Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MarsDragon
Apr 27, 2010

"You've all learned something very important here: there are things in this world you just can't change!"

wdarkk posted:

Does it actually have any weapons? I'm trying to remember if it does or not.

Didn't stop the Ptolemaios.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

wdarkk posted:

Does it actually have any weapons? I'm trying to remember if it does or not.

Does it need weapons? Cowboy Bebop can hack things with his computer. And I guess they can just launch spike out of it like a missile, that's an attack!

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Ashsaber posted:

Whenever someone mentions the idea of ZOE in SRW, I walways try to pitch the idea of starting with Fist of Mars and going into Second Runner. Have the FoM crew for the first half or so of the game, with enemy orbital frames like the raptor being credible enemies, then as the plot progresses, boom, Dingo in Jehuty arrives and its like getting the loving Gunbuster.

Throw it in alongside Gundam IBO and Nadesico for maximum Martian clusterfuck.

I mean, if you want maximum Martian clusterfuck, you'd also put in Diebuster. As a bonus, it means doubling up on the relationships between pink haired girls with attack drones and dark skinned blondes.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

AradoBalanga posted:

It boggles my mind that Blue Destiny didn't get in. A perfect compliment to NT with its own dead Newtype power system shenanigans, but...nope.

Blue Destiny is extant enough to get into EXVS or other Gundam-specific crossover stuff, but it's still rather obscure for SRW.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

On the subject of weird wishlist stuff, I'd really like a spinoff where we play as the villains. Maybe go a little ghiren's greed with it where we take over the universe; or just make it a diabolical defeat simulator, I don't care. I'd think it'd be neat for a game or two.

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe
The expansion disc for Z had a mini-campaign like that. Though of course it ran into the problem as ending right as it really got going and you got a bunch of neat toys.

symphoniccacophony
Mar 20, 2009

Nuebot posted:

On the subject of weird wishlist stuff, I'd really like a spinoff where we play as the villains. Maybe go a little ghiren's greed with it where we take over the universe; or just make it a diabolical defeat simulator, I don't care. I'd think it'd be neat for a game or two.

Top of my head, way back in SNES Super Robot War EX has three routes based on which main character you choose to play, and one of them is Shu, the primary villian from the Masou Kishin series. His team is made up of characters that are bad guys from other series.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Ashsaber posted:

Whenever someone mentions the idea of ZOE in SRW, I walways try to pitch the idea of starting with Fist of Mars and going into Second Runner. Have the FoM crew for the first half or so of the game, with enemy orbital frames like the raptor being credible enemies, then as the plot progresses, boom, Dingo in Jehuty arrives and its like getting the loving Gunbuster.

Dolores was Sunrise, and would be hilarious to see in a SRW.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I haven't thought about Fist of Mars in a long time, I loved that tbs

It was anime as gently caress

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 04:13 on Jul 24, 2021

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Ashsaber posted:

This would own.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Kitfox88 posted:

This would own.

Bring back layzner and just make the entire game maximum martian madness.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Nuebot posted:

Bring back layzner and just make the entire game maximum martian madness.

:hmmyes: I’d love to see layzner in a proper mainline game

IthilionTheBrave
Sep 5, 2013
Further up the Martian Insanity by trying to shove Armored Core 2 in there. Just because.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine

Kitfox88 posted:

:hmmyes: I’d love to see layzner in a proper mainline game

Layzner has been in several mainline SRW games, though?

It should absolutely be in more.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Portables maybe don't count as mainline for that person

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Eh
Fun Shoe
In any case, it'd be really cool to see Layzner in HD.

Hokuto
Jul 21, 2002

Soiled Meat

symphoniccacophony posted:

Shu, the primary villian from the Masou Kishin series

Weeeelllll, there's been a few changes in recent Masoukishin/OG titles....

Long story short Shu is now basically Masaki's engineer, and there was a scene in Moon Dwellers where the entire protagonist cast unanimously agreed to follow a suggestion from Shu that directly contravened orders in their own military command structure, to give you an idea of how much trust and regard he's earned from the protags at this point since his Armageddon stage. (Also his player unit is even MORE broken in a good way now.)

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

Nuebot posted:

I'm still mad we didn't actually get the Bebop as a battleship.

I'm not sure when they recorded voice lines, but Jet's voice actor died about 9 months before T was released, which kinda makes it difficult to include him as a main pilot. I know Jet had a few lines in that one Spike attack but I'm not sure if it was just recycled from the show.

Reiska
Oct 14, 2013
Woo new thread!

Incidentally, might be worth noting for the obscura that only the PS4 version of Moon Dwellers is available in something resembling English - the PS3 release is Japanese-only.

I am unreasonably hype for SRW 30 and really hoping they have fun with Combattler and Eldora existing in the same universe.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine

Tae posted:

Portables maybe don't count as mainline for that person

Yeah but Layzner was in GC, one of the PlayStation games and the one on the N64. Are those not mainline? Not disagreeing, I’m legitimately curious about how people categorize these.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009
Even without a full villain game, I'd love a game where the 'reasonable antagonists' are on your side from some series and the protagonists join later. You could easily swing this with the Rustal faction from IBO, but it'd also work for Suzaku from Code Geass. As a bonus it might finally lead to playable Cornelia.

actually come to think of it, lelouch of the resurrection will probably lead to playable Cornelia. huh

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

For more Mars crazyness, there's Gunnm.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Endorph posted:

Even without a full villain game, I'd love a game where the 'reasonable antagonists' are on your side from some series and the protagonists join later. You could easily swing this with the Rustal faction from IBO, but it'd also work for Suzaku from Code Geass. As a bonus it might finally lead to playable Cornelia.

actually come to think of it, lelouch of the resurrection will probably lead to playable Cornelia. huh

Oh god a game where you play with the Good Guys (for some reason I'm just imagining Rustal and basically any other Federation types) and at some point, probably early on, the Barbatos just shows up in full murder mode to ruin your day would be amazing. "Those colours! It's a Gundam! I bet it's on our side!" And then someone gets smashed.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Endorph posted:

Probably, yeah.

I think Bright and Rustal could have some pretty good interactions. They're fairly similar people in a lot of ways, even if Bright is one of the last honest officers in his setting, and Rustal is incredibly corrupt. However, that would probably be something better saved for a second or third game with IBO season 2 in it. First time out, SRW tends to go with just a basic version.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Endorph posted:

They kind of did that with Z and how it dealt with Seed Destiny but that WAS admittedly reinforced by the source material itself. But yeah, that's another good one to add to the pile.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Mr. Maltose posted:

Layzner has been in several mainline SRW games, though?

It should absolutely be in more.

Mr. Maltose posted:

Yeah but Layzner was in GC, one of the PlayStation games and the one on the N64. Are those not mainline? Not disagreeing, I’m legitimately curious about how people categorize these.

I should have added ‘modern’ to that wish, because it’s mostly this

Alacron posted:

In any case, it'd be really cool to see Layzner in HD.

J had some wonderful sprite work and animations for a gba game and all that but gimme modern hd spriting for my culture club bros :allears:

Kitfox88 fucked around with this message at 11:23 on Jul 24, 2021

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009
Yeah, I was thinking of the Z1 split - I hope another game attempts something like it sometime.

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Eh
Fun Shoe
If OG ever gets around to doing Z, you could maybe get away with doing a Steel Dragon Battalion vs Divine Crusaders gimmick. Like, if you rebooted the continuity you could split things so that the Hagane and Hiryu go with the feds, while the Kurogane and (for instance) the Valstork go with the DC.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Endorph posted:

Yeah, I was thinking of the Z1 split - I hope another game attempts something like it sometime.

I'd also like to see a Z2 style split with team terrorist. Hathaway would be perfect for it.

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
Fun(?) fact: while I was thinking about thread titles it turned out this game is just loaded with knights. Knights & Magic, Magic Knights, Knightmares/Black Knights, Gridknight, Knight Cop. It's almost a pity we're one Mazinger revision away from Kanjite Knight (but Gribblekaiser is worth everything).

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

It would be awesome if we could dance!
Team Terrorist is one of the many reasons why we need a Z2 translation.

Or better yet, a new game with the players from team Terrorist returning, along with Hathaway and IBO.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

SpaceDrake posted:

Blue Destiny is extant enough to get into EXVS or other Gundam-specific crossover stuff, but it's still rather obscure for SRW.

It did get revived for the Side Stories video game for that new Hades/Pale Rider thing, but I guess that's just so they could market the new toy a bit.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Lostconfused posted:

It did get revived for the Side Stories video game for that new Hades/Pale Rider thing, but I guess that's just so they could market the new toy a bit.

It also got a new manga with a couple new MS designs a little while back.

I'd say a bigger sign of its importance is that its kits got mainline HGUC releases for all three Blue Destiny models. Meanwhile, G-Unit and Advance of Zeta are P-Bandai exclusive. That suggests Blue Destiny is, if not mainstream, at least not super-obscure either.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

I just re-connected with Five Star Stories after a long time, watching the movie and all, and while it'd send Mamoru Nagano into a murderous rampage it'd be really cool if Knight of Gold was in one of these games. It's just so drat aesthetic.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

Dance Officer posted:

Team Terrorist is one of the many reasons why we need a Z2 translation.

Or better yet, a new game with the players from team Terrorist returning, along with Hathaway and IBO.

It is slightly wild to me that there has been exactly one (1) SRW with TV Gundam 00 in it, and that's Z2. Literally everything else is primarily Trailblazer.

Hell, full TV Geass is fairly rare; I believe SRW X doesn't do *all* of Geass and is based on the compilation movies, right?

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

It's been a bit since I played X but from what I remember its more along the lines of 'huh, weird, the ending of the show happened, but we're here somehow, well whatever' and then doesn't draw any attention to it.

Inferno-sama
Jun 5, 2015

You touch my burger, and I'll slap you so hard you won't even be able to understand how you fucked up.

SpaceDrake posted:

It is slightly wild to me that there has been exactly one (1) SRW with TV Gundam 00 in it, and that's Z2.

And Super Robot Wars DD cries as it yet again gets ignored.

Then again, it's a gacha, so maybe it deserves it.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

DD gets to be ignored until Bamco decides to freakin SEA it.

MightyPretenders
Feb 21, 2014

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

It's been a bit since I played X but from what I remember its more along the lines of 'huh, weird, the ending of the show happened, but we're here somehow, well whatever' and then doesn't draw any attention to it.

Eventually they figure that being in Al-Warth is just how Lelouch's afterlife worked out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davzz
Jul 31, 2008

Willo567 posted:

where the gently caress is symphonogear

i need my srw consisting entirely of idol franchises that have mecha in them
Macross punchline