Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/smdiehl/status/1418613721971236868

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

luckily twitter is always ready to find you a bigger fool with deeper pockets

idk who is after elon though

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

FAUXTON posted:

luckily twitter is always ready to find you a bigger fool with deeper pockets

idk who is after elon though

This guy

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish
how did number go down? is this a glitch? fix it please! number isn't supposed to go down:mad:

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

im "1 billion % apr"

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

But I'm not a rat, I should be fine.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
I assisted one of my fellow statists with a diamond hands adult who paid a ridiculous amount of dogecoin and doll hairs and after she administered the audit the dude buckshot shotgun bitcoins all over her.

I laughed she didn't

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

u/UltimateInvestor

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

it's not entirely true, a significant contributor to the demand value of Bitcoin is privateer-style, state-sheltered crime.

raminasi
Jan 25, 2005

a last drink with no ice

Boxturret posted:

i don't understand these words

neither does the person who wrote them

im on the net me boys
Feb 19, 2017

Hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjhhhhhhjhhhhhhhhhjjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh cannabis

that's funny I have no problem using my American Express to buy groceries. those databases seem just fine

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

im on the net me boys posted:

that's funny I have no problem using my American Express to buy groceries. those databases seem just fine

lol just lol at paying american express for the privilege of spending you`re own money instead of getting a fee-free card

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Boxturret posted:

i don't understand these words

I'm trying really hard to piece together a sensible narrative from his batshit insanity.

I think he's trying to allege that institutions are making bank on the influx of dumb Redditor money by swapping their own shares on private exchanges? Which....is a normal thing??

I'm trying desperately to piece together what wall he is talking about backing :airquote: them :airquote: into. I can't tell if he realizes that ATS have to run tapes like everyone else despite the "dark" scarequote name?

Is he suggesting there are quite literally hundreds of millions of dollars of unreported ATS blocks of shorts daily?

don't go to Reddit, never go to Reddit

im on the net me boys
Feb 19, 2017

Hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjhhhhhhjhhhhhhhhhjjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh cannabis

Weatherman posted:

lol just lol at paying american express for the privilege of spending you`re own money instead of getting a fee-free card

the effective af for me is $10 and the credit I got on signing basically paid for the first year. I understand sticking to fee-free cards but this is my one card that has a fee and it works very well with my spending habits and travel desires.

im on the net me boys
Feb 19, 2017

also the fee is lower than what I'd be paying to transfer btc!!! zing

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde

Weatherman posted:

it's amex's (noteholders') money though? it's just like a gym membership, use it enough to justify the fee or don't sign up

wonder what the next "classy" card is going to be now that anyone can get a bitcoin black card from blockfi

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
i heard visa did some trials with a mercury card but there were liquidity issues :rimshot:

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

resident posted:

I long for the olden days of gambling on AAPL options before earnings. why hodl when you can treat the stock market like a scratcher ticket?

this isn’t even appealing anymore because in IL I can buy lotto tickets on my phone for a dollar!

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
wat
https://twitter.com/dgolumbia/status/1418637490869706753

KnifeWrench
May 25, 2007

Practical and safe.

Bleak Gremlin

lol I'm "legal support"

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Wanna run with my crew huh? Rule cyberspace and crunch numbers like I do?

I’m nodal diversity

goth smoking cloves
Feb 28, 2011

Is this a new form of sov cits? Does he think if he recites the buzz words in the right order biden will owe him a billion dollars or something?

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

it what way is bitcoin a layer 2 protocol

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Level 2 cockniture pissth, memetical coretential, energinal buttitude, gland bland, bloopo, nano-zoink, giant monkey, that thing you put behind the fridge so it doesn't get too close to the wall, CBT, scam magic, devil divestors, etc.

SubG
Aug 19, 2004

It's a hard world for little things.

Boxturret posted:

layer 2 protocol comes out the butt

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

Paladinus posted:

Level 2 cockniture pissth, memetical coretential, energinal buttitude, gland bland, bloopo, nano-zoink, giant monkey, that thing you put behind the fridge so it doesn't get too close to the wall, CBT, scam magic, devil divestors, etc.

and loving it

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

goth smoking cloves posted:

Is this a new form of sov cits? Does he think if he recites the buzz words in the right order biden will owe him a billion dollars or something?

i think these people think there are huge concepts associated with every one of those terms and they're just blowing your mind by listing them off like that.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Boxturret posted:

did you miss the RSA article about how blockchain should replace tcp/ip? they're just taking it one step further

SubG
Aug 19, 2004

It's a hard world for little things.
let's just say it's a particularly twisted pair

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Coin and Bit Torture

raspurtin
Apr 18, 2005

layer 3 applications like... ping? If bitcoin uses ping then I would agree that's a pretty solid fundamental.

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

Hammerite posted:

wtf is a capital-A Ape

I thought it was Johnny Rico in Starship Troopers:
“C’mon, you Apes! You wanna live forever!”

e:F,B

e2:

Clockwerk posted:

you also don’t realize losses if you never sell. checkmate statist 😎

My favorite “coiiners-galactic-brain” economics was when evangelical btc folk would “spend” $100 in Bitcoin at somewhere like Overstock.com and immediately get on their phone to buy $100 worth of Bitcoin so they were always “breaking even” on the amount of BTC they owned. If I could figure out a way to do that with real money I’d be able to afford a trip into space like my boy Bezos!

DerekSmartymans fucked around with this message at 06:07 on Jul 24, 2021

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

The TCP is stored in the balls?

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

gschmidl posted:

The TCP is stored in the balls?

then where is the IP stored?

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Boxturret posted:

freely

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Boxturret posted:

Oh maybe it's TCP in one, IP in the other, I'm no fintech layer 3 engineer.

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

DerekSmartymans posted:

I thought it was Johnny Rico in Starship Troopers:
“C’mon, you Apes! You wanna live forever!”

you wanna learn how to fly?

*slaps back of head* space monkey!

--the dude

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Weatherman posted:

you wanna learn how to fly?

*slaps back of head* space monkey!

--the dude

why, jonny rico, you look like someone walked over your grave

-- huckleberry holliday

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

The opening sequence of 2001 but the ape throws a bitcoin up into the air and it either becomes Musk's Starship and explodes, or turns into that amazing gif from KSP that I cannot for the life of me find again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

gschmidl posted:

The opening sequence of 2001 but the ape throws a bitcoin up into the air and it either becomes Musk's Starship and explodes, or turns into that amazing gif from KSP that I cannot for the life of me find again.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-1mLNaRGemM
?