Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGag8Qllgnw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Obi-wan never told you what happened to your father.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

This photo hit me like a freight train

Also lol god drat there were a lot of characters in that movie. Rune Haako got his own can? I guess I didn't drink enough Mountain Dew when I was 15 to ever see that one.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
Anyone know what this is from?

It's in the wookie for prisons but no citation for source
https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Prison/Legends?file=PrisonBreak-TUR.jpg

I tried reverse searching but not much help. Tags seem to suggest it might be art from a Wizards of the Coast SW RPG?

Robot Style
Jul 5, 2009

Looks like it's from this, or at least it's what mousing over the filename in the link points to.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Really digging the Assassins Creed-ish look.

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/NXc66Pq.gifv

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Tragically he still hit a tree and died.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Robot Style posted:

Looks like it's from this, or at least it's what mousing over the filename in the link points to.

thanks

reignofevil posted:

Tragically he still hit a tree and died.

lol if you think a segway can go dying speed

this on the other hand

A Single Sphink
Feb 10, 2004

COMICS CRIMINAL

Alan Smithee posted:

Tell that to the segway boss.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Alan Smithee posted:

thanks

this on the other hand

Love a high-speed vehicle with a 15 degree blind spot straight in front of me.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten

Daicon IV?

A Single Sphink posted:

Tell that to the segway boss.

Wasn't that gravity, not the segway?

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
That segway was going WAY faster than it was rated for, right at the end.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

https://twitter.com/PowerUSAID/status/1420360044823072779

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Hazo posted:

This photo hit me like a freight train

Also lol god drat there were a lot of characters in that movie. Rune Haako got his own can? I guess I didn't drink enough Mountain Dew when I was 15 to ever see that one.
It really is interesting how The Phantom Menace was this big "return" to Star Wars as far as the mainstream was concerned and the Merchandise Machine was HUNGRY for anything new they could make into a character/figure.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.
The vaccines thing is cool but maybe don't put stormtroopers on it

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

I didn't think about that, but that does seem to be a weird issue with Star Wars where the Imperial stuff is the more iconic and gets put on all the branding.

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?

SlothfulCobra posted:

I didn't think about that, but that does seem to be a weird issue with Star Wars where the Imperial stuff is the more iconic and gets put on all the branding.

Fascists always have better marketing

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

SlothfulCobra posted:

the imperial stuff is all deliberately designed and appointed with a unifying aesthetic while the rebels are just whatever an individual cell could scrap together on a shoestring budget, it’s kinda hard to build a marketing agenda around that. even turning to the Jedi for semiotics doesn’t really work cause everything is austere and drab

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

indigi posted:

the imperial stuff is all deliberately designed and appointed with a unifying aesthetic while the rebels are just whatever an individual cell could scrap together on a shoestring budget, it’s kinda hard to build a marketing agenda around that. even turning to the Jedi for semiotics doesn’t really work cause everything is austere and drab

Visions of brown and beige covering ever piece of prequel marketing.

Angry Salami
Jul 27, 2013

Don't trust the skull.
The other thing is the Empire has a lot more full-face helmets, so you can just stick 'generic stormtrooper' on something and people will go 'yep, that's a stormtrooper', while if you stick 'generic rebel pilot' on a T-shirt, people are going to be 'is that meant to be Luke?'

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.

Angry Salami posted:

The other thing is the Empire has a lot more full-face helmets, so you can just stick 'generic stormtrooper' on something and people will go 'yep, that's a stormtrooper', while if you stick 'generic rebel pilot' on a T-shirt, people are going to be 'is that meant to be Luke?'

I think it's also a likeness rights issue too so if it doesn't have to be a faced individual it won't be.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
We all know we should have put baby yoda on the plane. And on the packaging of the vaccine boxes. And on the needles.

Prophet of Nixon
May 7, 2007

Thou art not a crook!

reignofevil posted:

We all know we should have put baby yoda on the plane. And on the packaging of the vaccine boxes. And on the needles.

I won't let you inject me with baby Yoda. Bring me the Jar Jar needles!

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Release my children! My hat is truly great and mighty.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3eZBevXohCI

SolarFire2
Oct 16, 2001

"You're awefully cute, but unfortunately for you, you're made of meat." - Meat And Sarcasm Guy!

SlothfulCobra posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hmt1AxC9WqA

I don't know why the walk-in music to the gold medal fencing match was the Imperial March, but there you go.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
https://twitter.com/getfiscal/status/1422374255631740930?s=19

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/NfmisA1.gifv

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

This is a lot of fun.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Add this into the rotation for Star Tours immediately. Disney you can send me my check in the mail.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004