Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa
The Legacy of Dominic Deegan will be that he still has unfinished business; his legacy is that someone must get in contact with Mosly, who has become a Lich while waiting for a response from his good friend Dominic, and let him know what has become of his friend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat
Who is Ethelia?

Mosley. :tinfoil:

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Man that’s some crazy timing, though, to have the batch of strips depicting Siegfried lynching some orcs be posted on Emmet Till’s birthday.

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011
Those are pine trees? I noticed them in the imaginary fight against Siegfried and thought they were distant mountain peaks
They have snowy caps ffs

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

Whats with all the loving Frankenstein names?

Catpetter1981
Apr 9, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Why is she back to being nude
Wtf Mookie what's wrong with you

Emrikol
Oct 1, 2015
Folks predicted she'd ask Snout to help her pick a name, but I don't think anyone predicted it'd be on the very next page.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
Maybe don't have the white character name the black woman.

Bismuth posted:

Whats with all the loving Frankenstein names?

She's a corpse bride learning language from books and doesn't have a name.

Ague Proof fucked around with this message at 11:06 on Jul 26, 2021

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

Ague Proof posted:

I mean, okay i guess but other than being kinda undead she doesnt really share any similarities with the frankenstein monster. They're not even the same kind of undead, and the monster didnt get better, he just became a very clever plotter in his quest for revenge. The connection is tenuous at best.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

I'm not sure it's a good idea to ask someone who presumably named himself "Snout" for creative naming ideas, he's probably going to pick Dominique Treegan.

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

Wait if she recognizes that those are names, why doesn’t she just decide one for herself?

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
She may be stronger, smarter and more capable than Snout but she’ll always become meek and submissive in his presence. It is the Deegan Way.

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Now is the time for us to gather together and celebrate those things that we like and think are fun.

Ague Proof posted:

No its OK, he included Storm's name. So clearly he's doing it in a respectful way

Billy Gnosis fucked around with this message at 18:17 on Jul 26, 2021

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Hey Mookie, since you're reading this thread, when we complained Corpsemom didn't have a name, we didn't mean put the plot on pause to have a storyline where she picks a name.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
You can't put the plot on pause when you don't have one

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

Seriously, just have her point to a name in the book and then point to herself and bam done move on

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut
She must have had a name from before she was a corpse.

Beelzebufo
Mar 5, 2015

Frog puns are toadally awesome

Regalingualius posted:

Man that’s some crazy timing, though, to have the batch of strips depicting Siegfried lynching some orcs be posted on Emmet Till’s birthday.

O.O

Totally unintentional I assure you

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Beelzebufo posted:

O.O

Totally unintentional I assure you

Oh, no, I wasn’t accusing you of anything! Just… yeah, crazy coincidental timing, is all.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Also, on digesting it a bit more: what the hell? It wasn’t enough to just tinge their memories of Siegfried greatly enough to disrupt his hold on them, they have to explicitly learn to hate him, too? That’s straight up cultlike.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

Howard Beale posted:

Wasn't the dude Snout rescued from the cabin the soul inhabiting her body? That could raise questions of if corpsewifemom even sees herself as a woman but you know I think I'm good with Mookie not trying to write a character struggling with gender identity.

Roman Reigns posted:

Seriously, just have her point to a name in the book and then point to herself and bam done move on

But then Snout will pout and go outside and look up at the stars and be sad that she wouldn't let him control her life help her.

I joked before that Snout wouldn't have enough agency to pick her name but it figures this is how it would turn out, with Snout choosing her name and her fawning over him for being so nice.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

If there is any question of gender identity, I figure that they’d just wind up going with an androgynous name

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Mosley died on the way back to his home planet

maltesh
May 20, 2004

Uncle Ben: Still Dead.

Howard Beale posted:

Presumably the Monglelfolk who was used to make her did have a name, but Vine-Crazy Cabin Guy either never learned it, or didn't write it down on the pages we were shown. He's only referred to as "A kindly Mongrelfolk" or "My friend"

Vine-Crazy Cabin Guy also didn't write down his own name on the pages we were shown.

MiracleFlare
Mar 27, 2012
Oh boy. The generous reading would be that Corpsey is asking Snout for input but is still mostly in control of her own decisions, and is only asking Snout because the narrative is limited to his POV and most concepts in Legacy are communicated by books/writings. edit: Which, to be clear, is itself an issue because that leads to massive infodumps and Snout writing recap pages. It's just that I'm not unsurprised that Mookie decided to show that she's looking for a name by having Snout read with her.

Now that he is involved though it's very possible that he'll take control and point out something that is so perfect that she'll immediately accept it as her name without even thinking on it for a couple days to get a feel for it. God, I just imagined that Luna or variants of it might have become a popular Maltak name and that Snout might suggest that because he saw it in a book earlier.

MiracleFlare fucked around with this message at 19:42 on Jul 26, 2021

Riot Bus
Jan 8, 2020
Still overwhelmed that Mookie decided to have a main character who was black but then also decided to make it a character like Corpsewifemom.

Also it just occurred to me that if Snout has been mute and deaf since birth he wouldn't really know how any of these names are pronounced. This is basically a neutral observation but it's something that would be interesting to hear about from a deaf person's perspective. Not that we'll get that in this story.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

We don't know why or how long Snout has been deaf and mute. We don't know why he was a hermit, or why he didn't know about the existence of Mongreltown, despite living relatively close to it and being excited about discovering its existence. We don't know if he's ever had any contact with any people other than that little library dude, or how he learned to read and write. As far as the comic cares, he popped into existence on page 1 of the comic fully formed.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Of course, Dominique.

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I said, come on, Fbubaksk
I said come on, Fbubaksk.
Everybody to the limit
Everybody to the limit
Everybody come on Fbubaksk!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFNcStdF_Ok

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

MiracleFlare posted:

Now that he is involved though it's very possible that he'll take control and point out something that is so perfect that she'll immediately accept it as her name without even thinking on it for a couple days to get a feel for it.

She's gonna immediately accept it and turn to Snout and thankingly smile at him with bedroom eyes.

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa
While there's lots of problematic issues around the topic of her having or not having a name, I think it's also worth noting; in-universe, why does she want or need a name? The only other woman she's met and had meaningful interactions with is someone who comes from a culture that doesn't place much value on names and seems to only really use descriptive titles. Wouldn't it make more sense - and arguably kill two birds with one stone by trying to justify the Ink Witch not having a name as a deliberate choice - by having Corpsewifemomdaughter decide - decide herself that is - to emulate the Ink Witch and choose a name for herself that's descriptive rather than a traditional name? Vine or Ivy or or something.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

Twelve by Pies posted:

Wasn't the dude Snout rescued from the cabin the soul inhabiting her body? That could raise questions of if corpsewifemom even sees herself as a woman but you know I think I'm good with Mookie not trying to write a character struggling with gender identity.

Regalingualius posted:

If there is any question of gender identity, I figure that they’d just wind up going with an androgynous name

Riot Bus posted:

Still overwhelmed that Mookie decided to have a main character who was black but then also decided to make it a character like Corpsewifemom.

C'mon, fellas, Mookie's writing in earnest. I mean it's not like the portrayal of a White character naming a Black character is deeply problematic, what's the worst that could ha

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Now is the time for us to gather together and celebrate those things that we like and think are fun.

gently caress basket? I thought they closed that place down.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

It's funny seeing old ugly Snout next to soft anime boi Snout

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem
My art program doesnt do text, someone replace the names with

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa
Bustopher Jones

DamnitGannet
Apr 8, 2007

maybe i missed it, but how do all of the werewolves know about jayden cheating on milov? did milov learn about it and then immediately tell everyone?

also wow, what more can i say about this chapter that hasnt already been said? i assumed that royal knights all have blood on their hands anyway, and siggy was openly racist so i don't know why a lynching is what finally turned everyone against him. also, not to devils advocate fictional child murder, but that was like.. when he was a kid, right? no benefit of the doubt for their friend? like maybe something about how being raised by a psychopath can result in some hosed up scenarios to win approval? everyone is okay with stonewater raping melna but killing a kid about the same age is too far??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat
He Awooed in grief and all werewolves know that could only mean his girlfriend cheated on him.