Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Spacedad posted:

One of the show's main writers confirmed that Adam is not dead, just wounded, and will be coming back in the second half of the season. Kevin Smith also further confirmed that He-man will be back as well. So yeah, the show is just setting up really dire stakes.

Article with that info here: https://variety.com/2021/tv/news/he-man-masters-of-the-universe-revelation-kevin-smith-netflix-1235026831/

It's not really surprising. If anything, it'd be more surprising if he was dead, given that he was stabbed through the side of his stomach rather than the heart. Plus, if he was stabbed through the chest just after returning it'd be kind of stupid writing; especially if he was to return from death yet again later in the show. That said, I wasn't a big fan of him returning at all. Not as the show framed it at least. As the other champions pointed out, he has to lay the burden down and pass it on at some point and there really is no good reason given why he had to return to wield the sword and it couldn't have been someone else, be that Teela, Andra or whoever using it. Also, I didn't know Allen Oppenheimer, Skeletor's original voice actor, was the one voicing Moss-Man. He was pretty great in the role.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Does Moss Man come back after the 1st episode or does he only appear when Skeleton burns his green body into ashes??

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Vietnamwees posted:

Does Moss Man come back after the 1st episode or does he only appear when Skeleton burns his green body into ashes??

Yes. He shows up again in episode 5.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
I know Cringer talked in the original but it's pretty corny to bring it back. I cracked up at how many characters I recognized, like Fisto punching someone with his fist.

I really liked the reboot from around twenty years ago (wow has it been that long?). They did a pretty good job fleshing out many of the side characters back then I think.

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

Spacedad posted:

One of the show's main writers confirmed that Adam is not dead, just wounded, and will be coming back in the second half of the season. Kevin Smith also further confirmed that He-man will be back as well. So yeah, the show is just setting up really dire stakes.

Article with that info here: https://variety.com/2021/tv/news/he-man-masters-of-the-universe-revelation-kevin-smith-netflix-1235026831/

lmao

"You really loving think Mattel Television, who hired me and paid me money, wants to do a loving 'Masters of the Universe' show without He-Man? Grow the gently caress up, man."
-Kevin Smith

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Larryb posted:

Huh, I never saw New Adventures but always assumed it was a sequel. How does that one hold up?

Speaking of, why is it that the 02 show seems to get a pass from the fanbase despite changing almost as much as the more modern shows did (hell, Cringer doesn’t even talk in that one)?

The New Adventures was a thing. And pretty much agreed to be horrible on almost all counts.

02 was quite beloved by the fanbase. Sure there were some sticklers but overall it was extremely well received. The biggest issues people had was with the toys and how many He-Man's and Skeletors flooded the pegs while other characters were hard as hell to get. It's widely credited as the reason it failed, due to Mattels lovely distribution. No toyline, no show.

Spacedad posted:

I also liked that Roboto is the counterpoint to Tri-Klops's technocult. He really is a transhuman - a being created out of the neuropathways of his creators - but he's compassionate, caring, and accepting of others different from himself. I'm vaguely wondering if Tri-Klops or his ilk might wind up humbling himself to this Robot Jesus making a possible miraculous 'return' in season 2. But yeah, Roboto shows that even with magic failing, maybe the technology can still offer hope - and in fact, he offers hope when he fuses magic with technology....which uh, makes me wonder if the magic fused with him might make him really do a Robot Jesus.

I can easily see a new Roboto being built, either Duncan uses his brain waves to create an older version or he has the back ups of his original ones so he can redo the whole process. He'd be like the old Roboto but capable of growing in a different new way. And maybe magic will bring him back, why not? Everything is possible, if he does return things could easily play out as you have said with the technologist cult bowing before him and learning from his wisdom. Be a hell of a way to cap that whole plotline.

The Last Call fucked around with this message at 01:47 on Jul 25, 2021

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

The Last Call posted:

The New Adventures was a thing. And pretty much agreed to be horrible on almost all counts.

02 was quite beloved by the fanbase. Sure there were some sticklers but overall it was extremely well received. The biggest issues people had was with the toys and how many He-Man's and Skeletors flooded the pegs while other characters were hard as hell to get. It's widely credited as the reason it failed, due to Mattels lovely distribution. No toyline, no show.

I can easily see a new Roboto being built, either Duncan uses his brain waves to create an older version or he has the back ups of his original ones so he can redo the whole process. He'd be like the old Roboto but capable of growing in a different new way. And maybe magic will bring him back, why not? Everything is possible, if he does return things could easily play out as you have said with the technologist cult bowing before him and learning from his wisdom. Be a hell of a way to cap that whole plotline.

I could also see the old heroes of Preternia coming back to Eternia for an "Avengers Assemble!" moment in the final battle and bringing a rebuilt Roboto with them when they return. He-Ro could easily slap him back together. Because they left the door wide open for that too.

HOMOEROTIC JESUS
Apr 19, 2018

Verily I say unto thee, That this night, before the cock crow, thou shalt deny me thrice.
Just started the first episode (e: he-chat) and this is glorious lmao

I love the ham going full blast, all the time

HOMOEROTIC JESUS fucked around with this message at 03:13 on Jul 25, 2021

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

The Last Call posted:

What was wrong with New Adventures out of curiosity?

On another note, Orko had some surprisingly profound moments/observations in Revelation. Did he ever get anything like that in the other shows?

Larryb fucked around with this message at 04:37 on Jul 25, 2021

ZeroPrimal
Feb 24, 2010

The slave becomes the master.
Watching some YouTube reviews of this show, I can’t imagine being this butthurt about a loving cartoon.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

ZeroPrimal posted:

Watching some YouTube reviews of this show, I can’t imagine being this butthurt about a loving cartoon.

Those same people have been angry about everything pop culture related since the summer of 2014. I'm surprised hypertension hasn't claimed a few of them yet.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

My consumption of He-Man amounts to watching some people essentially MST3K a bit of it during a Twitch marathon and heck if I remember any of the actual episode content

It's just amusing seeing all the obvious toy designs amidst the burly character designs

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Vinylshadow posted:

My consumption of He-Man amounts to watching some people essentially MST3K a bit of it during a Twitch marathon and heck if I remember any of the actual episode content

It's just amusing seeing all the obvious toy designs amidst the burly character designs

The opening of the first episode is great since it's 100% old toy designs.

side_burned
Nov 3, 2004

My mother is a fish.
I don't have Netfix at the moment does Revelation mention She-Ra?

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

side_burned posted:

I don't have Netfix at the moment does Revelation mention She-Ra?

Not in the first five episodes. The Horde gets a namedrop in episode 5, but no specific mentions of She-Ra, Adora, Etheria, or anything else from the other show. Same way Princess of Power treated He-Man.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all

ZeroPrimal posted:

I watched 3 last night with some Goons on Discord and every one of them had to make comparisons to The Last Jedi. The Last Jedi came out 3.5 years ago. Those brains are loving broken.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Larryb posted:

On another note, Orko had some surprisingly profound moments/observations in Revelation. Did he ever get anything like that in the other shows?

Kevin Smith does a (mostly) weekly video podcast on YouTube, and while his regular co-star and fellow Revelation writer, Marc Bernardin, was unavailable this week for personal reasons, he had Orko's voice actor for Revelation, Griffin Newman on. I'm only about half way through the episode at the moment, but they've spent the hour+ discussing the show and said some interesting stuff about it and the franchise as a whole. During that time they talked a bit about how they viewed Orko as basically the key to the new show, that if they could make people like Orko despite how goofy and annoying a lot of people found him in the original show that the rest of the show would follow, and that they wanted to smash him down and make him sympathetic by having him at his lowest point and still failing in his spells but begging to go on one last adventure, to highlight that despite his failings he's still got the heart of a heroic person and still wants to see the friends he's missed even at the cost of his own life.

Larryb posted:

Yeah, from what I understand the other series will be a complete reboot ala SPoP that’ll be a more full fledged show while this is just a short little sequel aimed at the older fans. Which is why I find it odd they’re splitting it up into parts like this (I wonder if Revelation Part 2 and the CGI series will wind up overlapping in terms of release dates or if the latter will start first)

Speaking of, now that Revelation is out I wouldn’t be surprised if they started promoting the other show before too much longer.

Another tidbit from the show is that as far as Smith knows the other show won't start until after Revelation has wrapped i.e. aired all 10 episodes. Which he reckons will be maybe later this year or early next year, because according to him the entire thing is basically done now. Bear McCreary just did the music for episode 10, the animation is all done etc. apparently. It's just waiting for Netflix to release at this point, essentially. Also, that there will be more. Netflix's Ted Biaselli is a huge Masters of the Universe fan, as well as Netflix's director of original content, and according to Smith he has a plan in his head for the show, so there'll almost certainly be more seasons of it and given that someone at Netlix is personally invested, it probably won't be cancelled after 2 or 3 seasons unless he's happy with where it's ended. It's also less likely that this season at least ends with any passing of the torch as people speculated if there are more seasons planned. The show might end with that as an epilogue thing, but the season probably won't.

nine-gear crow posted:

Also Orko's [episoode 4 of Revelations spoilers] death is clearly telegraphed to let you know he's coming back, I'll bet on it. You can clearly see he teleported away with Scare Glow before the explosion, the question is where? *cough*trolla*cough* And they're clearly going to need an absurdly powerful magic user to beat Skeletor and maybe win Lyn back from the dark side for good too. This poo poo ain't done yet, just you wait.

One last thing (at least for now) from the show, since I'm the only person here who likes Smith, as a least as a raconteur (I've only seen a few of his movies and never found any amazing), so pay some attention to his show to report it back to everyone else, is that [spoilers for Revelation's back half]they based Orko's death in Revelation on Gandalf's "death" in Lord of the Rings including using the line "back to the shadows with you" or whatever it is, and then going "and we all know Gandalf was dead for good and never came back". They also pointed out that despite all the poo poo people are giving Smith online about how he just killed Orko because he didn't like him, he did so in a 5 episode run where two characters that are apparently dead come back to life. So it's bizarre to even act with certainty that Orko is dead when Adam, Skeletor (and to some degree Moss Man) come back within a short while after apparently dying.

The Last Call posted:

Going by that Netflix The Toys That Made Us show, one of the main reasons Mattel felt the original show floundered after a few years and the franchise's profits plummeted from $400 million to $7 in the space of one year was because the shelves were flooded with z-list characters like Buzz-Off and there were no He-Man or Skeletor figures so most kids couldn't ever get the ones they wanted as a way into the franchise. So I'd assume He-Man and Skeletor flooding the pegs for the reboot was them trying to make the numbers even out a bit more and over-correcting in the end. I know Star Wars and other companies have it down to a T at this point, that they produce this many core characters to this many secondary and tertiary characters by ratio for any given line, and then send x amount to each area so that no one area is flooded and people have to search around to complete the set etc, but all that was (a) probably not as well researched and developed in the early 2000s and (b) is presumably built on the failures of shows like that He-Man reboot.

tsob fucked around with this message at 11:34 on Jul 25, 2021

Dave Syndrome
Jan 11, 2007
Look, Bernard. Bernard, look. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Bernard! Bernard. Bernard. Look, Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard! Look! Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Look, Bernard! Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Bern

tsob posted:

since I'm the only person here who likes Smith

For what it's worth, you're not the only one. I listen to Fatman Beyond regularly, and I find Smith enormously sincere and genuinely well-meaning in nearly everything he does. The idea that certain creative decisions might have been done "to spite the fans" is so ridiculous if you listen to him for any length of time.

Now Bernardin, he's a snarky one, and for all the brilliant writing ideas he brings up in the podcast (especially when they discuss movies and Marc brings up simple ideas to improve the movie, inevitably prompting Kevin to yell "Stop writing a better movie than the one I saw!"), I didn't find his episode all that impressive. Mer-Man in particular was severely underwritten.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

tsob posted:

One last thing (at least for now) from the show, since I'm the only person here who likes Smith, as a least as a raconteur (I've only seen a few of his movies and never found any amazing), so pay some attention to his show to report it back to everyone else, is that [spoilers for Revelation's back half]they based Orko's death in Revelation on Gandalf's "death" in Lord of the Rings including using the line "back to the shadows with you" or whatever it is, and then going "and we all know Gandalf was dead for good and never came back". They also pointed out that despite all the poo poo people are giving Smith online about how he just killed Orko because he didn't like him, he did so in a 5 episode run where two characters that are apparently dead come back to life. So it's bizarre to even act with certainty that Orko is dead when Adam, Skeletor (and to some degree Moss Man) come back within a short while after apparently dying.

Yeah, I watched that episode of FatMan Beyond too and was like "caaaaaaalled it!" Also the comments on that video are hilarious from a schadenfreude perspective. This show has either cracked some hella brains or put some big giant new cracks in some already cracked brains and adult people are literally going to die mad at Kevin Smith for breaking their toys.

Griffin Newman is a man after my own heart. The perfect nexus of being endearingly sincere, vulnerable, and loving... and also completely loving done with all of this chud bullshit, piss off.

nine-gear crow fucked around with this message at 11:58 on Jul 25, 2021

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Spacedad posted:

Gotta coddle those fanboys!

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Yeah, this show actually made Orko likable to me (as I said, little guy’s got some surprisingly profound moments).

Speaking of, how did they handle him in the 2002 series? Was he still just comic relief or was there a bit more to him than that?

nine-gear crow posted:

Not in the first five episodes. The Horde gets a namedrop in episode 5, but no specific mentions of She-Ra, Adora, Etheria, or anything else from the other show. Same way Princess of Power treated He-Man.

The brief description of the CGI series in a recent magazine article did mention it would pay homage to every incarnation of the franchise in some way so maybe we’ll get a bit of She-Ra stuff there at least.

Speaking of, I would love to see some of the SPoP cast come back even if they weren’t playing the same version of their characters.

Larryb fucked around with this message at 14:14 on Jul 25, 2021

Dave Syndrome
Jan 11, 2007
Look, Bernard. Bernard, look. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Bernard! Bernard. Bernard. Look, Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard! Look! Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Look, Bernard! Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Bern

Larryb posted:

Speaking of, how did they handle him in the 2002 series? Was he still just comic relief or was there a bit more to him than that?

He was pretty much the same bumbling comic relief (and I recall he wasn't in it a lot, but I may be misremembering), BUT
we get a flashback into the past where King Grayskull consults an oracle, who is essentially a big powerful non-comical Trollan, who may or may not be a time-displaced Orko (as fans have speculated). Since the series was cancelled, however, nothing was ever confirmed or denied.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Larryb posted:

Yeah, this show actually made Orko likable to me (as I said, little guy’s got some surprisingly profound moments).

The brief description of the CGI series in a recent magazine article did mention it would pay homage to every incarnation of the franchise in some way so maybe we’ll get a bit of She-Ra stuff there at least.

Speaking of, I would love to see some of the SPoP cast come back even if they weren’t playing the same version of their characters.

A She-Ra crossover featuring Adora and Catra could be fun, if they're introduced as apparent arch-enemies but turn out to be an extremely married couple.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
I adored He-man when I was a kid, like absolutely loved it to death. Never watched any of the later reboots or remakes, I'm at ep 3 and really enjoying revelation so far. I loved all the callbacks to the toys in the first ep. Plus enjoying the jokes and the obvious affection that the show has for the original series.

Why are people so mad at this?

Now, the CGI He-Man image :bahgawd:

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

hooman posted:

I adored He-man when I was a kid, like absolutely loved it to death. Never watched any of the later reboots or remakes, I'm at ep 3 and really enjoying revelation so far. I loved all the callbacks to the toys in the first ep. Plus enjoying the jokes and the obvious affection that the show has for the original series.

I genuinely think it's just that there's a crummy little cottage industry, post-Gamergate, that's built on farming clicks for "thing from your childhood has been ruined by the SJWs!" and as such when literally any reboot of an 80s property comes out, they astroturf a bunch of incendiary takes on it. It doesn't really matter what the contents of the reboot are - if it features a woman in a leading role at all, that's likely to be enough.

I think literally the only way to please them would be, like, a reboot of an 80s show where the main character looks at the audience in the first episode and says, "I, an action figure sales vehicle from 1982, endorse traditional masculinity and hate feminism", and then only because the same inane sites could farm clicks about that.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

hooman posted:

I have no problem with the look of the CGI series from what very little we’ve seen so far (aside from the toy making He-Man look like Kirstoff from Frozen). As for the remakes/reboots, they’re not perfect but I’d say they’re all still worth a watch in my opinion.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
If She-Ra PoP and this new He-Man are in the same continuity (they arent, as far as I know) it would be fun to see how they address the fact that in PoP the First Ones, a.k.a. the Eternians, are a bunch of colonisers who are responsible for a lot of dodgy poo poo.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Larryb posted:

I have no problem with the look of the CGI series from what very little we’ve seen so far (aside from the toy making He-Man look like Kirstoff from Frozen). As for the remakes/reboots, they’re not perfect but I’d say they’re all still worth a watch in my opinion.

Maybe it will grow on me. I think especially cringers armor, makes it try to look too "cool" and spiky but just makes me think of a Zoid and while I appreciate that the exaggerated proportions are an artistic choice it rubs against all my kid nostalgia.

I don't think I'd mind it as much if He-man was proportioned a little more... humanly. If he were less top heavy it wouldn't be rubbing me the wrong way.
It looks like a video game character that someone has bought a "he-man" skin for.
I'll check out those older series.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

hooman posted:

Maybe it will grow on me. I think especially cringers armor, makes it try to look too "cool" and spiky but just makes me think of a Zoid and while I appreciate that the exaggerated proportions are an artistic choice it rubs against all my kid nostalgia.

I don't think I'd mind it as much if He-man was proportioned a little more... humanly. If he were less top heavy it wouldn't be rubbing me the wrong way.
It looks like a video game character that someone has bought a "he-man" skin for.
I'll check out those older series.

Wait, there’s a Cringer picture from the CGI show (I’ve only seen He-Man, Skeletor, and a leaked picture of what I assume is Sorceress)? Got a link?

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Larryb posted:

Wait, there’s a Cringer picture from the CGI show (I’ve only seen He-Man, Skeletor, and a leaked picture of what I assume is Sorceress)? Got a link?

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Oh yeah, I remember that now (it was one of the first images released for that matter). I agree, the redesigned Cringer battle form does look like a Zoid.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Also, was Andra a new character or has she appeared in the franchise before?

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Larryb posted:

Also, was Andra a new character or has she appeared in the franchise before?

She appeared once in a single comic or something according to her VA on the Masters Of the Universe: Revelation: Revelations aftershow on Netflix. She was a very minor character they expanded on regardless.

Edit: Also, apparently the reason that Netflix split the season is simply because if there is a second season they don't wait an extended wait without any content from the show, so if they split the season(s) they can reduce it to 6 or 9 months between content rather than a year+ between seasons.

Edit 2: Also, apparently Method Man will be voicing a character in the second batch of the season. They didn't say who, just that he was doing some voice work on the show.

tsob fucked around with this message at 15:54 on Jul 25, 2021

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008

Android Blues posted:

I think literally the only way to please them would be, like, a reboot of an 80s show where the main character looks at the audience in the first episode and says, "I, an action figure sales vehicle from 1982, endorse traditional masculinity and hate feminism", and then only because the same inane sites could farm clicks about that.

There is no pleasing, they will find or create a point to exploit for their grift. See also The Mandalorian where they hated the buff strong competent woman until she got fired for racism/transphobia/antisemitism and then they loved her.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Courtesy of Fatman Beyond we have a few more bits of info from Kevin himself:

-Adam vs Skelegod happens in episode seven and is a mammoth seven minute fight (it’s looking likely the last three episodes will deal with Eternia about to be destroyed and Teela becoming The Sorceress)

-Orko isn’t dead either

-Production on Revelation is pretty much already done by this point and it seems the CG series likely won’t premiere until after the second half is out (it’s possible that a Revelation Season 2 might be a thing in the future as well)

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
I'm calling it now, the second half will feature way more He-Man and all the chuds will pat themselves on the back for winning the battle against woke media. Ignoring the fact that the second half was finished long before the review bombing.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Out of curiosity, the credits went by a bit too fast for me to see but did Mark Hamill also voice Scareglow or was that someone else?

Edit: He’s voiced by Tony Todd apparently (and Scareglow himself is another holdover that was previously exclusive to the toys/comics).

Larryb fucked around with this message at 18:16 on Jul 25, 2021

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Larryb posted:

What was wrong with New Adventures out of curiosity?

Orko in the original show was the standard goofy silly sidekick that was constant in cartoons of the time. He was often shouting for He Man and with his voice it likely grated on some people. Now as a kid at the time I wasn't bothered by him, like I said he was the standard silly goof sidekick, every show had one. The older you were though he tended to annoy people. His inability to get spells right was basically his main method of being funny. In the 02 remake I honestly can't remember a thing about him.

Now to New Adventures. This came two years after the original line had wrapped and to be frank not alot of people knew this even existed. Most learned about it later on the net and sought it out. Be it those who watched it originally or sought it out were often both disappointed. The show went in a whole new direction, it had He-Man and Skeletor but had a whole new cast of characters with all the old ones gone. It took place in space and the character designs could be generously described as bland at best.

Ie:

The guy in the middle, it's He Man, can't you tell?

Good ol Skelly:

So yeah, people were not fans of the redesigns. The new baddies were mutants, it was 1990 so of course they were. The developers did try to make things new and fresh but they removed far too much of what people loved about the original show, I mean when you got only two characters from the original show some folk ain't going to be happy.
Add in designs that thrilled no one and it's no surprised this wasn't loved. Didn't help that a certain lean mean green team of ninjas were the hot new thing that crushed all those that dared to try and challenge it.

BTW for those who want a great He-Man series to read a number of years ago came out a bunch of comics that had everything, including the Horde, Hordak and Adora/She-Ra. It's top notch stuff and worth tracking down if you can find it. It's kinda remarkable since the rights to He-Man and She-Ra are two different groups, hence why they don't cross over or mention the other lately. Bit of a tangled web that is.

The Last Call fucked around with this message at 19:15 on Jul 25, 2021

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Yeah, New Adventures He-Man wasn't even on Eternia, like he and Skeletor got transplanted for whatever reason and it was just not good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
That reminds me of Spider-Man Unlimited where someone had the brilliant idea to strip away everything people knew about Spider-Man and send in into an alternate universe to fight animal hybrids.