Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

PriorMarcus posted:

Onion TV sure burned bright and then entirely disappeared.

What happened to put an end to it?

Sex House remains one of my absolute favorite things ever.

"Why are all the clocks set to different times?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Lake Dredge appraisal is one of my all time favorites, me and my friends still solemnly reference Dredger's Law at each other. The pork one is incredible body horror.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8g18jFHCLXk

I assume they're making it look like an action movie because of marketing but I love the look of this

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
I lread Dune in high school and that trailer makes me realize I remember like 3 things total from the book.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

swickles posted:

I lread Dune in high school and that trailer makes me realize I remember like 3 things total from the book.

Dune. Arrakis. Desert planet.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
That cast is nearly flawless. But Timothée Chalamet does not look how I've always imagined Paul Atreides would look.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

zoux posted:

Dune. Arrakis. Desert planet.

I specifically remember those personal body shields, which is why you can't just shoot someone, and you have to move at just the right speed to effectively stab someone.

The names all ring true, but have no clue what they did or who was a protagonist or not.

I remember spice being a thing.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Rhyno posted:

That cast is nearly flawless. But Timothée Chalamet does not look how I've always imagined Paul Atreides would look.

quote:

His oval face was like his mother Jessica’s, but he had stronger bones and a browline reminiscent of his maternal grandfather. He had a thin, disdainful nose, long lashes concealing lime-toned, directly staring green eyes, and a hardness in the expression like the old Duke, his paternal grandfather.

Other than the oval face chalamet doesn't seem too far off.

I wonder if they'll talk about the mentat training Paul had in this movie or if they'll skip it like the original and the miniseries

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

zoux posted:

Lake Dredge appraisal is one of my all time favorites, me and my friends still solemnly reference Dredger's Law at each other. The pork one is incredible body horror.

I assume they're making it look like an action movie because of marketing but I love the look of this

David Lynch's Dune is probably my favorite movie of all time, but this trailer has me hype. Just hope it makes a lot of money so that they actually make the second part. :/

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Azhais posted:

Other than the oval face chalamet doesn't seem too far off.

I wonder if they'll talk about the mentat training Paul had in this movie or if they'll skip it like the original and the miniseries

He doesn't have a strong browline AT ALL. And there is nothing hard about his expression in any scene in the trailer. Dude's a great actor, he just seems...a little too physically small for the role.

I mean, Momoa makes any man look tiny so it is a bit unfair.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
He was described in the books as being unusually small for his age (or something like that)

Just watching that traileri don't know why they made the suits look like the power armor from lost in space. I'm hoping those aren't what they came up with for stillsuits

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Azhais posted:

He was described in the books as being unusually small for his age (or something like that)

Just watching that traileri don't know why they made the suits look like the power armor from lost in space. I'm hoping those aren't what they came up with for stillsuits

There's plenty of shots with Zendaya showing off the nose plug, that seems to be the stillsuit. The armor is something else.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

zoux posted:

Can't say Ronon was who I pictured Duncan Idaho as, at all. Hopefully he's learned to act a bit since Game of Thrones.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
He's got 8 books worth of movies to figure it out!

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Can't imagine them doing the rest of the Dune books, they get really goofy bonkers fast. Dune is a good book, not a good series.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

I'd love to see someone try to make God Emperor of Dune into a movie though.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Oh I'd definitely pay money to see the cavalcade of revolving gholas or even just to hear hollywood promote the "butlerian jihad."

edit: Episode 3 of the American Side Stories was alright, the villain over-exposition'd his poo poo at the end but otherwise it was kind of like reading an old EC comic. Just one horror thing you know is going to happen and then it does and you see if the protags live or not.

Khanstant fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Jul 22, 2021

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

PriorMarcus posted:

Onion TV sure burned bright and then entirely disappeared.

What happened to put an end to it?

Social media video was a scam.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Facebook faked view counts on videos in order to get people to post videos on facebook to sell ads.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Cojawfee posted:

Facebook faked view counts on videos in order to get people to post videos on facebook to sell ads.

It is kinda stunning that Youtube just ran byside of it for the few years it lasted. Can accuse google of many things, but at least they're cautious of outright fraud.

EDIT: Started watching Vikings on a whim and uh, 6 seasons?

MiddleOne fucked around with this message at 19:14 on Jul 22, 2021

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Khanstant posted:

Oh I'd definitely pay money to see the cavalcade of revolving gholas or even just to hear hollywood promote the "butlerian jihad."

edit: Episode 3 of the American Side Stories was alright, the villain over-exposition'd his poo poo at the end but otherwise it was kind of like reading an old EC comic. Just one horror thing you know is going to happen and then it does and you see if the protags live or not.

They'll make it the butlerian crusade

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer
I marathoned Evil and it is so good. The demon-of-the-week stuff is great, and the meta-plot doesn't get in the way. All the characters are fantastic, even most of the ones who get very little screentime. The Leland stuff is getting a little tiring, but maybe it'll go somewhere this season.

You know how kids in horror shows are usually awful and drag down whatever plot they're a part of? This show solves it by having four basically interchangeable girls who mainly only appear on screen together as one character, yelling over each other in so much chaos that I wondered if they somehow represented the demon Legion. It's hilarious watching them enthusiastically blundering headfirst into traffic until their mom or Ben casually steers them away.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I don’t know how they do the direction for those scenes or how scripted they are but those four girls in full chaos mode are great.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

zoux posted:

I don’t know how they do the direction for those scenes or how scripted they are but those four girls in full chaos mode are great.

My friend and I quote this bit from the Evil finale a lot.

"Lin, put your hand up. You're in charge."
"Hi. I'm Lin and I'm in charge."

In doesn't look much on paper, but the actual scene was very very charming.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
File under "Dumb but must-see":

https://twitter.com/KyleBrandt/status/1418269418660958215

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Anna Torv has joined The Last of Us TV series as Tess. For those who don't remember, Tess is Joel's (Pedro Pascal) partner in his smuggling operation and (game story spoilers) dies pretty early on.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

The famous pirate ship from frogger!!!

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Are they going to be dodging real F1 cars?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Azhais posted:

Are they going to be dodging real F1 cars?

Best of Luck to them, Lewis and Max are good at hitting things.

ghouldaddy07
Jun 23, 2008
Wondering if any goons are still left from the old school Sons of Anarchy super thread? I used to loose my poo poo at the memes back in the day and I'm currently watching it absolutely shitfaced.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

ghouldaddy07 posted:

Wondering if any goons are still left from the old school Sons of Anarchy super thread? I used to loose my poo poo at the memes back in the day and I'm currently watching it absolutely shitfaced.

Represent! Only reason I kept watching was that thread. I loved that we used the same thread for like 4 seasons and no one cared about the OP.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

ghouldaddy07 posted:

Look, all I know is that we have to get to the bottom of this

ghouldaddy07
Jun 23, 2008

The United States posted:

Look, all I know is that we have to get to the bottom of this

Beef with Clay!!!!

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

ghouldaddy07 posted:

I’ve posted this before but one of the best moments of TV in my entire life was shitfaced with a friend watching the finale of the Potter season. Black SUV starts driving up and we joke “hey … what if it’s loving Danny Trejo and he was a spook the whole time”. And Danny Trejo walks out of the SUV and we are unable to breathe we’re laughing too hard.

Cael fucked around with this message at 01:40 on Jul 23, 2021

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Cael posted:

I’ve posted this before but one of the best moments of TV in my entire life was shitfaced with a friend watching the finale of the Potter season. Black SUV starts driving up and we joke “hey … what if it’s loving Danny Trejo and he was a spook the whole time”. And Danny Trejo walks out of the SUV and we are unable to breathe we’re laughing too hard.

Now I'm formally requesting the Dexter Black SUV gif

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Someone post the gif of jax “leaning” on the bookcase.

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

Medullah posted:

Now I'm formally requesting the Dexter Black SUV gif

I legit did not know I would be quoting myself

Cael posted:

We'll finally solve the greatest plot thread left hanging!

What I did not try hard enough to find because I’m phone posting, really need the Jax walk GIF from when he walks into the warehouse

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Thank you haha. I need to throw that in my favorites along with the salad eating gif

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
What do y'all think about Tell Me Your Secrets? Looks cool so far but dies the story get really convoluted?

Also, don't forget- TED LASSO season 2 premieres tomorrow the 23rd!

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I watched the first two episodes of Ultra City Smiths, the new stop-motion series from Steven Conrad, the creator of Patriot, that I’ve posted the trailer etc for in here before.

It’s really loving good. And also, if you thought Conrad’s work was idiosyncratic and bizarre already…….jesus

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี

Escobarbarian posted:

I watched the first two episodes of Ultra City Smiths, the new stop-motion series from Steven Conrad, the creator of Patriot, that I’ve posted the trailer etc for in here before.

It’s really loving good. And also, if you thought Conrad’s work was idiosyncratic and bizarre already…….jesus

oh hell yea thanks for the reminder