Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
curling
really loving cool
yeah i like curling
click here if you're not a true patriot and like curling
curling is chill
View Results

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring
like the thread title said. i really like watching curling. like i think i could compete and it would be cool to just wear my olympic gear and drink a beer while curling.

i play a lot of corn hole and beach bocci so i think i could compete

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
ONly six months away OP

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

curling is the main event of the winter olympics

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Unironically, curling and ski jumping are so goddamn awesome I don't even know why we bother having other events.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

But then again summer olympics has Rugby 7s.

Coasterphreak
May 29, 2007
I like cookies.
I'm never bummed about any olympics because I get to watch a bunch of sports that don't normally get TV coverage

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
do not forget the biathlon

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring
spent some time today by the water thinking about how it's not curling season right now, about 20 minutes

yippeekiyaymf
May 16, 2002

You seriously have issues.

Go catch more racoons in a net and step away from the computer.

Rick posted:

ONly six months away OP

Six months until more NBC coverage.

Also curling is great and the bobsled.

womb with a view
Sep 8, 2007

Same OP, long live curling

Island Nation
Jun 20, 2006
Trust No One
I've got a new job so I want to go back to curling as soon as the fall season starts (just missed summer)

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

Biathlon is the best event.

Also, they need to bring back ski ballet:

https://youtu.be/fvk4PpFORD4

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

I'm glad they made an event for bisexuals

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

I want ski jumping and figure skating

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

Jon Irenicus posted:

I want ski jumping and figure skating

as a biathlon

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m posted:

I'm glad they made an event for bisexuals

the biathlon actually created bisexuality

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo
They need curling to be the only event in any Olympics and start putting all participants in shein bikini thing bottoms for it.

AWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOGA!

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
I'm like real cool with the Winter Olympics but they have nothing, NOTHING on the Summer Games.

CellBlock
Oct 6, 2005

It just don't stop.

Luvcow posted:

like the thread title said. i really like watching curling. like i think i could compete and it would be cool to just wear my olympic gear and drink a beer while curling.

i play a lot of corn hole and beach bocci so i think i could compete

Have you actually curled before? If you think you can do it, you're probably right. It's not easy, but it's easy to learn, and if you're near a major city, you can probably find a club near you to try it out when the season starts in the fall.

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

CellBlock posted:

Have you actually curled before? If you think you can do it, you're probably right. It's not easy, but it's easy to learn, and if you're near a major city, you can probably find a club near you to try it out when the season starts in the fall.

never officially curled but I'm real good at bocce so I imagine I could get the hang of it.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
I would love to learn curling. It looks like a lot of fun!

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

low key sex master posted:

I would love to learn curling. It looks like a lot of fun!

it looks like som thing that could easily be done while holding a beer in your off hand and i imagine it's fun to play when you're drunk. been staring out the window contemplating alcohol and curling when mixed. just saw a bird.

Femtosecond
Aug 2, 2003

Seems like this issue could be addressed if we added Lawn Bowling to the Olympics.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Femtosecond posted:

Seems like this issue could be addressed if we added Lawn Bowling to the Olympics.

I swear it used to be, or am I just thinking of the Commonwealth?

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

Femtosecond posted:

that would be nice

might allow for some older athletes to participate

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring
watched some women's power lifting, some men's and women's 3x3 basketball and some women's soccer today. made me realize that none of those are curling and I probably couldn't compete in any of those events. except the 3x3 basketball. those guys looked terrible, like ymca pickup game caliber. only I'm pretty sure I couldn't hold a beer in one hand and play 3x3 like I could do if I was curling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

I appreciate curling because it keeps my hopes alive of plausibly being an Olympian one day.

Rarity posted:

I swear it used to be, or am I just thinking of the Commonwealth?

Commonwealth Games. I know this because I had similar thoughts to OP about lawn bowling when watching the last Commonwealth Games.