Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Miz Kriss
Mar 17, 2009

It's only an avatar if the Cubs get swept.

Nodoze posted:

Sell it all the team is rear end. At least get rid of German, gently caress that dude

I hope everyone finds time away from the Olympics to bitch about our baseball teams and how this may be the last time we see [player] in a [team] jersey :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
ESPN is suggesting Craig Kimbrel to the Astros, but I don't know if we have any big-name minor leaguers that could pay for him.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
who the gently caress is Anthony Banda and why does he look like everybody's one cool middle school teacher

Only registered members can see post attachments!

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Somehow Atlanta's best reliever is Jesse Chavez

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Joey Votto drew a 4 pitch bases loaded walk. Hendricks about to implode maybe.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
Ozzie's pretty good in the field but sometimes he gets one real wrong https://twitter.com/mlberrors/status/1419822285591130121?s=20

Gorman Thomas
Jul 24, 2007
Ohtani on first, Marquez throws over 7 or 8 times, Ohtani swipes 2nd easily lol

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer

elentar posted:

Ozzie's pretty good in the field but sometimes he gets one real wrong https://twitter.com/mlberrors/status/1419822285591130121?s=20

The Mets booth could not stop giggling at this.

thehoodie
Feb 8, 2011

"Eat something made with love and joy - and be forgiven"
Jays are really good at blowing the game

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
This Mariners game is not gonna be pretty lmao

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
I see the Mariners' coin has come up "blowout" today. I'm ok with that.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
Lmao 5-0

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Hoooooooooooooooooly poo poo Mariners fans this pitcher is loving awful. Dude is just laying meatballs right in the middle of the plate.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
holy lol

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

This is legit one of the worst pitchers I have ever seen.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

I like how he hit a home run off a jammed short swing.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
The Astros booth was literally just going on about how Seattle is a hard park to hit HRs in but not for Houston and that happened lol

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Well I'm enjoying this one so far

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

#HUGWATCH
https://twitter.com/Ken_Rosenthal/status/1419845522123280385?s=20

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

https://www.lookoutlanding.com/2021/7/26/22591934/darren-mccaughan-is-at-worst-interesting-seam-shifted-wake

Well, he is definitely interesting.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

I still don't like Alex Verdugo water :toot:

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Hahaha stay classy Seattle.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

It's cool to see the second time through the lineup in the second inning

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
lol I never knew about the Sugarland Skeeters until just now; gonna have to get a shirt

Scruffy the janitor
Dec 31, 2007

A greater tragedy my eyes have never beheld

fast cars loose anus posted:

lol I never knew about the Sugarland Skeeters until just now; gonna have to get a shirt

One of the high schools in the town where I mostly grew up was the Mesquite Skeeters.

...Yeah

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Hey M's fans how has Kelenic been since coming back up?

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
Learning of the Skeeters inspired me to look for tickets to San Antonio Missions games since I live there now and that alerted me to the existence of the Amarillo Sod Poodles and god drat I forgot how much minor league baseball owns

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Just saw Mariners lineup and averages.... didn't think there was a worse one than the Rangers.

Penisaurus Sex
Feb 3, 2009

asdfghjklpoiuyt

Kirios posted:

Still not great, not flailing hopelessly as much.

Judgment is out until next season IMO.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

MrMidnight posted:

Just saw Mariners lineup and averages.... didn't think there was a worse one than the Rangers.

It's incredible that their record is what it is. They should honestly be one of the worst teams in baseball.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
I'm at the game and LMAO the Mariners are such a poo poo team.

E: it's cool Y'all! The starter only has 53 pitches at the start of the 3rd.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

fast cars loose anus posted:

Learning of the Skeeters inspired me to look for tickets to San Antonio Missions games since I live there now and that alerted me to the existence of the Amarillo Sod Poodles and god drat I forgot how much minor league baseball owns

The local team for me is called the Hillsboro Hops - beer themed A+ affiliate of the Arizona Diamondbacks. Their logo and uniform is amazing and they serve wonderful beer at the ballpark and fully lean into the gimmick. The stadium is about 5 minutes from my house and I go to at least a dozen games every year. I honestly have more fun going to those games than Astros games. I have fully adopted the Diamondbacks as my NL team because of it. Minor league baseball owns indeed!

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

Kirios posted:

He was hitting below .100 last I checked? Not Good.

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

If Thompson can Houdini out of bases loaded nobody out I will never cubspost again

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Holy cow

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

Kirios posted:

The local team for me is called the Hillsboro Hops - beer themed A+ affiliate of the Arizona Diamondbacks. Their logo and uniform is amazing and they serve wonderful beer at the ballpark and fully lean into the gimmick. The stadium is about 5 minutes from my house and I go to at least a dozen games every year. I honestly have more fun going to those games than Astros games. I have fully adopted the Diamondbacks as my NL team because of it. Minor league baseball owns indeed!

It is always best when they say gently caress it and really play up the name

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

definitely safe at second

should've taken the out at first

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Aw crap he's safe.

Intruder posted:

definitely safe at second

should've taken the out at first

Yeah there was one out in the inning no need to be cute with it.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

Mariners home announcers can't help but compliment Altuve lmfao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

poo poo POST MALONE posted:

Mariners home announcers can't help but compliment Altuve lmfao

as they should