Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I told a guy to use a network cable with custom chat and he got mad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dhamster
Aug 5, 2013

I got into my car and ate my chalupa with a feeling of accomplishment.

They sound mad

Sestze
Jun 6, 2004

Cybernetic Crumb
alright, cool, got into floor 9

right, queue up against a may, play my three matches

cool, got into floor 10

(wat)

Just Andi Now
Nov 8, 2009

The game puts a heavy weight on streaks, probably. Assuming you won those matches.

Sestze
Jun 6, 2004

Cybernetic Crumb

Just Andi Now posted:

The game puts a heavy weight on streaks, probably. Assuming you won those matches.
yeah, i won those three matches pretty handily. losing a lot in the park helped me get a better handle on what i wanted to do.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
https://twitter.com/drilbot_neo/status/1419811561355583498

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
i-no has the dubious honor of being the only strive character with a mod to make her tits bigger

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
hopefully goldlewis can be the second

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Where is golden Louis, arcsys?

unimportantguy
Dec 25, 2012

Hey, Johnny, what's a "shitpost"?
I was just about to come in and ask if he was releasing tonight or tomorrow.

Veev
Oct 21, 2010

K is for kid.
A guy or gal just like you.
Dont be in such a hurry to grow up, since there's nothin' a kid can't do.
There's a patch at 2am pacific, he'll probably be available after that.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

nmGowldloois

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

Gol D Ickinson

J2DK
Oct 6, 2004

Playtime has ended.
I found a safe jump for May I haven't seen before.
https://youtu.be/TK53zz2m-GQ

fortocero
Jul 23, 2007

I could feel his muscle tissues collapse under my force. It's ludicrous these mortals even attempt to enter my realm.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOEI39pxIDA

dropping a ragequit clip for the downtime. i could feel his palpable rage when i hit the parry at the end

Just Andi Now
Nov 8, 2009

It wasn't even a perfect! So not worth a ragequit.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Stall_19 posted:

https://twitter.com/odawara114514/status/1419334476967014405

The gently caress is going on in that second combo?

I was gonna be like "Oh that's easy it's probably just a kara-cancel" and then the combo kept going and I have no idea

I do know all sorts of weird physics stuff happens if you kara-cancel specials that move you around, it's how Potemkin can sometimes pot buster you at round start

Glagha posted:

I'm gonna take wild guesses and just throw random Potemkin advice at you and hope some of it helps.

If he's doing Garuda meaty at you at midscreen you can backdash out. You'll still get HIT but he'll launch you across the screen and have zero follow up and taking like 70 damage is preferable to being put in a 50/50 for your entire rear end. Don't do it in the corner or he'll delete you from the game.

Blocked garuda has three correct responses and you've gotta guess: jump/backdash, invincible reversal, or block. He's so plus you can't jab him out of anything he's about to do and you don't have the usual benefit of the throw invuln grace period after blocking an attack in guard crush. Also make sure to FD it it does like a billion chip damage.

You can throw or 6P pot out of hammer fall and no amount of RCing will save him.

Hammerfall is very very unsafe, but if you start punishing it the pot can start RCing before it ends instead of as it ends. Especially if someone is sitting there holding block waiting to punish you can RC>pot buster easily

Garuda is amazing though. I've killed people in the corner who just kept blocking it, you can tell by the second one they're like poo poo this isn't working and start to panic

J2DK
Oct 6, 2004

Playtime has ended.

fortocero posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOEI39pxIDA

dropping a ragequit clip for the downtime. i could feel his palpable rage when i hit the parry at the end

Gotta love the ragequits!

I switched from Playstation to PC. I've never had a ragequit on Playstation, but I've had several on PC. Almost all of them were Chipp players against May in celestial. I assume it's because Alt+F4 is much faster than the Playstation button presses needed.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
So, if Goldlewis fights Chipp, does that count as a declaration of international war?

J2DK
Oct 6, 2004

Playtime has ended.
Doesn't that apply to Leo and Ky, too?

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

I think that when Americans do it they call it "peace keeping".

Hyper Crab Tank
Feb 10, 2014

The 16-bit retro-future of crustacean-based transportation
In the future, all international diplomatic conflicts are settled through kings and presidents duking it out personally.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Goldlewis is online.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
Did somebody say the season pass 1 dlc would go on sale when the first character released? Look like that wasn't true sadly.

SLUM KING
Nov 16, 2011

The Arcsys twitter account mentioned a "special price" but I think that just meant "$30 (you get the $15 color DLC for 'free'"

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1384160/view/3005574477748915992

Patchnotes are up.
Just goldlewis and bugfixes. No change to the networking yet.

Hyper Crab Tank
Feb 10, 2014

In this Behemoth Typhoon, Goldlewis takes down the servers for maintenance at precisely the moment I sit down to play.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1384160/view/3005574477748915992

Patchnotes are up.
Just goldlewis and bugfixes. No change to the networking yet.

When were the first balance patches for other recent Arc games? Just to get an idea of when we migth theoretically be expecting this game's first.

yo mamma a Horus
Apr 7, 2008

Nap Ghost
i bet we won't get a balance patch til after evo

i have no evidence of this

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

It's not a big deal

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SItUR7RKe8o

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem
https://twitter.com/gcyoshi13/status/1419965988183764992

boz
Oct 16, 2005

That finish was amazing

unimportantguy
Dec 25, 2012

Right. I should go to the park to try out a new character. Trying to jump into the tower with Dickinson was a mistake.

Char
Jan 5, 2013
I'm labbing random stuff - Dickinson has no blockstrings?? Not even 5P 5P or S H work. On the other hand, the H after S has <3 frames startup, I've tried with Chipp, it's a counterhit every time.
Basic 66RC stuff at the corner (6H, 426H, 66RC, 5S, 5H, 624H, wallbreak) give more or less 210 damage to Pot and 310 to Chipp.
Also, the 1080 super input is too long for my hands and I can't combo it reliably - that super has a really short hitbox.

Weird character.

Char fucked around with this message at 12:10 on Jul 27, 2021

J2DK
Oct 6, 2004

Playtime has ended.
I played someone brave enough to take on the Celestial challenge with Goldlewis. I applaud the player's tenacity.

Char posted:

I'm labbing random stuff - Dickinson has no blockstrings?? Not even 5P 5P or S H work. On the other hand, the H after S has <3 frames startup, I've tried with Chipp, it's a counterhit every time.
Basic 66RC stuff at the corner give more or less 210 damage to Pot and 310 to Chipp.
Weird character.

Only actual block string I could manage was in the corner S, low Behemoth. That was only 15 minutes, though.

J2DK fucked around with this message at 12:11 on Jul 27, 2021

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

My god, it's full of Dickinsons.

Char
Jan 5, 2013

J2DK posted:

Only actual block strings I could manage started with Behemoth or were in the corner like S, low Behemoth.

Right, some S into Behemoth are real block strings, IIRC the only ones that won't confirm are 486 and 426. I was surprised at the 5S 5H followup, though.

edit:
clockwise
624 confirms
486 is too slow
248 confirms
862 is too slow

counter-clockwise
426 is too slow
684 confirms
268 confirms
842 is too slow

those which start with 6 or 2 will confirm.

edit2:
cS 2H works like cS 5H - H has a 1 or 2 frames startup.

Char fucked around with this message at 12:29 on Jul 27, 2021

Hyper Crab Tank
Feb 10, 2014

All these Dickinsons are artificially inflating my floor ranking, I do not belong up here oh god

unimportantguy
Dec 25, 2012

I cannot do the behemoths that involve upwards inputs to save my life. I could probably eventually get them down with enough practice, but I dunno if it's worth it when May rules so much and is so fun to play.

Edit: y'know what I know someone's going to feel the need to be a smartass so let me just pre-emptively say yes May does in fact rule gently caress off. :colbert:

unimportantguy fucked around with this message at 13:25 on Jul 27, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
My immediate vibe on Goldlewis as an Axl player: He's probably the scariest matchup for Axl that's still generally in Axl's favor, because while it's fairly easy to keep him under control, he gets terrifying if he slips your grasp and gets to do some stuff.

Skyfish is also one of the few full-screen options capable of beating Rensengeki, thanks to having basically instantaneous travel. An Axl spamming Rensen will beat a Gold spamming Skyfish because of Skyfish's longer 'wind-down' animation, but Gold can whip out a Skyfish and use that to run in really well.

Cleretic fucked around with this message at 14:07 on Jul 27, 2021