Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:
That person should get a loving blog.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
Person did everything they could to make that poo poo impossible.

"I don't want to actually use my 2FA-enhanced login but also I'm perplexed that the Family Plan doesn't work on my enterprise account" is like...psychotic commitment to being an edge case

TheScott2K fucked around with this message at 18:14 on Jul 25, 2021

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Bofast posted:

Not Stadia, per se, but getting Youtube Premium working on a PS4 can apparently be a massive pain depending on your circumstances. :psyduck:
I would recommend reading all 39 tweets from the start. It's quite a ride.
https://twitter.com/cmuratori/status/1419220472273674242

this guy is dumb as gently caress lmao

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Yeah uh apps on devices are by in large garbage, and PS4 suck in particular (mostly in how laggy the interface is)... But in this case it was user error

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I read the first tweet and was like "wow I must be lucky, YT Premium always just works for me on whatever I'm using it on" and yeah no this guy's just an educated moron

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

TheScott2K posted:

Person did everything they could to make that poo poo impossible.

"I don't want to actually use my 2FA-enhanced login but also I'm perplexed that the Family Plan doesn't work on my enterprise account" is like...psychotic commitment to being an edge case

Yeah, it's this.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Tweet 39 is the dumbest loving thing.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Antigravitas posted:

That person should get a loving blog.
Twitter is a horrid format that induces brain damage but I don't think a blog solves anything here.

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

Can i have a Stux memorial sixer with the windmill pic?

Stadia is mindboggling badly run and i fear that it will cease to exist soon. Need something to remember that trainwreck.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

AutismVaccine posted:

Can i have a Stux memorial sixer with the windmill pic?

Stadia is mindboggling badly run and i fear that it will cease to exist soon. Need something to remember that trainwreck.

Same but with Stadia is Clown Gaming.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

stadia is and joke CLOWN is on PLatform STADIA Gamer Rights.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

TheScott2K posted:

stadia is and joke CLOWN is on PLatform STADIA Gamer Rights.

Spermando
Jun 13, 2009
https://twitter.com/OriginaIPenguin/status/1419637880570396678?s=09
Ruh roh

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
I would like to thank whoever mentioned Pulsar(+) because I was looking for a new audio app. I had a bunch of Sony devices in the past and the former Walkman app sufficed, but I could never get it to run reliably on my later non-Sony phones.

Pulsar is exactly what I've been looking for.

Also yeah PSN spamming me with receipt e-mails for free DLC etc. is funny but it kinda makes sense (it should really group multiple purchases of free items though). What makes less sense is my Playstation insisting it wasn't the last device where I "purchased" stuff on PSN (even if it clearly was) and asking for my credit card info again every single time I'm getting new free items (including demos or claiming season pass expansions).

Sorry, no actual Stadia content in this post (there is no Stadia content).

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

orcane posted:

there is no Stadia

The folly of men.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Should we "trust" Google? posted:

I would like to start playing on Stadia, but I feel really insecure about how Stadia will continue its project. It seems like they could shut it down when they want (even tough imo they won't) and they could just stopping caring about us. They haven't released Football Manager 21, MotoGP 21 and F1 2021, after they released their 2020 version. As a guy who will play mainly FIFA (with some FPS games), that's worrying. I feel like EA could just stop releasing Stadia titles, including FIFA, and they already did with F1 2021 after they released the 2020 version

Edit: thanks to everyone for their conforting words. I'm definitely gonna try Stadia

quote:

If you buy it on Stadia you're one reason more it won't shut down. If people stop hesitate and just give it a chance, it will most likely succeed.

quote:

Stadia has never "killed" anything that people spent money on. They just go absorbed into another Google service, like what happened to Google Play Music.

If Google "Killed" Stadia do you know what would happen? It would likely get absorbed into YouTube Gaming under a "Play" section. Perhaps we could no longer buy games, but only subscribe to the service to play the library. But any games I have purchased so far I could play any time I want.

I have spent nearly $1000 in Stadia. I'm not worried in the slightest.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde
CLOWN is on PLatform is longer than 18 characters, thus I can't buy it as a username! Admins! :argh::argh::argh::argh:

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Perhaps we could no longer buy games, but

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 30 days!

quote:

Stadia has never "killed" anything

They died with Stadia, not from Stadia

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Saoshyant posted:

how?! They practically hand the games out! That's like 20 games at full price!

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1614270/Submerged_Hidden_Depths/

Stadia loses another exclusive, sad

(not many people care about this game but I enjoyed the original Submerged years ago, though I'm not sure it really needed a sequel)

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia
I don't normally post in the thread but... What the gently caress is this title? I don't even like seeing it in passing.

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe

Zurtilik posted:

I don't normally post in the thread but... What the gently caress is this title? I don't even like seeing it in passing.

Stux posted:

has anyone else been feeling really strange lately after thinking about the stadia i caught myself pacing around the apartment saying "stadia stadia clown platform stadia clwon platform stadia clown" repeatedly over the last few days and im worried becuase in the 80s the cia had a program called "la mort du joueur de jeu" which translates to "gamers death" where they forced young infantry soldier men to play games at 200-300ms input lag in order to study the effects it would have and they found that repeated exposure caused episodes of total disassociation where the test subjects would do whatever theyre told like lobotomised sheep and i believe google is using this same memthod to create a gamer army im feelling incresingly unmoored i started yelling at my girlfriend that she doesnt understand my gamers rights and how negative latency is a complete myth and she wouldnt listen she evne said she heard its good i think theyve gotten to her as well i think thisi is possibly the only place where we can be safe in being anti stadia and that scares me i think we need to become more oroganized ive come up with a logo we could use

im going to make a redbubble for this so we can really get the word out there i think its really our duty as american citizens to fight against this and i feel like we can make some relal movement here just up in the thread theres already stuff like our loving KIDS beeing INDOCTrinated intot his we have to stpo it its gone too far and i will end it i will end it here and now in front of god.

v:shobon:v

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

Have we sent someone to check on Stux?

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Zurtilik posted:

Have we sent someone to check on Stux?

Check in, or "check in"?

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

Either/or. I'm not being entirely silly either, like what the gently caress was that?

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

who cares

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Stux's bit is posting exaggeratedly cringey versions of regular posts here and saying "this is you. My posts are a mirror"

He's fine

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe
Some say he's Games' very own Joker, holding a mirror up to our finely polished mannerisms and revealing our true gooniness. My evolving theory is that Stux takes ambien to sleep and plays a game to see if those nightly probations come through fast enough to get em to bed before the real good hallucinations kick in.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Sydney Bottocks posted:

They died with Stadia, not from Stadia

Also my parents' argument for why covid death statistics are overexaggerated

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 30 days!

Captain Hygiene posted:

Also my parents' argument for why covid death statistics are overexaggerated

Yeah, it was a common chud argument to try and claim that Trump wasn't actually responsible for 500,000+ deaths during his presidency.

Stadia "works" the same way :v:

Cemetry Gator
Apr 3, 2007

Do you find something comical about my appearance when I'm driving my automobile?

Quantum of Phallus posted:

this guy is dumb as gently caress lmao

I don't even know what he was trying to accomplish. But he found all the edge cases.

My guess is thatv when he decided to create two layers of obfuscation with users, he made the process more complicated for reasons that I don't know anyone could reasonably design for. That explains like the last third of this process. He was using a user who didn't have PSN, which means he couldn't download things, and so when he switched users, I'm guessing he hit a permissions thing since I'm guessing user one is not linked to the console.

The notice on the screen while the PS4 is checking itself after a power loss is just a generic warning since it doesn't have any way of knowing it crashed, and most users wouldn't get upset. My PS4 almost never crashed, so it's super loving rare.

Either way, this guy over-engineered a solution to a simple problem and then got upset when it came crashing down. And based on what I see, they're a developer. You think they'd learn.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

https://twitter.com/Sunnycloudgames/status/1419418267559481346
My wife and children know who I love the most

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

I read that cake thing as “crappy 35th” because of how it lined up with the countertop.

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Now sauntering to the ring, please welcome the lackadaisical style of the man who is always doing something...

God drat. That is profoundly embarrassing.

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013
My wife and children are just out of frame, playing Stadia too.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

what a loser

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

tater_salad posted:

what a loser

I know right? Who eats that fake coconut shaving crap on their cakes?