Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

:yeshaha: :bisonyes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
https://youtu.be/jLMs6Lq_hvI

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

infernal machines posted:

i think these people think there are huge concepts associated with every one of those terms and they're just blowing your mind by listing them off like that.

to be fair to them they kind of do blow my mind, just not for the reasons they intended.

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

"monetary energy stored": meaningless
"FinTech layer 2 platforms & layer 3 applications": ok I didn't know whether this was meaningless or not so I googled it and apart from an ad for IBM it was all buttcoin poo poo so I'm going with meaningless
"breadth of institutional & individual investors": not in fact a property of cryptocurrencies
"power of miner network": dumb, inconsequential
"nodal diversity": meaningless
"brand strength": not in fact a property of cryptocurrencies
"cultural, political and legal support": not in fact a property of cryptocurrencies
"regulatory clarity": loving lol ok that's enough

Beelzebufo
Mar 5, 2015

Frog puns are toadally awesome

ADINSX posted:

I’m nodal diversity

a different way to describe metastatis.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Ape shall not upsell ape

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Some nodes are gay.

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

not that there's anything wrong with that

Grace Baiting
Jul 20, 2012

Audi famam illius;
Cucurrit quaeque
Tetigit destruens.

all nodes are gay; some nodes are just gayer than others 👍

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

"monetary energy stored"

in other words, bitcoins are the mushroom covered jizz-sock of the financial world

4lokos basilisk
Jul 17, 2008

the amount of white cis men in tech who get to keep their jobs and reputation while shilling for crypto in their full-self-driving teslas is a good indication of how little of it all is really a meritocracy

as evidenced by the two above examples, you can spew total buzzword jargon out of your mouth and if you have the correct social trappings, you will be praised as a visionary instead of being exposed as a dumbass who knows gently caress all about anything

this quite probably extends to further than just tech, too

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

Penisface posted:

the amount of white cis men in tech who get to keep their jobs and reputation while shilling for crypto in their full-self-driving teslas is a good indication of how little of it all is really a meritocracy

as evidenced by the two above examples, you can spew total buzzword jargon out of your mouth and if you have the correct social trappings, you will be praised as a visionary instead of being exposed as a dumbass who knows gently caress all about anything

this quite probably extends to further than just tech, too

I'm fresh out of the latest qcs thread about this exact thing in cspam so check this out:
dogecoinpile

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Paladinus posted:

Some nodes are gay.
be gay, hodl coins

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Shumagorath posted:

be gay, hodl coins

No, don't. Not the second part, anyway.

Zopotantor
Feb 24, 2013

...und ist er drin dann lassen wir ihn niemals wieder raus...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJq4jWSQNd8

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde

Penisface posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GtRSEjAkKs&t=17s

Grace Baiting
Jul 20, 2012

Audi famam illius;
Cucurrit quaeque
Tetigit destruens.

Shumagorath posted:

be gay, hodl coins

please post Better

DaTroof
Nov 16, 2000

CC LIMERICK CONTEST GRAND CHAMPION
There once was a poster named Troof
Who was getting quite long in the toof

Shumagorath posted:

be gay, hodl coins

have whatever sex u want, stop tuchin crypto

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Stop all the downloadin’

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Grace Baiting posted:

please post Better
this was meant as a riff on "be gay, do crimes" but I didn't expect it to be taken seriously; my bad

Grace Baiting
Jul 20, 2012

Audi famam illius;
Cucurrit quaeque
Tetigit destruens.

Shumagorath posted:

this was meant as a riff on "be gay, do crimes" but I didn't expect it to be taken seriously; my bad

very much a "no not those crimes" from me dogg as "be gay do crimes" should not be sullied with its terrible opposite of "hodl coins"

imo

in conclusion,

Grace Baiting
Jul 20, 2012

Audi famam illius;
Cucurrit quaeque
Tetigit destruens.

Alan Smithee posted:

Stop all the downloadin’

:hmmyes::right:

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Grace Baiting

short for Gay race Masturbaitin'

Grace Baiting
Jul 20, 2012

Audi famam illius;
Cucurrit quaeque
Tetigit destruens.

Alan Smithee posted:

Grace Baiting

short for Gay race Masturbaitin'

:hmmwrong:

your heart's in the right place though, kid... you're okay

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish
do coin, be butt

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill
no

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Has anybody unironically combined bitcoin and/or the blockchain with praying the gay away

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Don't give Milo Yiannopoulos any ideas

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

EorayMel posted:

Has anybody unironically combined bitcoin and/or the blockchain with praying the gay away

I imagine being into bitcoin can actually help, if your goal is not to have gay sex. Or any type of sex, really.

waydownLo
Oct 1, 2016

EorayMel posted:

http://catholicblockchain.org/

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

https://twitter.com/DailyMailUK/status/1419217117681946628

:toot:

of course it's trending and everyone bar *Coin Hodlers think its a terrible idea

https://twitter.com/search?q=Britcoin&src=trend_click&vertical=trends

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

let me guess

he has no authority to actually do any of this

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

assuming plans haven't changed since I last heard about this it's basically a completely pointless replacement of the pound so the bank of england wouldn't have to produce physical currency any more, which makes a lot more sense when you realise that would basically be an end to street begging and cash in hand contract work and these are the tories we're talking about

also it wouldn't actually be a crypto thing because it would still just be the pound sterling, not even the tories are dumb enough to replace the currency wholesale with a crypto

njsykora fucked around with this message at 15:13 on Jul 25, 2021

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

quote:

Its supporters in the Treasury say that it would allow the Bank to give the economy a boost in times of financial crisis by paying the 'Britcoins' directly into people's bank accounts.

A thing entirely impossible with legacy money, of course, I say as I queue behind my coworkers with a wheelbarrow to receive my salary in person from the eurocent spigot.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

because we all know how much the tories love putting money directly into normal people's bank accounts

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!
yeah, there's no news - this is just the Fail filling space. archive

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

digital money directly deposited in to a bank account without needing to hand deliver the money across the country? get out of here with this ridiculous scifi technology, next you'll be suggesting we replace our cars with teleportation machines

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Wanna run with my crew huh? Rule cyberspace and crunch numbers like I do?

I'm not reading all of that but just based on the blurb in the tweet it looks like they're proposing the government would launch their OWN cryptocurrency.

Which is the part I've never understood about crypto enthusiasts, even if the problems did magically work out and it scaled and people just decided they never needed chargebacks or the ability to reclaim stolen money again or the thousand other problems all of this nonsense has, why would I want YOUR coin, vs the governments coin that my job would actually pay me in and the government would force businesses to accept?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

ADINSX posted:

I'm not reading all of that but just based on the blurb in the tweet it looks like they're proposing the government would launch their OWN cryptocurrency.

Which is the part I've never understood about crypto enthusiasts, even if the problems did magically work out and it scaled and people just decided they never needed chargebacks or the ability to reclaim stolen money again or the thousand other problems all of this nonsense has, why would I want YOUR coin, vs the governments coin that my job would actually pay me in and the government would force businesses to accept?

because when they make my coin the winner i'll be god empower of earth fundamentals