'manandtaur' is a stolen minotaur image with the forehead replaced with a screaming face lifted from some old game box art, his random mishmash of assets and models are all from free 3D modelling websites or are tutorial projects that come with 3d modelling software. he has a giant ego, can't understand copyright, can barely string a sentence together, doubles down on lying about where he got the images, etc. eventually he is told to draw something himself and post it and he posts Matador Skeletor and half a Manandtaur (because drawing is hard and he thinks he can mirror it to make the finished version). people laugh at him and he claims the images are fine and only look dumb because his scanner broke and the camera loses all the fine details.

then as with all these things people start touching the poop and going through his facebook account and stirring up poo poo everywhere and he has a meltdown and disappears.

Sweevo fucked around with this message at 12:15 on Jul 22, 2021

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

lol. classic interneting right there.

Feisty-Cadaver
Jun 1, 2000
The worms crawl in,
The worms crawl out.
sun microsystems

Feisty-Cadaver
Jun 1, 2000
The worms crawl in,
The worms crawl out.
that one time lowtax removed the Powered by: vBulletin footer at the bottom of the forums page and they came after him for some sort of "license violation" which is why its still there today

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Sweevo posted:

his signature enemy the 'manandtaur' is a stolen minotaur image with the forehead replaced with a screaming face lifted from some old game box art,

"some old game"???

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

the rio pmp300, with the battery compartment that was designed to break open and the volume buttons that weren't quite flush with the outside housing

and the parallel port connector that was designed to not block your printer from being plugged in at the same time

and not having the money to extend the builtin 32MB storage with a smartmemory card and that being fine

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

handheld document scanners, where if you wanted to scan a page you had to do multiple swipes perfectly? never tried one but remember seeing them in catalogs

must not have worked very well because i can't find any pictures of one. supposed to be like the shape of a barcode scanner

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Progressive JPEG posted:

handheld document scanners, where if you wanted to scan a page you had to do multiple swipes perfectly? never tried one but remember seeing them in catalogs

must not have worked very well because i can't find any pictures of one. supposed to be like the shape of a barcode scanner

there are a few in this computer chronicles episode: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_pWdqtcVuo

logitech scanman is one name i saw (starts at 7:00)

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug
The Commodore Amiga

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

Progressive JPEG posted:

We had one of these growing up. It was of questionable value but young me thought it was neat

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

im a fucking monster

Progressive JPEG posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ulccjXS0wPk

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

Progressive JPEG posted:

iirc they worked largely fine, even with the technology of the day stitching the scans up was reasonably easy. its just way more effort for the operator than flatbed scanning, and flatbed scanners were never really expensive.

greg the peanut
Dec 24, 2000

The BlackBerry Storm

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

oh, my, god. Becky, look at her bitrate.
the guy who got the blackberry storm tattoo

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Wild EEPROM posted:

the guy who got the blackberry storm tattoo

the guy who got the zune tattoos

and then didnt he get mad about it

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Progressive JPEG posted:

come on, i know you've seen this image. look at his right thigh:

Quaint Quail Quilt
Jun 19, 2006

Ask me about that time I told people mixing bleach and vinegar is okay

Progressive JPEG posted:

Google drive, create new, scan.
It touches it up and you can smart crop it.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

mediaphage posted:

the guy who got the zune tattoos

and then didnt he get mad about it
it was more cyclists he gets mad about

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

Midjack posted:

come on, i know you've seen this image. look at his right thigh:

lol. read it every time

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

greg the peanut posted:

The BlackBerry Storm

Typing Rhino Furtada instead of Reno, Nevada.

I feel like I'm the only one who remembers how dumb that ad was.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Sweevo posted:

he has a giant ego, can't understand copyright, can barely string a sentence together, doubles down

the "creative commons license" guy