Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

While I’m at it,

quote:

The most insane pro wrestling move I’ve ever seen was that old crazy one where Saito tried to do a drop toe hold off the rope onto a steel chair from one corner of the ring to the other but he only succeeded in pissing all the way down the middle of the ring.

It looked like somebody’s girlfriend had been shoving her fingers up their rear end, and now we were seeing them puke all over the ring.

I think the term was, “cat food.”

So there were quite a few chokeholds from outside of the ring that night, and I was wondering if I’d ever seen more than one

umm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル

a cyborg mug posted:

Pro wrestling has a long history of wrestlers pretending to be other wrestlers, such as

Lol at two fakes Taka and Yoshi Hashi.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
uh

quote:

Naomi was waiting in the ring for her opponent, the returning Eva Marie. Eva Marie came down to the ring accompanied by a debuting wrestler, and the wrestler stomped down to the ring to take Eva Marie's place. This well known UK-based wrestler, Moustache Mountain, Big Van Vader, joined the announce table as the four headed towards the ring.

Now, a wrestler coming into a multi-person match is never seen as a positive in the eyes of the fans, but it's important to remember that this is a strange mix of wrestlers – WWE staples are against WWE debutants. So, the reaction was mixed.

Moustache Mountain were given a very rough time by Becky Lynch and Naomi, as the heel duo took Naomi out of the match early on. Nikki Cross was also

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

quote:

Triple H narrowed his eyes. "Think carefully for me." he said, "Do you want the product to be BETTER? or WORSE?"

"Better" the fans responded unanimously.

"The product can't be better." Triple H said succinctly.

"Worse then." The fans said sullenly.

"That I can do." Triple H said with determination.
"But if I tell the fans that the product has been WORSE, you'll all not buy tickets. You'll decide to be very critical of it. You'll lose your will to work harder, and we'll never have an upper echelon of great workers to work with, like I can do now. So I'm telling you the product HAS been better, and is much better than before, but it has not been BETTER. You're still getting the same product with an extra bit of, "Oh poo poo!" You know?" he continued. "That extra bump." The crowd booed.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

quote:

With ratings threatening to hit historic lows and criticism of booking and writing at an all time high, Triple H announced the new head of creative for the WWE, Dragon Ball Z creator Akira Toriyama, during a press conference in New York City, thus taking full control of the company's direction.

Below is a clip of the announcement:

Toriyama, who won't even be living in the United States for very long, is being brought to the WWE to oversee the company's weekly shows, as well as creative for WWE's weekly DVDs and Blu-rays, WWE.com reports.

Last week, NXT executive producer "The Honeymooner" Paul "Triple H" Levesque named Samoa Joe the inaugural WWE United States Champion

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Hell, I might actually watch WWE if it was DBZ.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

This is a better Raw than whatever was on tonight

quote:

Drew McIntyre was given the chance to challenge Bob Lashley for the title one more time but only if he changed his name to Drewdrop.

Drewdrop refused to change his name and Lashley retained the title.

Another match was scheduled between Samoa Joe and Sting.

This was the second meeting between the two in a months and Sting won.

Kevin Nash defeated Scott Steiner to win the vacant title.

Joey Mercury made his return to the WWF and challenged Randy Orton to a match but Orton declined it.

Next was a brawl between Steve Austin and Ric Flair which ended in a no contest.

The fourth match of the show was scheduled to be a

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

quote:

Elias was in the ring getting ready to perform his new song "Man Down" for the first time ever on WWE television. Elias was interrupted by Finn Balor who came out to deliver a quick backstage interview. Balor mentioned his quest to be Universal Champion and commented on joining forces with Braun Strowman on Monday. Balor said Elias had a song to sing and he was waiting. Balor ran off and Elias was a bit confused. Elias turned around to see the golden child holding the guitar. Balor said Elias could sing it in peace. Elias said he would sing it in peace

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

quote:

This week's Smackdown opened with a promo by Drewdrop where he announced that he was headed to NXT and that from this day forward it will be The Genesis of NXT. This seemed like a tease and got heat from the crowd for a bit.

He reminded the crowd that it's time to get ready for NXT as he headed to the ring. He talked about how he was brought in to create the foundation for the up and coming talent in NXT and he wanted to go to NXT and see the things he created be celebrated. Roddy Piper congratulated him on his first night as NXT Champion. Roddy Piper said that Roddy Piper himself will be in NXT and will have a rematch with Bobby Roode in NXT.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

Sometimes Transformer leaves us hanging.

quote:

Bray Wyatt had a Firefly Funhouse promo where he said that he wanted to play with WWE legend Ric Flair in the ring. Flair doesn't do these things anymore because of health problems, and now he can't even walk or talk. After Wyatt asked Flair how he was feeling, Flair was overcome with emotion and began to tear up. The moment resonated with WWE viewers and there was a huge outpouring of support for Flair, who was asked if he was alright by many members of the audience.

Another moment during a taped segment that may have gotten lost in the shuffle happened when Wyatt said goodbye to

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Ric Flair being unable to talk or walk but crying at the drop of a hat does sound like current Ric Flair alright

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

quote:

In what should end this long running feud once and for all, Drew McIntyre was taken out of the ring on a stretcher after receiving Bobby Lashley's devastating finisher, "The Last Call," in the middle of an Luchador pin to win the Raw Tag Team Championship. Lashley's father, "Mr. TLC" Curt Hennig, would have been proud of his son for being the one who finally defeated The Revival and winning the titles.

With McIntyre out, is now the time for The Revival to finally win their first-ever gold?

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

quote:

With Roderick Strong forming the Diamond Mine, Kyle O'Reilly becoming cool, and Adam Cole getting choked out by Samoa Joe, Bobby Fish decided that in order to stand out he had to become the Bad Guy in NXT.

He focused on the tag team division, and has formed an alliance with Colin Cassady, whose antics and cowardly behavior Fish believes to be just what the doctor ordered.

He's even shown tendencies to care only about himself, expressing an apparent contempt for the roster when they consider leaving to the main roster.

This was highlighted when Bobby Fish turned down the invitation to the main roster in favor of reuniting his tag team partner Adam Cole with him.

Transformer sees the future.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

quote:

Rowdy Roddy Piper took one look at the debuting Saba Simba and said, "Wait a minute, hold the phone, that's Tony Atlas!"

- Waltman and the WWF had a bit of a falling out in 1991 and didn't speak for a long time after that, until a series of silly calls, court-ordered restraining orders and WWE paychecks got them talking again. The bad blood was evident when Waltman dragged down his shorts to reveal a Superfly snapback and pimp cane.

Waltman told Jesse Ventura that he'd waited over a year for a follow-up phone call. Waltman told Ventura that he'd been waiting a year for a phone call. The WWF countered with that

um

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
Found a real one

quote:

All Elite Wrestling is an ambitious new promotion founded by Jacksonville Jaguars owner Shahid Khan and producer Tony Khan. It aims to bring WWE fans a brand with a more regional flavor. Although, a traditional fan base and staying power is not expected to be a problem. A lot will depend on the quality of the content WWE produces on its own, with current analyst Byron Saxton likening their product to "streaming trash." A non-wrestler from the business world, Khan has already shown his ambition.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

quote:

The Skyscrapers were headed to the ring, and they looked to be in a really pissed off mood. This would prove to be an unforgettable night for one of their opponents, Tajiri. Tajiri would show up to challenge them to a match for taking his limo. This wasn't much of a challenge, as he and his cohorts pinned Jacobs and Badali a record 4 times to set up a ladder match at Judgment Day with Masato Tanaka. However, Tajiri pulled out of the match, and as a result the numbers advantage fell to Jacobs and Badali.

Early in the match, Jacobs and Badali nailed a great diving shoulder block on Tajiri in the corner and then withstood a double team from Jacobs and Badali

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

quote:

After getting revenge on Cesaro, Seth Rollins returned to Raw and faced Ambrose. Rollins again attacked Ambrose after the match, and Ambrose attacked Rollins. Reigns, while dancing with the crowd, turned around and stared at Rollins for a second.
The above moments have caused a lot of speculation online, with one saying he had a "hint" that the duo would be facing each other. Of course, this speculation is all baseless. But some of the latest updates indicate that Rollins and Reigns will actually team up to take on The Miz and his wife

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

quote:

Triple H was pacing back and forth in the ring, ranting and raving as he usually does. This time he was ranting and raving about social media. He said "Then, by God, me and my friend Sami Callihan will meet y'all at WrestleMania this year!"

We finally got to the main event, the match that had the crowd's attention from the moment it was announced. The Bar vs. Sheamus and Cesaro vs. Luke Gallows and Karl Anderson. Cesaro and Sheamus were on a mission to prove that the first win would be their last. The Bar got the pinfall win over Gallows and Anderson.

Article continues below

Now, on the main roster, the Sheamus and Cesaro is the Raw Tag Team Champions.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Sheamus and Cesaro had a 66⅔ chance of winning that match. but Doc Gallows KNOWS he can't beat them so he won't even TRY.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

quote:

Nick Khan was out for blood today, and he certainly got it. Today, the WWE has come to terms with the releases of many superstars, including the surprising releases of two of the biggest names on Raw, Christian and Hornswoggle.

The first was a shocking bit of news for WWE fans. The rumor mill began a flurry of activity yesterday, after Christian revealed on Twitter that he had signed with the indie scene. His departure, however, was more surprising. Christian, of course, is well-loved in the wrestling community, for his hard-hitting style and family-friendly personality. The “Playboy” was also the face of the legendary “Boogie Nights” tag team, and had years

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

I can't pick one

quote:

After a wave of firings and resignations the WWE has been forced to use fake versions of real wrestlers such as Fake Dean Ambrose, Fake Goldust, Fake Brock Lesnar and Fake CM Punk, but now its Fake Roman Reigns' turn.

It seems that somebody at WWE has noticed the shortcomings of their latest creation, and as the main event for next week's show, Roman will be fighting Fake Daniel Bryan in a match that will see the loser lose his job.

"I'm not going to use any term like 'fake' or 'impostor' to describe someone who went out of his way to make a character that he feels is lacking and has no connection to the people who voted on him,"

quote:

After a wave of firings and resignations the WWE has been forced to use fake versions of real wrestlers such as Fake Dean Ambrose, Fake Goldust, Fake Finn Balor, Fake Bray Wyatt and more. The current fake wrestlers are referred to as the ‘Divas of Doom’ and will take on The New Day, Nikki Bella and Natalya at WWE Elimination Chamber.

If you are feeling like this WWE show is just lacking any real charm then maybe the broadcast team will come to your aid. According to Sportskeeda, WWE Creative is being led by Stephanie McMahon and Triple H, the two children of WWE owner Vince McMahon. Speaking about the team, Triple H said:

“I think

quote:

After a wave of firings and resignations the WWE has been forced to use fake versions of real wrestlers such as Fake Dean Ambrose, Fake Goldust, Fake Daniel Bryan, and Fake Brock Lesnar.

The face of the WWE, Vince McMahon, told fans that they could either root for the “Authentic” or the “Fake” to win the Rumble match.

Sadly for the real wrestlers the real win went to the fake wrestlers, which also goes to prove that sometimes you have to fake it till you make it.

After this event fans of the fake wrestlers told them not to be disheartened because they were real wrestlers to begin with, which is true, but only because of the WWE’s

zetamind2000 fucked around with this message at 08:26 on Jul 11, 2021

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

overmind2000 posted:

Sadly for the real wrestlers the real win went to the fake wrestlers, which also goes to prove that sometimes you have to fake it till you make it.

After this event fans of the fake wrestlers told them not to be disheartened because they were real wrestlers to begin with, which is true

This is...

Well, the 1000 monkeys at the 1000 typewriters powering this machine are earning their pay.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

quote:

Arn Anderson was in the ring, hyping up the AEW audience when the lights went out. After a few seconds, the lights turned back on and standing in the ring to the shock of the Miami crowd was none other than Paul Heyman. Anderson went nuts for his pal.

Wrestling Inc reported that Heyman then said he wanted to take "the microphone from the referee so that he can repeat my words." He also said that they were going to give "the greatest gift ever" to the fans. Heyman said he has been in this business for a long time, even before the formation of WWE.

Heyman said that a lot of wrestlers, especially men, have the tendency to look out for themselves.

Another one!

quote:

Arn Anderson was in the ring, hyping up the AEW audience when the lights went out. After a few seconds, the lights turned back on and standing in the ring to the shock of the Miami crowd was none other than Johnny Gargano.

He said that he "couldn't let" the fans down after he showed up at the "AEW Rally" to announce that he was going to sign with the company. He said he couldn't believe it. He was "close to walking away" from the business. After Gargano said he signed the contract and talked about how he's going to be "Super-Glo" again, the lights went out again.

Once they came back on, it was revealed that former WWE Superstar Kenny Omega was in the ring.

And one more for the road

quote:

Arn Anderson was in the ring, hyping up the AEW audience when the lights went out. After a few seconds, the lights turned back on and standing in the ring to the shock of the Miami crowd was none other than “Stone Cold” Steve Austin.

It was the first time the two had met since the first ever Rumble match at WrestleMania 23, and this match should be fun as they have a history with each other dating back to their WWE days.

No more 'Double Or Nothing' press conferences.

The Steve Austin AEW signing is tomorrow night in Miami. I'll be there to see this exciting moment live!

Unfortunately, Arn was not allowed to finish his speech

Armitage fucked around with this message at 15:15 on Jul 11, 2021

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I, for one, am glad to see the return of Super-Glo Gargano.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

The WWE is in trouble. How can they fix things? Let's find out..

quote:

With ratings in the toilet, the WWE is scrambling to come up with new ideas to save the sinking ship. On tonight's RAW, the WWE is going to try a brand new match concept, the Women's Battle Royal, that some are calling crazy. One would think that something like this wouldn't work, but wrestling fans have been hungry for something like this for a long time. Is it any wonder why the WWE is wasting their time on this instead of trying to fix things in their main event scene?

It's been seven years since the longest Women's Streak in history came to an end. For nearly a decade, every pay-per-view, Smackdown or Raw, and even NXT had at least one woman's match at it.

quote:

With ratings in the toilet, the WWE is scrambling to come up with new ideas to save the sinking ship. On tonight's RAW, the WWE is going to try a brand new match concept, the Mixed Match Challenge. The Miz and Asuka will be facing Alexa Bliss and Braun Strowman, which is an interesting match-up for the brand new competition.

WWE Raw is taped before going to air so the format will be different than the actual program. The Miz's wife Maryse is also out due to the birth of their daughter so he will be on commentary.

Join us for live coverage of WWE Mixed Match Challenge on Facebook Watch!

Team Awe-ska Loses Battle With Team Braun

Strowman and Bliss dominated their

quote:

With ratings in the toilet, the WWE is scrambling to come up with new ideas to save the sinking ship. On tonight's RAW, the WWE is going to try a brand new match concept, the Ladder match for the WWE Universal Title.

The Ladder match will consist of Kevin Owens defending the WWE Universal Title against Roman Reigns, Braun Strowman, Samoa Joe, Seth Rollins, Finn Balor, Elias and another superstar yet to be announced. There will be two Ladders, one hanging above the ring and the other two rungs below. In this new match, each wrestler will try to grab the briefcase at the same time. Whoever does it first will win the match, and the belt.

The title will be hanging

quote:

With ratings in the toilet, the WWE is scrambling to come up with new ideas to save the sinking ship. On tonight's RAW, the WWE is going to reveal the most shocking free agent signing in a long time, but don't expect this new talent to actually debut on TV anytime soon.

According to PWInsider, an official announcement is being made on Monday for the mystery free agent signing. The two names that have been rumored for months are Alberto Del Rio and Samoa Joe, both former TNA Knockouts. The other WWE officials have reportedly been pushing for Del Rio, but Del Rio has been in the Philippines, coaching young WWE talents at the last few months.

quote:

With ratings in the toilet, the WWE is scrambling to come up with new ideas to save the sinking ship. On tonight's RAW, the WWE is going to debut a stable that they think will get everyone talking. This stable will be called the ECTO-1 stable. This group will be led by the brutal British Bruiser Brody and consist of Konnor, Viktor, Sin Cara and the returning Scott Dawson.

Brody hasn't been seen since he challenged for the Intercontinental title in 2011 but he is back and this is one of the worst decisions WWE has made since the well-known fan favorite began wrestling. The group is in no way an exciting or fun concept. Most will agree that most of the wrestlers in the stable are best known for their finishing moves

Tonight's Smackdown gave me a couple of ideas (visit these websites at your own risk):

quote:

Baron Corbin was standing in the ring, looking disheveled and sad. He poured his heart out to the WWE Universe, telling everyone that he was broke and needed help. He set up a website for people to help him in his time of need, and fans can visit the website at thewecomehome.com to help out. He also sent out a tweet thanking those who donated.

This is where it gets even better. There are conflicting reports from WWE officials that Corbin is either one of the suspects in WWE’s murder mystery, or he was reported to be one of the victims. It sounds like Corbin is a victim of a homicide in New Orleans, but nothing is known for sure. He will return to Raw next week to promote the movie “Blockers” and then he will face Bobby Lashley in a regular match at

quote:

Baron Corbin was standing in the ring, looking disheveled and sad. He poured his heart out to the WWE Universe, telling everyone that he was broke and needed help. He set up a website for people to help him in his time of need, and fans can visit the website at BaronCorbinFoundation.com if they want to help Baron Corbin.

While many people were sympathetic to Corbin, a few WWE Superstars took offense to the WWE Superstar’s request for financial assistance. Namely, Randy Orton and Becky Lynch. Becky Lynch, who was scheduled to face Charlotte Flair for the SmackDown Women’s Championship at SummerSlam, took a shot at Corbin, claiming that his situation is “not that bad.”

Armitage fucked around with this message at 02:46 on Jul 17, 2021

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

quote:

Jon Moxley was in a texas deathmatch against a texan in texas. Needless to say these were triple texas rules.

There’s a two in three chance that Jon hosed up. Two in three chances that’s someone. Two in three chances that’s me. Two in three chances that someone is dead.

Trevor Hamlyn was in a brontosaurus match. He’s a sprout. Brontosaurus are lizards. Hamlyn is two dimensional, wearing flannel, a hat that says COAL & a huuuuuuuge beard. He’s like a rogue Texas indie magician- magician from Utah who has a t-shirt featuring midgets on it and made a buck off a tattoo parlor who charges one hundred

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Someone please draw Trevor Hamlyn fanart.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
I need a Scott Steiner reading of this.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

quote:

Karrion Kross made his long awaited debut on the RAW brand this past Monday, however, in a decision that left many confused, he lost to Jeff Hardy. After the match, Kross grabbed the mic and cut a promo saying that he "never thought he'd see the day" that his "opponent was Jeff Hardy." He said Hardy "was the Devil" and that "when he touched me…he was an equal." Kross promised to continue the challenge for Hardy, and said that the match would happen "any time" he chooses, whether it be in a cage, with the fight being fought in the fire or with Hardy's "friends" the Hardys standing around cheering him on.

In the wake of this loss, Kross was immediately banned from ringside during the Raw main event

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
That's good poo poo.

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Nobody outrules the Marquise de Cat!
Alright, messing with GPT3 again. Looking at the settings again, turning up Temperature all the way to 1.0 could get me funnier results.

quote:

In a completely unexpected move, Bobby Lashley was defeated for the WWE title by undefeated Carmella in a clean title contest. MLW went on to announce that the match took place after being moved from Aug. 9, and Lashley put his title on the line anyway. The result really caught everyone off guard; Lashley's immediate reaction (both afterward and backstage after RAW) was that he was disappointed, but that he will get a rematch (which undoubtedly will be pay-per-view worthy) and expressed excitement to work with Carmella.

As for the actual match, it was very good and competitive throughout. Lashley looked vicious, and Carmella (who hadn't been pinned on television before then) looked physically vulnerable but also at one time like she might have a chance to win. Then, the sparks flew as the fight went outside. Lashley's slamming powerbomb on the security railing brought back memories of some of his TNA days with Samoa Joe, and Carmella connected with a suicide dive into the fans. From there, it was smooth landing to Flair getting involved and a new champ was crowned. You do not have to rescind many WWE title matches for them to mean something, but this one -- for all intents and purposes -- could be considered such.

Not bad...

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

quote:

on Keeping It 100 (1:44:06) , Konnan mentions he asked Tony Khan if AEW signed Danielson (he'd like to use him in AAA), Khan said "you know I can't tell you that", Konnan said Chicago would go crazy, Tony smiled and Konnan believes that means he's signed. As they start heading out, The Young Bucks take one of Konnan's bags, saying his wrestling mixtape "that won't get released because we think it's bad" is in it. They then laugh and walk away.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Dave Meltzer (sorta) posted:

Amazing that 50 years later we found out Hercules Cortez was a fugitive in Spain who came to the U.S. and became AWA tag champ, then he fought the biggest champion of them all in George Foreman.

And he gave Foreman one helluva match. But remember what he said about Foreman’s head?

(“George Foreman’s head was shaved. How could it possibly be that it could grow hair? It was impossible.”)

After Foreman walked out on the Rumble in the Jungle in Zaire with no title, no training camp, no plan and no shorts, he lost to Ali the following year.

The world may never know why the Foreman’s head didn’t grow hair after all.

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル

That's one hell of a mystery.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

quote:

fat Cena is scheduled. Will he acknowledge the head of table!? fat Bianca vs fat Carmella for the title in, surprise, a rematch from last week! fat Toni Storm to debut. if she loses like fat Kross
at NXT Fat Shamer John Payne comes in for his first match in WWE. BASSETT Fat Shamer John Payne vs Bull Dempsey, match announced by CM Punk Fat Shamer John Payne beats Bull Dempsey in less than 20 min Punk has brought in the kendo stick to beat up fat guys for all of time and eternity CM Punk is now a trainer. Pitbull walks by, Punk gives him a stare, PUNK CM Punk beats fat wrestler. Fat guy in corner stops Punk with stare. Punk stops and turns to fat guy with stare. Fat guy attacks, Punk

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

quote:

"naturally fallen oak" is such a good phrase for that character to use when describing the weedbelt.

It fits the description perfectly.

And kudos to you for running it through a quote from the game without changing the wording.

I really like this line, though.

It's really sad, but it shows that the Slugma didn't like that the fire was hurting his trainer.

I wonder if he would've wanted to go back into the fire; perhaps as a Charmander, perhaps as a human.

But then, I don't really like to give away secrets.

"As I said before," Mr. Fierce began again, "do you want to die here as well?

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

quote:

The WWE is rumored to be working with Blumhouse Television on a series based on one of the WWE's biggest controversies: The case of Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson's 1996 nude beef with Vince McMahon.

According to The Hollywood Reporter, the new series will revolve around the mid-'90s Rock-McMahon "shame tapes" scandal, which had The Rock exposing McMahon's promiscuous behavior. The Wrestling Observer's Dave Meltzer, though, believes it is unlikely that the incident will be included as a part of the show due to the sensitivity of the topic:

"According to THR, it's likely the network has no interest in revisiting the

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Imagine those executives shock when the tapes turn out to be naked vince sneezing against his best efforts.

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

quote:

After becoming GCW champion, the crowd pelted Matt Cordona with drinks and pizza cutters in the ring. Cordona seemed to be ready to stop the assault until Hardy made the save. Cordona was still unable to stop the onslaught and Hardy pinned him with a rollup.

After the match, Hardy cut a promo where he said he would spend his first night as champ at the bar by the airport. The crowd bought that as well, as they chanted "Welcome Home" at him and even chanted his trademark catchphrase, "Suplex City". Hardy had some fun by mockingly referring to Wildkat as "the President of the

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

quote:

In what may be a point of no return for the WWE, rival promotion AEW is about to sign two of the WWE's biggest stars of the last decade: Austin Aries and Jim Ross.

There's no question that the departures of longtime staples from WWE has forced a chain reaction across the industry. The surge of promotions such as All Elite Wrestling, New Japan Pro Wrestling and Ring of Honor has had the potential to fracture what has always been an exclusive market for the WWE. The Alpha Male League has seen an unprecedented rise in the ranks of the company.

Scroll to continue with content Ad

quote:

Smackdown came back from commercial break, showing the outside of the Shark Tank in San Jose, California. Suddenly, Tazz's voice yelled out excitedly as he was playing the hot new video game: Super Mario 64! Tazz did a tribute of his own to get the crowd excited. Tazz was then shown with a number of Mario characters wearing his "Tazz Tough" t-shirt. Later on, Tazz fought Bob Backlund against him in a championship match.

Bob Backlund was a 10-time world champion and Tazz has been known to use his size to his advantage. He used his size and speed to his advantage, to fight back and win the match, but Backlund was extremely dazed and hurt.

Tazz then told the crowd they could get back

Armitage fucked around with this message at 23:09 on Jul 26, 2021