Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

"idk gently caress it they go on a road trip or some poo poo, doesn't matter this will get at least 70% on rt"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
pull up hop out all in one motion dancin on the hood while the car’s still rollin

Aglet56
Sep 1, 2011
the ghostbusters they the police

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.
This will have less cultural impact than Answer the Call because at least Answer the Call lead to Milo getting banned on Twitter

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
how long has this ghostbusters movie been coming out

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
there have been about 6 ghostbuster movies since the first two and no one saw any of them. they just put out the same one over and over but they change the title and dub it in different languages, no one notices.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

there is a spectre haunting hollywood, it is the spectre of muncher, the fat blue ghost first introduced in ghostbusters: afterlife: revelations - a new legacy (2021)

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

how about a ghost named gulper

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

So are they gonna try to play it small and safe or swing for a Ghostbusters cinematic universe?

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Stairmaster posted:

how about a ghost named gulper

have they done slurper yet?

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

i'm gonna bust

i love bustin

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

imo the series peaked with Search for Egon’s Brain, although Curse of Tully’s Gold has its fun moments

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

So are they gonna try to play it small and safe or swing for a Ghostbusters cinematic universe?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ghost_Corps

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

ok guys i shouldnt let you in on this, but im just so excited for the project....

ill give you a hint....what if the ghost was out of this world

although they had to do the SAT thing to one of the franchises names, since men are kinda not hot right now....so it doesnt actually stand for anything anymore...

but either way, its good to be back in black

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
preview clips of the new GB rollin out and i don't know what to think really.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KdPfUYgY6nw

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Babysitter Super Sleuth posted:

he doesn't even bother to try doing the voice

genuinely baffling that someone actually went to the effort to cast mark hamill as skeletor but only because hes a famous name with experience in voice acting and not because they wanted to make him do epic ham

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

MeatwadIsGod posted:

The Hollywood renaissance era was probably the peak of American cinema. The late '60s through the '70s is also where you get an insane number of masterpieces in French, Italian, Japanese, and Soviet cinema. There are of course great movies still getting made today but it definitely feels like the Disney tentpole movies suck most of the oxygen out of the room

I couldn't watch John Wick 3 because Disney had bought out all primetime showings, twice. The first time was I think for Infinity War or some poo poo and the next time was for Aladdin. Just couldn't have any primetime showings when I'm not working, all must be Disney.

ToxicAcne
May 25, 2014

Atrocious Joe posted:

are there Turkish guys who think they're experts on the Ottomans because they watch a bunch of dramas set in that era

Definitely Pakistanis like that, like Imran Khan for example.

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

real ghostbusters is the only canon ghostbusters

Unless
Jul 24, 2005

I art

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyFB1f0ScSQ

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

I just watched the usual suspects and it's hosed up how Keyser soze is real.

Unless
Jul 24, 2005

I art

these are ok movies

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ytMUSmS9kSs

StratGoatCom
Aug 6, 2019

Our security is guaranteed by being able to melt the eyeballs of any other forum's denizens at 15 minutes notice

DesertIslandHermit posted:

I remember Hollywood had a wild glut on Western movies to the point that over 50 of them were released in a year and it died down in the late 50s. There was a point that there were more Western movie releases than all other movie genre releases combined in a given year.

The superhero stuff is due to die off in a few more years. Can’t repeat Avengers: Endgame

I could see it dying in the next 2 years with the upcoming glut.

In other news:

https://twitter.com/tordotcom/status/1419760652470546440

I swear to god, if they pooch this...

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

depressing how many likes this has

https://twitter.com/eyeiism/status/1419702827446906883?s=21

bonus:

https://twitter.com/eyeiism/status/1419838235568746497?s=21

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

they’re right for the most part, the most anti marvel people online have 19 year old frat pledge film minor taste in cinema

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

indigi posted:

the most anti marvel people online have 19 year old frat pledge film minor taste in cinema

even if that were true, still better than marvel

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
People who don't like comic book movies like movies other people like, so their arguments are surely not valid.

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.

indigi posted:

they’re right for the most part, the most anti marvel people online have 19 year old frat pledge film minor taste in cinema

Seeing movies that have been recommended by film critic societies for years isn't really a bad thing.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

there was a time when a new comic book movie would be announced or come out, and I'd be like "aw that's cool, that would be entertaining" but there is such a glut of all of it and it has become so saturated I think the only thing I can bring myself to say "sure" to is deadpool and maybe another xmen movie but i havent even really seen some of the new ones and im just basing that off enjoying the first two and logan so big fat fuckin welp on that

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

lmao

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

i love people gradually noticing it, i only saw it monday morning after i got back from visiting family lol

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

even if that were true, still better than marvel

except for Taxi Driver they pretty much are equivalent

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

indigi posted:

except for Taxi Driver they pretty much are equivalent

Wtf are you saying about Blue Velvet!?

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

🤷

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

indigi posted:

still better than liking capeshit

unrelated but interesting, films with the biggest disparity between how men and women rate them:

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

Mantis42 posted:

unrelated but interesting, films with the biggest disparity between how men and women rate them:

lol

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Mantis42 posted:

not really, they're both pablum

e: lmao women liked The Blind Side?

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
the Mask should be a part of the Marvel cinematic universe. he could join the Avengers. save the franchise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

indigi posted:

e: lmao women liked The Blind Side?

White savior feel good bullshit