Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Epsilon Plus has reached a majority vote! (again)

As a result, he has died.

Epsilon Plus was Scum-aligned. His role was Adonis.

quote:

1-shot lunchproof. When a majority vote is reached on you, the day ends with no death.

This ability expires when 8 town players have died.

It is now Night 4.

[sorry for taking so long for the flip, I was asleep.]

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 4

Epsilon Plus (5): b-minus1, t a s t e, merk, merk, Toalpaz, Sandwolf, Maerlyn
t a s t e (1): Sandwolf, Bifauxnen, Sandwolf
Sandwolf (0): t a s t e, t a s t e
b-minus1 (0): Maerlyn, Maerlyn

Not Voting (3): Epsilon Plus, merk, PlasticAutomaton

With 9 alive, it's 5 votes to execute. The current deadline is July 27th, 2021 at 3:09 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 1 day, 17 hours.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Toalpaz was killed during Night 4!

Toalpaz was VANILLA TOWN.

It is now day 5.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 5

Not Voting (7): b-minus1, Bifauxnen, Maerlyn, merk, PlasticAutomaton, Sandwolf, t a s t e

With 7 alive, it's 4 votes to execute. The current deadline is July 31st, 2021 at 8:23 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 5 days, 18 hours.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Thanks for sorting things out while I was asleep, folks. After having that nice break things look way simpler than I thought.

votefinder posted:

Not Voting (3): Epsilon Plus, merk, PlasticAutomaton

Merk was just unvoting to think for a while... it's Plastic.

It's a classic quiet/lurker scum team leading to town tearing itself apart day after day.

##vote Plastic

If anyone wants to come at me first for dropping Epsilon though I won't mind since we got plenty of room for error now I think.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

votefinder posted:

The current deadline is July 31st, 2021 at 8:23 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 5 days, 18 hours.

Lmao Steak you actually did it, you figured out how to break the SA maf meta

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

This av has been socialized, viva la Revolución

I won't early hammer, let's just take all 5 days to really sort this out.

Clearly Ep had me fooled or I just wasn't paying as close attention as everyone else.

I'll reread Plastic because I also had a town vibe with them too.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

That round ended way faster than any we've had yet, and I wasn't even at my computer for the majority of the day to vote. I'd much rather just get this game over with though, so let's vote the guy who has a bullshit super doctor claim, was blatantly stalling for time to save Meen, and was still reaching for reasons to vote Sandwolf after he outed himself as a hard confirmed town role.

##vote: Taste

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Maerlyn posted:

Clearly Ep had me fooled or I just wasn't paying as close attention as everyone else.

I'll reread Plastic because I also had a town vibe with them too.

Oh right, there could maaaaaaaybe still be two scum left instead of just one, doesn't seem likely but maybe I should retract my "room for error" comment.

If it's not game over after lunching Plastic, then it's likely Maerlyn cause this "oh man he had me fooled" chat is pinging the hell out of me

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

I think calling taste's doc claim bullshit but sandwolf's not is a stretch (it's all self reported until a flip or a counterclaim).

I do want to hear about night actions, if Sand was blocked again or who taste tried to protect.

Bif if I were scum why would I hammer Ep with 2 days left before deadline? Let's not forget you weren't on the Ep vote as well since you made a note to point it out.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

We've had an entire day and no counterclaim to Sandwolf's claim. Meanwhile Taste is going on about how much his doctor role has and isn't on the cop.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Maerlyn posted:

I think calling taste's doc claim bullshit but sandwolf's not is a stretch (it's all self reported until a flip or a counterclaim).

I do want to hear about night actions, if Sand was blocked again or who taste tried to protect.

Bif if I were scum why would I hammer Ep with 2 days left before deadline? Let's not forget you weren't on the Ep vote as well since you made a note to point it out.

If it looks like it's gonna happen anyway, at least try and grab at the cred while you can! That's why.

But yes I think Plastic is more likely than you.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

my action failed again

woulda given binus a gun with taste as a target

taste your targets?

I could see Plastic or Maerlyn or Bif at this point. I don't think it's merk. I have a hard town read on binus.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

yeah I'd go Plastic

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Sandwolf posted:

my action failed again

woulda given binus a gun with taste as a target

taste your targets?

I could see Plastic or Maerlyn or Bif at this point. I don't think it's merk. I have a hard town read on binus.

Yeah, on top of binus' vote yesterday, the way Epsilon was trying to make that early fakecase on binus way back in D1 is too nonsensical to be an early distance move. A scum bus post would have made more sense.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

Maerlyn posted:

Hell no lol. Lets end the game today. There’s probably only one scum left and I agree with bif, it’s probably plastic. We’ve killed 3 scum. We can afford to be wrong a few times now.

##vote plastic

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

PlasticAutomaton posted:

That round ended way faster than any we've had yet, and I wasn't even at my computer for the majority of the day to vote. I'd much rather just get this game over with though, so let's vote the guy who has a bullshit super doctor claim, was blatantly stalling for time to save Meen, and was still reaching for reasons to vote Sandwolf after he outed himself as a hard confirmed town role.

##vote: Taste

This feels very fake. Didn’t consider you at all until this post.

##vote plastic

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
That’s -1.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Over the night I looked at taste again, and I can’t believe a scum taste would call Sandwolf stupid in gamesmanship. Btw, that post was really lovely, taste.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 5

PlasticAutomaton (3): Bifauxnen, b-minus1, merk
t a s t e (1): PlasticAutomaton

Not Voting (3): Maerlyn, Sandwolf, t a s t e

With 7 alive, it's 4 votes to execute. The current deadline is July 31st, 2021 at 8:23 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 5 days, 12 hours.

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

I'm not opposed to Plastic, should I just early hammer again? Lol

If Plastic flips town I could see it being Bif.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Just hammer.

Plastic, on day 1, avoided E+, votes Meen right before Meen's fake meltdown, and literally avoids all discussion of any other scum buddy.

Today, Plastic is hoping that my comment last night about it being taste will help carry the day somehow. There isn't any real thought behind the vote - it looks like desperation from a dying scum team.

I'm pretty sure this is right.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Maerlyn posted:

This, however, I do not like. Setting up tomorrow today... :allears:

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Only reason to not hammer right now is to see if Taste will show up with some thoughts. Although if lunching Plastic doesn't end the game, I can't really imagine Taste would be the NK so it's proooobably fine.

Even if deadline wasn't five days away, it's pretty normal for late game to speed up anyway. Less people and actions to sort through, less bouncing off each other that needs to be done.

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

There seems to be something convenient in light of Eps flip with Bif going hard for him D1 and subsequent days but backing off possibly around the time he would have been in actual danger (I didn't do my math, just a hypothesis).

I'm just suspicious; my reads have been off all game, why would they be good now?

##vote Plastic

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
:redhammer: I say, chap, that appears to be the crimson mallet for PlasticAutomaton.

Votecount for Day 5
With 7 alive, it's 4 votes to execute. The current deadline is July 31st, 2021 at 8:23 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 5 days, 11 hours.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Maerlyn posted:

merk posted:

This, however, I do not like. Setting up tomorrow today... :allears:

Someday I dream of becoming the uberscum people believe I am capable of.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Steak is offline Discord again, so we might have another day long suspense.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
PlasticAutomaton has reached a majority vote!

As a result, he has died.

Plastic Automaton was Scum-aligned. His role was Cop/Maniac.

quote:

Once per night, you may do one of the following:

-Track a player (see who they visit).

-Watch a player (see who visits them).

-Roleblock a player.

After you visit a player, they are silently “marked”. If you visit a marked player, you will be told your target’s alignment. This result may not be tampered with.
-----------------
If you have access to a kill, you may apply one of the following bonuses:

-Juggernaut: the kill bypasses all protection and blocks. (One-shot)
-Ninja: you cannot be seen performing the kill. (One-shot)

Well, it appears that's the end of the game. Town wins!

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
good game...?

interesting roles steak, thanks for running for us! :)

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Welp looking forward to seeing the mod doc cause I still have no idea wtf with the role copying lol

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4
sorry for letting my team down :( I woke up sunday morning thinking "oh poo poo, I was in a game of mafia, wasn't I?" and then I checked and I was Dead

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

Why so many drat VT steak, lol

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

Thanks for running it though :)

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Having Toal and Sandwolf get confirmed really hurt scum. I really think you have to be careful balancing roles that mod confirm players as town. The scum team looks kind of farty compared to just those two roles alone.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Epsilon Plus posted:

sorry for letting my team down :( I woke up sunday morning thinking "oh poo poo, I was in a game of mafia, wasn't I?" and then I checked and I was Dead

Plastic should've never broke kayfabe, then he coulda been the scum misleading me all game through the masonry

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

merk posted:

Having Toal and Sandwolf get confirmed really hurt scum. I really think you have to be careful balancing roles that mod confirm players as town. The scum team looks kind of farty compared to just those two roles alone.

Yeaaaah this is a good point, I was having an extremely hard time believing they were town otherwise

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Outside of AT-LOW lurking and the confirmed town stuff, scum should have tried harder on that Meen day. Basically everyone saying 'yeah, it's probably Meen, right?' made it pretty clear the dude was flipping scum without any material gained by scum from his flip.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
ALSO STOP KILLING ACTIVE PLAYERS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I am a wizard, not a poet.

merk posted:

ALSO STOP KILLING ACTIVE PLAYERS

To be fair, Yami was killed because they said they wanted out and scum obliged.