Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Jose posted:

portable air cons are loud as gently caress so you'll not be sleeping with one on if you go that route. Obviously means you can get the room cool for sleeping in initially though and they're like £300 vs the £1300 just posted

they are heavy as gently caress mind if you live in a flat that'll require carrying up stairs

I have one and I sleep a lot better with it than without. You get used to it especially if you're already used to a fan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

I tried sleeping with air con on after waking up within an hour breathing soup, and when you're tired enough you'll sleep through. Mine has a night mode to keep the noise down a little though.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
i suppose work out how much drugs and booze it takes you to pass out versus an aircon but factor in the ability to wake up

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Yeah, it’s just white noise. I wish I could have it in my bedroom too, but my bed is under the window so there’s no exhaust access.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
i can't sleep without my white noise machine on

i worked nights while living in edinburgh city centre years ago and i just got used to it

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
it's a wee cylinder with holes in and a fan inside and it goes GHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

all night, like that

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

probably have to be up to walk the dog in 2 hours, not sure if i should try and nap or just blaze through and put up with the inevitable icepick headache

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

I HAVE GREAT AVATAR IDEAS
For the Many, Not the Few

crispix posted:

it's a wee cylinder with holes in and a fan inside and it goes GHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

all night, like that

Count yourself lucky, not all of us have something ghooing all night like that

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

hey it's not warm today, what gives

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
The scorb has retreated and is gathering it’s fiery strength for round 2 in August.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

crispix posted:

i can't sleep without my white noise machine on

how did you hook a speaker up to this thread???

Gasmask
Apr 27, 2003

And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

how did you hook a speaker up to this thread???

wahaha

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
If you click the Google doodle today you get a Tokyo Olympics themed game to play complete with anime intro

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
It’s a Zelda-like game with a huge map! And some incredibly derpy-looking dog characters.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

DDR is an olympic sport now

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

there's a fish in a wheelchair

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

I'm going to enjoy the freezing cold weather of 25° today

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

watching a shouty american man shout at people who run bars badly

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer

Party Boat posted:

DDR is an olympic sport now

I thought the e-games exhibition was last time.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Bobby Deluxe posted:

watching a shouty american man shout at people who run bars badly

It’s not even lunch time yet.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Counterpoint I’m eating my lunch at the moor

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

There is a beautiful breeze today and it’s making this weather much more tolerable

CancerCakes
Jan 10, 2006

Friday lunch pub lunch might be a booze lunch

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

CancerCakes posted:

Friday lunch pub lunch might be a booze lunch

Surf and turf beckons

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

the UK version is "serf and TERF"

do the pub lunch. everyone working should do it imo. it's friday. freedom friday.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

the UK version is "serf and TERF"

LMAO

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

I had a 49p McDonalds cheeseburger.

I've been at work for an hour, strongly considering going home. There's plenty to do, I just cannot be arsed at all.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

I had lunch at the pub before even reading this thread telling me to do it!!!

No alcohol though, I gotta cycle

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

I had a 49p McDonalds cheeseburger.

I've been at work for an hour, strongly considering going home. There's plenty to do, I just cannot be arsed at all.

Did you time travel back to 1995?

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.

hemale in pain posted:

I had lunch at the pub before even reading this thread telling me to do it!!!

No alcohol though, I gotta cycle

That's no excuse.

oh no computer
May 27, 2003

Work sent us home over 3hrs early again cos there's nothing to do. I was barely in for 29hrs this week (meant to be in for 45hrs) and most of the time I was in was me loving about on my phone. It's apparently gonna be the same next week too.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Camrath posted:

Waaaay ahead of you.

for a man who makes fudge for a living i thought you'd be a lot fatter

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
Friday is my office day which means its now the most comfortable day of my week! Never thought id say that

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Hedgehog Pie posted:

That's no excuse.

Technically it's work too so drinking on the job

Im at home now though and watching the Olympic games opening ceremony and it's the weirdest stupidest thing ever with everyone pretending that there's an audience

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

hemale in pain posted:

Technically it's work too so drinking on the job

Im at home now though and watching the Olympic games opening ceremony and it's the weirdest stupidest thing ever with everyone pretending that there's an audience

the camera, the camera is the audience

also the orchestral medley of Japanese videogame music is great

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

I could of sworn i heard some music from Mario odyssey in there but the Olympic thread told me no

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Dell_Zincht posted:

Did you time travel back to 1995?

The 99p cheeseburger was on offer for some reason. The price definitely matched the taste.

Camrath
Mar 19, 2004

The UKMT Fudge Baron

Jose posted:

for a man who makes fudge for a living i thought you'd be a lot fatter

I mean, I’m like 19 stone. Just also 6’2” and ridiculously broad across the shoulders.

Much fatter and I’d be into furniture destroying territory.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

The 99p cheeseburger was on offer for some reason. The price definitely matched the taste.

You get to vote for what’s on offer next day via the app, only they had to rig it because the big Mac kept winning

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jiggerypokery
Feb 1, 2012

...But I could hardly wait six months with a red hot jape like that under me belt.

Camrath posted:

I mean, I’m like 19 stone. Just also 6’2” and ridiculously broad across the shoulders.

Much fatter and I’d be into furniture destroying territory.

*swipes right

**had to Google what the directions do