Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What of the announced new shows are you most excited about?
This poll is closed.
Uzumaki 29 33.33%
Fena Pirate Princess 13 14.94%
That Blade Runner Thing 5 5.75%
Trick Question: They're all bad 14 16.09%
Please just rerun Cowboy Bebop 26 29.89%
Total: 74 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

Wer ist bereit zu tanzen?
you're going to loving die here, Nameless Dipshit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Rhonne posted:

We didn't even see the third chef.

We didn't even find out what they were cooking in that match

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

fit em all up in there posted:

When will it be my turn

:smith:

Start working on your blood vessel severing technique and it will be soon my friend!

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

Rhonne posted:

We didn't even see the third chef.

are we certain they weren't just the janitor?

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012

The Shame Boy posted:

Start working on your blood vessel severing technique and it will be soon my friend!
Christ, everything about that moment really does scream “Funny guy decides to annihilate somebody”, huh.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

what the gently caress is black clover's tone, man

it feels like it's going for one piece style hijinks but like, wacky monkeycheese random

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

The Shame Boy posted:

I don't know how well that go with this peanut butter and jelly sandwich I'm making but here we go

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp

Arist posted:

it feels like it's going for one piece style hijinks but like, wacky monkeycheese random

well this episode looks like tryhard serious so

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

wha! wha! Baby Yuno want milk! Someone fetch him a nipple!

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp
wait yuno is royalty, gently caress it

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

How is this guy's memory magic thing showing him the parts he wasen't there for

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Arist posted:

I think you hit it with One Piece. It's just doing that "here's a serious story but now our wacky quirky characters are gonna do some dumb poo poo"

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp
another psycho girl, writer's got a type huh

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

World Tree type magic. Legally distinct from Wood Style Jutsu!

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

The Shame Boy posted:

World Tree type magic. Legally distinct from Wood Style Jutsu!

Well it's wood magic but better.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

It's always been strange to me that the deep lore of the Narutoverse was not that long ago in the long term of their history.Hashirama and Madara are only like 2 or 3 generations down from the OG Ninja after all.

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

The ads I keep getting for the new suicide squad makes me think its gonna be for MHA

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

I'm really surprised that I still haven't had the ending of Attack on Titan spoiled.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Rudoku posted:

I'm really surprised that I still haven't had the ending of Attack on Titan spoiled.

Yeah I’m in uncharted territory at this point. The exploding shitchair was the last thing in the manga I knew about.

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

Rudoku posted:

Boy, are you guys gonna be surprised when you find out :ssh: all the Titans are regular-people sized and this was all secretly a Borrowers prequel :ssh:

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

they're currently doing the men's triathalon, and holy rollers I had forgotten that they built a goddamned full-scale gundam. i hate that franchise but damned if I'm not in awe of that absolute unit.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Argus Zant posted:

they're currently doing the men's triathalon, and holy rollers I had forgotten that they built a goddamned full-scale gundam. i hate that franchise but damned if I'm not in awe of that absolute unit.

it’s awesome, yeah, but call me when it dances like Michael Jackson

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

NGL kind of annoyed with Yuno being secretly royal. Because that just means his strength actually does come from being a royal. Kind of undermines the message of the show.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

muscles like this! posted:

NGL kind of annoyed with Yuno being secretly royal. Because that just means his strength actually does come from being a royal. Kind of undermines the message of the show.
Not.. really? Yuno's entire thing is that he's just inherently lucky and gets every conceivable break to make him more powerful as a traditional spellcaster.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Also it was the Clover Kingdom Royals and Nobles that got their super high mana pools by killing the Elves and stealing their Magic. The Spade Kingdom had nothing to do with that. Plus we already know the primary reason for his large amount of mana was because he was an Elf reincarnation.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

How did an elf get reincarnated in Spade Kingdom though?

I thought the elf reincarnation spell only worked in the Clover Kingdom.

Why the gently caress am I giving any serious thought to Black Clover poo poo?

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

I. M. Gei posted:

How did an elf get reincarnated in Spade Kingdom though?

I thought the elf reincarnation spell only worked in the Clover Kingdom.

Why the gently caress am I giving any serious thought to Black Clover poo poo?

Probably cause the baby was brought over to Clover.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

MonsterEnvy posted:

Probably cause the baby was brought over to Clover.

Right but wasn’t the baby’s body explicitly crafted in-utero to be both compatible with a specific elf and bear a physical resemblence to that (future grown-up) elf? How’d that happen all the way over in Spade, where Yuno’s baby momma was when Yuno got borned?

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

I. M. Gei posted:

Right but wasn’t the baby’s body explicitly crafted in-utero to be both compatible with a specific elf and bear a physical resemblence to that (future grown-up) elf? How’d that happen all the way over in Spade, where Yuno’s baby momma was when Yuno got borned?

It’s probably cause it was a weird edge case in several ways, cause it was a half elf child and baby. Also I don’t think anything would stop the soul from drifting over to Spade instead of remaining in Clover.

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

Toonamis next 2 weeks:

8/1

quote:

12:00 AM-1:00 AM- My Hero Academia
1 AM to 1:30 AM-Yashahime
1:30 AM to 2:30 AM: Food Wars (season 3 finale)
2:30 AM: Naurto Shippuden
3:00 AM: AOT
3:30 AM: DB Super

8/7:

quote:

10:30 PM-5:00 AM: Harley Quinn Marathon

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

fit em all up in there posted:

Toonamis next 2 weeks:

8/1

gently caress I’m gonna be gone next week. Are these all repeats?

EDIT: gently caress ME I’m gonna miss the finale of Food Wars!! :cry:

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

quote:

"Set sail on August 14th with a special hour-long premiere of Fena: Pirate Princess. Then on August 21, Toonami is whipping up the premiere of Food Wars! season four at 1:30a. Check out the full lineups below!"
Line up update

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Oh boy, you guys are gonna get pissed off by one episode in particular along with me

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

well now I feel slightly better about missing the Food Wars season 3 finale

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
the more i see of fena the less interested i become

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

https://youtu.be/qPTCxnQE7ps

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Once there was a girl named Fena who was Princess of the Pirates. She had fame, power, and wealth beyond your wildest dreams.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Exactly how much shenanigans will take place on tonight’s Food Wars, and approximately what percentage of them will involve Dat rear end?

I am trying to figure out if I’ll be able to watch it live or not.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Funky Valentine posted:

Once there was a girl named Fena who was Princess of the Pirates. She had fame, power, and wealth beyond your wildest dreams.

IT"S THE NAME OF THE TREASURE IN THE GRAND LINE EDEN!

huh, Eden doesn't have much a punch in rap form does it :(

Also it's Fen-ah and not Fee-nah? I have been saying it wrong this whole time!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

PREVIOUSLY, ON TOONAMI

My Hero Academia - Hot Coldman and 'Splosion Man pass their idiot exam and finally get their probationary power permits just in time to save Christmas from a team of goobers going on a purse-snatching spree.

Dr. Stone - Tsukasa's been fatally injured by Hyoga, meaning that our only hope of saving him... is to euthanize him here and now and then keep his body on ice next to the shredded potatoes and dinosaur embryos. Yeah, we're sorta flying by the seat of our pants here and hoping that if we can find a way to re-petrify his corpse, casting SOFT on it again will regenerate his rear end the same way it re-build his sister's neocortex. Anyway, the world-ending cockatrice doesn't seem to still be hanging around in Japan, so that means we're gonna have to look elsewhere.

Yashahime - We hunted down and kicked Red Skelton's rear end, because I guess his style of mid-20th century humor just didn't translate very well to feudal Japan.

Food Wars - The final showdown against the nazis starts at the Volkshalle, with Round 1 being Soma, Satoshi, and Some Dude VS A Nazi, Some Rando, and The Janitor, respectively. I could say something about the deck being obviously stacked here, but I think the nazi team being 66% composed of characters we've never seen or heard of before says it for me.

Black Clover Episode 160: The Wicker Skullcrusher Mountain - The septannual World Organized Martial Battling Athletics Tournament games are officially commenced.

BACK-TO-BACK DOUBLE DOSE OF MHA TONIGHT
FOOD WARS ENDS TONIGHT WITH A DOUBLE SERVING @ 0130

It has been 31 weeks since Cowboy Bebop was last on Toonami