Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Eyes not juicy enough, 4/10

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/hEZmSmO.gifv

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/F2KMALz.gifv

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Always kind of throws me off that the grievous death is so overly violent

https://i.imgur.com/al99idN.gifv

He was just trying to live his best life as a cyborg without free will

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
They were trying to make up for two films worth of audience-distaste by making the finale really really violent and hell it almost worked.

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

A. That's brutal as gently caress.

B. Did Grevious really not appear before Ep3? Dang, yo.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Anakin's just staring right at her chest in that first panel.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Fantastic Foreskin posted:

A. That's brutal as gently caress.

B. Did Grevious really not appear before Ep3? Dang, yo.

He was developed for episode 3, but before that movie was released, the designs were given to Genndy Tartakovsky to debut in his Clone Wars cartoon in 2003, which was loving fantastic. It's a series of shorts only about 2 hours long total, watch it now.

But anyhow, this is the pictures thread. And here's some Genndy Grievous.

I suspect that maybe the designers on the Revenge of the Sith didn't tell the people making the cartoon all the details, or maybe they hadn't worked out all the details themselves yet, but either way, the series took its own liberties in figuring out how Grievous would fight.

Yup, lightsaber footgrip. He'll use any tricks he can to keep Jedi off balance. They gave him a lot of weird features.

There was also the whole spinning lightsaber fan trick, which I understand as another way of figuring out how a droid could use mechanical advantages to fight a Jedi, although in the movie they emphasized his mechanical clunkiness instead of the fighting flow.

And then the 4 arms reveal was amazing.

https://i.imgur.com/YhGVne3.mp4

The cartoon is kind of in a nebulous place after the second CGI Clone Wars series (that drew a lot from Genndy's aesthetic) and Disney's rejection of the EU, but it's not explicitly contradicted either, so I like to think it's still valid. There's even a little connecting tissue explaining some of why Grievous is slower and has a cough in the movie. This happens just a little bit before the movie starts.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/b8NOSbY.gifv

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

SlothfulCobra posted:

He was developed for episode 3, but before that movie was released, the designs were given to Genndy Tartakovsky to debut in his Clone Wars cartoon in 2003, which was loving fantastic. It's a series of shorts only about 2 hours long total, watch it now.

But anyhow, this is the pictures thread. And here's some Genndy Grievous.

I suspect that maybe the designers on the Revenge of the Sith didn't tell the people making the cartoon all the details, or maybe they hadn't worked out all the details themselves yet, but either way, the series took its own liberties in figuring out how Grievous would fight.

Yup, lightsaber footgrip. He'll use any tricks he can to keep Jedi off balance. They gave him a lot of weird features.

There was also the whole spinning lightsaber fan trick, which I understand as another way of figuring out how a droid could use mechanical advantages to fight a Jedi, although in the movie they emphasized his mechanical clunkiness instead of the fighting flow.

And then the 4 arms reveal was amazing.

https://i.imgur.com/YhGVne3.mp4

The cartoon is kind of in a nebulous place after the second CGI Clone Wars series (that drew a lot from Genndy's aesthetic) and Disney's rejection of the EU, but it's not explicitly contradicted either, so I like to think it's still valid. There's even a little connecting tissue explaining some of why Grievous is slower and has a cough in the movie. This happens just a little bit before the movie starts.

Pretty much all of the prequel villains are in this weird place where they became cool and interesting well outside of the billion-dollar juggernaut movies they were introduced in, to the point that they've been re-worked completely and/or given actual personalities.

Obi-Wan 1v1ing Grievous at all now seems ridiculous with all the other stuff they added in.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.
That's why he beats him by cheap shot after he'd already been halfway crippled by Windu.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

His pal behind him didn't even help. What a punk.

(Is this a fan-made CGI thing or something?)

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

"poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo SHI-" *dead*

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Hazo posted:

His pal behind him didn't even help. What a punk.

(Is this a fan-made CGI thing or something?)

It looks like Battlefront 2015 based on the hud and the cards on the bottom right.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

fartknocker posted:

It looks like Battlefront 2015 based on the hud and the cards on the bottom right.

Ah okay, I've only played Battlefront 2 and the cards look different.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

:hmmyes:

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
But we actually know the real origin of snoke!

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

reignofevil posted:

Voldemort?

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

reignofevil posted:

and it isn't Jek Porkins?

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

karmicknight posted:

and it isn't Jek Porkins?

it's bigger Porkins, or Poorkins

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

Poor kins, thought of blasters and died.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

it's bigger Porkins, or Poorkins

Jeek Porkins.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/EHVFFkt.mp4

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?

Need to pair this with the post of Harrison Ford stoned in his underwear wielding a two by four

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

You may not like it, but this is what peak performance looks like.

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

I don’t need to know the story of this photo as I’ve already incorporated it into my Star Wars mind canon and the reality can only disappoint.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

dracula vladdy AF
May 6, 2011

fartknocker posted:

You may not like it, but this is what peak performance looks like.

If I recall correctly that was first posted in some photo thread on SA years ago by a goon who did so apropos of nothing. The first response was someone asking "why do you have that"

Robot Style
Jul 5, 2009

Yeah, IIRC he was helping Harrison's son clean out their attic or something and found the photo there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017