Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Inspector Hound posted:

I want French soldiers

JE VEUX DES SOLDATS FRANÇAIS

e maybe just a "putain" button

BONJOUUUURRRRRRR

Ya cheese eatin surrender monkeys

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf
If I pick up the 5 package with all the DLC for Beef1 on steam right now will I carry over progress from an EA Origin account?

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

i support this government and/or service

Inspector Hound posted:

I want French soldiers

JE VEUX DES SOLDATS FRANÇAIS

e maybe just a "putain" button

between chivalry and deep rock galactic i think the case has been made that all games should feature a dedicated 'shout nonsense' button

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Au Revoir Shosanna posted:

between chivalry and deep rock galactic i think the case has been made that all games should feature a dedicated 'shout nonsense' button

For all its flaws, Tarkov’s jibber jabber options are on point.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

codo27 posted:

BONJOUUUURRRRRRR

Ya cheese eatin surrender monkeys

Is that some sort of dead language?

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

Blue Raider posted:

For all its flaws, Tarkov’s jibber jabber options are on point.

Oh I’ve had some great conversations lately now that pscavs are usually friendly

Sadly I don’t speak Russian and haven’t the slightest clue about what’s being said

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

rap music posted:

Oh I’ve had some great conversations lately now that pscavs are usually friendly

Sadly I don’t speak Russian and haven’t the slightest clue about what’s being said

Shoes are clean, cheeky breeky, and cyka blyat are all you need to know.

Seriously though, allegedly the Russian phrases are extremely profane and kind of mean. It would likely get banned from Twitch if they were in English.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

jisforjosh posted:

I loved/hated unlocking the Peacekeeper in equal portions but I can't help but grin when using it. Running around with that and an ironsight bolt action as some sort of turn of the century cowboy will never get old.

I never unlocked the SAA, but Martini-Henry/Obrez/Flaregun was peak Recon giggles.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

Au Revoir Shosanna posted:

I want an unlock that lets me honk like a jeep.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

PittTheElder posted:

The jeeps better all have horns

The jeep in Jurassic World doesn't have a horn and man you really feel its absence

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009

Inspector Hound posted:

The jeeps better all have horns

The jeep in Jurassic World doesn't have a horn and man you really feel its absence

Was it bf3 or 4 that launched without jeep horns?

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"

dog nougat posted:

Was it bf3 or 4 that launched without jeep horns?

BF3 shamefully

Bring back the Squad leader whistle from BF1 I don't care if it makes no sense

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
I know this is mainly a PC thread but I don’t think the console thread is still being posted in.

If any goons have an Xbox and want to play some BF1, my GT is “CASTLE BR4V0” would love to have some friends!

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

The new BF2042 trailer got me to finally get my hacked original Origin account back and start playing BF1 again. :hellyeah:

Ceive
Dec 19, 2006

thank pizza skeltal

Bf1 origin code for a goon that wants it: A4PP-FKMA-ZZB5-J2SC-DVDT

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
There were 31 full west coast Battlefield One servers running yesterday afternoon. It's glorious to see this many people hopping back into the game.

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

Maybe there will finally be a populated Air Assault server in NA and I can complete my codex (I won't because one of the campaign entries glitched and I can't get it to trigger :smith:)

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

jisforjosh posted:

BF3 shamefully

Bring back the Squad leader whistle from BF1 I don't care if it makes no sense

This so much. Been playing BF1 on my xbox and man, great game. Took multiple points using the juggernaut suit or whatever it is. Feels good man.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

PittTheElder posted:

The Magestic Spacewhale Horn in Planeside 2 was the best horn ever.

Or would have been if enemy players could hear your horns so they could hear the majestic Ginyu-Whale-Force arriving. :argh:

Orv
May 4, 2011

Captain Beans posted:

If I pick up the 5 package with all the DLC for Beef1 on steam right now will I carry over progress from an EA Origin account?

It should, it's still going through your Origin account on Steam. It might also be bizarre and funky because the DLC is from another store but I have no way of saying either for sure.

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT
just a reminder that the battlefields are all included in pc gamepass these days

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

kri kri posted:

This so much. Been playing BF1 on my xbox and man, great game. Took multiple points using the juggernaut suit or whatever it is. Feels good man.

What’s your GT? Would love to have someone to revive lol

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

Julius CSAR posted:

sidenote: not a big anime head but your av is cool what is that from

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Julius CSAR posted:

Should be kri kri #1236

I am super sporadic since I have a toddler, but hit me up

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

rap music posted:

sidenote: not a big anime head but your av is cool what is that from

Royal Space Force

kri kri posted:

Should be kri kri #1236

I am super sporadic since I have a toddler, but hit me up

Right on I’m up pretty late usually lol.

CASTLE BR4V0 if you didn’t see it up thread

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

Are there any popular BC2 servers still about?

Shrimp or Shrimps
Feb 14, 2012

I know I've made like 3 or 4 posts recently already but I can't get over how much I'm enjoying BF1 again (especially playing it with my partner right next to me with a goon-given key) and I don't know why I wasted so much time in BFV instead of going back to BF1.

I can even remember going back to BF4 in the gap between BF1 and V and am not even sure why. Maybe it was hackers? Today I came across a few and it was definitely a bit of a deja-vu moment that totally ruined the session.

But from what I remember, BF1 actually had an overtuned fairfight where legit pro Ggenxoddysey or whatever tier streamers were getting incorrectly banned.

I once was in a squad with genxoddysey in BF1 and it's such a vivid memory because I slowly started to realize (as w(h)e dominated, of course, and were busy chatting away on comms) that I was being streamed. Once it clicked, I got massive stage fright and quit, lol. I kinda feel like if someone is streaming, they should tell you if it's a public squad.

Shrimp or Shrimps fucked around with this message at 10:35 on Jul 27, 2021

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

If a pro is streaming you to their legions of fans, the correct thing to do is drive towards them in a jeep and then bail at the last moment

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Stupid idea that would be awesome: Having some of the classic WWI/WWII weapons slip back from the Portal into actual 2042 gameplay. Once 1/V actually get added to the portal (which EA/:dice: are likely to hold off on since they're the newest games).

Would love to take on tomorrow's super-soldier with a beat up BAR.

Probably doable in the Portal itself but would be fun just playing standard 2042 with a Tommy Gun...or the Russian Lever Action.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?

Inspector Hound posted:

If a pro is streaming you to their legions of fans, the correct thing to do is drive towards them in a jeep and then bail at the last moment

You forgot about the C4.

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

Lmao oddyesy, he who continued to stream into the void long after every BF was a certified ded game. Praise be unto his name

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

Let me boss ai soldiers around like the simulants in Perfect Dark

Lube Enthusiast fucked around with this message at 16:18 on Jul 27, 2021

Uriah Heep
Apr 28, 2010

im having a bit of an existential crisis here guys
Haven't played a battlefield game in a while. Coming back to BF1 after playing so many battle royals and COD is a really nice change of pace.

I am not great at aiming in BF, at least coming back to it, but I still managed to top the list in my first couple games back, felt good :cool:

Tho the fact that there's a ton of new players in the lobbies prolly has something to do with it.

Rockstar Massacre
Mar 2, 2009

i only have a crazy life
because i make risky decisions
from a position of
unreasonable self-confidence
Are console Battlefields seeing a similar revival? I can definitely think of worse things to do than playing some BF1 one last time

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Lol if you can easily win using an AI team because they move around to cap/defend poo poo when needed instead of just loving off

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

I genuinely can't wait to see ai grunts padding out the battlefields, it added a lot to the Titanfalls for me.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Rockstar Massacre posted:

Are console Battlefields seeing a similar revival? I can definitely think of worse things to do than playing some BF1 one last time

Yup

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009

Sweet! BF1 was pretty dead last time I tried playing, somewhere near the end of BFV's update cycle. Gonna try installing it on my PS5 to see if I get any boost from the faster SSD. Not expecting any miracles, but sub 1 minute load times would be nice.

Uriah Heep
Apr 28, 2010

im having a bit of an existential crisis here guys
So how do you play other classes to maximize score per minute in BF1? Medic just seems to be my bread and butter and very obvious how to milk points. Other classes I cant seems to come close

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
BF5 was on PS+ in May, that should have given it a good boost.

Bf1 was/is in the PS+ collection iirc.
Edited for correction, had the wrong BF in mind

Hopper fucked around with this message at 17:43 on Jul 27, 2021