Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

1. Bifauxnen (surprise me)
  2. CirclMastr
  3. GulagDolls
  4. Idle Amalgam
  5. Infinitum (Call me anything you like...just don't call me late for dinner! ha cha cha~)
  6. Maerlyn
  7. merk (he/him)
  8. Mr. Steak (he/him)
  9. PlasticAutomaton
  10. Sandwolf (He/Him)
  11. Snooze Cruise
  12. Sub Rosa
  13. t a s t e
  14. the holy poopacy
  15. Toalpaz (THEY THEM)

hello friends.

once again we are here to play Mafia. I worked hard on this game and I have wanted to run some version of it for several years.

this will be a role-heavy game, but i don't expect it to be solvable through night actions. my flavor game will not be what it has been in the past, but i've already put in way more effort than i intended to.

the flavor is loosely inspired by Moon Colony Bloodbath(2009), an EP collaboration between the mountain goats and john vanderslice.

newbies are always welcome :)

here are the rules for my mafia game.

I. be cool to one another. please respect basic human decency.
II. No post edits
III. no posting anything itt after you're dead at all until the game is over.
IV. don't quote direct communication from any oot source. if you post the chatlogs from any kind of oot source, you will be punished by death.
V. no faking day actions.
VI. there are no death millers.
VII. respect the hammer. don't post after the hammer. if there's been hammer and i haven't locked the thread yet, just be chill.
VIII. don't lurk. ten posts a day or it is a warning and then a modkill.
IX. any kind of role comparison or flavor shenanigans are frowned upon and probably a bad idea.
X. no krells.

join the discord here

fifteen people can play together in this game.

Replacements:
Grandi
b-minus

you can ask for observer status but just a heads-up, I'm going to be running with no spoilers for this game.

Somberbrero fucked around with this message at 02:49 on Jul 28, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Aaaaaaaa I have to sign up for this even if it fills up fast and I end up in three games at once

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
im here

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I’m heading to Las Vegas for a week but I’ll spec.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

:greenangel:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

G'day big wheels

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2M_0pM8BcK0t

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Signing up as a replacement. Unless I die in Space Jam before this opens, then I want to be a player.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
I want to play

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Sure let's give Mafia another shot.

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
we gon' send 'em to Heaven
I'll do it

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

Grandicap posted:

Signing up as a replacement. Unless I die in Space Jam before this opens, then I want to be a player.

Same

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

i like mountain goat

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
I have not done mafia in forever, I'd be up to play

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

This av has been socialized, viva la Revolución

Sounds fun :)

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
yes please

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Put me in captain.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

merk posted:

I’m heading to Las Vegas for a week but I’ll spec.

come say hi!

not a sign up

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I will play unless you get more people than you need in which case I’m happy to spectate or replace

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Wow that's 14 probably. If we get another today then I should be able to start us up later tonight.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
If nobody else wants the last spot you can move me to player

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Hal Insandenza posted:

I will play unless you get more people than you need in which case I’m happy to spectate or replace

same

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Mini mafia of me, Sandwolf and bee for the last two spots

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Well, one of my Vegas trips was canceled due to covid, so I'm in to play if you need me. I'll still be there next week from Tues-Thur!

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
GAME WHEN

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

This av has been socialized, viva la Revolución

Fight to the death for the 15th spot.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I think maybe Somber just wants us to spontaneously fight so I cast magic missile on binus’ peener

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
Expand the game to include more players

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

b-minus1 posted:

Expand the game to include more players

It was originally designed for 18 but everyone was begging for more small games.

It sounds like merk wants it more than b-minus. we will start tonight once I get back from work!

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

Hello, I rarely play and I've said over and over I was waiting for Somber's game. Missed the post going up. I would like to ask if someone will give me their spot. If not, replacement please. Or we have 18 and you should make it 18.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Edit: nevermind

Hal I'm gonna drop you since you generously already offered a seat. Game start tonight.

Somberbrero fucked around with this message at 21:58 on Jul 27, 2021

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

I would drop as a replacement but Im not in the main count so no barrier to starting.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Grandicap posted:

I would drop as a replacement but Im not in the main count so no barrier to starting.

I decided I didn't want to do more work tonight anyway so it's all good!

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Somberbrero posted:

Edit: nevermind

Hal I'm gonna drop you since you generously already offered a seat. Game start tonight.

If Hal hates this you can drop me instead, Subrosa doesn't play enough!

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Sandwolf posted:

If Hal hates this you can drop me instead, Subrosa doesn't play enough!

I do not *want* to lose my spot but I am happy to lose it to Hal or Subrosa

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

No, I am fine with surrendering my spot, Somber games are great but I can still follow along unspoiled

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Missing from Discord:

CirclMastr
Poopacy
taste

I'll probably kick things off in a bit but I need you three to join the server soon

https://discord.gg/bhZgujTT

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

Hal Insandenza posted:

No, I am fine with surrendering my spot, Somber games are great but I can still follow along unspoiled

Thanks so much Hal!

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Zeppco Corporate had decided a long time ago that flashing red lights and klaxons were not a good look, they were distracting and kind of a bummer. Instead you were all bathed in dim, pulsating rainbow light while Ace of Base's "The Sign" came through the speakers in thirty-second bursts inbetween messages from the station A.I.

𝕒𝕥𝕥𝕖𝕟𝕥𝕚𝕠𝕟 𝕒𝕝𝕝 𝔹ℝ𝔸ℂ𝕂𝔼𝕋 𝕟𝕠𝕟-𝕕𝕠𝕣𝕞𝕒𝕟𝕥 𝕤𝕒𝕝𝕒𝕣𝕚𝕖𝕕 𝕖𝕞𝕡𝕝𝕠𝕪𝕖𝕖𝕤 𝔹ℝ𝔸ℂ𝕂𝔼𝕋

ℂ𝕆ℕ𝔾ℝ𝔸𝕋𝕌𝕃𝔸𝕋𝕀𝕆ℕ𝕊

𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕙𝕒𝕧𝕖 𝕓𝕖𝕖𝕟 𝕣𝕒𝕟𝕕𝕠𝕞𝕝𝕪 𝕤𝕖𝕝𝕖𝕔𝕥𝕖𝕕 𝕗𝕠𝕣 𝕒 𝕞𝕒𝕟𝕕𝕒𝕥𝕠𝕣𝕪 𝕓𝕠𝕟𝕦𝕤 𝕖𝕩𝕔𝕦𝕣𝕤𝕚𝕠𝕟! 𝕡𝕝𝕖𝕒𝕤𝕖 𝕒𝕡𝕡𝕝𝕒𝕦𝕕! 𝕒𝕗𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝕒𝕡𝕡𝕝𝕒𝕦𝕤𝕖 𝕡𝕝𝕖𝕒𝕤𝕖 𝕝𝕠𝕔𝕒𝕥𝕖 𝕟𝕖𝕒𝕣𝕖𝕤𝕥 𝕥𝕖𝕣𝕞𝕚𝕟𝕒𝕝! 𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕒𝕣𝕖 𝕨𝕖𝕝𝕔𝕠𝕞𝕖!

Life aboard Moon Colony Selene was by and large dull, so the surge of panic and anticipation you felt heading to the central terminal was actually kind of enjoyable at first. That was, until one by one you filtered in to the annex of the central hub to see Garlic resting in a clear plastic coffin. It was automated and puttered about the room, waiting for clearance to take Garlic to the morgue. Not everyone in the room knew that from there he would likely be launched back towards Earth, burning up in the atmosphere and technically fulfilling Zeppco's contractual obligation to return the body to Earth, but those who did why they hadn't bothered to move the corpse already.

Once there were fifteen of you in the annex, the terminal in front of you gave a pleasant chirp and turned green, halting the lights and music before displaying a quick message from the station A.I..

The plastic coffin popped open with a hiss then, and you could all see the body to confirm your suspicion. There was no damage to Garlic anywhere, not a scratch. They were certainly dead though. As you contemplated what that meant, the terminal displayed a cordial message advertising a total sector lockdown. Rows and rows of human popsicles sat underneath your feet, waiting for their next shift, but otherwise you were completely

utterly

alone.

quote:

It's a straight walk home
Straight walk home
Through the generation fields
And the ventilation dome
Body after body, alone

𝐃𝐀𝐘 𝐎𝐍𝐄 𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐑𝐓

Not Voting (15): Bifauxnen, CirclMastr, GulagDolls, Idle Amalgam, Infinitum, Maerlyn, merk, Mr. Steak, PlasticAutomaton, Sandwolf, Snooze Cruise, Sub Rosa, t a s t e, the holy poopacy, Toalpaz

With 15 alive, it's 8 votes to execute. The current deadline is July 30th, 2021 at 8 p.m. CDT -- that's in about 2 days, 21 hours.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

At least I have my trusty mason buddy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

Bifauxnen posted:

At least I have my trusty mason buddy

hey