Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
This just makes me hope more and more nerd poo poo keeps doing stuff to piss of incels. Marvel, make Cap Marvel and Scarlet Witch hook up and lead the Avengers as a power couple, Star Wars make Rey a Sith Lord with some bad rear end lady apprentice and Kylo Ren's secret sister the rebel Jedi Leader. GI Joe make Snake Eyes bi. Fast and Furious, make everyone gay, I mean everyone. Star Trek, keep doing what you're doing. Hollywood can unite and make the incel movement dead from strokes within 2 years if they wanted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
I’m just super done with nerds in general. I’m working a booth at another con this weekend and the first fat gently caress who walked in heckled my sister for doing a blockprint of Cassandra from AC: Odyssey but not the male character.

Basically:

swickles posted:

This just makes me hope more and more nerd poo poo keeps doing stuff to piss of incels. Marvel, make Cap Marvel and Scarlet Witch hook up and lead the Avengers as a power couple, Star Wars make Rey a Sith Lord with some bad rear end lady apprentice and Kylo Ren's secret sister the rebel Jedi Leader. GI Joe make Snake Eyes bi. Fast and Furious, make everyone gay, I mean everyone. Star Trek, keep doing what you're doing. Hollywood can unite and make the incel movement dead from strokes within 2 years if they wanted.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Bring Back Wedgies

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Big Mean Jerk posted:

I’m just super done with nerds in general. I’m working a booth at another con this weekend and the first fat gently caress who walked in heckled my sister for doing a blockprint of Cassandra from AC: Odyssey but not the male character.

Basically:

The gently caress? So that's who's playing maleshep I guess.

swickles posted:

Fast and Furious, make everyone gay, I mean everyone.

Something something that's the real reason they call him "Dom."

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

Masters of the Universe is doing wonders for tuning my YouTube algorithm. Every video that comes up with a title and how they ruined the franchise, "Don't recommend channel anymore."

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

SunshineDanceParty posted:

All this Weeds, Sons of Anarchy, and a bit further Dexter talk has me wondering what are the shows airing now that have gone completely off the rails? I'm missing that what the gently caress are they doing energy and I'm not watching anything like that.

Unpopular opinion: The Expanse

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I wouldn't say it's gone off the rails but seasons 4 and 5 slowed down to a crawl. Someone edit each season into 90 minute movies. I think we got the first filler episode too where everyone got blind from deadly alien snails.

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

I let you know me, see me. I gave you a rare gift, but you didn't want it.

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

This season of Dave has been amazing!

It's so good. Don't ask reddit though, all they think is WHY ISN'T HE RAPPING ABOUT HIS SMALL DICK

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Brock Samson posted:

It's so good. Don't ask reddit though, all they think is WHY ISN'T HE RAPPING ABOUT HIS SMALL DICK

They lost their minds over the bromance episode and it was beautiful.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Dave on the XXL set totally flopping was so rough I had to hit forward 10 seconds a few times, just couldn't handle the bombing cringe. At first the show was kind of just more-lil-dicky, but this season goes to great lengths to show how much and in how many different ways this dude sucks that have nothing to do with his penis or awkwardness that he thinks are the reasons he sucks or are funny about him.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I need to give the show a watch, but I can't ever get over the fact of all the people he could've chosen to work with, he picked Chris Brown.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Hbo Max has documentary on Woodstock 99 and it is PHENOMENAL

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

The best woodstock because it had limp bizkit

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Hbo Max has documentary on Woodstock 99 and it is PHENOMENAL

Yeah it's pretty great. Watched it this afternoon. I was too young and too smart to go but I remember it well. I watched some of it on PPV at a friend's house.

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

streaming platform chat: how is every movie being released right now not available to at least rent. actually laughed when I saw that A Quiet Place 2 was touting ‘EXCLUSIVELY IN THEATRES’. I just want to see the magic beach movie

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

They probably made deals with theater chains to release certain movies only in theaters because they are dying out

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

There's a rumor floating around that Barry will film season 3 and 4 back to back. The idea seems to mostly spring from the interview Hader gave where he said that the Covid downtime gave him enough time to write s4.

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

I can’t spend 24 bucks on a movie ticket even if I wanted to my area is gonna be in lockdown intermittently forever. I just wanna see Miles from Lost get old on a beach!!

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Just wait 3 months at most and it'll be on some streaming service.

E: it's already been :filez:

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Lucifer's final season will hit Netflix on Sept 10th.

Also I'm watching Masters of the Universe: Revelations and not really a fan of Teela's redesign. Not because I think it is a bad look but it just feels completely out of place compared to every other character.

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
Just getting started with Dave

good stuff

edit:

:lol: I'm loving this.

isaboo fucked around with this message at 06:18 on Jul 25, 2021

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

zoux posted:

https://twitter.com/frknbns/status/1282436298360455169

This is a future state exhibit in a serial killer trial

Is this better or worse than the guy who broke onto the TNG set to film his own tour of the Enterprise and ended up breaking the set in the process?

Pedro De Heredia
May 30, 2006

Mu Zeta posted:

I wouldn't say it's gone off the rails but seasons 4 and 5 slowed down to a crawl. Someone edit each season into 90 minute movies. I think we got the first filler episode too where everyone got blind from deadly alien snails.

I think most of The Expanse is badly paced.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
Somehow I totally missed until now that they're doing more Dexter?

Why are they doing more Dexter??

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
The Kevin Can gently caress Himself finale is going to be hard to beat. Genuinely fantastic. It and Creamerie are my two new favourite shows this year, and I really hope they get more attention.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Stupid work meaning I can’t watch Kevin, Black Monday, and Evil asap!!!!!!

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Escobarbarian posted:

Stupid work meaning I can’t watch Kevin, Black Monday, and Evil asap!!!!!!

Sundays are insane good tv days. Shame Kevin and Evil are going on breaks.

Hopefully they renew Kevin.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Zaphod42 posted:

Because we are sinners all and we must atone

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
I was expecting Kevin to wrap up with this season, it's such an interesting concept, but I think it would have worked better as a limited series.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Zaphod42 posted:

Because you touched yourself and the lord is punishing you.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

PSA: Garth Merenghi's Darkplace is now on Amazon Prime.

HOLY FUCK
Mar 31, 2007

Cats are terrifying, everyone knows that! 'Cause they're witches! And they've got knives in their feet!

muscles like this! posted:

PSA: Garth Merenghi's Darkplace is now on Amazon Prime.

YESSS.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OO-ZGP68-3w

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
I really hope that Kevin Can gently caress Himself goes on for another season. It's such a good concept and the main cast is quite good.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
Masters of the Universe is great I always wanted to see my favorite childhood toys process grief.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

Masters of the Universe is great I always wanted to see my favorite childhood toys process grief.

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

Is Carnivale worth watching the whole way through? I'm on episode 6 or 7, and its generally pretty good but it feels like the kind of thing where mysteries are set up but never resolved. And it probably doesn't help that it was cancelled early.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Season 1 is super slow and season 2 is way too fast. Despite that it does tell a satisfying story. It was obviously meant to continue but it's still good.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Does anyone have a handy article or podcast that really goes over the behavior and circumstances that led to Dan Harmon being fired off Community? Just curious to know as I'm reaching the end of the 3rd season in my rewatch, what it would have taken for him to be let go. I have a vague memory of a lot of drama.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Shageletic posted:

Does anyone have a handy article or podcast that really goes over the behavior and circumstances that led to Dan Harmon being fired off Community? Just curious to know as I'm reaching the end of the 3rd season in my rewatch, what it would have taken for him to be let go. I have a vague memory of a lot of drama.

The short version is that he was a drunk, he was sexually harassing female writers and he refused to listen to anything NBC executives sent about the scripts (and allegedly went on drunken rants at them on multiple occasions). And noted rear end in a top hat himself Chevy Chase got to the point that he refused to work with Harmon anymore. So NBC fired him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010

Ramrod Hotshot posted:

Is Carnivale worth watching the whole way through? I'm on episode 6 or 7, and its generally pretty good but it feels like the kind of thing where mysteries are set up but never resolved. And it probably doesn't help that it was cancelled early.
If I remember correctly, there were supposed to be three "books" comprised of two seasons each, so getting cancelled after season 2 leaves a lot unresolved, but there's still the feel of having some sort of narrative closure.