Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Gambol councilmember

Power for sale, power for sale.
House Gambol offers to vote with up to three power in exchange for gold.

The going rate is 2 gold for each power if you want us to vote NAY, 3 gold for each power if you want us to vote AYE.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Blastinus posted:

Senator

So, what, everyone sits in a circle, munching bread? How expensive would that be? No, this divination is going straight into someone's pocket, and I don't think it's worth it.

Treasurer

Oh, I think it's worth it.

House Gambol, we'll pay you 3 Coins for 1 Power on Aye.

Sighence
Aug 26, 2009

Cyfoeth

Omobono posted:

Gambol councilmember

Power for sale, power for sale.
House Gambol offers to vote with up to three power in exchange for gold.

The going rate is 2 gold for each power if you want us to vote NAY, 3 gold for each power if you want us to vote AYE.

Help us help you do what you clearly want to, in exchange for a little bit less of a buffer on your gold score.

two gold for one on nay

C...
Jan 22, 2008

Tootin the Doom Flute has led the Kingdom of Ankist into a new age of illumination. Every morning, people wake up and open palm slam a woodwind instrument into their mouth. It is the Doom Flute and right then and there they start playing the notes. They play every note, and they play every note hard
Gambol

Five gold to pass? What a deal.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

C... posted:

Gambol

Five gold to pass? What a deal.

Ha! But I do believe we accepted first. 😅

Sighence
Aug 26, 2009

Quackles posted:

Ha! But I do believe we accepted first. 😅

You extended an agreeing offer first.

C...
Jan 22, 2008

Tootin the Doom Flute has led the Kingdom of Ankist into a new age of illumination. Every morning, people wake up and open palm slam a woodwind instrument into their mouth. It is the Doom Flute and right then and there they start playing the notes. They play every note, and they play every note hard
See what my cousin has to say, but many debates in Solad are settled by musical chairs.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

I should probably have put in some clause about competing offers there :ohdear:
I'd rather vote NAY but I think I need to invoke kingly arbitration on this matter.

Inadequately
Oct 9, 2012

Sitting Councilmember

I’m not quite as much of a skeptic as my colleague, so I’m willing to hear out offers for Aye, if any house is interested in extending them.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.

Quackles posted:

Treasurer

Oh, I think it's worth it.

House Gambol, we'll pay you 3 Coins for 1 Power on Aye.

Sighence posted:

You extended an agreeing offer first.
I would say Daucus's post takes this, since they have not modified Gambol's offer (they are agreeing with it) and as written it's by nature it's an either/or proposal. So Witnessed

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

I don't think anyone else is interested, but just in case offer over, we're locked into 1 power on aye.

Sorry Cyfoeth, I forgot to properly write the small print.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Inadequately posted:

Sitting Councilmember

I’m not quite as much of a skeptic as my colleague, so I’m willing to hear out offers for Aye, if any house is interested in extending them.

Treasurer

How about 2 Coins for 1 Power on Aye, then?

Inadequately
Oct 9, 2012

Quackles posted:

Treasurer

How about 2 Coins for 1 Power on Aye, then?

Sitting Councilmember

Sounds good to me, offer accepted.

Sighence
Aug 26, 2009

Cyfoeth

We will pass then, enjoy your slider movements.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Sighence posted:

Cyfoeth

We will pass then, enjoy your slider movements.

We shall! Voting Aye, ofc.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.

Inadequately posted:

Sitting Councilmember

Sounds good to me, offer accepted.
Witnessed!

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Reign of King Newcomen I, Dilemma 1, Resolution

Vote Results posted:

Votes Aye
Spends 1 Power (current: 11).
Gains 0 Coins gains 2 from Agreement, gains 2 from Storyline bonus (current: 20).

Votes Aye
Spends 1 Power (current: 11).
Gains 0 Coins gains 3 from Agreement, gains 2 from Storyline bonus (current: 15).

Votes Pass and gather Power
Gains 1 Power (current: 10).
Gains 1 Coins (current: 12).

Votes Aye
Spends 3 Power (current: 6).
Spends 5 Coins gains 2 from Storyline bonus: (current: 8).

Votes Pass and gather Power
Gains 1 Power (current: 12).
Gains 1 Coins (current: 11).

House Daucus(5), Dukes of Olwyn is the current Leader.

Vote Outcome posted:

Mystery Sticker: E

Ankist has its own [u]Great Filter?!

Resources and Stability change:

There currently are 18 cards in the Dilemma deck.

Chronicle stickers: -

No changes.
Reign of King Newcomen I, Dilemma 2

History of the Kingdom of Ankist posted:

Hall of Rulers

Storyline: - Ending bonus: +20 Cohesion

Storyline: - Ending bonus: +5 Dissent

Storyline: - Ending bonus: +20 Cohesion

Storyline:

Storyline:

Storyline:

- Foreman/Sitting Councilmember: Blastinus (also Treasurer)

- Sitting Councilmember: LPFinale (also Treasurer)

- Sitting Councilmember: scavy131 (also Treasurer)

- High Scholar/Sitting Councilmember: Quackles (also Treasurer)

- Sitting Councilmember: Covski
- Treasurer/Negotiator: Bellmaker

Dilemma 2 posted:

Stakes:

Active Event(s)

Current destination: Beyond the Obisian Planes
:siren::siren::siren:
A 48h voting window is now open!
- Sitting Councilmembers can send me a PM/Email with their final decision. Please consult the OP if you need a refresher on the rules!
- Treasurers can now start bribing. Please consult the OP if you need a refresher on the rules!
- Senators are free to discuss the Dilemma and provide their feedback. Don't forget that every choice could have consequences that are not spelled out outright on the front of the card! Also, please remember that the thread is the main discussion platform for your vote intention - the Sheet is only to be used when discussing high level strategy, bargaining strategies and items on the sheet itself.
:siren::siren::siren:

That Italian Guy fucked around with this message at 09:31 on Jul 26, 2021

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Gambol senator

Is that the mawther sect? The cells being of size nine would fit their heretical view of the Mother and Her daughters, while resetting civilization would allow them the space to practice their murderous immortality rituals safely.
Or do we have 2 fantasy illuminati organizations running around?

For this dilemma, no clue? We probably need the army at home to deal with the hollow maidens more than sacking this tower to get at the tasty tasty knowledge inside. On the other hand, tasty tasty knowledge inside.

C...
Jan 22, 2008

Omobono posted:

Gambol senator

Is that the mawther sect? The cells being of size nine would fit their heretical view of the Mother and Her daughters, while resetting civilization would allow them the space to practice their murderous immortality rituals safely.
Or do we have 2 fantasy illuminati organizations running around?

The other lore sticker has Ommad and his eight hollow maidens. Could be a cell, could be the inspiration for all cells to come.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

quote:

"They have a system of common signs to communicate with each other: like burning three windmills along a single road or releasing 81 white doves in a city."

gently caress.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

ah poo poo, the reapers are here

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Quackles posted:

gently caress.
81 is a common number, I'm sure it's a coincidence.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

oldskool posted:

ah poo poo, the reapers are here

Given we’re one step away from mecha I was thinking the Anti-Spiral :v:

If Celestina is part of the group she’s doing a piss-poor job of staying in the shadows.

I also wonder if Hysadora was a traitor to this group, given her… discoveries.

Bellmaker fucked around with this message at 17:30 on Jul 26, 2021

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

That Italian Guy posted:

81 is a common number, I'm sure it's a coincidence.

Ah, but it's 9*9...

9 Reigns
9 Maidens
9 Doors

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
What does Lethe know of this group and when did they know it?! :tinfoil:

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Slaan posted:

What does Lethe know of this group and when did they know it?! :tinfoil:

Nothing and now.

They're the Wimp Lo of the Mawther Illuminati. They were taught wrong, as a joke.
(If we actually manage to catch Celestina she'd become the joke though. Get more search parties going, I love me some comedy)

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Omobono posted:

Nothing and now.

They're the Wimp Lo of the Mawther Illuminati. They were taught wrong, as a joke.
(If we actually manage to catch Celestina she'd become the joke though. Get more search parties going, I love me some comedy)

I suspect we may be in a race to find her, I do not think the others in her Black Dawn are pleased with these developments.

Blastinus
Feb 28, 2010

Time to try my luck
:rolldice:
Crap.

Foreman

Not an easy decision to make this time. It seems like it would be a waste to have found this tower, only to just turn around and go home. But perhaps there's a reason why there's a sticker for deciding against violence. It could be that turning away is the actual path to wisdom.

As far as House Pinchay is concerned, I'm willing to give peace a chance. It's going to be Nay for us.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Blastinus posted:

Foreman

Not an easy decision to make this time. It seems like it would be a waste to have found this tower, only to just turn around and go home. But perhaps there's a reason why there's a sticker for deciding against violence. It could be that turning away is the actual path to wisdom.

As far as House Pinchay is concerned, I'm willing to give peace a chance. It's going to be Nay for us.

Maybe they'll subscribe Ankist to the book-of-the-month club.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Treasurer

Hmmmm this is a tough one. The knowledge we need about this Black Dawn is probably in this temple.

I'm not sure yet what the best option for House Lethe is, but House Lethe will offer you 2 coins if your House commits to passing here.

LPFinale
Dec 8, 2019

Sitting Councilmember

This is a tough call to make. However, it's one House Gambol is willing to take a firm stance on. That Library and its contents may be our only clue into the operations of those who slither in the dark of Ankist. We would see fit to greatly support Aye.

In addition, House Gambol is willing to make an offer:

- To the first 2 Houses who come forward for the deal,

- House Gambol will provide 6 Coins in exchange for 2+ Power on Aye

- Should any House put more Power on Aye than House Gambol, House Gambol will assume Signing Rights so you are not burdened with the Negative Sticker. However,

- Should your House have legitimate interest in obtaining this Negative Sticker, you may opt into a slightly different set of conditions where House Gambol provides 4 Coins without assuming Signing Rights if your House commits more Power, since we wouldn't be paying to ensure Signing Rights.

To make declaring said intentions easier, here are the two versions of this deal your House may seek to accept:

Deal A: 6 Coins in exchange for 2+ Power on Aye and House Gambol assuming Signing Rights

Deal B: 4 Coins in exchange for 2+ Power on Aye; you retain your Signing Rights

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Dear House Pinchay: We stand with you, and plan to also strongly vote Nay.

Would you be amenable to selling signing rights, by the way? We're a tad short on stickers at the moment. An opening bid of 4 Coins seems fair, but we're open to negotiation.

Blastinus
Feb 28, 2010

Time to try my luck
Crap.

Foreman

If I'm going to be honest, I'll have to hear from House Cyfoeth before I say anything definite about signing rights. If House Lethe and Gambol are both committed to Aye, they can counter our votes pretty dang hard. And if they can get Cyfoeth onboard as well, then it's probably best to go along with Gambol or Lethe's offers instead.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Blastinus posted:

Foreman

If I'm going to be honest, I'll have to hear from House Cyfoeth before I say anything definite about signing rights. If House Lethe and Gambol are both committed to Aye, they can counter our votes pretty dang hard. And if they can get Cyfoeth onboard as well, then it's probably best to go along with Gambol or Lethe's offers instead.

House Lethe is still unsure of which side we will take, but intend to invest heavily in it. Aye is better for us short-term, Nay long-term. And potential signing implications with both.

Bellmaker fucked around with this message at 15:24 on Jul 27, 2021

Sighence
Aug 26, 2009

Cyfoeth

I feel like an incentive to go nay is in order, as the other two options have one themselves.

Blastinus
Feb 28, 2010

Time to try my luck
Crap.

Foreman

Understandable. Our offer is similar to Gambol's then.

6 coins to invest 2+ in Nay.

3 Coins to invest exactly 1 in Nay.

House Daucus, you expressed interest in 4 coins for signing rights, so we could make a net difference in that. 2 Coins to you plus the sticker for a 2+ Nay vote. Seem fair?

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Blastinus posted:

Foreman

House Daucus, you expressed interest in 4 coins for signing rights, so we could make a net difference in that. 2 Coins to you plus the sticker for a 2+ Nay vote. Seem fair?

Unsure if this deal is Cyfoeth only, but Lethe is willing to take the 2+ power for nay offer.

scavy131
Dec 21, 2017
House Cyfoeth
Sitting Councilmember Mobileposting

While our house does adore new knowledge as much as (most) of the other houses on the council, as with the issues with the Enkhali, I'm willing to believe that an option without bloodshed can be the path to success.

We're still considering whether to vote Nay or pass.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Blastinus posted:

Foreman

That does indeed seem fair. Pre-emptively Accepted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blastinus
Feb 28, 2010

Time to try my luck
Crap.

Bellmaker posted:

Unsure if this deal is Cyfoeth only, but Lethe is willing to take the 2+ power for nay offer.

Foreman

The offer's open to everyone, and up to three houses can take it. We're good for that much.